Interviews DURING The Season

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: Interviews DURING The Season

Cause in the event the candidate is a college coach a late interview can effect the recruiting   I agree with you this is a business and the distractions dilute the product.  I wonder how the other teams like getting their coaching staff poached. This will probably be one of the first years we get to keep ours 2 years in a row. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have a problem with this. At this point of the year, why can't people just wait to interview if currently working and in the playoffs?

I think there should be a league rule for this.

For example, a rival team might simply be using the person their interviewing to distract the rival team that is currently in the playoffs. We've seen this before, obviously, but why not just ask the permmission and then schedule it for AFTER the season?

What is the big rush?

[/QUOTE]

There used to be an anti tampering rule that a team had to grant permission to allow an interview during season. (Parcells went to Jets was a mess after where comissioner made final OK). That has all changed due to sports agents - assistant coaches have in their contracts with current teams that they can be interviewed during season for a higher position with another team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

100% agree. It should be applied to all coaches regardless of whether they're in the playoffs or not though. I don't think any coaching changes should be allowed until after the SB including terminations.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

[QUOTE]

I have a problem with this. At this point of the year, why can't people just wait to interview if currently working and in the playoffs?

For example, a rival team might simply be using the person their interviewing to distract the rival team that is currently in the playoffs. We've seen this before, obviously, but why not just ask the permmission and then schedule it for AFTER the season?

What is the big rush?

[/QUOTE]

It's not like they have to go to the interview. It's up to the coordinator or whoever to decide if he wants to do the interview.

There are a ton of moves made immediately after the season. Future's contracts, setting up an offseason program, assembling a coaching staff, etc. If a team doesn't have a head coach, it's probably going to hold off on all of these things until they do find a headcoach.

If you set up a system where they can't interview until after the playoffs are over, regardless of being in or out, then this becomes a disadvantage for teams who fire their head coaches.

While these bad teams are searching for their new coaching staff, teams with head coaches in tact will be ahead with their offseason program.

As for those who go to college, recruiting is a huge part of the job and not having a head coach in hurts a teams chances of getting that recruit.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ccsjl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

What is the big rush?

[/QUOTE]

There used to be an anti tampering rule that a team had to grant permission to allow an interview during season. (Parcells went to Jets was a mess after where comissioner made final OK). That has all changed due to sports agents - assistant coaches have in their contracts with current teams that they can be interviewed during season for a higher position with another team.

[/QUOTE]

Well, this "permission" crap is just a politically correct way of avoiding the fact that a team can tamper with you just by faking interest in the candidate.

The Seahags DC just interviewed in SD last night which means he is away from the team yesterday.

I'd be pissed.

Why not just say "thanks for yoour interest and we'll do it after the postseason"..?

[/QUOTE]

Thats Seahawks fault for accepting the terms of the contract...Its in the contract as a leverage for cash, if the coaches team doesnt want it, they pay out more cash to the coach to remove it from the contract.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

What is the big rush?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, this "permission" crap is just a politically correct way of avoiding the fact that a team can tamper with you just by faking interest in the candidate.

The Seahags DC just interviewed in SD last night which means he is away from the team yesterday.

I'd be pissed.

Why not just say "thanks for yoour interest and we'll do it after the postseason"..?

[/QUOTE]

Isn't that what McDaniels did? Except he said that he did not want to fill any vacancies.

Again, it is up to the coordinator. If he doesn't want to be a distraction, then he can tell a team that he will not do any interviews until after the postseason. If the team really wanted him, then they may be more willing to wait.

Team can ask for an interview, it's ultimately up to the person if they want to go

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

What is the big rush?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'd be pissed.

[/QUOTE]

Thats Seahawks fault for accepting the terms of the contract...Its in the contract as a leverage for cash, if the coaches team doesnt want it, they pay out more cash to the coach to remove it from the contract.

[/QUOTE]

What?

[/QUOTE]

My neighbors nephew is an NBA agent for coaches - they put clauses in contracts like this knowing that the owner and head coach wont accept it. That way they can say, for X dollars more per year we will remove that clause from the contract.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

There used to be a rule. Remember when Charlie Weis and Romeo Crennel missed out on head coaching jobs because teams were too impatient to wait until after the Super Bowl for them? Weis and Crennel were victims of the Patriot's success.

http://articles.courant.com/2004-01-27/sports/0401270486_1_parcells-and-belichick-weis-and-crennel-patriots-coach-bill-belichick

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2003/12/21/giants_eyeing_weis_crennel/

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

What is the big rush?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'd be pissed.

Why not just say "thanks for your interest and we'll do it after the postseason"..?

[/QUOTE]

why are they the "Seahags"? can't you go a day without calling someone a disparaging name-QUEENIE? or are u afraid of them and therefore need to start putting them down out of fear?