IS BB A CLOWN?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: IS BB A CLOWN?

In Response to Re: IS BB A CLOWN?:
    [QUOTE]He's a total clown. Really, what has he done in the NFL? Not much, won a few games I guess but if he were really that smart ESPN or NFL network would hire him to talk about football. Some people think that just because he has drafted more All- Pros than anyone else the last ten years he's a good talent evaluator. Not buying it. All the really good draft guys have their own blogs, everybody knows that.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

My nomination for unquestionably the best post on the forum throughout the draft. 

Yep, that BB doesn't know squat about football talent.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]Another steal by Belichick!  How does he find the defensive talent he has stockpiled?  Wilson was projected to go undrafted, but BB knows better.  Yet another talented player on a top rated D.
    Posted by JetMangione[/QUOTE]

At least he's not some snide lurker hanging out where he supposedly has no interest commenting on other people's business.  And as a Jest fan, you sure don't have ANYTHING to say this year, since your SUPER TALENTED PROPERLY DRAFTED TEAM didn't even make it to the playoffs, and imploded during and after the season.  Go where you belong and make snide, envious remarks with the other supposed Jest fans at theganggreen.com, a$swipe.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Is the problem with BB or is the problem with our expectations? We're the ones that make him an idol and we're the ones who tear him down when he doesn't live up to the 'genius' label we have ascribed to him. 

I admit he makes head-shaking decisions at times but he also has developed some great teams often through unconventional means: like going 13-3 last season by welding a defense together that was rated 31st in the league. BB's talent is in developing players and a team to play together and win..... Like having a back-up QB that we were ready to jettison in 08 come together and go 11-5...Like pulling Moss off the Raiders scrap heap and letting him show what he could do...same with Cory Dillon. 

Developing players, Developing teams 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]Is he a clown?... no he is a coach with 4 SB rings. What is your resume?  Pfft
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]
    Head coach? 3. Let's not over embellish his resume.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: IS BB A CLOWN? : He really hasn't missed more than the league average. He's nearly 100% in the first round; league average is 75% He's at about 50% in the second round; league average is 50%.  Since he accumulates so many picks, yeah he gets more misses.  But he also gets more hits.
    Posted by MattC05[/QUOTE]
    100%. Could you elaborate please. If you can.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

This is no stunning revelation. BB is an average GM. Fortunately his HC and QB mitigate that averageness. But, if the GM was as good as the HC and QB we would have 3 more Lombardis.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

I just got back from NYC ..

Hate their teams but I LUV F'in NY .

My god the woman are beautiful.

Actually had tix to day 3 of the draft - walked by Radio City but had more pressin' biz and didn't enter .

I'm home now .

Just learned of our newest draft acquisitions ...interesting.

Briefly reviewed the circulating Tyvon Wilson highlights...meh .

Hopefully I'm not just seeing him thru overly skeptical eyes  -
    but the stuff I'm viewing  looks like average db play with no discernibly great attributes - a least not any that make me think "GOTTA HAVE THIS GUY ! " .

That said -  I do dig the interview stuff - seems like a level headed enough lad - tho not quite mensa material.
    Not that there's anything wrong with that ( see Claiborne + wonderlic )

I honestly hope I'm wrong - but after further review all I see is a passable  , but not great defender .

This  pick , one that is easily the most controversial of the BB/ Pats marriage -has the potential to be Belichick's biggest egg suckin selection ever ....or one of his biggest triumphs .

We all know Bill will undeniably go down as as one of the greatest coaches in NFL history but as far as GM'in goes - this may become a watershed pick .

If Tyvon Wilson succeeds and someday becomes a pro -bowler  , or even a solid starter - it will become just another cog in BB's GM legacy .
      On the other hand  - if he fails ...BB's detractors will not soon forget about this 2nd round SUPER REACH and will use Wilson as a prime example of BB's fallibility .

Ahhh...the NFL Draft ...gotta love it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]This is no stunning revelation. BB is an average GM. Fortunately his HC and QB mitigate that averageness. But, if the GM was as good as the HC and QB we would have 3 more Lombardis.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

+1 (potentially 3 more yes)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]I give him credit for finally addressing the front 7. Continuing to sign FAs for 1 year deals was getting old.
    Posted by Bustchise[/QUOTE]

thank you.
    at least he finally did do that and draft edge guys

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE] I just got back from NYC .. Hate their teams but I LUV F'in NY .  My god the woman are beautiful. Actually had tix to day 3 of the draft - walked by Radio City but had more pressin' biz and didn't enter .   I'm home now .  Just learned of our newest draft acquisitions ...interesting.  Briefly reviewed the circulating Tyvon Wilson highlights...meh .  Hopefully I'm not just seeing him thru overly skeptical eyes  - but the stuff I'm viewing  looks like average db play with no discernibly great attributes - a least not any that make me think "GOTTA HAVE THIS GUY ! " .  That said -  I do dig the interview stuff - seems like a level headed enough lad - tho not quite mensa material. Not that there's anything wrong with that ( see Claiborne + wonderlic ) I honestly hope I'm wrong - but after further review all I see is a passable  , but not great defender .  This  pick , one that is easily the most controversial of the BB/ Pats marriage -has the potential to be Belichick's biggest egg suckin selection ever ....or his biggest triumph . We all know Bill will undeniably go down as as one of the greatest coaches in NFL history but as far as GM'in goes - this may become a watershed pick .   If Tyvon Wilson succeeds and someday becomes a pro -bowler  , or even a solid starter - it will become just another cog in BB's GM legacy .   On the other hand  - if he fails ...BB's detractors will not soon forget about this 2nd round SUPER REACH and will use Wilson as a prime example of BB's fallibility . Ahhh...the NFL Draft ...gotta love it.
    Posted by CaptnFoxboro[/QUOTE]

nice post. interesting points

" Ahhh...the NFL Draft ...gotta love it."

defintitely :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to IS BB A CLOWN?:
    [QUOTE] Tayvon Wilson ?  Did I miss something ?  Did the Pats move their war room to a Shriners tent ?  No matter if you Love , Hate , or are generally indifferent to Wilson ...  WHY NOT TRADE BACK &  COLLECT PICKS BEFORE SUPER-REACHIN'  ? EDIT : Speculation is coming in that the Pats got squeezed at pick #48 .  The other GM's knowing the Pats didn't have any picks after the 2nd round correctly guessed that BB would need to trade out . They subsequently low-balled him forcing him to cave or make his pick. ( Happened again with pick #63 and this time BB was forced to give a sweetheart deal to the Packers to keep the Pats draft alive )    I'm sure BB will learn from it and react accordingly in future drafts.       I 've always considered myself a staunch BB loyalist  , and barring Belichick joining the priesthood and suddenly hanging around with children I always will be . Heres a link to some Tayvon Video : http://www.fightingillini.com/sports/m-footbl/video-index.html?vid=659188786001 ANSWER :  NO . Bill Belichick is an NFL headcoach , not a clown .

The jets are always looking for more fans since you seem to hate your supposed team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

LOL.... 

Ebner to the Patriots is just arrogance.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]LOL....NO he is arogant Pete Prisco   ‏   @ PriscoCBS   Reply     Retweet     Favorite   ·   Open Ebner to the Patriots is just arrogance.
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

Maybe he's both! An arrogant clown! 

Or maybe Pete Prisco is just an idiot. Smile

BB likes guys who were highly accomplished in other sports and want to give football a try. . . . it's a great (and very smart) way to find diamonds in the rough. He's looking for guys with great athletic skills and a great record of accomplishment . . . just not a lot of football experience . . . to see if he can help them translate past success in another sport to football success.  Stephan Neal was a brilliant move.  Maybe Ebner will turn out to be another.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

From all the responses supporting BB, you appear to be the clown

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Tired of the negative posts about Bill Belichick.  Go root for someone else if you hate Belichick so much.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

Love it when clowns come in here complaining about the picks that BB drafted. Clowns saying BB could get him in the later rounds and what not. After the player in what ever RD becomes a good to superstar. The same clowns that were in here 6 months earlier come back and say that's what they thought it would happen. They come back saying "That was a good pick by BB" or "I knew he had this potential" Clowns you just never know with a draft pick. The 1st 2 draft picks that you all like/love, could end up the busts and this kid T. Wilson could end up being the next T. Law or A. Samuel or better. Until we all see what all draft picks can do from July all the way to Preseason then season we cant really say anything. Any pick in any RD can be a bad pick. I guess most of the clowns at home know better then BB. Reason why BB is an NFL coach and all of US (including me) well......

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

[QUOTE] Tayvon Wilson ?  Did I miss something ?  Did the Pats move their war room to a Shriners tent ?  No matter if you Love , Hate , or are generally indifferent to Wilson ...  WHY NOT TRADE BACK &  COLLECT PICKS BEFORE SUPER-REACHIN'  ? EDIT : Speculation is coming in that the Pats got squeezed at pick #48 .  The other GM's knowing the Pats didn't have any picks after the 2nd round correctly guessed that BB would need to trade out . They subsequently low-balled him forcing him to cave or make his pick. ( Happened again with pick #63 and this time BB was forced to give a sweetheart deal to the Packers to keep the Pats draft alive )    I'm sure BB will learn from it and react accordingly in future drafts.       I 've always considered myself a staunch BB loyalist  , and barring Belichick joining the priesthood and suddenly hanging around with children I always will be . Heres a link to some Tayvon Video : http://www.fightingillini.com/sports/m-footbl/video-index.html?vid=659188786001 ANSWER :  NO . Bill Belichick is an NFL headcoach , not a clown .

KEEP GUESSING WHAT HE IS DOING.... but for all those fools who second guess him right now.... IF WILSON works out as a Rodney Harrison type ( or close to it).....  You can go up to BB next off-season and kiss his TUCCAS..... Not on the right, not on the left, but right down the middle!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

These type of threads are funny, funny like a clown!! 

It doesn't matter who is drafted when, BB has a plan, he will get the guys when he wants to help with the plan he has in his mind.  Sorry we don't all agree with him, it's funny how so many people jump on here and pick his plan apart and then are the first to get back on here and gloat in his success.

Have we not learned by now that the draft is built on hope, speculation and past accomplishments.  NFL history proves that nobody is a sure thing, just because they succeed in college ball does not mean it will automatically transfer over to the NFL.  There has been many flops through the years and as well as many diamonds in the rough.  We don't know the direction the Pats are going to take this season.  We have no idea the pieces needed to go the way they want to go.  My guess is BB and his staff are much better at this stuff then we are and even the talking heads on tv are. 

I'm expecting this team to be remarkable this coming season.  BB has plans, big plans, especially on defense, and I'm pretty sure he is happy with the way they drafted these past few days. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 15315k. Show 15315k's posts

This was an awesome draft, the defense is going to be a force, the kind that will win games even when the offense only puts up 17 points. its going to be fun to watch.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

[QUOTE] I just got back from NYC .. Hate their teams but I LUV F'in NY .  My god the woman are beautiful. Actually had tix to day 3 of the draft - walked by Radio City but had more pressin' biz and didn't enter .   I'm home now .  Just learned of our newest draft acquisitions ...interesting.  Briefly reviewed the circulating Tyvon Wilson highlights...meh .  Hopefully I'm not just seeing him thru overly skeptical eyes  - but the stuff I'm viewing  looks like average db play with no discernibly great attributes - a least not any that make me think "GOTTA HAVE THIS GUY ! " .  That said -  I do dig the interview stuff - seems like a level headed enough lad - tho not quite mensa material. Not that there's anything wrong with that ( see Claiborne + wonderlic ) I honestly hope I'm wrong - but after further review all I see is a passable  , but not great defender .  This  pick , one that is easily the most controversial of the BB/ Pats marriage -has the potential to be Belichick's biggest egg suckin selection ever ....or his biggest triumph . We all know Bill will undeniably go down as as one of the greatest coaches in NFL history but as far as GM'in goes - this may become a watershed pick .   If Tyvon Wilson succeeds and someday becomes a pro -bowler  , or even a solid starter - it will become just another cog in BB's GM legacy .   On the other hand  - if he fails ...BB's detractors will not soon forget about this 2nd round SUPER REACH and will use Wilson as a prime example of BB's fallibility . Ahhh...the NFL Draft ...gotta love it.

I think you would find that Tavon Wilson, whom the Patriots drafted, is a much better player than Tyvon Wilson.  (You were probably at your Mensa meeting when the pick was made.)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

This thread was started cuz :

a) Like many Pats fans  - I wondered why BB didn't stick to his usual "good value" type of drafting formula in the 2nd round .

b) I thought it was hilarious the way Pats forums went beserk after "the pick heard 'round the web" .

Ok ...one last time for the slow on the uptakers out there .

here's the CLOWN reference ...broken down :

Henry Hill: You're a pistol, you're really funny. You're really funny.
    Tommy DeVito: What do you mean I'm funny?
    Henry Hill: It's funny, you know. It's a good story, it's funny, you're a funny guy.
    [laughs]
    Tommy DeVito: What do you mean, you mean the way I talk? What?
    Henry Hill: It's just, you know. You're just funny, it's... funny, the way you tell the story and everything.
    Tommy DeVito: [it becomes quiet] Funny how? What's funny about it?
    Anthony Stabile: Tommy no, You got it all wrong.
    Tommy DeVito: Oh, oh, Anthony. He's a big boy, he knows what he said. What did ya say? Funny how?
    Henry Hill: Jus...
    Tommy DeVito: What?
    Henry Hill: Just... ya know... you're funny.
    Tommy DeVito: You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little F'd up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to F 'in amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?
    Henry Hill: Just... you know, how you tell the story, what?
    Tommy DeVito: No, no, I don't know, you said it. How do I know? You said I'm funny. How the F am I funny, what the F is so funny about me? Tell me, tell me what's funny!
    Henry Hill: [long pause] Get the F out of here, Tommy!
    Tommy DeVito: [everyone laughs] Ya mother F'er! I almost had him, I almost had him. Ya stuttering pryk ya. Frankie, was he shaking? I wonder about you sometimes, Henry. You may fold under questioning.

OK ... all u stuttering P's out there ...yooz get it now ?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE] This thread was started cuz : a) Like many Pats fans  - I wondered why BB didn't stick to his usual "good value" type of drafting formula in the 2nd round . b) I thought it was hilarious the way Pats forums went beserk after "the pick heard 'round the web" .   Ok ...one last time for the slow on the uptakers out there . here's the CLOWN reference ...broken down : Henry Hill : You're a pistol, you're really funny. You're really funny. Tommy DeVito : What do you mean I'm funny? Henry Hill : It's funny, you know. It's a good story, it's funny, you're a funny guy. [ laughs ] Tommy DeVito : What do you mean, you mean the way I talk? What? Henry Hill : It's just, you know. You're just funny, it's... funny, the way you tell the story and everything. Tommy DeVito : [ it becomes quiet ] Funny how? What's funny about it? Anthony Stabile : Tommy no, You got it all wrong. Tommy DeVito : Oh, oh, Anthony. He's a big boy, he knows what he said. What did ya say? Funny how? Henry Hill : Jus... Tommy DeVito : What? Henry Hill : Just... ya know... you're funny. Tommy DeVito : You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little F'd up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to F 'in amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny? Henry Hill : Just... you know, how you tell the story, what? Tommy DeVito : No, no, I don't know, you said it. How do I know? You said I'm funny. How the F am I funny, what the F is so funny about me? Tell me, tell me what's funny! Henry Hill : [ long pause ] Get the F out of here, Tommy! Tommy DeVito : [ everyone laughs ] Ya mother F'er! I almost had him, I almost had him. Ya stuttering pryk ya. Frankie, was he shaking? I wonder about you sometimes, Henry. You may fold under questioning. . . . OK ... all u stuttering P's out there ...yooz get it now ?

Spin it any way you want.

BB got alot of value out of the draft. he bolstered up the defense

Go join a carnival

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

See http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9690Discussion%3a83061f51-a836-417c-98fb-2b8e7961725c&plckCurrentPage=0

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Last time I checked in he was still a football coach in the NFL and in no danger if needing anlother career.  Lots of clownish questions being asked on the board today.