Irresistible Force Tebow Pushes NFL Around by JIM LITKE AP Sports Columnist

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

Irresistible Force Tebow Pushes NFL Around by JIM LITKE AP Sports Columnist

Full story:

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/column-irresistible-force-tebow-pushes-nfl-15142267

Tim Tebow
    Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow (15) reacts after kicker Matt Prater (5) kicked a 51-yard field goal to win the game in overtime over the Chicago Bears in an NFL football game, Sunday, Dec. 11, 2011, in Denver. The Broncos won 13-10. (AP Photo/Jack Dempsey)

RHETORICAL QUESTION #2:
    Why is this such a foreign and profoundly annoying statement to non-Christians?

"If you believe," he said after the Chicago win, "then unbelievable things can sometimes be possible."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Re: Irresistible Force Tebow Pushes NFL Around by JIM LITKE AP Sports Columnist

He only plays football.  You set him up.  And when God gets tied into this guy's success, what happens when this guy fails?  I dont have a problem with Tebow, I have a problem with YOU.  YOU make this into some big religious thing, like God needs Tim Tebow to get the message out there.  Or you, for that matter.  If you think god needs to be put out there so much, go join the salvation army, or even post HERE about salvation, but stop this foolishness.  I personally just believe you are some troll who's using this to irritate people.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Because you keep shoving it down our throats. And, this is coming from a Catholic

What's funny is that BJGE is just as religious as Tebow and holds prayers before games, kneels, and prays after games. No one seems to care. Why? because ESPN and other stations don't play it 5 times a hour as religious zealots continual make post after post and comment after comment about it.

People have no issue with Tebow it's people like you proclaiming him as the next coming and shoving his religious views in our faces that we find annoying

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

In Response to Re: Irresistible Force Tebow Pushes NFL Around by JIM LITKE AP Sports Columnist:
    [QUOTE]Because you keep shoving it down our throats. And, this is coming from a Catholic What's funny is that BJGE is just as religious as Tebow and holds prayers before games, kneels, and prays after games. No one seems to care. Why? because ESPN and other stations don't play it 5 times a hour as religious zealots continual make post after post and comment after comment about it. People have no issue with Tebow it's people like you proclaiming him as the next coming and shoving his religious views in our faces that we find annoying
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE

Overreacting a bit catholic?
    Tebow isn't "religious" and doesn't have "religious" views like many catholics; he is a follower of Christ.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Re: Irresistible Force Tebow Pushes NFL Around by JIM LITKE AP Sports Columnist:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irresistible Force Tebow Pushes NFL Around by JIM LITKE AP Sports Columnist : [QUOTE]Because you keep shoving it down our throats . And, this is coming from a Catholic What's funny is that BJGE is just as religious as Tebow and holds prayers before games, kneels, and prays after games. No one seems to care. Why? because ESPN and other stations don't play it 5 times a hour as religious zealots continual make post after post and comment after comment about it. People have no issue with Tebow it's people like you proclaiming him as the next coming and shoving his religious views in our faces that we find annoying Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE Overreacting a bit catholic? Tebow isn't "religious" and doesn't have "religious" views like many catholics; he is a follower of Christ.
    Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]

No, he is religious. If he were simply a follower of Christ, as you say, he would actually follow Christ when He says,"

"But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly."

Tebow loves to openly display his religion, which is why his eyeblack at Florida contained scriptural passages.

Matthew 6:6

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Overreacting a bit catholic? Tebow isn't "religious" and doesn't have "religious" views like many catholics; he is a follower of Christ.

We aren't talking about him.  We are talking about YOU.  Are YOU a follower of Christ?  If you are, aren't you more concerned with peoples eternal salvation than shoving some football player in their face until they are mad?  Is that what Jesus did?  Nope.  So, I don't know who you are, BUT if you are a christian, and just want Gods will to be done, I'm pretty sure you aren't helping.  Your actions indicate you just like starting fights.  So this is the last time I'm going to talk to you like you really believe what you are saying, and not just trolling.  Oh, and nice of you to decide what the catholic guys believe.  I guess YOU already decided none of them are going to heaven, right?  Hey, I'm a Mennonite, are you going to let ME in? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irresistible Force Tebow Pushes NFL Around by JIM LITKE AP Sports Columnist : No, he is religious. If he were simply a follower of Christ, as you say, he would actually follow Christ when He says," " But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly ." Tebow loves to openly display his religion, which is why his eyeblack at Florida contained scriptural passages. Matthew 6:6 Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4[/QUOTE]

Are you indeed a follower?

Was our Lord not berated by the "religious" of the times for sacrilege? For healing on the sabbath among other things? For "compromising" their "religion"...? Yet you feel compelled to judge a follower? Careful now...

Be careful to not quote the word without using it within context.
    I'll not quote the word to justify what Tebow does.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Man, Jim Plunket could and he had three or four come from behind winning streaks. The Pats let him go, and he went on to win MVP and super bowls with the Raiders. 

Why do I bring this up? In the NFL freakish things happen, and right now Tebow is on a freakish streak fun as heck to watch. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]Overreacting a bit catholic? Tebow isn't "religious" and doesn't have "religious" views like many catholics; he is a follower of Christ. Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE] We aren't talking about him.  We are talking about YOU.  Are YOU a follower of Christ?  If you are, aren't you more concerned with peoples eternal salvation than shoving some football player in their face until they are mad?  Is that what Jesus did?  Nope.  So, I don't know who you are, BUT if you are a christian, and just want Gods will to be done, I'm pretty sure you aren't helping.  Your actions indicate you just like starting fights.  So this is the last time I'm going to talk to you like you really believe what you are saying, and not just trolling.  Oh, and nice of you to decide what the catholic guys believe.  I guess YOU already decided none of them are going to heaven, right?  Hey, I'm a Mennonite, are you going to let ME in? 
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

Thank you Dave. Couldn't say it any better. It's hard to comprehend he didn't understand I meant him and not Tebow

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irresistible Force Tebow Pushes NFL Around by JIM LITKE AP Sports Columnist : Are you indeed a follower? Was our Lord not berated by the "religious" of the times for sacrilege? For healing on the sabbath among other things? For "compromising" their "religion"...? Yet you feel compelled to judge a follower? Careful now... Be careful to not quote the word without using it within context. I'll not quote the word to justify what Tebow does.

You are the one setting Tebow up "in high places".  So it is YOU who are to blame.  You being a follower of Christ has about the same impact here as the Westboro Baptist Church people being "followers".  I dont remember "neener, neener neener"  in the beatitudes.  So what YOU should do is stop posting about this.  YOU are doing something wrong here.  YOU are holding up God for scorn.  YOU are being a bad example.  YOU are not showing the light you are supposed to not hide under a bushel basket.  YOU are not being a city on a hill.  YOU.  YOU YOU.  YOU. YOU.  YOU.  In case you can't read, we have a problem with

YOU

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irresistible Force Tebow Pushes NFL Around by JIM LITKE AP Sports Columnist : We aren't talking about him.  We are talking about YOU.  Are YOU a follower of Christ?  If you are, aren't you more concerned with peoples eternal salvation than shoving some football player in their face until they are mad?  Is that what Jesus did?  Nope.  So, I don't know who you are, BUT if you are a christian, and just want Gods will to be done, I'm pretty sure you aren't helping.  Your actions indicate you just like starting fights.  So this is the last time I'm going to talk to you like you really believe what you are saying, and not just trolling.  Oh, and nice of you to decide what the catholic guys believe.  I guess YOU already decided none of them are going to heaven, right?  Hey, I'm a Mennonite, are you going to let ME in?  Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE] Thank you Dave. Couldn't say it any better. It's hard to comprehend he didn't understand I meant him and not Tebow
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

Believe what you will. I post here as an OP to present information and options. If you feel it is in your face or anyone else's? That is your issue and their issue. Not mine. We are told clearly (even Mennonites and Catholics) that the Word will be taken as offense.

“Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn “‘a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law— a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household."

Do not be confused, people WILL choose when given the decision to follow or not.

He went on to say, “This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled them.”

From this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him. “You do not want to leave too, do you?” Jesus asked the Twelve. Simon Peter answered him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life."

Tebow and others give people the opportunity to choose their place just as the son did.

"As it is, there are many parts, but one body. The eye cannot say to the hand, “I don’t need you!” And the head cannot say to the feet, “I don’t need you!” On the contrary, those parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable..."

We all have a function within the body...what is your's? I know mine...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irresistible Force Tebow Pushes NFL Around by JIM LITKE AP Sports Columnist : Thank you Dave. Couldn't say it any better. It's hard to comprehend he didn't understand I meant him and not Tebow Posted by PatsEng [/QUOTE] Believe what you will. I post here as an OP to present information and options. If you feel it is in your face or anyone else's? That is your issue and their issue. Not mine. We are told clearly (even Mennonites and Catholics) that the Word will be taken as offense.  “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn “‘a man against his father,   a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—   a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household." Do not be confused, people WILL choose when given the decision to follow or not. He went on to say, “This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled them.”  From this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him. “You do not want to leave too, do you?” Jesus asked the Twelve. Simon Peter answered him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life." Tebow and others give people the opportunity to choose their place just as the son did. "As it is, there are many parts, but one body. The eye cannot say to the hand, “I don’t need you!” And the head cannot say to the feet, “I don’t need you!” On the contrary, those parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable..." We all have a function within the body...what is your's? I know mine...

Yes, it's OBVIOUS you are the @s$hole.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Oregon---I am sure you read this already....

Proverbs 6:16-20

New International Version (NIV)

16 There are six things the LORD hates, 
       seven that are detestable to him:

17 haughty eyes, 
          a lying tongue, 
          hands that shed innocent blood, 
        18 a heart that devises wicked schemes, 
          feet that are quick to rush into evil, 
        19 a false witness who pours out lies 
          and a person who stirs up conflict in the community.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Oregon---I am sure you read this already....

Proverbs 6:16-20

New International Version (NIV)

16 There are six things the LORD hates, 
       seven that are detestable to him:

17 haughty eyes, 
          a lying tongue, 
          hands that shed innocent blood, 
        18 a heart that devises wicked schemes, 
          feet that are quick to rush into evil, 
        19 a false witness who pours out lies 
          and a person who stirs up conflict in the community.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gwomlo. Show gwomlo's posts

It's the Media that stirs up unrest in the community. The Media despises Christians and almost always trys to potrey them in the worst light possible. They love polarization and they usually justify abberant behavior.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

he just said if you believe sometimes unbelievable things can sometimes happen. he didn't say if you believe in god. just that you believe you can do it. perhaps through the grace of god, but he did not say if you believe in god, unbelievable things can sometimes happen.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]It's the Media that stirs up unrest in the community. The Media despises Christians and almost always trys to potrey them in the worst light possible. They love polarization and they usually justify abberant behavior.
    Posted by gwomlo[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure almost everyone in the media loves Tebow and very few hate him, but most of the sports bobble heads are praising his lifestyle so not sure where you get that idea.

Unless western is a member of the media it is him coming into this community and causing the unrest with post after post about how people should live there lives.

There are plenty of verses in the bible about spreading the word by being an example to live by but as far as I know there are none that say to forcible push religious views on others.

BTW the Tebow love that some possess is very similar to ideal worship and cult like behavior, don't you think? I even heard one pastor say that you couldn't say anything bad about Tebow because he was akin to Jesus so saying something bad about Tebow is like saying something bad about Jesus. Would you consider that false ideal worship? I know I would.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Irresistible Force Tebow Pushes NFL Around by JIM LITKE AP Sports Columnist:
    [QUOTE]Full story: http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/column-irresistible-force-tebow-pushes-nfl-15142267 Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow (15) reacts after kicker Matt Prater (5) kicked a 51-yard field goal to win the game in overtime over the Chicago Bears in an NFL football game, Sunday, Dec. 11, 2011, in Denver. The Broncos won 13-10. (AP Photo/Jack Dempsey) RHETORICAL QUESTION #2: Why is this such a foreign and profoundly annoying statement to non-Christians? "If you believe," he said after the Chicago win, "then unbelievable things can sometimes be possible."
    There is the key to his statement..   "..CAN SOMETIMES...".  He appears to understand not all things will go well and places his faith that most time things will go well.  Right now, the Broncos, as a TEAM, is doing extremely well..  it also helps when a team hands them a win like the Bears did with their brain f*rts late in that game.  I do not expect the Pats to hand them a win at all.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irresistible Force Tebow Pushes NFL Around by JIM LITKE AP Sports Columnist : Thank you Dave. Couldn't say it any better. It's hard to comprehend he didn't understand I meant him and not Tebow Posted by PatsEng [/QUOTE] Believe what you will. I post here as an OP to present information and options. If you feel it is in your face or anyone else's? That is your issue and their issue. Not mine. We are told clearly (even Mennonites and Catholics) that the Word will be taken as offense.  “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn “‘a man against his father,   a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—   a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household." Do not be confused, people WILL choose when given the decision to follow or not. He went on to say, “This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled them.”  From this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him. “You do not want to leave too, do you?” Jesus asked the Twelve. Simon Peter answered him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life." Tebow and others give people the opportunity to choose their place just as the son did. "As it is, there are many parts, but one body. The eye cannot say to the hand, “I don’t need you!” And the head cannot say to the feet, “I don’t need you!” On the contrary, those parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable..." We all have a function within the body...what is your's? I know mine...

I'll take my chances with God when I die. I live a good lifestyle and I help others when I can. The one thing I don't do is ideal worship like you do with Tebow.

When my day comes I will proudly stand in front of my maker and say I tried to leave the world a better place then when I came in and I hope those who knew me were better off for knowing me. What I won't say is that I caused unrest and turmoil with my fellow man because their views didn't match my ideal. We were given a great gift, freedom of will. Trying to force your view and will on others is disgracing Gods gift to all of us.

If I was part of the body I'd be the right thumb because I enjoy and celebrate Gods gift and only begrudge others who create conflict trying to deny my fellow man their free will.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]
    I'll take my chances with God when I die.

I live a good lifestyle and I help others when I can

When my day comes I will proudly stand in front of my maker and say I tried to leave the world a better place then when I came in and I hope those who knew me were better off for knowing me. 

We were given a great gift, freedom of will.

Trite statements commonly made by men of all walks.

1. Why take "chances" when there is a sure thing?

2. You're not the first to say, "I live a good lifestyle and I help others when I can."  I am neither justified nor condemned by anything I do. You must be a self-justified believer then...

3. When your "day comes" (whatever that means) you, "...will proudly stand in front of my maker and," saying, "I tried to leave the world a better place ..." How's that going so far for you?

4. "We were given a great gift..." You may see "free will" as a "great" gift. So be it, I do not. The "great" gift we were given was the Good Shepherd.

I'd love to have a conversation offline as I post here to bring good news and information to both the believer and the non-believer. An American football forum is as good of a place as any to see the Word proclaimed. Right? If you feel it is in your face? That's your issue, not mine. If you feel bludgeoned or offended by what I write or by what Tim Tebow does? That's your issue too. Peace...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

And this is why you go on ignore because you don't even know what you are preaching. In the bible it says the words god's gift free will. It specifically mentions god's gift of free will (the reason why some angles were jealous of man and separated from God's will). If you don't want to believe in free will as a gift that's fine but when God asks what you did with his gift and you're reply back was to force people to his will I don't think he's going to look to kindly on it.

Goodbye and good luck but you need to re-read your bible

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Matt Moore, Carson Palmer (1st game in over a year), Matt Cassel/Tyler Palko (who is worse?), Mark Sanchez, Phil Rivers (SD missed 2 GW FG's), Christian Ponder(No AP, 2 win Vikes), Caleb Hanie (Lost to Palko... AT HOME!).  There is maybe 1 play-off team in there. 

The Tebow led Bronco's offense has averaged 15 points a game, which is including 3 overtimes, that is not good.  You don't win many games with 15 points unless you have a great defense.  No one tells me how great Joe Flacco is when the Ravens win 16-6. 

Many, many, many marginal NFL QB's have led to teams to division titles.  Jason Campbell, Danny Kannell, Jim Miller, Matt Cassell, etc...  This is a nice story for Bronco and Tebow fans but let's keep the legend of Tebow in perspective here, it is 2 months against 7 if not 8 non play-off teams. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]And this is why you go on ignore because you don't even know what you are preaching. In the bible it says the words god's gift free will. It specifically mentions god's gift of free will (the reason why some angles were jealous of man and separated from God's will). If you don't want to believe in free will as a gift that's fine but when God asks what you did with his gift and you're reply back was to force people to his will I don't think he's going to look to kindly on it. Goodbye and good luck but you need to re-read your bible

Believe what you will.

Respond as you will.

Ignored as I am.

The great gift God gives in NOT free will. It IS the good shepherd and lamb of God.