Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach?

In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach?:
    [QUOTE]Yep.  I agree with that. I actually thought he played a fine first half and when they had that great drive out of half with BJGE as the lead back, I seriously said: "They have it. O'Brien sees it and there is no way he'll veer from this because NY will be overwhelmed come the 4th". But, but Brady's INT to start the 4th destroyed this.  That INT destroys any stats Brady had built up before that. One horrendous decision like that just completely ruins anything positive.  Not so coincidentally, he threw it with BJGE subbed for and with the final drives were with BJGE not used as a lead back again. So, that part is on O'Brien and his lack of seeing it.   If he just hadn't subbed for BJGE for the rest of the game, minus to get him a breather, we win the SB.
    Posted by RustyGriswold[/QUOTE]

i agree that the int killed them....they were near mid-field and had a chance to run some clock and at the very least put 3 points on the board....that would have made it so that they could have actually played defense on the last drive instead of being forced to let bradshaw score to preserve clock

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

He is undoubtedly the best coach in the NFL, maybe of all time.  I think he could do better as a GM at times, but it's impossible to be perfect in the draft and all teams have bad picks.  He builds teams in an unconventional manner, opening himself up to all sorts of banter when he drafts and cuts a Butler and a Meriweather and then has UDFAs and other unproven guys in their place.  His teams win, but are they built for the postseason?  I don't know anymore, they certainly could have won the past two superbowls if a play or two goes their way.  And then we'd still second guess him.  

I still can't understand how it's a bad thing to come to this board to share our opinions.  We can respect BB and still argue about playcalling and draft picks.  What's the fun if everything is tickety boo all the time? 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : You ask: 1) not running enough? 2) If these great flaws exist? 3) Best coach in the game and you have no complaints? Are'nt you a poster that has rigidly complained about Belichicks defense? And who is the DC may I ask? The Pats can't run simply because Belichick uses a RB that is North and South and has problems shedding and avoiding Tacklers. Just a spy on D even playing loosely is enough to stop the run game with BJGE! He is not the go-to RB. Flaws do'nt exist on a defense that does not even force 3 and outs in a SB? OH Yeah the best coach in the game that allows an injured player only 20% of himself to play the WHOLE GAME? And NO OTHER game plan to compensate, OH yes, quite a decoy! A coach that uses numerous numbers on D'fense hoping a couple will stick? A defensive genious?   A coach that has allowed the groceries bought before his arrival to run out and never replaced them. 2006 + A coach lacking inter-personal skills with an ego that will never admit failure on choices in the draft until 3-4 years down the road. If Belichick truly wants to issue his famous 'bend do'nt break' then he must supply his QB with a RB and a True WR to stretch the field on Offense and truly control TOP. That wins! Belichick ought to Kiss Bradys bottom every day. The truth is the Pats can't run anymore they can't stretch the field anymore. They simply win more than lose because of a circle of right players doing more than thier share.   How many people in 'Business' have any of you met that will NEVER admit that they did'nt know (something) that? Almost NONE! That is arrogance! The sooner Kraft buys his contract out the better.  Nothing personal...just Business!
    Posted by palookaski[/QUOTE]

I think you're mixing BB's GM function in with his HC function.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Yes, he is.  As for playcalling, does anyone on this forum really know how many times Brady changes a run to a pass call?
    Posted by RS75[/QUOTE]

We don't know that. But we can assume that if TB was changing the play too often to the point it was actually hurting the team, BB would assert himself and change that. As BB has said clearly, he takes ultimate responsibility for the play calling.

You're just doing here what the minority has already tried to do; say the choices on offense are somehow out of BB's control.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : He's a huge troll. Anyone that appears intelligent who constantly ignores the facts and very rational, long time proven opinions is a troll at this point, spamming the board. Babe thinks BB should be Bill Walsh, Zampese and Weis rolled up into one during games, apparently. Meanwhile, everyone with a brain realizes BB isn't that and can't control Tom Brady's ego or brain.

You are trying to tell us the man you call "greatest coach of all-time" can't control his QB?

That's about as "irrational" as it gets.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Babe deralied it by again sneakily sliding in the preposterous premise that BB is an "average" GM. His main goal with the thread is to deflect from his boyfriend's mediocre or subpar postseason performances in recent years. 

I didn't sneak anything in. The question is very specifically about him as a HC.

Somebody else mentioned him as a GM. I have only responded to those remarks.

YOU are the one trying to divert the discussion, not me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]This thread has lost its way as usual.  I do not know why posters here cannot stay OT.  The question is, is he getting the job done as Head Coach, not GM, not owner, not golf pro, not Pope, not train engineer but coach of the New England Patriots.  There is only one answer and if you have watched the PATS since 2001 then it should be a simple answer for any New England fan.  Its a simple answer for the fans of other teams as well and they all know it.  You all know that the YETS fans, as much as they hate us and BB feel that if had stayed in New York, it would have been them and not us all these years.  Note that's years, it has been a decade characterized by WINNING....  Let me know if you have any questions.
    Posted by Dessalines[/QUOTE]

The usual suspects who criticize the way BB runs the team incessantly are using their typical tactics of diversion. Just as they criticize BB and act like they are criticizing Brady and OB, here they try to turn the discussion away from their devious bashing of BB as HC to a discussion of BB as a GM.

It's the same old shell game they always play.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

They have won 3 super bowls in 10 years and have been very close to winning 6 super bowls in 10 years. Almost unthinkable,  there isn't an NFL team that has even been close to doing what the Patriots have done in the past 10 years. I would say that is getting the job done as head coach. What is the point of this? The answer is obvious. He isn't going to get it right every game but who could?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]They have won 3 super bowls in 10 years and have been very close to winning 6 super bowls in 10 years. Almost unthinkable,  there isn't an NFL team that has even been close to doing what the Patriots have done in the past 10 years. I would say that is getting the job done as head coach. What is the point of this? The answer is obvious. He isn't going to get it right every game but who could?
    Posted by sporter81[/QUOTE]

The point is that there is a vocal minority around here that incessantly knocks the way this team is coached and they need to be exposed for exactly what they are actually doing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

You're certainly getting the job done as a troll.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

yea babe this is not the way to state your argument, this thread makes you look like an idiot troll

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : Yes, that's correct.  BB can't control every move Brady makes during a game. Yes.  Brady is his own human being. Get it?

Yup, that is a fact. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]yea babe this is not the way to state your argument, this thread makes you look like an idiot troll
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

I post a poll asking if BB is a good HC. I say he is. And you conclude I'm a troll. Brilliant deduction Watson.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]You're certainly getting the job done as a troll.
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

No surprise the BB basher trolls call me a troll.  Typical diversion tactic.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : I post a poll asking if BB is a good HC. I say he is. And you conclude I'm a troll. Brilliant deduction Watson.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

this thread wasnt made out of nowhere....you made this thread to support your argument from earlier....has BB been doing a great job? yes, but thats not what our argument was

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : The usual suspects who criticize the way BB runs the team incessantly are using their typical tactics of diversion. Just as they criticize BB and act like they are criticizing Brady and OB, here they try to turn the discussion away from their devious bashing of BB as HC to a discussion of BB as a GM. It's the same old shell game they always play.

Every person on this forum knows you are the head honcho against how BB runs this team.

Your tired.

Troll

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rainbowroosie. Show rainbowroosie's posts

and who would do better than BB????

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]and who would do better than BB????
    Posted by rainbowroosie[/QUOTE]

this was a sarcastic thread made by babe to make a futile effort to prove his point...like i said, he comes off as a tool for doing this

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : No surprise the BB basher trolls call me a troll.  Typical diversion tactic.

Come on dude, you used to bash BB here earlier in the season until Brady said that he was the best coach in the league. This thread is intended to make it appear that those of us who would like to see a more balanced offense are bashing BB, and that when anyone points out a mistake that Brady makes is ripping BB. 

No sane Patriot fan would honestly say that BB isn't a great coach. Even most of the jealous haters will bring up the spygate myth before saying that. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

In Response to Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach?:
    [QUOTE]I see innumerable posts complaining about the Pats not running enough and using certain formations too much. So, is BB doing a good job as Head Coach if these great flaws exist? I think he's the best coach in the game and I have no complaints with his coaching.

I  believe  BB  is  the  best  coach  in  the  NFL  in  terms  of  game  strategy, discipline  and  game  preparedness.  And  I  believe  his  player  personnel  capacity  should  be  diminshed  somewhat.  But  that's  not  going  to  happen.  I  think  Caserio  should  be  canned.  So  many  2nd  and  3rd  round  picks  wasted  during  the  past  several  years.  Only  7  players  left  from  SB 42. The  rigid  strategy  of  accumulating  multiple  draft  picks,  instead  of  selectively  moving  up  at  times,  to  draft  a  game  changer, simply hasn't  worked  out.  And  BB  did  a  horrendous  job  putting  together  a  very  flawed  defense  this  year.  And  b/c  of  BB's  coaching  talent, he  got  as  much  out  of  the  D  as  he  could  in  the  playoffs.  I  think  MB07  and  a  few  other  posters  could  have  done  a  better  job  of  drafting.    I  think  BB's  legacy  will  be  somewhat  diminished,  if  he  fails  to  bring  home  a  Lombardi  for  ten  consecutive  years  with  arguably  the  best  QB  ever.