Irsay Sheds Light on the Manning/Brady Controversy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Re: Irsay Sheds Light on the Manning/Brady Controversy

And when in the last 19 seasons has been inconsistent?

Am glad it was shoved in Peyton's face and how he took it

The answer to being 7/11 one and done would be we didn't have a complete team

But this will get under PMs skin and maybe in the playoffs he will think about and choke again

Because there were tears they had a complete team

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

But this will get under PMs skin and maybe in the playoffs he will think about and choke again

[/QUOTE]

One of the reasons why Manning didn't have a "complete team" is because the Colts decided to surround him with first rate talent, at the expense of their defense, during drafts. Since that strategy piled up a ton of regular season yardage and point, but only one championship that was stolen away from the Patriots in 2006, Jim Irsay understandably is seeking a "new model".  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

The irony in this is that from 2007 onward, we've been more like the Colts teams he is supposedly disappointed in than the Patriots teams he admired.  This year is a notable exception.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to bigsmellybear's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bigsmellybear's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not sure what Irsay's point was in all of this.  Took a shot at both Brady and Manning and he did this why?

[/QUOTE]

He basically handed the pats a compliment that they built a FULL team while the colts built only a partial team. 

[/QUOTE]

For an alchy and the useless rich son of a carpetbagging owner, he's pretty smart!

[/QUOTE]

Certainly hasn't diminished the value of the team in a small market.  I am a local that has found him to be quite useful.  Further he didn't choose his father nor did you yours, I suspect, so I don't know why you made that comment - maybe just to poke, I suppose. 

[/QUOTE]

Nope, I did not...nor did you or he....HOWEVER...his luck of the draw was to be the offspring of a rich and much hated man....he grew up partying and drinking to brutal excess which is clear everytime he's in public....mine was merely an accurate observation...no reason to be defensive

[/QUOTE]

And I am telling you that your observation is wrong, but being where you may be and disliking the colts may have much to do with you inaccurate observation. 

For you usefulness must be only in the eye of the beholder, which is selfish.  Yes Bob Irsay is and will always be hated by Baltimore.  You'll never hear a nice thing about him from that city.  Then again, when a city threatens to take your property by eminent domain, one's subsequent actions have to be understood. 

Bob Irsay may not have been a real pleasant man, but he brought professional football to Indianapolis and we are grateful for that.  The team through its owner has both thrived and helped the city thrive by its presence.  A Bostonian, if that's what you are, could never understand such a thing. 

Like Irsay, you were simply born with the riches of professional sports teams.  Indy, given its market, has had to work for its teams.  They are not just taken for granted.  To a Hoosier who appreciates having a team, we see the usefulness of the Irsay family.  We see that Jim Irsay has been smart enough not to let the team slide into ruin like other owners have.  '

I could go on and on about his usefulness and what his business' presence has meant to this city, but you probably get the point without needing to do so. 

Don't be duped by your own bias.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not sure what Irsay's point was in all of this.  Took a shot at both Brady and Manning and he did this why?

[/QUOTE]

He basically handed the pats a compliment that they built a FULL team while the colts built only a partial team. 

[/QUOTE]

People said for years Manning's bloated contracts hurt the rest of the team and you denied it troll. Now lie about that, like you always do.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Irsay is a such a (___). 

Sorry. He is saying something everyone knows ... but WHY say that?

Manning never did anything bad to Indy outside of failing to win championships, which isn't entirely his doing. 

Way to throw your ex-stars, and HOFers under the bus. 

[/QUOTE]
    Colts fan agrees.  I love Indy's owner for keeping the franchise here.  I love his full support of the team.  Some owners don't fully support their teams.  But the guy is not eloquent.  While his thinking may be correct, the words he uses to describe it sometimes miss the mark and they did in this instance. 

He could have easily just said - I want more rings.  When Manning was here, I did not do a good job of helping that happen. 

[/QUOTE]

Don't put words in his mouth to suite your lying agenda troll.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to seawolfxs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

One of the reasons why Manning didn't have a "complete team" is because the Colts decided to surround him with first rate talent, at the expense of their defense, during drafts. Since that strategy piled up a ton of regular season yardage and point, but only one championship that was stolen away from the Patriots in 2006, Jim Irsay understandably is seeking a "new model".  

[/QUOTE]

But the Colts D was actually better for 4 out of 10 seasond during the Brady/Manning rivalry. It wasn't nearly as one sided as Manning apologists claim.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

Bob Irsay may not have been a real pleasant man, but he brought professional football to Indianapolis and we are grateful for that. 

[/QUOTE]

Good people don't accept stolen goods, troll.

Sections
Shortcuts