Is Anyone worried about the Steelers?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from clouts. Show clouts's posts

Re: Is Anyone worried about the Steelers?

Wallace isn't a one-trick pony anymore, or he is at least getting away from that.  You are reading old news there.  His route running is getting much better, and he is still getting his catches even though he is having a harder time getting behind the dbacks (last week not withstanding).  He has a great understanding with Ben.

Don't minimize the impact of Sanders, Brown, Ward (I understand the hate, but he's nothing more than Danny Ainge, Brad Marchand, etc.), and Miller.  I do think Pitt can put up 4-5 scoring drives, but they'll have to settle for FG's on a couple of them. 

We just cannot stop Brady. Having two REALLY good TE's means you are taking Pitt's bread & butter away (blitzing from LB's and Polamalu) to cover them, which only makes the problem worse for us.  I see it in a 35-27-ish type game. Pats go up by 14 early, and never lead by less than ten until it's too late. And, then, I have to listen to all my buddies give me another rash of crap.   Again.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from clouts. Show clouts's posts

Ha ha, thanks RWTK....

I try to be rational, but I'm generally Boston sports fan across the board.  Just have a Steelers fetish for about 40 years now.  A random thing, but I stuck with them through good and bad.  I don't post much on here though.

One note, and this is to nobody in general, regarding Pitt fans, and the city.  I went to the game last year, with Pats fans, and I'm sure they will tell you, the city and fans were really cool.  All the ribbing was good natured, and we only came across one unreasonable waitress (I thought, anyway).  But, that city is nuts for their team.  You have never seen anything like it on game days.  It's weird...I am not exaggerating...I bet 80% of the people, going to the game or not, were wearing jerseys or something.  We have a lot of passion for our teams in NE, but that was something else to see.

We are lucky to have a lot of good teams to root for here, and we are passionate.  I'll take that over the apathy that crawls into so many fanbases around the country.  Right or wrong, we all care.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from clouts. Show clouts's posts

All true...the Media is causing more problems than need to be.  Why would a guy like Lester ever open his mouth again?  The mediots are all over them because they aren't saying anything.  He comes on, says his peace, falls on the sword, and he gets skewered WORSE.  I don't get it. 

Looking at the Steelers history, they were a brutal franchise before the early 70's.  Possibly, the worst in all of football.  But, they always had a following...mostly because there isn't much else to do.  Pirates had their heyday (long since gone), and Penguins have done "OK" since Mario came, but you are right...they had one foot out the door on more than one occasion.  We are lucky in that our teams here have generally been successful (all have had their down years...decades...but are generally in the top-half of their leagues).

Honestly, growing up, I was a Pats fan as well as a Steelers fan.  The Steelers were just winning, and since there were no Pats around for my father to root for (he was a Giants fan growing up), I didn't have the emotional tug the way the Sox do.  It was easier to drift away from the Pats then.  I always say it wasn't much of an issue before 2000.  Boy, how times have changed!

As for the game itself...I haven't watched too much of the Pats this year.  Only here and there.  How is their run defense?  We are having huge problems running..our line is plain awful. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from clouts. Show clouts's posts

Concerning.  As much success as Ben has had, I still cover my eyes alot when he's throwing.  Actually, I cover my eyes when Brady is throwing, too...just for a different reason....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

I went to the pitt/ne game at foxboro when the game was sealed and the pitt intercepted bledsoe and changed the outcome... my brother is an avid pitt fan...he wore a gregg lloyd jersey and said he almost got in 20 fights in NE!!!!   but it was crazy at that game...never seen so many of the others teams fans in our stadium...

they were rabid....but actually better behaved than NE fans that game...

but one thing i hate is when steeler fans have to pull the spygate whining...some guy on eei calling foxboro spygate stadium the other day...geeesh!

time for another asswhoopin!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

They have the perfect recipe for defeating us.  Get after the QB which they can do to Tom, and their offense can spread the field and chip away or flat out blow away our pathetic secondary.  We are going to have to play mistake free ball and take full advantage of whatever mistakes they might make to win this one. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Is Anyone worried about the Steelers?:
    [QUOTE]I think they have a good chance as long as they score more points than the Steelers by the end of regulation.
    Posted by champy4prez[/QUOTE]

Who let Magic Johnson in here?

Cool

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Can the Steelers' "D"  stop Tom Brady? These three Steelers hope to bury him: http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_764245.html

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

I'm worried less about the Steelers, and more about the Pats' dbacks. 

Pats will only lose this if they give it up big in the secondary and/or if they commit stupid penalties.

Pats are favoried, I think, by 3.5.  I think they cover and then some. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from brkh. Show brkh's posts

[QUOTE]Big Ben has been dismissing Brady as a QB who "justs stands there flat-footed" and insinuated he cannot scramble for jack! Big Ben better watch his mouth, or Big Tom is going to stuff it with a pigskin!
    Posted by beavis[/QUOTE]

And I bet you can't provide a link for that statement!

Everything Roethlisberger has ever said about Brady has been nothing but complimentary, he has been quoted again and again for calling Brady the best quarterback in the NFL - has been saying that since HE came into the league.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

[QUOTE]Any time it's a road game, absolutely.  Pitt is clearly a very good team, but I'll say what I said last year: 1. Don't turn it over. 2. Play clean STs. 3. Mix in zone and man, defend the run and bottle up Roethlisturd. If they do all of these 3 things relativeluy well, I think NE wins because they match up so well against Pitt. If Brady starts firing INTs, they fumble, give up field position, get behind by a lot, don't contain or stop their run, give up the big play, then their chances disappear in terms of a match up advantage.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

King

So what do you think more running means? 50/50? 
             We are now 163/160 for season
    But obviously the last 2 weeks bring it to 50/50

My impression of the Pittsburg games (and the Jet 47-3 game)
    is that they passed alot more than run- and that when TB has big days
    he burns the safeties

I 've heard people say that TB kills Zones more than MTM

If these are the cases, then shouldn't we maybe pass more than
    run then? Situational football?

I do agree that when D's are giving TB fits-
    that now (especially now) with
    our Oline, TE's and 1 cut runners that we should run alot more

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from condognh. Show condognh's posts

I think woodhead might be a factor throw off the blitz

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

brkr: 10/28/2011 with Ed Bouchette article from Pittsburg Post-Gazette

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

brkr: 10/28/2011 with Ed Bouchette article from Pittsburg Post-Gazette

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Micksoxx. Show Micksoxx's posts

I am a bit worried, road game, tough D, and the Boston press is doing the "we own the Steelers" routine a la the Sox and "best team ever."  Inevitably when the press starts crowing it seems we always get brought back to earth...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]     Can the Steelers' "D"  stop Tom Brady? These three Steelers hope to bury him: http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_764245.html
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Wow. What's Brady's career stat line against Dick LeBeau and the vaunted zone-blitz? 

His average game is 337 yards 2-3 TDs and less than one pick (or one pick every other) with a 68+ completion percent and a 104+ rating. Oh and a 4-1 record. That's just the regular season, and removes the absolute spankings he's delivered to them in the playoffs. 

I wonder what those guys think will make it different this time?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Absolutely not, We own the Steelers....PERIOD!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveTheBruins. Show LoveTheBruins's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Anyone worried about the Steelers? : The truth. They haven't beaten won team over .500 this season. 
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

It's "One", not "Won"  meathead

Sections
Shortcuts