Investigation

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Re: Investigation

They need to get rid of the part time refs.  Can't work WWF during the week and then NFL on the week end

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

In response to JulesWinfield's comment:

You always seem to blame the refs when your team gets beat.  This call was close, but seemed correct to me - uncatchable ball.  The call at the end of the Jet game was clearly correct.  Maybe there's some kind of psychological reason (extreme denial?) that causes sports fans to do this, but there are a handful of very close calls in most games, and y'all are certain they all go against the Patriots.  Meanwhile, the Panthers outplayed your team, which should be what you're talking about...

Ne 28 1st downs Car 20

NE 67 play Car 54

Total yards Ne 390 Car 300

Passing Yards NE 283   Car 197

Rushing Yds NE 107 Car 103

Just out of curiosity besides the 2 Cam Newton scrambles on 3rd down for 1st downs exactly how did the Pat's get "outplayed"

The game came down to a bad coaching decison on 3rd and 1 inside the Panther 10 when Mcdaniels called for a pass instead of running which led to a FG and 2 Cam Newton Runs on 3rd down where he made great plays.

Perhaps you might want to watch the game before you making those kind of sweeping comments or perhaps you just don't understand the game of football.

Perhaps you should watch the game.  Perhaps you don't understand that those teams don't take care of the football usually lose.  Perhaps you didn't notice that the Patriots turned the ball over twice, and the Panthers none. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

All bad calls favor the home team; that's the common thread.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

You always seem to blame the refs when your team gets beat.  This call was close, but seemed correct to me - uncatchable ball.  The call at the end of the Jet game was clearly correct.  Maybe there's some kind of psychological reason (extreme denial?) that causes sports fans to do this, but there are a handful of very close calls in most games, and y'all are certain they all go against the Patriots.  Meanwhile, the Panthers outplayed your team, which should be what you're talking about...

^ Words of a biased fool.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Ne 28 1st downs Car 20

NE 67 play Car 54

Just out of curiosity besides the 2 Cam Newton scrambles on 3rd down for 1st downs exactly how did the Pat's get "outplayed"

The game came down to a bad coaching decison on 3rd and 1 inside the Panther 10 when Mcdaniels called for a pass instead of running which led to a FG and 2 Cam Newton Runs on 3rd down where he made great plays.

Perhaps you might want to watch the game before you making those kind of sweeping comments or perhaps you just don't understand the game of football.

Perhaps you should watch the game.  Perhaps you don't understand that those teams don't take care of the football usually lose.  Perhaps you didn't notice that the Patriots turned the ball over twice, and the Panthers none. 

So you are saying because ridley fumbled the panthers "outplayed" the Pat's? Wow that's some great football analysys. That's called making one  play and a mistake on ridley's part. The yardage, TOP and the flow of the game was not controlled by carolina if  anything it was even or there was an edge to NE.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

The contact seemed to rise to the point of interference or illegal contact a split second before the ball was intercepted four or five yards in front of the receivers.  At that point, there was no way Gronk could have come back and take the ball away from the interceptor without going through him.  Seriously, with his momentum going towards the back of the end-zone, I don't see how he could even have touched the defender.  True, we see plays like these get called all the time, but I don't see how the ball could have been catchable...

I can understand seeing it that way at the time the ball came into the end zone.  However, from what I saw on the replays, Gronk was angling in on his route, and his path would have intersected the path of the ball, except the defender got in front of him and quite literally pushed him off his route. Just my opinion, but I think there was a penalty there.

I also think the Panthers did what they had to for the win, and the Pats should not have been in a position where one play determined the outcome.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to AFNAV130's comment:

When is it going to start? How do you get one started? Is it not time? Think about the last several years, not just a Patriots. 

NFL creates a protective bubble around their officials.  The ramifications of a blown call can have drastic impact to a team's potential playoff opportunities.  What accountability is placed upon the officiating crew to avoid making bad calls?  How does it hurt them?  Behind closed doors is where such an answer resides and will remain there.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Close call, that's all.  If they had let the interference call stand a lot of people would have been arguing they were trying to give the game to the Pats.  The real problem is being in the situation the Pats found themselves in, having to win the game on one play.  Anything can go wrong in that situation, and there's no way to recover.

No investigation required.

Investigation required. Blatant PI, holding or IC call. Only possible question is if the ball was catchable, and it was far too egregious of a defensive hogtie for any reasonable man to assume if unimpeded that Gronk couldn't have possibly made the catch.

Obviously at least one of the officials disagrees with you. They did actually throw a flag.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Ne 28 1st downs Car 20

NE 67 play Car 54

Twice? Oh, you are including the INT at the end that should have been a PI call. LMAO@U

Learn the game troll.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to KRomine's comment:

Thanks for posting that still of Woodson in the act of hands to the QB's head. Glad you're one of the smart guys who knows that the Pats actually got screwed on that call.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Close call, that's all.  If they had let the interference call stand a lot of people would have been arguing they were trying to give the game to the Pats.  The real problem is being in the situation the Pats found themselves in, having to win the game on one play.  Anything can go wrong in that situation, and there's no way to recover.

No investigation required.

You can't call PI on an uncatachable ball which was deemed.  I believe they could have called defensive holding.  At the very least it would have given the pats 5 yards and another play.  You hate when one play becomes the focus of the game because there were at least one hundred other plays within which there were missed calls or preferential treatment, but those never get considered when a final play like this happens. 

I do seem to recall in other circumstances (not necessarily patriot related) many who say the refs should keep their whistles in their pockets and let players play. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

NFW anybody can say 100% that the ball was uncatchable.

http://images.ftw.usatoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/822649387.gif

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to TheTinMan's comment:

The contact seemed to rise to the point of interference or illegal contact a split second before the ball was intercepted four or five yards in front of the receivers.  At that point, there was no way Gronk could have come back and take the ball away from the interceptor without going through him.  Seriously, with his momentum going towards the back of the end-zone, I don't see how he could even have touched the defender.  True, we see plays like these get called all the time, but I don't see how the ball could have been catchable...

I can understand seeing it that way at the time the ball came into the end zone.  However, from what I saw on the replays, Gronk was angling in on his route, and his path would have intersected the path of the ball, except the defender got in front of him and quite literally pushed him off his route. Just my opinion, but I think there was a penalty there.

I also think the Panthers did what they had to for the win, and the Pats should not have been in a position where one play determined the outcome.

with due respect it did not appear that Gronkowski's route adjusted significantly.  the ball was thrown well short of him.  the defender went down to get the ball.  In order Gronkowski to have made that play unimpeded.  He would have had to have stopped his momentum and literally dove back to the ball before it hit the ground.  I am not saying that it couldn't have happened but it seems unlikely for a guy who weighs 270# and has momentum going in the opposite direction. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to teegee's comment:

All bad calls favor the home team; that's the common thread.

^^^

This is almost always the case.   Anyone that thinks the refs aren't influenced by the crowd noise is naive.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Nice job.

If you look at Gronk, at one point it looks like he wants to plant his right foot down to go back for the ball but cant due to offender holding him.

At the end of the day, their is a penalty on the play, a flag was thrown. An uncatchable ball to me is a ball that lands well out of bounds. This one was catchable, since a defender just feet away from intended target actually caught the ball.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Nice job.

If you look at Gronk, at one point it looks like he wants to plant his right foot down to go back for the ball but cant due to offender holding him.

At the end of the day, their is a penalty on the play, a flag was thrown. An uncatchable ball to me is a ball that lands well out of bounds. This one was catchable, since a defender just feet away from intended target actually caught the ball.

The big problem is he had some momentum toward the back and the defender corralling him simply increased that momentum so it was irreversible.

If you look at exactly where the defender starts the push Gronk is only 2-3 feet away from where the ball was picked and is actually closer to it than the defender that picked it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

here is another poster that shows up when something questionable happens....just to post how Pats fans shouldn't be upset.  Leon has popped up now too..........maybe one in the same?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

It was PI but could Gronk have got the ball without the PI is the question.  Its is very unlikely that he would have  been able to make a legit play on the ball.  Best case, imo, is that he could possibly have been able to make the defender drop the int, that's it.  Gronk should have flopped.  The refs might not have pick up the flag had he done that.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:

It was PI but could Gronk have got the ball without the PI is the question.  Its is very unlikely that he would have  been able to make a legit play on the ball.  Best case, imo, is that he could possibly have been able to make the defender drop the int, that's it.  Gronk should have flopped.  The refs might not have pick up the flag had he done that.

"Very unlikely" isn't good enough to pick up the flag.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:

I think it has to be without question to be deemed uncatchable.

When a defender who is a few feet away catches it, it cannot be uncatchable.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4080370. Show user_4080370's posts

I can't see how anyone can say this is not PI. I guess they can say it was uncatchable because Gronk was being mugged in the end zone. In that sense it was uncatchable for him. This is such an obvious call. The back official saw it all the way and threw the flag right away. Even if it was the other way around and it was the Pats that did that I would still say wow the Pats got away with a bad call. Why can't the trolls here at least admit that is was a bad call.  

Sections
Shortcuts