Irsay Frustrated with Manning

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

Re: Irsay Frustrated with Manning

In Response to Re: Irsay Frustrated with Manning:
    [QUOTE]What contexts?  1)The afc south has won more games than any other division in the AFC since its inception.  2) The afc south has won more games against opponents outside its division than any other division in the AFC.  3) The afc south has sent more teams to the playoffs since its inception than any other division in the AFC.  4) The Texans - the south's bottom dweller, has had more 500 or better seasons than the east's bottom dweller, the bills.  The bills haven't been to the playoffs since 99.  5) The Texans have more 500 or better seasons since its inception than the Browns.  The browns went to the playoffs in the Texans first season (02) but not since.  6) the Texans have more .500 or better seasons since its inception than the Raiders.  The raiders went to the playoffs in the Texans first season (02) but not since.  Conclusion - As a competitive division, from top to bottom, none has been better since 02 than the AFC south.  Your arguement focuses only on 2 teams in the AFC North, and yes they are good, but they are only half the division.  We are talking about the entire division.  Talk about leaving out contexts.  You are the king, russ.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Could we have some absolute numbers?  I have a feeling that the AFC South lead in all these categories is minuscule (e.g., the AFC South has won two more games than any other division).  Otherwise, you would be providing them. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I am not looking for them. You don't know how to spell words you use.  If it was a one-off typo where you can tell someone fat fingered a key, cool.

But, it's highly laughable someone thinks they can talk down to me, when they get even spell correctly.

Read even half the books I have in my life and maybe you can make it some day, Undies.

That's not a typo, either. That's a word people, who don't usually read books, spell incorrectly quite often.

I will not answer such a stupid question.  The strength of the AFC N is better than that of the AFC South.

Period.

Last 10 years:

AFCN
    AFCS/AFCE
    AFCW

Pitt has been to 3 SBs and Baltimore 1.  Each has been to multiple AFC title games.

Can't say the same with Tenn or Jax as an option out of the AFC South, can you?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

It's fluctuated. The South and East are close. 

The South was doing well in the mid 00's, but then a team like the Jets turned around and qualified two years in a row.

While, Ten and Jax, are also notoroious for making it one year and then regressing the next. They've done this pretty much off and on now for the last 5 years.

In 2009, Miami made the playoffs where they hadn't in some time.

Earlier in the decade, Buffalo was a playoff team.   Since the middle part, they clearly haven't been, but Houston has never made it in.

Right now, if the Jets keep qualifying, the East is stronger than the South.

Only Underpants would tell us the AFC S is clearly above the best division, the AFCN.

lol

Overall ranking, generally speaking, in the last 5 years:

1. NFCE
    2. AFCN
    3. NFCN
    4. NFCS
    5. AFCE
    6. AFCS
    7. AFCW
    8. NFCW

NFCN and NFCS are interchangebale, just as you could argue AFCE and AFCS are interchangeable.

Summary:  Underpants is a major homer.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irsay Frustrated with Manning : I think its kind of a moot point anyways considering only 1 team in each division has had postseason success up until the Jets recently. How many games have Jacksonville and Tennessee won in the playoffs? They seem to go one and done every year. The Patriots have eliminated an AFC South team 5 times since 2000 and lost once. The Colts have defeated an AFC East team 1 time and lost 5. Miami in 2000, thrashed by Jets in 2001, Pats in 03 and 04 and Jets last year. AFC East has OWNED the AFC South in the postseason the past 10+ years Dogg
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]

CapnZ - Russ made the following initial statement

Traditionally, the AFC South is a weak division.  Houston has never made the playoffs.  Jax and Tenn seem to be incredibly inconsistent taking turns every year who makes it.  It's rated behind the AFCN and AFC E, only beating out the AFCW.  It's true.

Russ' comments weren't about success in the playoffs but making the playoffs.  In his language this was his premise/his context.  And within those guidelines, the AFC South has sent more teams to the playoffs since its inception (02) than any other AFC division.  That does not make it weak, but rather (in Russ' context) the strongest. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irsay Frustrated with Manning : I think its kind of a moot point anyways considering only 1 team in each division has had postseason success up until the Jets recently. How many games have Jacksonville and Tennessee won in the playoffs? They seem to go one and done every year. The Patriots have eliminated an AFC South team 5 times since 2000 and lost once. The Colts have defeated an AFC East team 1 time and lost 5. Miami in 2000, thrashed by Jets in 2001, Pats in 03 and 04 and Jets last year. AFC East has OWNED the AFC South in the postseason the past 10+ years Dogg
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]

One other note, the AFC South and the Houston Texans did not exist in 2000 or 2001. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Not really. The AFC South has benefitted from the AFC W not sending a Wild Card.

As has the AFC E with the Jets or the Dolphins winning the division in 2008.

But, the AFCN, the best of the AFC divisions in the last 10 years with Pitt and Balt consistently finding ways in, takes up 2 spots almost every year.

How has the AFC S sent "more teams" to the playoff in the last 10 years, when Buffalo has made it and Houston has not?

lol

It's Undie logic, everyone!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irsay Frustrated with Manning : One other note, the AFC South and the Houston Texans did not exist in 2000 or 2001. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Right. Last 10 seasons.

2001-2010.

Get it?  That one year won't help your argument.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irsay Frustrated with Manning : CapnZ - Russ made the following initial statement Traditionally, the AFC South is a weak division.  Houston has never made the playoffs.  Jax and Tenn seem to be incredibly inconsistent taking turns every year who makes it.  It's rated behind the AFCN and AFC E, only beating out the AFCW.  It's true. Russ' comments weren't about success in the playoffs but making the playoffs.  In his language this was his premise/his context.  And within those guidelines, the AFC South has sent more teams to the playoffs since its inception (02) than any other AFC division.  That does not make it weak, but rather (in Russ' context) the strongest. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Premise and context don't mean the same thing.

Please learn.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

[QUOTE]I am not looking for them. You don't know how to spell words you use.  If it was a one-off typo where you can tell someone fat fingered a key, cool. But, it's highly laughable someone thinks they can talk down to me, when they get even spell correctly. Read even half the books I have in my life and maybe you can make it some day, Undies. That's not a typo, either. That's a word people, who don't usually read books, spell incorrectly quite often. I will not answer such a stupid question.  The strength of the AFC N is better than that of the AFC South. Period. Last 10 years: AFCN AFCS/AFCE AFCW Pitt has been to 3 SBs and Baltimore 1.  Each has been to multiple AFC title games. Can't say the same with Tenn or Jax as an option out of the AFC South, can you?
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

Did you fat finger the incorrect comma after "But"?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]I am not looking for them. You don't know how to spell words you use.  If it was a one-off typo where you can tell someone fat fingered a key, cool. But, it's highly laughable someone thinks they can talk down to me, when they get even spell correctly. Read even half the books I have in my life and maybe you can make it some day, Undies. That's not a typo, either. That's a word people, who don't usually read books, spell incorrectly quite often. I will not answer such a stupid question.  The strength of the AFC N is better than that of the AFC South. Period. Last 10 years: AFCN AFCS/AFCE AFCW Pitt has been to 3 SBs and Baltimore 1.  Each has been to multiple AFC title games. Can't say the same with Tenn or Jax as an option out of the AFC South, can you?
    And it even more laughable when you call me out for spelling errors when you can't even put appropriate words in a sentence in order for it to make sense.  This is exactly what I meant.  I don't see the purpose in calling you out for your errors which are frequent, but if you are going to press me, I'd recommend a better effort from you or more education if you don't see your problem.  Spell check doesn't correct improperly worded sentences. 

Now back to the real issue - You won't answer a question, because you know the correct answer proves wrong your argument (happie with the speling?).

Your original statement had nothing to do with how many teams from each division made the superbowl or AFCCG.  It was only about making the playoffs.  Here it is:

Traditionally, the AFC South is a weak division.  Houston has never made the playoffs.  Jax and Tenn seem to be incredibly inconsistent taking turns every year who makes it.  It's rated behind the AFCN and AFC E, only beating out the AFCW.  It's true. 

You are attempting to inject new (unrelated) criteria to validate your original statement.  What you need to do is admit that your original statement based on your premise of reaching the playoffs is incorrect.  If you wish, then, to have a different argument (lyk the speling?) discussing the strength of divisions based on postseason success, that's fine. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]It's fluctuated. The South and East are close.  The South was doing well in the mid 00's, but then a team like the Jets turned around and qualified two years in a row. While, Ten and Jax, are also notoroious for making it one year and then regressing the next. They've done this pretty much off and on now for the last 5 years. In 2009, Miami made the playoffs where they hadn't in some time. Earlier in the decade, Buffalo was a playoff team.   Since the middle part, they clearly haven't been, but Houston has never made it in. Right now, if the Jets keep qualifying, the East is stronger than the South. Only Underpants would tell us the AFC S is clearly above the best division, the AFCN. lol Overall ranking, generally speaking, in the last 5 years: 1. NFCE 2. AFCN 3. NFCN 4. NFCS 5. AFCE 6. AFCS 7. AFCW 8. NFCW NFCN and NFCS are interchangebale, just as you could argue AFCE and AFCS are interchangeable. Summary:  Underpants is a major homer.
    Buffalo hasn't been to the playoffs since 99.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irsay Frustrated with Manning : And it even more laughable when you call me out for spelling errors when you can't even put appropriate words in a sentence in order for it to make sense.  This is exactly what I meant.  I don't see the purpose in calling you out for your errors which are frequent, but if you are going to press me, I'd recommend a better effort from you or more education if you don't see your problem.  Spell check doesn't correct improperly worded sentences.  Now back to the real issue - You won't answer a question, because you know the correct answer proves wrong your argument (happie with the speling?). Your original statement had nothing to do with how many teams from each division made the superbowl or AFCCG.  It was only about making the playoffs.  Here it is: Traditionally, the AFC South is a weak division.  Houston has never made the playoffs.  Jax and Tenn seem to be incredibly inconsistent taking turns every year who makes it.  It's rated behind the AFCN and AFC E, only beating out the AFCW.  It's true.  You are attempting to inject new (unrelated) criteria to validate your original statement.  What you need to do is admit that your original statement based on your premise of reaching the playoffs is incorrect.  If you wish, then, to have a different argument (lyk the speling?) discussing the strength of divisions based on postseason success, that's fine. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Like I said, a typo is a typo.

Spelling the word incorrectly over and over is not.  What I did was a typo.

Pretty simple stuff here. I don't proof read what I write.

You don't know how to spell a 3rd grade word. lol

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]Not really. The AFC South has benefitted from the AFC W not sending a Wild Card. As has the AFC E with the Jets or the Dolphins winning the division in 2008. But, the AFCN, the best of the AFC divisions in the last 10 years with Pitt and Balt consistently finding ways in, takes up 2 spots almost every year. How has the AFC S sent "more teams" to the playoff in the last 10 years, when Buffalo has made it and Houston has not? lol It's Undie logic, everyone!

The afc south has benefitted by beating teams outside their division more frequently than any other division in the AFC since its inception.  Thus, they have put more teams into the playoffs than any other divsion since its inception. 

Their benefit is due to their own success.  It has nothing to do with the west not sending teams.  The playoffs aren't an invitational.  And the south doesn't have some unique schedule that allows them to play the weaker west more frequently.  Division vs. Division play rotates annually. 

As for the # of teams that have made the playoffs Rusty, look it up.  I did.  AFC South has sent teams 15 times.  North 14, East - 13, West 12 - Buffalo hasn't made the playoffs since 99.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irsay Frustrated with Manning : You're looking at this all wrong.  When rusty pinkhat becomes the spelling police, it's means that you bashed him and he is retreating.  So, congrats even though taking advantage of the mentally challenged is not very PC.
    Posted by PhatRex[/QUOTE]

Spelling police?

I am pretty sure some backwoods rube who lives here daily looking for attention lecturing Pats fans, while unable to spell correctly, is beyond ironic.

I mean, you two can't spell the word "argument" yet?

Really?

Really?

If you can't spell that, what else can't you spell?  Again, highly comical to pretend you've got something of credence to say when you can't get beyond the 2nd grade spelling bee.

lol

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irsay Frustrated with Manning : Right. Last 10 seasons. 2001-2010. Get it?  That one year won't help your argument.

2002 - but I won't call you out for both incorrect word usage in sentences and incorrect facts.  That's called piling on. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irsay Frustrated with Manning : Premise and context don't mean the same thing. Please learn.

I never said they did.  Go home and get some rest, Russ.  You need it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irsay Frustrated with Manning : You're looking at this all wrong.  When rusty pinkhat becomes the spelling police, it's means that you bashed him and he is retreating.  So, congrats even though taking advantage of the mentally challenged is not very PC.
    Posted by PhatRex[/QUOTE]

I do feel bad.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irsay Frustrated with Manning : Buffalo hasn't been to the playoffs since 99.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Ok. And Houston has never made it.

What is your point here? Keep in mind, everyone here agrees that the AFCN is stronger than the AFCS.

Not one person has come into to defend you.

This is how much of a homer you are and how bad it is you need a pat on the head from a Pats fan.

It's beyond incredible what a goober you are. 

You and Phat Rex are the same person with different underoos on. Why don't you two get together?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irsay Frustrated with Manning : Like I said, a typo is a typo. Spelling the word incorrectly over and over is not.  What I did was a typo. Pretty simple stuff here. I don't proof read what I write. You don't know how to spell a 3rd grade word. lol

A typo is accidentally misspelling HAT with HST (close keys).  Getting a word altogther wrong is something entirely different.  You might want to get an EEG. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irsay Frustrated with Manning : Spelling police? I am pretty sure some backwoods rube who lives here daily looking for attention lecturing Pats fans, while unable to spell correctly, is beyond ironic. I mean, you two can't spell the word "argument" yet? Really? Really? If you can't spell that, what else can't you spell?  Again, highly comical to pretend you've got something of credence to say when you can't get beyond the 2nd grade spelling bee. lol

And while, you are focusing on spelling you are getting your argumenatitive a&& handed to you.  Call it a day, Russ.  Just let someone else drive you home.  You are in no shape to be operating machinery let alone continue your failed argument (Howes that fer spelin?).

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irsay Frustrated with Manning : A typo is accidentally misspelling HAT with HST (close keys).  Getting a word altogther wrong is something entirely different.  You might want to get an EEG. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

No, not proofreading because I am not doing it, has nothing do with you truly not knowing how to spell a 3rd grade word.

FACT

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irsay Frustrated with Manning : And while, you are focusing on spelling you are getting your argumenatitive a&& handed to you.  Call it a day, Russ.  Just let someone else drive you home.  You are in no shape to be operating machinery let alone continue your failed argument (Howes that fer spelin?).
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Name one person here who agrees with you (AFCS />AFCN).

When that happens, then you have a leg to stand on. Until then, you lost.

Again.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irsay Frustrated with Manning : I never said they did.  Go home and get some rest, Russ.  You need it.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Umm, yes you did.

When using a slash like that, it's means to bring together two words that essentially mean the same thing in case someone isn't familiar with the first word.

You put a slash in between two totally different words (premise and context).

lol

You're an idiot.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Summary:

Underpants has his panties in a wad because his Coltsie division isn't ranked above the AFCN in a Pats fan's opinion.

Just who is argumentative and ruins threads on our board, Undies?

YOU

Sections
Shortcuts