Irsay Mess Becomes Much More Messier

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Irsay Mess Becomes Much More Messier

Now it's being reported that, just a few weeks prior to his arrest, a 42 year old woman was found dead after overdosing, in an apartment paid for her by Irsay...which contained numerous photos of the Colts' owner.

Questions are also being raised as to whether Irsay used his own funds, or wrote off her expenses as a business expense. Stay tuned: http://www.indystar.com/story/news/2014/04/06/colts-owner-jim-irsays-troubles-go-beyond-march-arrest/7368789/, and http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/06/irsays-situation-gets-more-complicated/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: Irsay Mess Becomes Much More Messier

Wow. I don't wish bad on the guy but this doesn't look good.  Que doody6 for the defenses argument. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

He is an absolute mess.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

He is an absolute mess.

Who knows where the police investigation will go on this. Was Irsay supplying this apparent "kept" woman with drugs? Compared to this, potential NFL and IRS problems may end up being quite minor.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jayco. Show Jayco's posts

Much more messier?!?!?

I''m sorry, but even for one who frowns on the grammar police, this is too much!

Smile

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Im the REAL KING. Show Im the REAL KING's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

He is an absolute mess.

Who knows where the police investigation will go on this. Was Irsay supplying this apparent "kept" woman with drugs? Compared to this, potential NFL and IRS problems may end up being quite minor.

Every time I see this guys picture he just seems to be the white version of, "Dirty Old Basterd".. This is not going to end well for this man! Yell

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to Im the REAL KING's comment:

He is an absolute mess.

Every time I see this guys picture he just seems to be the white version of, "Dirty Old Basterd".. This is not going to end well for this man! Yell

You just did NOT invoke the name of the "ODB"!!

LMFAO!

Early "entry of the year" post right here folks...

Where's Kelis singing the refrain when you need her!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Now it's being reported that, just a few weeks prior to his arrest, a 42 year old woman was found dead after overdosing, in an apartment paid for her by Irsay...which contained numerous photos of the Colts' owner.

Questions are also being raised as to whether Irsay used his own funds, or wrote off her expenses as a business expense. Stay tuned: http://www.indystar.com/story/news/2014/04/06/colts-owner-jim-irsays-troubles-go-beyond-march-arrest/7368789/, and http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/06/irsays-situation-gets-more-complicated/

As per my occassional self-satisfying game, I saw the thread title and asked myself - who started this thread.  I said TP.  I was right.  Cupie doll for me, please.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

Wow. I don't wish bad on the guy but this doesn't look good.  Que doody6 for the defenses argument. 

No defense argument.  The guy will get what he deserves for whatever he may have done. Any drug abused clouds ones' judgement.  Usually most (not all) law enforcement does not care about celebrity.  If that mindset prevails and Irsay is charged with any crimes beyond his substance related driving, I would hope he is prosecuted with the same unbiased mentality.  Mike Tyson didn't get any favors here.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

He is an absolute mess.

yup.  Pretty incredible how solid his team has been amidst this behavior.  There is no doubt he cares deeply about the team and its success, but if drug demons control you then usually every aspect of your life goes to isht, yet the colts have remained competitive.  

He must have been sober during his firing of Irsay and hiring of Grigson.  I am thankful for that.  

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:

In response to UD6's comment:

He is an absolute mess.

yup.  Pretty incredible how solid his team has been amidst this behavior.  There is no doubt he cares deeply about the team and its success, but if drug demons control you then usually every aspect of your life goes to isht, yet the colts have remained competitive.  

He must have been sober during his firing of Irsay and hiring of Grigson.  I am thankful for that.  

He's clearly not involved and with all the holes that Indy has right now, he probably should be in some way.

Grigson may have tapped into his stash of morphine pills when he dealt for Richardson. lol

One of the worst trades in cap era history.  Just a fleecing that will cost them for years. 1st rd picks are like gold now with the rookie cap.

Ouch.

Russ - as you display Irsay's guitar, you demonstrate that you may suffer from the exact same problems Irsay himself has.  Given that in 2011 Indy was 2-14 and turned over 70% of its roster in a house cleaning following that year went to the playoffs in a remarkable 2012 that included its coach suffering from Cancer and then dropping more players and still going to the playoffs in 2013 - you demonstrate possibly the most obvious lack of knowledge about football on this board.  

Yes the colts have holes, but only you might expect something different from them given the turnover.  For goodness sakes, you gave the pats about 4 years to reload, remember all of the excuses from 2008-2012 - and they still had Tom Brady, Wes Welker, Matt Light, Mankins, Wilfork, and Mayo among others.  

The Richardson trade may be bad, but last year was actually a free year - Only going forward does the trade really count.  And given that only about 30% of all late first round picks ever work out (proven earlier in the year), it seemed like a risk worth taking.  Further, Richardson is under a rookie contract for 2 more years and Indy is not responsible for his signing bonus.  

Thus - the only risk the colts really took was hoping he's better than a 30% chance at taking a good pick.  Financially, the deal was a slam dunk for the colts.  

Really its too bad that you are as stupid about football and its business as you are given how much you post about it.  Its a pity that you don't realize this and constantly prove what a fool you are.  I say this not to denigrate you but in hopes that one day you may actually get it and start demonstrating some self-respect by thinking before you write - and if you are not capable of that - not write at all.  Jim Irsay syndrome.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

"Doody for the Defense". According to IMDB, it was a courtroom comedy series from 1966 starring Milton Berle as the head of a law firm specializing in especially difficult cases. The title character, "Denham Doody" was played by a young Peter Faulk. A bumbling, slovenly young lawyer, he perpetually misunderstood Berle's instructions, and showed little working knowledge of the law, yet somehow always won his case just as the 30 minute program was wrapping up in a flourish of audience laughter. It ran one season on NBC before being cancelled due to poor ratings. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

He is an absolute mess.

He's clearly not involved and with all the holes that Indy has right now, he probably should be in some way.

Grigson may have tapped into his stash of morphine pills when he dealt for Richardson. lol

One of the worst trades in cap era history.  Just a fleecing that will cost them for years. 1st rd picks are like gold now with the rookie cap.

Ouch.

Russ - as you display Irsay's guitar, you demonstrate that you may suffer from the exact same problems Irsay himself has.  Given that in 2011 Indy was 2-14 and turned over 70% of its roster in a house cleaning following that year went to the playoffs in a remarkable 2012 that included its coach suffering from Cancer and then dropping more players and still going to the playoffs in 2013 - you demonstrate possibly the most obvious lack of knowledge about football on this board.  

Yes the colts have holes, but only you might expect something different from them given the turnover.  For goodness sakes, you gave the pats about 4 years to reload, remember all of the excuses from 2008-2012 - and they still had Tom Brady, Wes Welker, Matt Light, Mankins, Wilfork, and Mayo among others.  

The Richardson trade may be bad, but last year was actually a free year - Only going forward does the trade really count.  And given that only about 30% of all late first round picks ever work out (proven earlier in the year), it seemed like a risk worth taking.  Further, Richardson is under a rookie contract for 2 more years and Indy is not responsible for his signing bonus.  

Thus - the only risk the colts really took was hoping he's better than a 30% chance at taking a good pick.  Financially, the deal was a slam dunk for the colts.  

Really its too bad that you are as stupid about football and its business as you are given how much you post about it.  Its a pity that you don't realize this and constantly prove what a fool you are.  I say this not to denigrate you but in hopes that one day you may actually get it and start demonstrating some self-respect by thinking before you write - and if you are not capable of that - not write at all.  Jim Irsay syndrome.  

2008-2012?  What?  Brady wasn't around in 2008.  They went 11-5 without him. 2009 was a transition year, 2010 14-2 with a lot of younger players and 2011, same thing with a SB appearance.

YOu can't buy FAs into a lockout or out of it. If you did, your team sucks right now like the Jets. I warned of it.

So, it has nothing to do with time to "reload", it's HOW you approached rebuilding on the fly. I'd say a SB appearance since the decision to do so into the lockout in 2009 and two other AFC title games sitting right there for the taking, is pretty darn good.

The fact you're denying the Richardson trade as horrendous and being in denial of it is all the board needs to know. A knowledgable and honest fan would admit it was horrendous and move on.

You're not one of those, but your jealousy of our sports community here is Boston and NE is duly noted. I've never seen someone so much to have wanted to be born here to be a sports fan in NE/Boston like yourself.

It's quite comical.

You wish so badly you have what we have.  Get over it. You can't have it.

"Doody for the Defense" is the key. The youngest writer from the show saw it as his big break in the industry. When the show was cancelled, he became depressed, took to drink and was fired from the network for lude behavior and harassment on the set, in addition to accusing the director of black balling him with the network, whom he stalked threatening revenge. Soon after thsee unfortunate incidents, he somehow avoided criminal charges and moved to Indianapolis to live with his sister and found work as a garbage collector. In 1984, when the Colts moved to Indy, he took a job with the sanitary crew at the RCA dome where he worked until his retirement soon after the building was demolished. He spends his retirement days following the NFL and trolling on his computer.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

If I lived in Indy, I'd do drugs too.......

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Indy has been getting worse and worse since the Super Bowl was there.

Gang banging and violence is on the rise, and has spread to nearby cites like Terre Haute and 

Ft. Wayne as the bangers leave the city and move around. In fact, a co-workers son was shot 

and killed a couple years back because of a dispute that began in Indy and spread here.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

He is an absolute mess.

Ouch.

2008-2012?  What?  Brady wasn't around in 2008.  They went 11-5 without him. 2009 was a transition year, 2010 14-2 with a lot of younger players and 2011, same thing with a SB appearance.

YOu can't buy FAs into a lockout or out of it. If you did, your team sucks right now like the Jets. I warned of it.

So, it has nothing to do with time to "reload", it's HOW you approached rebuilding on the fly. I'd say a SB appearance since the decision to do so into the lockout in 2009 and two other AFC title games sitting right there for the taking, is pretty darn good.

The fact you're denying the Richardson trade as horrendous and being in denial of it is all the board needs to know. A knowledgable and honest fan would admit it was horrendous and move on.

You're not one of those, but your jealousy of our sports community here is Boston and NE is duly noted. I've never seen someone so much to have wanted to be born here to be a sports fan in NE/Boston like yourself.

It's quite comical.

You wish so badly you have what we have.  Get over it. You can't have it.

Russ - you made excuses for 4 years about the pats failures due to their retooling of the roster.  You gave "your team" plenty of time to turn itself around, but no opponent deserves the same. 

The fact that, after turning over 80% of the 2011 roster including one of the best QB's ever, the colts went to the playoffs in both subsequent years is nothing short of a miracle.  Add to it the new coach illness and what Grigson did is nothing short of remarkable. 

As for the Richardson trade - Do you deny that there is only about a 30% chance that players drafted in the last 10 spots of the first round really end up impacting teams in a special way?  I've shown that that is the case. 

Do you actually believe that giving up a 30% shot wasn't worth it for Richardson?  Especially given the team's dire circumstances at the time with their top two RB's done for the year (Brown had been relegated to 3rd string).  Financially, you cannot effectively argue against the deal.  The colts got him on his Rookie deal with 2 years left and no responsibility for his signing bonus.  He costs them next to nothing from a salary cap perspective.  Last year was a free year as they gave up nothing last year in return for his services.  He did play poorly, but his presence caused others to play better.  If he doesn't improve, the colts walk away, but he really doesn't have to start proving himself until now. 

Certainly there are plenty of pundits who have criticized the colts for the deal, and that is understandable.  But any of them with a clear mind saw the need the colts had at the time, and the cost/benefit analysis worked in their favor.   Not every deal works out.  Belichick will tell you that and I'd be happy to list many instances.  But the colts deal for Richardson was a smart one given the odds of a pick and the price for the player. 

I'll finish with this - you and others may think the colts deal was a bad one.  That Richardson, while effective, was not special his rookie year thus not deserving of giving up the pick (no one can argue the financial cost is miniscule).  So you might say the writing was on the wall.  Was there any writing on the wall about Aaron Hernandez before the team gave him a $40 mill deal with $16 mill guaranteed?  Or what about Adalius Thomas and his $35 mill contract with $20 mill guaranteed? 

Bad deals happen - and even your "vaunted" pats make them.  If Richardson plays well this year (gains 1000 yds), then the deal will be a far better one than the pats deal for the two other players mentioned.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[/QUOTE]

Russ - you made excuses for 4 years about the pats failures due to their retooling of the roster.  You gave "your team" plenty of time to turn itself around, but no opponent deserves the same. 

The fact that, after turning over 80% of the 2011 roster including one of the best QB's ever, the colts went to the playoffs in both subsequent years is nothing short of a miracle.  Add to it the new coach illness and what Grigson did is nothing short of remarkable. 

As for the Richardson trade - Do you deny that there is only about a 30% chance that players drafted in the last 10 spots of the first round really end up impacting teams in a special way?  I've shown that that is the case. 

Do you actually believe that giving up a 30% shot wasn't worth it for Richardson?  Especially given the team's dire circumstances at the time with their top two RB's done for the year (Brown had been relegated to 3rd string).  Financially, you cannot effectively argue against the deal.  The colts got him on his Rookie deal with 2 years left and no responsibility for his signing bonus.  He costs them next to nothing from a salary cap perspective.  Last year was a free year as they gave up nothing last year in return for his services.  He did play poorly, but his presence caused others to play better.  If he doesn't improve, the colts walk away, but he really doesn't have to start proving himself until now. 

Certainly there are plenty of pundits who have criticized the colts for the deal, and that is understandable.  But any of them with a clear mind saw the need the colts had at the time, and the cost/benefit analysis worked in their favor.   Not every deal works out.  Belichick will tell you that and I'd be happy to list many instances.  But the colts deal for Richardson was a smart one given the odds of a pick and the price for the player. 

I'll finish with this - you and others may think the colts deal was a bad one.  That Richardson, while effective, was not special his rookie year thus not deserving of giving up the pick (no one can argue the financial cost is miniscule).  So you might say the writing was on the wall.  Was there any writing on the wall about Aaron Hernandez before the team gave him a $40 mill deal with $16 mill guaranteed?  Or what about Adalius Thomas and his $35 mill contract with $20 mill guaranteed? 

Bad deals happen - and even your "vaunted" pats make them.  If Richardson plays well this year (gains 1000 yds), then the deal will be a far better one than the pats deal for the two other players mentioned.

[/QUOTE]

"Doody for the Defense". Great show, check it out--lots of full episodes still available on YouTube, but the show has not been released on DVD. Faulk was great, still not sure why it got cancelled. Maybe it was your writing? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

We thank you for your patronage.  The pictured company supports our local economy and sports scene when you shop in their malls. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Indy has been getting worse and worse since the Super Bowl was there.

Gang banging and violence is on the rise, and has spread to nearby cites like Terre Haute and 

Ft. Wayne as the bangers leave the city and move around. In fact, a co-workers son was shot 

and killed a couple years back because of a dispute that began in Indy and spread here.

Ah yes - so the disputes begin in the city but the violence takes place elsewhere.  Very Aaron Hernandez-like.  Does that mean Indy is becoming just like Boston? ruh roh.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

UD6,

you can only wish Indy could be boston. There is no comparison.indy doesn't have 1/10th of Boston's art, music, culture, dining, industry, sports or history. Not even a fair comparison. 

What Indy did have and I stress did, is good, family oriented people, with ethics and morals. It was breadbasket material. unfortunately that is mostly ancient history, and is instead left with a rotting city, drugged out owner, and an overrated team. So sorry.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

UD6,

you can only wish Indy could be boston. There is no comparison.indy doesn't have 1/10th of Boston's art, music, culture, dining, industry, sports or history. Not even a fair comparison. 

What Indy did have and I stress did, is good, family oriented people, with ethics and morals. It was breadbasket material. unfortunately that is mostly ancient history, and is instead left with a rotting city, drugged out owner, and an overrated team. So sorry.

LOL!!  I don't wish anything of the sort.  I love Boston for Boston - great history.  Art, culture, dining, industry - debateable on a per capita scale.  What you have is a metro area that serves about 2.5 times more people than Indy, and if we look at the CSA its about 3.5x the size of Indy.  You also have about 200 extra years of history. 

That is wonderful for visits, but we'll take our flyover locale with low taxes and family values.  The city is quite vibrant given its size which is why the NFL agreed to have possibly its best Super Bowl here.  its why the NCAA chose to move its HQ here and regularly holds its biggest championship here. 

What we have and have grown suits us just fine. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Is there something about this street scene that is notable? Could be just about anywhere.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Is there something about this street scene that is notable? Could be just about anywhere.

Really just a really weak attempt (but possibly BTS's best work to date) at message board trash talk. 

Sections
Shortcuts