Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach?

I see innumerable posts complaining about the Pats not running enough and using certain formations too much.

So, is BB doing a good job as Head Coach if these great flaws exist?

I think he's the best coach in the game and I have no complaints with his coaching.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach?

Yes saying we don't run the ball enough is surely suggesting BB should be fired.

Your not trolling.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

In Response to Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach?:
    [QUOTE]I see innumerable posts complaining about the Pats not running enough and using certain formations too much. So, is BB doing a good job as Head Coach if these great flaws exist? I think he's the best coach in the game and I have no complaints with his coaching.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

He's doing a great job as a head coach. Where I think BB has been lacking is as a GM. Pats need more talent.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach?:
    [QUOTE]Yes saying we don't run the ball enough is surely suggesting BB should be fired. Your not trolling.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

Saying we're not running the ball enough is saying BB is WRONG. At least be man enough to admit that's what you're saying instead of hiding from it by calling me a troll. You're the one bashing BB's coaching constantly, not me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : He's doing a great job as a head coach. Where I think BB has been lacking is as a GM. Pats need more talent.
    Posted by smorgan86[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

So BB can never be wrong?

His playcalling can be terrible (though, to be fair, it's the OCs and TBs playcalling, NOT BB), but bad playcalling does not turn him into a bad coach.

There are MANY facets to being a head coach, critisizing one doesn't mean we think he's a bad coach. People make mistakes...

...like this thread.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

You know where I stand on this one Babe . . . I think he's done great work with a flawed team.  Anyone can find fault with a few plays here or there, but overall the game planning is very good and he's taken a team that any other coach would have been lucky to get to 8 and 8 and got it just a drive away from winning the Super Bowl.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

So tell me what bad play calling is?
    Is it a play that does not go as planned?
    Is it because you thought a run should be called and they passed?
    Is it when they pass and it gets intercepted?
    Is it when Ridley fumbles the ball?

Look plays are called based upon tendencies the OC & TB see during the game.
    As we have seen over the course of the past 10 years the OC whom ever it has been and TB have been right more often than not.

They lose games because some plays do not work as intended or because the DC of the opposing team has done a better job.

We all know that when your team is in the top for scoring every year the OC and TB are doing much better than most of the other 31 teams. BTW the plays called are based upon the team you are playings D and your own abilities.

Let's not forget that many of the Pats "running" plays are actually quick outside passes to Welker/Hernandez/Gronkowski/Branch/Edleman or a RB.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : Saying we're not running the ball enough is saying BB is WRONG. At least be man enough to admit that's what you're saying instead of hiding from it by calling me a troll. You're the one bashing BB's coaching constantly, not me.

I'm not bashing Coach. I am saying our offense is one dimesnional. Do you dispute that?

I have also said that BB has been hurt by the constant raping of his coaching staff. Teams are run by more then 1 coach you know?

Replace 3 OC's in 7 years and yeah offense's tend to lose a little flexibilty.

You are such a blowhard that you are redefine the word.

BabeBlowhardParilli.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

In Response to Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach?:
    [QUOTE]I see innumerable posts complaining about the Pats not running enough and using certain formations too much. So, is BB doing a good job as Head Coach if these great flaws exist? I think he's the best coach in the game and I have no complaints with his coaching.

Babe, oyur question is the wrong one imo.  BB the coach is fine, but BB the GM should be fired for all the blown/wasted draft choices.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

yea BB the GM hasnt been great, but that has made his coaching job all the more impressive

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Funny how other teams complain as do the media about how a constant turn over at the OC position on some teams has hurt the team and the QB.
    However you look at the Pats with the same issue on both the D and O and they have merrily continued their winning ways.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : I'm not bashing Coach. I am saying our offense is one dimesnional. Do you dispute that? I have also said that BB has been hurt by the constant raping of his coaching staff. Teams are run by more then 1 coach you know? Replace 3 OC's in 7 years and yeah offense's tend to lose a little flexibilty. You are such a blowhard that you are redefine the word. BabeBlowhardParilli.

Like a trapped rat in a corner now you grasp at straws.

BB is in charge. If the team is one dimentional and that is a bad thing then he has the power to change it but he hasn't.

Really, all you do is bash BB's coaching and Brady too, but try to disguise it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : Like a trapped rat in a corner now you grasp at straws. BB is in charge. If the team is one dimentional and that is a bad thing then he has the power to change it but he hasn't. Really, all you do is bash BB's coaching and Brady too, but try to disguise it.

why do you have to post something like this to prove your point? i dont think anyone was saying BB did a bad coaching job.....all that was said was that more balance would have been nice, and thats true. even lining up hernandez in the backfield for a few carries late may have given the team a jolt

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

No and yes. He is ultimatley responsible for the decisions that affect the game. But in all fairness he is not the one executing the design of the plays.

he may need to find players who can execute better. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]No and yes. He is ultimatley responsible for the decisions that affect the game. But in all fairness he is not the one executing the design of the plays. he may need to find players who can execute better. 
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

i believe ridley could have helped....we saw what a guy with speed like woodhead did to that defense in space

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : why do you have to post something like this to prove your point? i dont think anyone was saying BB did a bad coaching job.....all that was said was that more balance would have been nice, and thats true. even lining up hernandez in the backfield for a few carries late may have given the team a jolt
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

I have to post this because several persons constantly second guess the way BB coaches this team but try to act as if that's not what they are doing.

There is a reason BB is not running more. There is a reason he runs the spread as much as he does. There is nothing about what this team is doing he doesn't have his finger on.

Do you think if we know they pass much more than run he doesn't? Do you think if he thought running more would be more effective he would make them run more?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

I hear all the time that BB has done the best with the little talent he's had on defense.  But the best he done with the D is worst in the NFL.  The fact is the talent on the defensive side of the ball is strictly BB fault, he didn't fall into this situation, he created it.  Who's idea was it to trade Merriweather and let Bodden and Sanders leave?  It was all Bill's.  

The fact is the Pats got back to the Superbowl on Brady's arm and some bigtime breaks.  

Don't expect these breaks to come every season, like playing possibly the worst NFL playoff team ever in the Broncos, or another gift like the Cundoff miss.
    The Giants were another gift, but the Pats couldn't capitalize on it.  If the Pats had played Green Bay, the Saints, or even the 49ers, the Pats would probably have been blown out.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : Like a trapped rat in a corner now you grasp at straws. BB is in charge. If the team is one dimentional and that is a bad thing then he has the power to change it but he hasn't. Really, all you do is bash BB's coaching and Brady too, but try to disguise it.

Desperation is ugly on you bud.

Are you not the BB is a terrible GM guy? It is apparent you will say anything at this point. Whether it is warranted or not.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : oh stuff that Steve-o...the Jints BEAT the Packers and 49ers in case u have a short memory...and the Giants beat the Pats in week 9 in case u have a short memory...that's 3 in a row in case you have a short memory...oh, and if the Giants decided to play before their backs were to the wall like they're known to and they weren't a M*A*S*H unit for the first 12 wees they win 11 or 12 games... NO CLASS BRO
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

see i dont get that, i mean their regular season record means nothing now, but dont you think if they played with that chip on their shoulder all year they could make it easier on themselves? i mean it sure as hell made for an entertaining ride for them and their fans, but it would be easier to have a bye and two home games, no?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : yes it would be...no team will fray ur nerves like this one the one good thing is that they do their best when it matters most but yeah they make it an adventure to say the least...I was worn out by the end of both SB's...and most of the games leading up to them (both NFCCG went to OT)
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

they definitely gave giants fans a hell of a ride this year, no doubt about that

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : Desperation is ugly on you bud. Are you not the BB is a terrible GM guy? It is apparent you will say anything at this point. Whether it is warranted or not.

No need to lash out because you've been exposed as the clandestine BB basher you are.

I have repeatedly said BB is a great coach and an average GM. I think I have plenty of company with that assessment, since, it's true.