Irsay Frustrated with Manning

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

Re: Irsay Frustrated with Manning

One thing to remember here is that while we think of Manning and Brady as contemporaries (which they are, basically), Manning is two years older than Brady and probably has a little less time left in his career than Brady does. So in Manning's case, he may very well be looking to break the bank to a tune even bigger than the one the Colts have proposed, because he sees the end of his career being closer than the end of Brady's. Also, Manning has never had the kind of devastating injury that Brady suffered in 2008, so that may be in the back of his mind, too (like maybe he's "due" for one, or something, so he'd better cash in now before it happens).

Either way, this deal will get done, eventually, but the fact that it's taking longer than anyone expected doesn't surprise me all that much.

It's a lot more complicated--for both sides--than his last contract negotiation, which took place when he was still in his 20s.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Irsay Frustrated with Manning:
    In Response to Re: Irsay Frustrated with Manning : Not like underdogg ever had me to begin with, but I'm curious here:  Why again, Do you count Division Strength as Regular Season Wins, then instead of Adding in Playoff Wins on top of this, you add "Playoff Appearences" instead?  So, in this cumulation, Winning The Superbowl counts the exact same as getting to The Superbowl?
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

Laz - first you'd have to ask Russ.  He set the criteria as making the playoffs.  That's the South. 

Now if I were to answer your question, I might say that playoff wins by a division could be largely made up by one team.  One dominant team a division does not make.  But that's my opinion. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

HR - your comment is worth consideration, especially the first part.  The second part, however, doesn't work.  If Manning thought he was "due" for an injury.  He would have signed during the season or more likely pressured the colts to give him a deal before the beginning of the season, like Brady. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Irsay Frustrated with Manning : Ok Dogg, lets see here... Houston and Buffalo suk, they're a wash. Indy and New England, 1 super bowls to 2 Tennessee and New York, 2 playoff wins to 6 Jacksonville and Miami, 1 playoff win to 0 I said in my previous post eliminate the 2 most successful teams and the East still has twice as many wins. How does this support your argument? Can you seriously tell me the Jaguars/Titans combo is any better than Dolphins/Jets? I don't think you can
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33

Capy - its your criteria.  If that's what you feel you need to do in order to make the statement meet your desired outcome, so be it. 

As I have stated continuously, the criteria was set by Rusty and it makes sense.  # of playoff participants.  South has the most. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Didn't you know, Z? The AFC South is the bestest!   Underpants is incredulous that someone else might think another division is on par or.......wait for it.......BETTER than the AFC South. Undies just whipped a fresh batch of tears and is using his Colts hanky to wipe his cheeks dry.
    Posted by BBReigns

Wrong - Capy has a point.  Its just a different point.  I refuted your point, then supported it with facts. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Insulting others is your only way of dealing with being such an obvious failure. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

No.  Insulting you is enjoyable because you're an annoying tool troll.
    Posted by BBReigns

No. you enjoy your insults because without them you'd be left with nothing but failure. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

capy - Rusty made a claim.  What information did Rusty use to support his claim?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

So much tension in this thread. you guys should just f*ck and get it over with LOL
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

This is exactly the kind of thing that makes popping in here occasionally during a dead lull in league activities worthwhile.

I would be very surprised if we don't see this post again during awards season next year.

Cool

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Ya know what we could do folks (and this mathematical equation is simply gonna blow some peoples's minds)?  We COULD count: Regular Season Wins AND rather than Playoff "Appearances," We could instead, count Playoff "Wins."  And check this out, and man- I might just lose some people here, 'cause this is where the equation gets REALLY complicated... And so, IF a Team finished well enough in The Regular Season in order to garner a 1st Round Bye, so as not to play in that Round 1...Ready?  We count that as: 1 win.  Huh, HUH!  Check that lil' doozy out, huh!!  I mean, not to pat myself on the back too much, but theory of relativity...?  Eat'chre heart out. 
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

I want to be the first to poke holes in this.

1. "But Laz, that makes no sense because they didn't actually win that game."

2. "But why would you compare the regular season and post season when they are odviously different."

I really can't come up with any other basic knee-jerk objections to this and they aren't even very good. I can't wait to see the explanation of a real objection though. Better than Springer.

And, I hope it is clear that I misspelled obviously for the sake of comedic intent.  It does sadden me to have to explain this ahead of time.

23. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts