Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach?

In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : oh stuff that Steve-o...the Jints BEAT the Packers and 49ers in case u have a short memory...and the Giants beat the Pats in week 9 in case u have a short memory...that's 3 in a row in case you have a short memory...oh, and if the Giants decided to play before their backs were to the wall like they're known to and they weren't a M*A*S*H unit for the first 12 wees they win 11 or 12 games... NO CLASS BRO
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

The Giants beat the Pats in a close game, with a late scoring drive for a TD earlier this season, same as in 2007.  The Giants were the best matchup for the Pats, because they weren't a how powered offense like GB or the Saints.  And if it were for those two fumbles by Kyle Williams, it would have been San Fran in the Superbowl.  

The Giants were by no means a dominating team this season, they caught some big breaks to get into the Superbowl, just like the Pats.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

In Response to Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach?:
    [QUOTE]I see innumerable posts complaining about the Pats not running enough and using certain formations too much. So, is BB doing a good job as Head Coach if these great flaws exist? I think he's the best coach in the game and I have no complaints with his coaching.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

You ask:
    1) not running enough?
    2) If these great flaws exist?
    3) Best coach in the game and you have no complaints?

Are'nt you a poster that has rigidly complained about Belichicks defense? And who is the DC may I ask?

The Pats can't run simply because Belichick uses a RB that is North and South and has problems shedding and avoiding Tacklers. Just a spy on D even playing loosely is enough to stop the run game with BJGE! He is not the go-to RB.

Flaws do'nt exist on a defense that does not even force 3 and outs in a SB? OH Yeah the best coach in the game that allows an injured player only 20% of himself to play the WHOLE GAME? And NO OTHER game plan to compensate, OH yes, quite a decoy!

A coach that uses numerous numbers on D'fense hoping a couple will stick? A defensive genious?

A coach that has allowed the groceries bought before his arrival to run out and never replaced them. 2006 +

A coach lacking inter-personal skills with an ego that will never admit failure on choices in the draft until 3-4 years down the road.

If Belichick truly wants to issue his famous 'bend do'nt break' then he must supply his QB with a RB and a True WR to stretch the field on Offense and truly control TOP. That wins! Belichick ought to Kiss Bradys bottom every day.

The truth is the Pats can't run anymore they can't stretch the field anymore. They simply win more than lose because of a circle of right players doing more than thier share.

How many people in 'Business' have any of you met that will NEVER admit that they did'nt know (something) that? Almost NONE! That is arrogance! The sooner Kraft buys his contract out the better.  Nothing personal...just Business!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

i don't know who did his job right or not. based on the score, the defensive plan worked; the offensive plan did not.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

BB in whole gets too much flack. He has made mistakes like everyone else across the league. 

My line of thinking is especially with this team we win so much that when we lose our losses and our mistakes are looked upon thousands and thousands and times. If we could run the ball don't you think Bill would do it more as Tom is more successful with a running game behind him?

Bill is going to do whats best for this team and during his tenure here you think he would have been past this point. When hes long and gone a lot of people are going to be saddned that they didn't enjoy Bill and Toms tenure here. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]So BB can never be wrong? His playcalling can be terrible (though, to be fair, it's the OCs and TBs playcalling, NOT BB), but bad playcalling does not turn him into a bad coach. There are MANY facets to being a head coach, critisizing one doesn't mean we think he's a bad coach. People make mistakes... ...like this thread.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

You think that pointing out that a small handful of clowns who think they know more than BB on how the offense should roll is a mistake?

I think it's about time somebody outed delusionals like yourself for what you really are.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]i don't know who did his job right or not. based on the score, the defensive plan worked; the offensive plan did not.
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

Basing your judgement on the score alone is your big mistake in the analysis. There is much more to it than that simplistic view.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : I have to post this because several persons constantly second guess the way BB coaches this team but try to act as if that's not what they are doing. There is a reason BB is not running more. There is a reason he runs the spread as much as he does. There is nothing about what this team is doing he doesn't have his finger on. Do you think if we know they pass much more than run he doesn't? Do you think if he thought running more would be more effective he would make them run more?
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

I voted YES. He has not just done good job but an truly great job. HOF QUALITY even over just the past 5 seasons.

Funny though - people also keep posting how BB does such a bad job with the roster and yet his teams win the division every year, often end up with one of the best 3 records in the league, and have made it to two SBs in the last 5 seasons. That may not be the SB dynasty wins we wanted but it is extremely impressive.

And it is not all about his coaching. BB is not God and he does not make any of the plays on the field. His players do. Like every team EVER there are a handful of very key players. And when one of those is a QB it is COMMON that the QB, that one person, is especially critical. Take away Johnny U and the COlts do not win those early championships. Take away Bart Starr and the Packers likely do not win at least some if not all of those championships. Take away Joe Montana (before there was a Steve Young) ... But... NO team EVER has performed that well because of just one person, QB or otherwise. (if you were around you might have watched a truly great Sonny Jurgensen - one of the top 10 QB of all time and perhaps one of the top 4... or you might ahve watched Archie Manning - he was truly excellent but stuck in the twilightzone on a regularly BAD team...)

Bottom line is that one way or another BB puts together a very good roster EVERY year and he coaches the hell out of them. The roster is not perfect and he makes mistakes in FA and the draft. But his total "OBP" and "SP" is great. Remember that hitting 300 is considered very good and the last person to hit 400 (getting out 60% of the time he didnt walk) was Ted Williams. The percentages are not the same but the point is: perfect is not possible.

BB does two things: he puts together strong teams and he coaches them as well or better than anyone else. He just is not perfect. Neither is Brady (hard to stop seeing that wide open Wes... that Gronk open deep..... )...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]So tell me what bad play calling is? Is it a play that does not go as planned? Is it because you thought a run should be called and they passed? Is it when they pass and it gets intercepted? Is it when Ridley fumbles the ball? Look plays are called based upon tendencies the OC & TB see during the game. As we have seen over the course of the past 10 years the OC whom ever it has been and TB have been right more often than not. They lose games because some plays do not work as intended or because the DC of the opposing team has done a better job. We all know that when your team is in the top for scoring every year the OC and TB are doing much better than most of the other 31 teams. BTW the plays called are based upon the team you are playings D and your own abilities. Let's not forget that many of the Pats "running" plays are actually quick outside passes to Welker/Hernandez/Gronkowski/Branch/Edleman or a RB.
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]

Jim - as you can see, I am the first to post a response to your questions, and its not because I have answers to appease you.  Its because posters on this board frequently use play calling as a place to direct their frustrations without (imo) really knowing what they mean. 

I find play calling to be the most overused yet least understood criticism of a coaching staff. 

It is really ridiculous.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

I can think of 30 coaches who did NOT get to the superbowl last year.

I think that pretty clearly shows, yes BB is doing his job.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

[QUOTE]You know where I stand on this one Babe . . . I think he's done great work with a flawed team.  Anyone can find fault with a few plays here or there, but overall the game planning is very good and he's taken a team that any other coach would have been lucky to get to 8 and 8 and got it just a drive away from winning the Super Bowl.  
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

Agree..but it's a catch 22. The reason the team is flawed is also on BB. He's doing/did a great job coaching a flawed team but it's a team he alone created. As I've said, BB the GM has given BB the coach a team that may have been 8-8 if someone other than Bill was coaching it..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : oh stuff that Steve-o...the Jints BEAT the Packers and 49ers in case u have a short memory...and the Giants beat the Pats in week 9 in case u have a short memory...that's 3 in a row in case you have a short memory...oh, and if the Giants decided to play before their backs were to the wall like they're known to and they weren't a M*A*S*H unit for the first 12 wees they win 11 or 12 games... NO CLASS BRO
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]
    I have made these very points with the Pats fans in my city. As true as these points are valid, some don't see it that way. 
    Question: When the Vegas odds makers had the Giants at 7-7, they pushed their odds of winning it all to 100 to 1. Were you aware of this? And would you have dropped a C note on it? If I would have known, I would have. Having no idea that they would fair so well. That's 10K. Shi ot, missed it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RS75. Show RS75's posts

Yes, he is.  As for playcalling, does anyone on this forum really know how many times Brady changes a run to a pass call?

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : He's a huge troll. Anyone that appears intelligent who constantly ignores the facts and very rational, long time proven opinions is a troll at this point, spamming the board. Babe thinks BB should be Bill Walsh, Zampese and Weis rolled up into one during games, apparently. Meanwhile, everyone with a brain realizes BB isn't that and can't control Tom Brady's ego or brain.
    Posted by RustyGriswold[/QUOTE]

BB may have had one of his best coaching seasons this year, but he views it as a failure because they couldnt win it all......as he has said in interviews, when you go all in and make it far, it hurts even more to lose because of how much you invested into that season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

The answer is yes......

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

[QUOTE]So BB can never be wrong? His playcalling can be terrible (though, to be fair, it's the OCs and TBs playcalling, NOT BB), but bad playcalling does not turn him into a bad coach. There are MANY facets to being a head coach, critisizing one doesn't mean we think he's a bad coach. People make mistakes... ...like this thread.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

That's not the answer to the question.  If you think he s**ks as a coach, say so.  I note the title of the thread says nothing about GM.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : I agree.  It's not on BB, though.  The guy fixed a bunch of wrongs and almost every move he made on defense was utter genius in terms of knowing what he had, what he needed and what he envisioned to get the D where it could be.  Meanwhile, teams like SF, last year GB, etc, get all this hype with years and years of top 10 draft picks. I cannot believe more people aren't raving about this job by BB. Out of a lockout, back end of laying down a foundation, especially on D, and he sees this through?  I could see if the D laid an egg or whatnot, but that''s not what happened as we know.  The game was there to be won.  Some fans can't see straight because they live in the Boston bubble and don't realy get how bad or mediocre other organizations are.  Our buddy Babe Parilli is one of them. My only complaints were not getting at least fumble and the 12 men on the field penalty.  On offense, I have far more complaints based on what I saw on the field. If a dumb penalty like that by the D and not having an awkardly shaped ball not bounce (at least once) in your direction are the complaints, then so be it. It gets a little tiring seeing people make excuses for Brady. 

people get so used to BB that they take it for granted.....he turned a mediocre defense at best during training camp, into the strength of the team in the playoffs....i have said i thought the play calling down the stretch was bad...but i dont blame BB for that really.....B.O.B really fked up

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

This thread has lost its way as usual.  I do not know why posters here cannot stay OT.  The question is, is he getting the job done as Head Coach, not GM, not owner, not golf pro, not Pope, not train engineer but coach of the New England Patriots.  There is only one answer and if you have watched the PATS since 2001 then it should be a simple answer for any New England fan.  Its a simple answer for the fans of other teams as well and they all know it.  You all know that the YETS fans, as much as they hate us and BB feel that if had stayed in New York, it would have been them and not us all these years.  Note that's years, it has been a decade characterized by WINNING....  Let me know if you have any questions.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : Unless of course Brady is choosing the pass play over the primary run play or plays in the calling sequence from O'Brien. Playcalling was horrendous in the Miami game at home, vs. Buffalo as well, etc.  Fans were booing the offense off the field.  Denver, clearly was the most efficient and deliberate in a month up to that time.  Baltimore was poor as was the SB. I didn't expect back to back poor offensive gamecalls from O'Brien/Brady. When Brady said he sucked and he would do better, I thought he would.

statistically he did play alot better than against baltimore....he started off 20-23, including 16 consecutive completions....but then they went away from what was working and never got back into a rhythm....the two times they got anywhere near effective drives after that, they were ended by a heave-int and the welker drop..