IS BB A CLOWN?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

IS BB A CLOWN?

Tayvon Wilson ?

Did I miss something ?

Did the Pats move their war room to a Shriners tent ?

No matter if you Love , Hate , or are generally indifferent to Wilson ...

WHY NOT TRADE BACK &
     COLLECT PICKS BEFORE SUPER-REACHIN'  ?

EDIT : Speculation is coming in that the Pats got squeezed at pick #48 .

The other GM's knowing the Pats didn't have any picks after the 2nd round correctly guessed that BB would need to trade out . They subsequently low-balled him forcing him to cave or make his pick.
    ( Happened again with pick #63 and this time BB was forced to give a sweetheart deal to the Packers to keep the Pats draft alive )
       I'm sure BB will learn from it and react accordingly in future drafts.

I 've always considered myself a staunch BB loyalist  ,
    and barring Belichick joining the priesthood and suddenly hanging around with children I always will be .

Heres a link to some Tayvon Video :

http://www.fightingillini.com/sports/m-footbl/video-index.html?vid=659188786001

ANSWER :  NO .
    Bill Belichick is an NFL headcoach , not a clown .

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: IS BB A CLOWN?

The kid could be a solid starting free safety and its still the worst move he has EVER made considering the type of talented players he could have gotten (at least 2 of them) in the 70-110 range by trading down and still taken Wilson in the 120-170 range.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: IS BB A CLOWN?:
    [QUOTE]The kid could be a solid starting free safety and its still the worst move he has EVER made considering the type of talented players he could have gotten (at least 2 of them) in the 70-110 range by trading down and still taken Wilson in the 120-170 range.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

That's what I really hate about this pick and really it's what I fear with our second round selections...we will reach so absurdly far. I don't care if we loved this guy and just had to have him - we could of had him later and we passed on talent to do it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In BB I trust.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]BB could have gotten Bruce Irvin in the 2nd or 3rd round too
    Posted by ricky12684[/QUOTE]

Seattle is equally dumb genius

NOBODY was taking Irvin before the mid-late 20's ay least... and if any were taking him that high they weren't talking b/c all they said after the draft was that teams were interested in rd 2 only

Seattle coulda traded down 10 spots... gotten 2nd and 5th rd picks in the process.... and still had Irvin... same as this terrible BB move

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]BB could have gotten Bruce Irvin in the 2nd or 3rd round too
    Posted by ricky12684[/QUOTE]

You don't know that..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Is he a clown?... no he is a coach with 4 SB rings.

What is your resume?  Pfft

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: IS BB A CLOWN? : You don't know that..
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]
    wow, that one went right over your head

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

This is all based off of the assumption that the other 31 teams valued this player as the public evaluators do.

Is it more likely all other 31 teams agreed with people that don't have NFL jobs, or is it reasonable to believe that someone, or a few others, were looking at this kid too?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]The kid could be a solid starting free safety and its still the worst move he has EVER made considering the type of talented players he could have gotten (at least 2 of them) in the 70-110 range by trading down and still taken Wilson in the 120-170 range.

Amen, brother! BB's giot a lot to answer for at the conclusion of day two. After such a great day one, it's unreal how badly he's botched day two.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: IS BB A CLOWN? : wow, that one went right over your head
    Posted by freediro[/QUOTE]

You know what, for whatever reason I thought he said BB could have got Wilson in the 5th, which is not what he wrote... soooo my bad. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

[QUOTE]This is all based off of the assumption that the other 31 teams valued this player as the public evaluators do. Is it more likely all other 31 teams agreed with people that don't have NFL jobs, or is it reasonable to believe that someone, or a few others, were looking at this kid too?
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: IS BB A CLOWN? : Seattle is equally dumb genius NOBODY was taking Irvin before the mid-late 20's ay least... and if any were taking him that high they weren't talking b/c all they said after the draft was that teams were interested in rd 2 only Seattle coulda traded down 10 spots... gotten 2nd and 5th rd picks in the process.... and still had Irvin... same as this terrible BB move

A handful of teams had Irvin highly rated. But, comparing Irvin with the Wilson situation is an apples and oranges thing. Irvin has potential as a pass-rusher, and was rated by most as a second round pick. Wilson went in the mid-2nd round, and was listed as a 7th round pick, at best.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

[QUOTE]Another steal by Belichick!  How does he find the defensive talent he has stockpiled?  Wilson was projected to go undrafted, but BB knows better.  Yet another talented player on a top rated D.
    Posted by JetMangione[/QUOTE]
    Really, after the Jets first 2 picks, you shouldn't be getting your digs in at a mid-second Pats pick. 

Just kidding, I'm sure Quinton Gholston will have a fine career.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]This is all based off of the assumption that the other 31 teams valued this player as the public evaluators do. Is it more likely all other 31 teams agreed with people that don't have NFL jobs, or is it reasonable to believe that someone, or a few others, were looking at this kid too?

Desperation. This was simply a horrible pick. Would you be saying this if the Jets took this guy in round two? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: IS BB A CLOWN? :      Desperation. This was simply a horrible pick. Would you be saying this if the Jets took this guy in round two? 
    Posted by TexasPat[/QUOTE]
    Step back from the ledge Pat.  Even if it's a blown pick, the ground won't immediately open up and swallow Gilette Stadium.  Not immediately.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]Another steal by Belichick!  How does he find the defensive talent he has stockpiled?  Wilson was projected to go undrafted, but BB knows better.  Yet another talented player on a top rated D.
    Posted by JetMangione[/QUOTE]

Did you boo with other Jets fans when they mentioned Sanchez' name during the draft?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

+111

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: IS BB A CLOWN? :      Amen, brother! BB's giot a lot to answer for at the conclusion of day two. After such a great day one, it's unreal how badly he's botched day two.

+1

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: IS BB A CLOWN? :      Desperation. This was simply a horrible pick. Would you be saying this if the Jets took this guy in round two? 

I honestly don't lament or laugh at any other team's picks. Too much is unkknown at this point. BB has 12 years of good will built up in my book. He's not always right, but nobody is. For me, he's earned the benefit of the doubt.

People have hated many, many BB picks, starting with Seymour in 01. David Terrell was the NEED! Hahaha. How many times has he made the "experts" look like fools? EVERY decision makers looks like a fools themselves at times, but how many MORE times will he have to make pundits look dumb before people learn?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOFFBURGER. Show HOFFBURGER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: IS BB A CLOWN? : I honestly don't lament or laugh at any other team's picks. Too much is unkknown at this point. BB has 12 years of good will built up in my book. He's not always right, but nobody is. For me, he's earned the benefit of the doubt. People have hated many, many BB picks, starting with Seymour in 01. David Terrell was the NEED! Hahaha. How many times has he made the "experts" look like fools? EVERY decision makers looks like a fools themselves at times, but how many MORE times will he have to make pundits look dumb before people learn?

he really hasnt made the "experts" look like fools all that often as you suggest, he's had a few major hits on rare occasion but has missed more than the league average too. guess it all averages out in the longrun. BB the coach still wins in spite of BB the talent evaluator...it's a rare and fascinating dynamic

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Ok ...stepped away from the draft coverage ...stepped away from the ledge .

I came back to this thread with the intention of deleting the header - and letting it go ....but I've decide to let it ride.

I'm now lookin at the big picture.

BB scored talent yesterday that was potentially elite .

He went on record saying he was surprised that they were able to get em w/o expending their 2nd rounders .

It probably wouldn't have been fair to the rest of the league if BB also parlayed this 2nd round into gold .

I dont think anybody can argue he's the undisputed best drafter
    ( but he's close )

For NFL paritys sake -
     Thank God BB isn't as good an NFL GM as he is a NFL coach.

Hopefully Wilson surprises us like Volmer did and we forget 'bout the real or perceived wasted opportunities.

IBBWT

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: IS BB A CLOWN? : he really hasnt made the "experts" look like fools all that often as you suggest, he's had a few major hits on rare occasion but has missed more than the league average too. guess it all averages out in the longrun. BB the coach still wins in spite of BB the talent evaluator...it's a rare and fascinating dynamic
    Posted by HOFFBURGER[/QUOTE]
    He really hasn't missed more than the league average.

He's nearly 100% in the first round; league average is 75%

He's at about 50% in the second round; league average is 50%.  Since he accumulates so many picks, yeah he gets more misses.  But he also gets more hits.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: IS BB A CLOWN? : he really hasnt made the "experts" look like fools all that often as you suggest, he's had a few major hits on rare occasion but has missed more than the league average too. guess it all averages out in the longrun. BB the coach still wins in spite of BB the talent evaluator...it's a rare and fascinating dynamic
    Posted by HOFFBURGER[/QUOTE]

agree with this evaluation

add some bitterness and world class smugness