Is Armstead Going to Play this Season?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

Is Armstead Going to Play this Season?

And, do you all thing he will help shore up the interior D against the run at all?  We are vulnerable, imo, against good running teams like Jets,KC, 49ers, and others who may be post-season opponents.  Opinions, other ideas how to fix this problem welcome.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Is Armstead Going to Play this Season?

I'm not sure about either at this point. Even if he comes back he still needs to get into game shape. The guy hasn't even practiced with the team yet. It's going to take at least a month if not more to get into shape. It's also not sure how much mass the guy has lost or gained during this time period. He's going to have to regain it, esp if he's going to help against the run game. Truthfully I'd be happy if he replaced Forston to give Vellano and Jones some rest every so often. I don't expect much else. We'll see what he'll give next year imo.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to SilverSun's comment:

And, do you all thing he will help shore up the interior D against the run at all?  We are vulnerable, imo, against good running teams like Jets,KC, 49ers, and others who may be post-season opponents.  Opinions, other ideas how to fix this problem welcome.

Don't know.  Reiss is the only one that I have read who has at least commented on seeing him in the locker room.  Apparently, he looks like he is in good shape and has been attending meetings, but nothing else has been reported about him, that I know of. 

It would be great to hear that he actually begins practicing.  Isn't the deadline for making a decision about him coming up soon?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mississippipatfan. Show mississippipatfan's posts

Guys from behind the scenes even if we do not see them they are working out with the training staff.  Iam hoping he come back next week.  We can use him for depth

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to mississippipatfan's comment:

Guys from behind the scenes even if we do not see them they are working out with the training staff.  Iam hoping he come back next week.  We can use him for depth

There's a big difference between working out to keep in shape and being in gameday shape. We hear that all the time and I can tell you it's true. You can be in regular shape and not be in football shape. You saw it with Gronk. Even after his surgery he was doing what he could to workout but he lost much of his mass and needed to regain it during practice. You can't replicate what your body goes through on a weekly basis in the gym and it takes time for ones body to get into that type of shape.

btw next week is the bye

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

I believe he was acquired to be a DT. If he weighed 295 back when his play in Canada made the Pats want him, but he's now 280, then I don't think he will be on the field soon.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

What actually happened to Armstead? He played in Canada a yr ago, comes here but never hit the field???

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

What actually happened to Armstead? He played in Canada a yr ago, comes here but never hit the field???

I think he had a bad staph infection.  Even had surgery treat it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

I think he had a bad staph infection.  Even had surgery treat it.

Thanks, that's unreal...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportswizard1. Show Sportswizard1's posts

If he can get into any type of reasonable shape he still wouldn't be ready until week 12 at the earliest. Then he would only be a deapth chart addition. right now they have a nice blend with the additions of both Sopoaga and Carter,as the to big rookies Jones and Vellano have held their own. It would be nice to get through a week without injuries! This week it was Ninkovich, Gregory and Collie.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

about the only positive developement is he hasn't been IR'd yet.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

In response to SilverSun's comment:

He must start practiceing after week 11,,,,,

Then the team has 3 weeks to either activate or IR him...

So it could be 5 weeks before we know whats up...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

about the only positive developement is he hasn't been IR'd yet.

That's about all anyone can say. As far as him against the run, he's a pass rush by all reports. He's okay against the run.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I think it's a longshot they get him on the field this year. This is serious stuff and can't be emphasized enough. Lawrence Tynes, done for the year in training camp, Carl Nicks played one game in week 2 or 3 I believe before he had a recurrence and hasn't played since. A number of guys have had their careers ended. There's no way to know. He hasn't been IRd, so there's a chance.  My guess is maybe next year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

What ever happened to him? did I miss the announcement that he is done for the year?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:

In response to Fletcherbrook's comment:

What ever happened to him? did I miss the announcement that he is done for the year?

Nope...you're done for the year/season/forever on these thereads...everyone knows who you are Bustchise/Leon/Fletcherbrook/Uncle Rico..even Babe hates you now...Leon pushed him  over the edge...only rkarp likes you, and only when you attack Rusty...nobody here likes THAT either...buh-bye...lmfao @ U

You are one f'd up deekhad. Have another drink brother.

Sections
Shortcuts