IRISH NUMBER ONE !!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Re: IRISH NUMBER ONE !!

Tough game for them to beat USC in LA. It's a good story but they have won some close games against weak teams. That said they've had a few impressive wins against some good teams on the road. I still say Alabama is the best team and will win it all. There are some clueless college football fans out there. Check out some of the comments on the ESPN forums. Stuff like the SEC is weak, FL State is the best team and the ACC is the toughest conference LOL.

Good luck to ND, it's nice to see them back in the mix again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Tough game for them to beat USC in LA. It's a good story but they have won some close games against weak teams. That said they've had a few impressive wins against some good teams on the road. I still say Alabama is the best team and will win it all. There are some clueless college football fans out there. Check out some of the comments on the ESPN forums. Stuff like the SEC is weak, FL State is the best team and the ACC is the toughest conference LOL.

[/QUOTE]

barkley is out. so it will be a lto easier.

nd is overrated, but what are you going to do.

congratats jints. youi and mb are huge nd fans. 

if you log into the draft thrread i wrote a lot about college football yesterday and in the past several sundays.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

well if ND beat USC in Rose Bowl it's 12-0 and a trip to the BCS Title Game

SEC is still the best conference by far (3 teams in top 5) and FL, ALA or GA will all be very worthy opponents for ND if they get there...ND has beaten everyone in front of them an there win over Stanford looks even better now after Stanford knocked off Oregon...and wins against Mich, Mich St, Stanford, USC and the demolition of Oklahoma in Norman is title game worthy to me

are they better than the big SEC teams? that is a tall order but then ND has answered all the questions so far...one step at a time though gotta beat USC on the road which is tough game

[/QUOTE]

raher than me type here fro an hour jint, why not go over to teh end of teh footabll thread and read what i wrote.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Pulling For The Bulldogs, Beat Bama.. ND over rated Will Get An Azz Whoopin Playing SEC...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I'm surprised how well Meyer has the Buckeyesplaying even though they have no bowl game to play.  

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

barkley is out. so it will be a lto easier.

nd is overrated, but what are you going to do.

congratats jints. youi and mb are huge nd fans. 

if you log into the draft thrread i wrote a lot about college football yesterday and in the past several sundays.

[/QUOTE]

i dont know if i agree with "overrated"...not after taking Oklahoma apart in Norman and Standford shuting down Oregon in Eugene makes ND's win over Stanford more impressive

btw u know how many offensive td's ND has allowed in 11 games? 8...that's unreal

[/QUOTE]

theri de is legit. and teo is something.

most in hte country who are nto nd fans do nto say notre dame beart stanford. the refs did.

the same thing happened ot save nd at pitt. who had previously lost to an fcs team, i think maaybe yongstown state. pitt went on to lsoe to unconn. they are not very good. took nd 3 overtimes and teh refs help to vanquish pitt.

nd should be made to join a conference. if thy were in one, they would haev lsot some games, even in the acc. that is the reason they stay independent.

if you have watehd the top 10 teams in the country and can view somewhat objectively, you can see nd is good, but no way they are one of the top 2. not close. $ and politics are what run the ncaa. that si why they refuse a playoff.

if i was poled today on the best team in teh country on the field (not wins and losses), which is whtat the polls are supposed to answer,  id go 1 lsu, 2 oregon, 3 bama. all pretty close. i dont think there is a team that belongs with those 3 at the moment.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to COMMIE-CONTRARIAN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I know I know...but forgive my indulgence. As a huge Golden Domer fan it's been sooooo long and I have to shout for joy from the rooftops! Besides it's still football related 

and there ARE a lot of Irish in Boston after all  :  )

[/QUOTE]

hey jints.. great post. i actually LOVEEEEEE the irish. same way i respect duke. not necessarily my #1 team (would prefer the north carolina college teams) but #1 amongst the elite teams. so goood to see them on top. just 2 weeks ago, everyone was saying how impossible it was for them to win the BCS this year with the powerhouse bama, kansas state  and even oregon ahead of them. now its like the gawds are onboard for them to get it all.. brian kelly is on his way to legend status. everyone said he was too intense and coldnt recruit elite enough guys to ever compete again. his genius was focusing on the DEFENSE! the offense is still kinda average at the skilled areas but the 0-line and the front seven are out of this way. love the strategy. plays towards the parts he can do best rather than to the koolaid choir as to what the only way is!

[/QUOTE]

agree with the 2nd half of your paragraph. exaclty what i was afraid of when they hire kelly. he is building a formidable team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Hey cool, as a huge frontrunner you must really be excited.  You can go put your Alabama gear away and go get your Notre dame stuff out to pretend you've always been a fan.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

yyy

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm surprised how well Meyer has the Buckeyesplaying even though they have no bowl game to play.  

[/QUOTE]

meyer is bigtime if youve been watching 10 years.

he can recruit and run a team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Jints, FINALLY we agree on something!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Fighting Irish Forever!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Would love to see a BCS Alabama/ND game and so would the network that covers the game. IMO huge ratings because of two iconic college teams. ND's defense is totally legit. Would be a great game. Kelly has done a great job for the Irish.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Go Blue!

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts