Interview with Bernard Pollard

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddimaria. Show ddimaria's posts

Interview with Bernard Pollard

Did anyone happen to catch the interview they had on 98.5 this morning with Bernard Pollard of the Ravens?  I have to tell you he is a lot different person than I had in my head.  He was very well spoken, spoke honestly and really didn't sound like a bad guy. Of course, I want the Patriots offense to walk all over him this weekend but I have to say it was quite shocking to hear what he had to say. 

Anything that I've done, I don't celebrate with that," Pollard told Ian Rapoport of NFL.com. "I don't laugh when people come up to me and call me 'The Brady Killer.' I don't laugh at that. I'm looking at a man that I respect. I respect Tom Brady with everything that I have. ... When it's all said and done, that man had to do the treatment, he had to everything else to come back. Nothing is done maliciously."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Re: Interview with Bernard Pollard

how about wrapping up Gronk's leg.........?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

seriously !!!!!!!!!!  FUG HIM 1000 TIMES A DAY WITH BROKEN GLASS....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

He is out this week, rib injury I believe?

Good thing too, I don't want to see this bum going anywhere near any of our offensive players. One can argue this guy cost us 2 super bowls. 2008 we were poised to make a run and I firmly believe we would have beat Pitt and then demolished the Cardinals. And ofcourse, injuring Gronk last year...F this bum.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

This guy is tough to like.  Didn't he do another interview in 09, that wasn't so nice?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Yeah, he did another interview in 09. He said he "felt sick" about being involved in both Brady and Welker's injuries.

He has never once celebrated hurting anyone.

As soon as someone lets me know a good way to tackle a 6'5, 265 lbs TE who can run and deliver a hit, I'll forward that information to the league. Does this guy work for Cirque du Soleil in the offseason? While both men were running, he was able to wrap his arms around Gronk, then swing his hips around to try and injure him? Are you serious? It's FOOTBALL, people get hurt.

I didn't like the Brady play at the time...but it wasn't illegal then. He got blocked, and tried to scramble and make a play. Brady stepped up and the rest is history.

On the Welker play, Welker blew out his knee when he cut. Ligaments can only take so much and Welker has pushed his to the limit his whole career.

The anger should be directed at the miserable scum piece of absolute sh!t fan(s) who designed, and wore shirts depicting his face and some variation of "Brady Killer" or "Pollard Fan Club". But, fans will be fans. Some more classless than others.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

OK...this Harley thing where you follow Jints around and strikethrough his response, and offer nothing has got to stop. You're hijacking threads for some infantile reason and KILLING them.

Seriously, either grow up or stop posting.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah, he did another interview in 09. He said he "felt sick" about being involved in both Brady and Welker's injuries.

As soon as someone lets me know a good way to tackle a 6'5, 265 lbs TE who can run and deliver a hit, I'll forward that information to the league. Does this guy work for Cirque du Soleil in the offseason? While both men were running, he was able to wrap his arms around Gronk, then swing his hips around to try and injure him? Are you serious? It's FOOTBALL, people get hurt.

I didn't like the Brady play at the time...but it wasn't illegal then. He got blocked, and tried to scramble and make a play. Brady stepped up and the rest is history.

On the Welker play, Welker blew out his knee when he cut. Ligaments can only take so much and Welker has pushed his to the limit his whole career.

The anger should be directed at the miserable scum piece of absolute sh!t fan(s) who designed, and wore shirts depicting his face and some variation of "Brady Killer" or "Pollard Fan Club". But, fans will be fans. Some more classless than others.

He wasn't blocked into Brady  he was chip blocked to the ground and lunged at Brady's knee full force from what I have seen over and over again. He didn't just tackle Gronk he ripped his ankle in a twisting motion and he is a bum!

[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Keep it up Harley. In place of the 'ignore' function, I've now made it my job to report every one of your obnoxious posts until, eventually...you will be purged. So, yeah, keep on giving me ammo.

That's saying something...I've never felt the need to report anything but you're truly obnoxious, and I can't think of any post where you've given any type of opinion or original thought. It's puzzling why you even post here.

At any rate, HAVE FUN!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He wasn't blocked into Brady  he was chip blocked to the ground and lunged at Brady's knee full force from what I have seen over and over again. He didn't just tackle Gronk he ripped his ankle in a twisting motion and he is a bum!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, he was chip blocked to the ground. Yes, he lunged at his legs. Also, there was a Patriot jumping on his back. And, was he supposed to take his time getting to his feet, then wrap his arms around Brady? I mean, the guy was trying to make a play. It wasn't illegal, and they changed the rule. I'd seen plenty of Pats do similar things, it just doesn't usually end up in an injury.

As for the Gronk think, we just disagree I guess. Here's the play:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-6z3TG0RFo

Pollard took a run, hit him in the chest and shoulder, slid to his hips, and did everything he could to get a BEAST of a TE down. I see NOTHING wrong with anything he did there. Pollard was visibly frustrated, and maybe he held his legs a little longer than he had to, but there was no twisting or anything that looked intentional as you alluded to. Also, the leg Pollard got up holding wasn't even the injured one.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Here's the Brady knee injury:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji3iVpsel3I

Are you going to honestly tell me you don't see Sammy Morris jumping on the guy? Pollard did the only thing he COULD do to try and get his job done. If he doesn't lunge at Brady, Morris takes him totally out of the play. It's not a DBs job to worry about guy son the other team, it's his job to get to them/stop them within the rules, which he did. Both times (all 3 actually, but nobody blames him for the Welker injury). It was frustrating to disappointing to watch, but if you're being objective, Pollard did nothing wrong.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

get a pair of knee braces on Gronk and Brady......lol

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Couldn't agree more. The guy is a football player...it's a violent game - if he was on our team we would love him. Rodney Harrison was probably a dirtier player and I loved the guy. I really have no issue with him what so ever. I've watched that tackle on Gronk three times now and I really don't think he tried to do anything but bring the guy down. He never even touched Welker and I don't even think they called a penalty on the Brady hit (although I don't remember).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Couldn't agree more. The guy is a football player...it's a violent game - if he was on our team we would love him. Rodney Harrison was probably a dirtier player and I loved the guy. I really have no issue with him what so ever. I've watched that tackle on Gronk three times now and I really don't think he tried to do anything but bring the guy down. He never even touched Welker and I don't even think they called a penalty on the Brady hit (although I don't remember).

[/QUOTE]

There was no penalty on the Brady hit. At the time, it as perfectly legal to intentionally go at a QBs knees, not that any (besides Vince on Losman) players actually do that.

Good point about Rodney, he definitely pushed things to, and often beyond the legality of the league...at a time when much more was allowed. I wonder how Harrison could survive in today's NFL. He's the most fined player in NFL history, and I have to imagine he'd have doubled that, or more. He was the king of flying into pileups and peeling off OLineman who were finishing blocks. And I loved him for it.

Of course I was as mad as anyone when Brady got hurt, seeing a QB get kneecapped is about as frustrating as anything on a football field. But it was a freak play. Pollard was lunging around the RB just as Brady stepped up. Had Brady stepped up a half a second earlier or later, he doesn't get injured in my estimation.

Bubba...that made me laugh. Then cry a little...and laugh a little more.

Jints, thanks man. I appreciate that. Too much hate flies around this board. I learned a lot when, as a diehard Sox/Pats fan, I roomed with a lifelong Yankee/Giants fan in college. Some of the best sports conversations I ever had because we saw things from opposite sides. And that was in the late 90s, early 2000s when the Sox were nothing more than a whipping boy, and the Pats were in the midst of Pete Carrol taking a Super Bowl team to one of the worst teams in the league, and then BB was quickly reversing that.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts