Is Antonio Cromartie "Damaged Goods"?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Re: Is Antonio Cromartie "Damaged Goods"?

I just saw this.  Interesting.

I wonder how desperate the Jets were to make news... buying damaged goods like that is very risky on top of all of his off-field problems with child support and I think that team doctors would be able to pick up on something like this in a physical.

Jets still haven't sold all of their personal seat licenses...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

Another question that will be answered during the season.  Is he an upgrade over Lito Shep?  I definately think so the way he looked so far in practice.  I am more worried about Poole.  I hope we are right in that he was suffering mostly from migranes.  Regardless, we had the #1 defense last year and I think that we have added to it and upgraded at CB and Safety(if they are healthy).  We will(and you will) find out once the season starts.  That being said, go ahead and queue all the baby daddy jokes...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

yeah it is all that thrusting into different women that hurt his hip

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

If he didn't screw everything in sight, maybe his hips wouldn't hurt.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

In Response to Is Antonio Cromartie "Damaged Goods"?:
         Apparently, Cromartie has some sort of hip ailment. Coming off a stellar rookie season in 2007, Cromartie dramatically regressed due to a hip problem in 2008. Will his current hip woes vastly impact his play? Were the Jets aware of his hip condition at the time they shipped a 3rd round pick to San Diego for him?: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/28/antonio-cromartie-may-have-lingering-hip-problem/   
    Posted by TexasPat3

This is probably another reason why San Diego was trying to deal him all last season. Can't imagine a hip injury playing a football really getting much better with out some prolonged time off. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Is Antonio Cromartie "Damaged Goods"?:
         Apparently, Cromartie has some sort of hip ailment. Coming off a stellar rookie season in 2007, Cromartie dramatically regressed due to a hip problem in 2008. Will his current hip woes vastly impact his play? Were the Jets aware of his hip condition at the time they shipped a 3rd round pick to San Diego for him?: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/28/antonio-cromartie-may-have-lingering-hip-problem/   
    Posted by TexasPat3

I think Cromartie and LT are wellllll past their prime but they can add some support to the Jets. Like a lot of the backup players on the patriots who fill roles. Paying too much and thinking they are going to be your lead position guys is the mistake.

We will see how this plays out but I expects s few brilliant plays at best, but not a season to write home about.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

you should read this report before you get too excited.

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/b4K4K

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Apparently, Cromartie's hip problem is a non-issue: http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2010/06/antonio-cromarties-hip-is-a-no.html

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

In Response to Re: Is Antonio Cromartie "Damaged Goods"?:
         Apparently, Cromartie's hip problem is a non-issue: http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2010/06/antonio-cromarties-hip-is-a-no.html
    Posted by TexasPat3

I dont know why this dood has me on ignore...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Hips aren't as important for straight line speed as they are for changing directions in coverage.  You need the flexibility to twist and contort your muscles, then use them even when they're isolated awkwardly.

That's why you hear so much about defensive back prospects' hip flexibility.  They'll say that a potential defensive back looks "stiff" if he can't turn and accelerate in another direction easily (although poor awareness can also cause this problem)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

If the Cromartie and L.T. don't live up to expectations.  The Jets will be hurting with the departure of Thomas Jones.  Strong D and a running game are the keys to the Jets competing with the Pats.  As I'm not sold on Sanchez.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

I herd him mom is a German Sheppard.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

I kind of agree with the Jet implosion theory.  They have the most talent in the division by far, but they have the feel of a team that believes their own press releases.  Games aren't won on paper, and I think Miami and NE are more the type to claw out victories.  We'll see. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Still think it all comes down to the QBs in the division, where the Pats have a distinct advantage. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

Implossion is your only hope.  With Rex running the ship, I dont see that happening.  I have heard GREAT things about Cro and Holmes so far in camp.  As far as injuries, we have a #1 in Wilson waiting at CB and we have a RB that people inside the Jets say can do some good things.  Either way, you guys won the east last year so I cant be too brash but I think we take you off the block this year.  And fish fans will get payback for last year.  This is our year so look out.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics12345. Show Celtics12345's posts

I herd him mom is a German Sheppard.
    Posted by Tcal2

Shut up, you never have anything positive to say. Troll.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics12345. Show Celtics12345's posts

I honestly think his rookie season was a fluke. I don't see him living up to whatever expectations Jets fans have for him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

Rex called him the best player in offseason workouts.  That tells me something.  Where do you think Paul Pierce is going? Ray Allen?  Kobe really eff you guys up in the finals, going to be the Rondo/KG show this year?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

I kind of agree with the Jet implosion theory.  They have the most talent in the division by far, but they have the feel of a team that believes their own press releases.  Games aren't won on paper, and I think Miami and NE are more the type to claw out victories.  We'll see. 
    Posted by JulesWinfield

Do you really think that the Jets have the most talent in the AFC East by far, Jules?? Don't you think that Tom Brady vs. Mark Sanchez is a huge mismatch? Furthermore, I don't like the switch at RB from the tandem of Thomas Jones and Leon Washington, to that of Shonn Greene, and a slowed LT. LG Alan Faneca is being replaced with a physically talented, yet unproven, rookie. WR Santonio Holmes will miss the first 4 games of the season, via suspension. Jason Taylor and Antonio Cromartiie should help...but how well the Jets do will ultimately depend on the level of health, and improvement, of QB Mark Sanchez.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

No, I don't think Brady vs. Sanchez is a mismatch.  True: QBs usually take a few years to develop consistency.  But I don't think that Sanchez is very far off the Brady pace.  (At least the pace that Brady set last year.)  I would expect Brady to be the better of the two this coming year, but Sanchez looks to me like he is becoming a very good QB.  It wouldn't shock me if Sanchez elevated himself to PB status this year and outshined Brady.  ...wouldn't shock me at all.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

No, I don't think Brady vs. Sanchez is a mismatch.  True: QBs usually take a few years to develop consistency.  But I don't think that Sanchez is very far off the Brady pace.  (At least the pace that Brady set last year.)  I would expect Brady to be the better of the two this coming year, but Sanchez looks to me like he is becoming a very good QB.  It wouldn't shock me if Sanchez elevated himself to PB status this year and outshined Brady.  ...wouldn't shock me at all.
    Posted by JulesWinfield

This is pretty funny, right here.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Posted by JulesWinfield

I believe LT alone is a cancer for any team, with his me-first mentality with his whining and childish pouting act. Combine him with well-known troublemakers/ head-cases in braylon edwards and santonio holmes along with dirtbags like cromartie and they should provide huge entertainment value as they implode over the course of the season.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

In Response to Re: Is Antonio Cromartie "Damaged Goods"? : This is pretty funny, right here.
    Posted by p-mike
    ...straight up, it's a mismatch. I am hoping Sanchez improves from last year. However QB performance is also a function of the O and how it works around the QB. If Fanaca's replacement works out, the Jets O line should be able to protect Mark and give him the time to make good decisions. He showed better poise and decision making later in the year albeit with an O designed to make it "safer" for him. I expect that to change this year so he's not protected as much. We'll see. TB had problems when he was forced to throw quickly or flushed out of the pocket. Given time he can pick any D apart but unless his line improves,..?. New addition (replacement for Mankins??) is a question mark but the new TE drafted should help, unless he goes out in a pattern and the line can't hold. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

whats he gonna say he s*x and we f'd up royally??? maybe that will come out in his new book..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

Posted by JulesWinfield

huh?? very far off the pace...what a joke...so in the next five years your gonna win 3 sbs...hahahahahahahahahaha...thats pretty funny

it wouldnt shock me if he throws 20 interceptions...wouldnt shock me at all

Sections
Shortcuts