Is BB getting a pass on these boards

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Is BB getting a pass on these boards

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to p-mike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The bad news: Yes, Belichick has been "getting a pass" for years. Face it, the guy sucks.

The good news: Lots of guys who are much better will soon be available.

[/QUOTE]

+1

I don't get why saying BB has had fits drafting a few spots (CB/S, WR) and had a few bad drafts overall = saying he "5uck5". 

In the end, without nitpicking, there are few GM's who draft as well as he. He is "in the mix" as one of the best. The sheer amount of talent he has drawn into the offense and LBing crew alone is just great. 

Consider the RBs he picked, the TEs, and the ILBs and most recently the DE. Yeah, he still had to go to Fa to get Talib, and I question a few other players, but overall he is great. Sadly, I think it's just a testament to the NFL and parity that an injury in an untimely fashion (Gronk last playoff series) can derail the 'validation' some people seek to show that 'greatness.'

If Gronk isn't a no-show in the Superbowl, then NE probably has 'just enough' to edge the Giants, and suddenly, everyone feels better.  

[/QUOTE]

Well, I never said BB sucks. I said he had a 4 year dry spell followed by a very good 3 year run in the draft. I speculated that the 4 year dry spell may have cost the Pats a few additional play off wins, and may have forced their hand in some free agent decisions. 

In spite of people trying to put words in my mouth, I have never compared the Pats to the Jets ( different philosophy's) nor have I ever compared BB to any other GM/coach in football.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFutureNow. Show TheFutureNow's posts

I reckon this thread has run it course but  it is hard to miss that Pats rejects/scrubs often become other team's gold.. (D. Butler ? B. Hoyer? M. Cassel others ?) to a great extent it is a system thing. They just do not fit in here and must move on....It's in the nature of things...To say the draft was a failure or that BB is poor drafter requires taking a better view of the farm.

Sam

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to TheFutureNow's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I reckon this thread has run it course but  it is hard to miss that Pats rejects/scrubs often become other team's gold.. (D. Butler ? B. Hoyer? M. Cassel others ?) to a great extent it is a system thing. They just do not fit in here and must move on....It's in the nature of things...To say the draft was a failure or that BB is poor drafter requires taking a better view of the farm.

Sam

[/QUOTE]

I get a chuckle out of anyone refering to Cassell, Hoyer and Butler as "gold". Has any Pats castoff ever made any impact on another team? ( I guess 1 year of Cassel) 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Regarding the 2009 draft? 12 picks, Vollmer and Edelman still on the team. 

I always thought Brace was injured, not simply a bad player. I assume some team gives him a shot next year. 

I think playing beside Vince makes Lovie/Deadrick better players, but I still think interior DL is where the #1 draft choice needs to be spent.

In addition, would also like to see an experienced interior DL brought in. Not a break the bank type of guy, simply a solid vet on a team friendly deal. Would love it to be Seymour, but assume its a long shot. 

[/QUOTE]

You are getting a pass on these boards. BB puts together solid teams that are perhaps the deepest and most flexible in the NFL. He does it through FA and draft. Sometimes getting players who were never drafted by anybody. You are like SO MANY OTHERS who cherry pick. WHen was the last time the team finished with under 11 wins? How many players like Nink or Francis or Woodhead were you lauding when BB got them? Were you one of those who wanted to cut McCourty who has played very very well at FS? Were you? How about signing Mankins? Where were you on that? How about drafting Ridley and Vereen? Or Gronk for that matter? Or Hernanzed after we got Gronk?! I could go on and on because the roster is FULL of quality players. Maybe not all stars. But then again BB builds a team for the real world, not fantasy football like you do.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Who cares about this stuff? Do they hand out rings for best draft and I just missed it? Does it matter if he drafted a guy, got him UDFA, off waivers or in a trade? Belichick and the FO is responsible for the roster and he and the coaches for performance on the field. The roster is just fine and the team wins way more than it loses, year after year. That's what he needs to be judged on, not how many players from some draft years ago are still in the league.  Myself, I would say he and his staff, both FO and coaching, are doing a stellar job on both counts.  

Are you really more concerned with minutiae like how they did on a draft going on four years ago than with the team's record? This is the kind of stuff people just looking to find fault would go looking for.

[/QUOTE]

Muz, 

Thank you for your logic. It doesn't always matter how you get there, it's the final product that counts and there has been no one better since BB arrived to coach the Pats than BB. About time some stopped critisizing every little move and just appreciate the winning year in year out. It won't last forever. 

Hetch

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Regarding the 2009 draft? 12 picks, Vollmer and Edelman still on the team. 

I always thought Brace was injured, not simply a bad player. I assume some team gives him a shot next year. 

I think playing beside Vince makes Lovie/Deadrick better players, but I still think interior DL is where the #1 draft choice needs to be spent.

In addition, would also like to see an experienced interior DL brought in. Not a break the bank type of guy, simply a solid vet on a team friendly deal. Would love it to be Seymour, but assume its a long shot. 

[/QUOTE]

You are getting a pass on these boards. BB puts together solid teams that are perhaps the deepest and most flexible in the NFL. He does it through FA and draft. Sometimes getting players who were never drafted by anybody. You are like SO MANY OTHERS who cherry pick. WHen was the last time the team finished with under 11 wins? How many players like Nink or Francis or Woodhead were you lauding when BB got them? Were you one of those who wanted to cut McCourty who has played very very well at FS? Were you? How about signing Mankins? Where were you on that? How about drafting Ridley and Vereen? Or Gronk for that matter? Or Hernanzed after we got Gronk?! I could go on and on because the roster is FULL of quality players. Maybe not all stars. But then again BB builds a team for the real world, not fantasy football like you do.

[/QUOTE]

Wow, what a dope. Why don't you simply look over the 2006-2009 draft choices and then comment? When did I ever mention the teams wins? Mankins? McCourtey. I simply said BB's draft choices from 2006-2009 were a dry spell, costing the team playoff wins and free agent decisions that may have not been made otherwise (Bodden, Ellis, Albert, Ocho and on and on) 

I only mention this due to Brace getting cut, Chung on the outs, and Reiss reviewing the draft of 2009. In hindsight, it was a dismal 3 years of draft choices. 

How can you argue with that? 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Anyone can nitpick with any detail they want with any front office and coaching staff, but the bottom line is the Pats have been a great organization since Kraft and BB came along and are probably the envy of most other teams in the NFL when it comes to the ability to put a winning team on the field year and year for twelve seasons. No one else has done it quite so well and consistantly as BB. Granted the man has his weaknesses and his drafts may not be the best but over all he's still the best at what he does in the NFL. 

If BB left the Pats for any reason teams would be beating his doors down to hire him. I for one hope he stays on in some capacity till he fully retires. When he finally does the folks who do the nitpicking will really have issues with whoever takes over and in hindsight may reflect on BB for what he accomplished and finally give him his due. 

Hetch

Happy New Year Everyone, even the TROLLS !!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Anyone can nitpick with any detail they want with any front office and coaching staff, but the bottom line is the Pats have been a great organization since Kraft and BB came along and are probably the envy of most other teams in the NFL when it comes to putting a winning team on the field year and year for twelve seasons. No one else has done it quite so well and consistantly as BB. Granted the man has his weaknesses and his drafts may not be the best but over all he's still the best at what he does in the NFL. 

If BB left the Pats for any reason teams would be beating his doors down to hire him. I for one hope he stays on in some capacity till he fully retires. When he finally does the folks who do the nitpicking will really have issues with whoever takes over and in hindsight may reflect on BB for what he accomplished and finally give him his due. 

Hetch

Happy New Year Everyone, even the TROLLS !!

[/QUOTE]

Hetch,

other than stating 2006-2009 was a dry spell in he draft, where have I disagreed with any comment you have made?

I simply feel that the results of the draft from 2006-2009 are not nitpicking. Every other word you have said are my sentiments exactly

14. This post has been removed.