Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBSHBT1969. Show TBSHBT1969's posts

Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach?

In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach?:
    [QUOTE]In response to "Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach?": What kind of tool would start such a topic? Belichick is without question the best coach this league has ever seen. The loss in the Super Bowl was mostly due to poor quarterback play and a few dropped passes. Coach B had the team prepared to play but they could not score enough points, most of which fell on poor play by Tom Brady. He has not played well in 6 out of 7 last playoff games.
    Posted by 15315k[/QUOTE]

Really? Then why hasn't he won since Spygate?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : Really? Then why hasn't he won since Spygate?
    Posted by TBSHBT1969[/QUOTE]

they have been to two super bowls and had a perfect regular season since spygate....not like they were blowing the doors off teams in their 3 super bowl wins, they were close and they made the key plays to win....the past two were close and the giants made the late plays to win.....spygate has nothing to do with anything that has happened....you are too freakin old too be bringing that crap up, you seriously sound like a 12 year old jets fan the way you lay out those lame one liners on here

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBSHBT1969. Show TBSHBT1969's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : they have been to two super bowls and had a perfect regular season since spygate....not like they were blowing the doors off teams in their 3 super bowl wins, they were close and they made the key plays to win....the past two were close and the giants made the late plays to win.....spygate has nothing to do with anything that has happened....you are too freakin old too be bringing that crap up, you seriously sound like a 12 year old jets fan the way you lay out those lame one liners on here
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

So you think it's a mere coincidence that he hasn't won since then?

If it didn't give him an advantage, then why did he do it?

And, no, they didn't have a perfect season. There has only been one perfect season and that belongs to the dolphins.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBSHBT1969. Show TBSHBT1969's posts

[QUOTE]Why did every coach do it?  Because it was allowed!  Goodell said other teams were in violation, including the Jets, with how he expected the rule to be followed, so why weren't they punished? Because Goodell's hand was forced.  That's why. Every coach from Chuck Knox to Don Shula all the way through Bill Cowher said they did it and that's because all teams did that as a way to streamline scouting. Your logic is stupid. If your premise was correct, NE would have a worse winning% since 2007-present, as opposed to 2000-2004 when NE won 3 SBs. It has nothing to do with SBs, stupid. It has to do with how NE supposedly was so good and won games.  If you think it was due to a kid with a camera and potential future scout use, you never played football, have a very low IQ and should not be procreating, detroying the general IQ of the American public. The media feasts off of absolute morons like you.   Why do you think this Whitney Houston funeral and death thing is still being covered? Answer that question, dummy.
    Posted by RustyGriswold[/QUOTE]

Then how come only belicheat was punished if every coach did it?

The cheatriots winning % is largely based on how horrible their division is.

But keep up with the insults. It's says alot about you.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Doesn't matter how much game film legal or illegal you watch; you still have to execute.

BTW The competiton in the AFC East is still better than the AFC West or the NFC West. And scheduling insures the Pats get some tough opponents.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

To answer the OP question ... Not always. The guy is the best overall in the league but that doesn't leave him immune to criticism... Benching Welker last year against the jets was the dumbest thing since Flutie got benched for Rob Johnson. His personnel moves are often a mystery ... Like cutting sterling Moore during the season and then starting him in the playoffs. That said, his willingness to move parts around creates a versatility that helps the team. THAT said, he doesn't stop tinkering when it appears from the outside IMHO that the defense is gelling and performing better. At some point don't you need continuity ...? Irritating at times but I don't see anyone else doing a better job.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Just keep TBSHBT1969 over here on this forum if you can. We have no use for him whatsoever on the Red Sox forum.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : So you think it's a mere coincidence that he hasn't won since then? If it didn't give him an advantage, then why did he do it? And, no, they didn't have a perfect season. There has only been one perfect season and that belongs to the dolphins.

perfect regular season, you know what i meandt.....and the dolphins were also only 17-0, pats would have had to go 19-0 and were one one drive away from doing so....if spygate really had that big of an impact, they wouldnt be winning so much now, they havent won a super bowl since 04', but a 16-0 season, two super bowl appearances.....#1 seed in back to back seasons while rebuilding a defense...get a clue man, the giants won, thats cool they were the better team both games on those days....spygate had nothing to do with it

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : It's not that irritating when it's tough to rebuild on the fly and make it work.  What's more irritating is our finesse offense and it's output in the playoffs in man coverage since 2005. I have never been so annoyed since last January watching us hand it away against the Jets and many times this year, especially in the playoffs/SB. HE's got the continuity now. He started 4 rookies last year to get some.  He's added in some more new pieces this year, some from desperation, but look at the return. Continuity moving forward. Dude, why do you think a team like Pitt or Balt wanted to hang onto their defensive continuity for so long?   The same reason we did from 2003-2007.  That's 5 seasons of keeping  continuity. Pay careful attention to Pitt and Balt next year and beyond.  $100 their D's fall off the map, especially with Pitt when Lebeau retires. This D hasn't fallen off the map. It was rebuilt in 2010 and 2011. Now, we're just looking to add the bells and whistles.
    Posted by RustyGriswold[/QUOTE]

Rusty,
    BB has done such a great job in rebuilding this defense that we are now only a couple of pieces away from being one of the elite defenses in the NFL. With the multiple first and second round picks and the cap space this will be where he puts the finishing touches on it. Imo the defense will be good enough that we can win even when the offense fails to score more than 17 points. I agree that baltimore and pitt are going into a rebuild mode soon and will decline. Its very doubtful that those teams will go 14-2 or make it to a super bowl while in the rebuild mode either.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : Rusty, BB has done such a great job in rebuilding this defense that we are now only a couple of pieces away from being one of the elite defenses in the NFL. With the multiple first and second round picks and the cap space this will be where he puts the finishing touches on it. Imo the defense will be good enough that we can win even when the offense fails to score more than 17 points. I agree that baltimore and pitt are going into a rebuild mode soon and will decline. Its very doubtful that those teams will go 14-2 or make it to a super bowl while in the rebuild mode either.
    Posted by sporter81[/QUOTE]

A couple pieces away from being an elite D? Who would those pieces be, Lawrence Taylor and Sam Huff clones?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : A couple pieces away from being an elite D? Who would those pieces be, Lawrence Taylor and Sam Huff clones?
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

I think that if they can get an elite safety , DT, and maybe an OLB they will be elite. They have a lot of young players that will improve, hopefully dowling is healthy because he can play. They didn't give up many points down the stretch or in the play-offs so they were improving. Adding a few solid players willl put them at elite imo. They certainly have the chips to add these guys, BB has possibly done his finest work rebuilding while keeping the team more than competitive. 

This is an exciting offseason to be a Patriots fan!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 15315k. Show 15315k's posts

[QUOTE]Pezz, that poster 15315 sounds eerily similar to Russ in his Brady bashing....hmmm. Thats pretty pathetic if so.
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]
     Wrong again!!! I don't know any Rusty but reading his comments leads me to the conclusion that he is one of the few that have a clue around here.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 15315k. Show 15315k's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : Here's a news flash for you Einstein. You don't have to join the site to read the threads. But you're not fooling anybody.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Yes, I do look like Einstein when compared to you! Why don't you read a book, and then watch the past 10 years of Patriot football before starting another obtuse thread. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 15315k. Show 15315k's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : Really? Then why hasn't he won since Spygate?

What is spygate? Is it a movie or something? Never heard of it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1guy1sharp. Show 1guy1sharp's posts

So your going to be rusty during the day. Then switch at night. Get out of moms basement and get some air. Then maybe a job , who knows soon you'll have a life?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? :  Wrong again!!! I don't know any Rusty but reading his comments leads me to the conclusion that he is one of the few that have a clue around here.
    Posted by 15315k[/QUOTE]

Yes, thankfully he is one of the very very few that are out in da da land. You must be a "Trade Brady" guy if Brady doesn't do what Rusty says!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBSHBT1969. Show TBSHBT1969's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : perfect regular season, you know what i meandt.....and the dolphins were also only 17-0, pats would have had to go 19-0 and were one one drive away from doing so....if spygate really had that big of an impact, they wouldnt be winning so much now, they havent won a super bowl since 04', but a 16-0 season, two super bowl appearances.....#1 seed in back to back seasons while rebuilding a defense...get a clue man, the giants won, thats cool they were the better team both games on those days....spygate had nothing to do with it
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

I beg to differ.

If cheating didn't give him an advantage, then why did belicheat do it?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : I beg to differ. If cheating didn't give him an advantage, then why did belicheat do it?

Are you naturally obtuse or is that something you work to perfect?
    What it really boils down to is "coaching tapes".
    Since 1995 all teams are provided with a digital coaching tape from the end zone where any team at any time can break down any play with the click of a mouse.
    As each game tape is stored on the teams' servers, it is synched with the play-by-play, the better to solve specific problems. For instance, if a coach wants to see all second-down plays, run and pass, a video staff can create a file that includes them. If they want all second-down plays, run and pass, from between the opponent's 20- and 5-yard lines, they can do that, too. It's all in the computer.

Prior to 1995 coaches used Beta tapes.
    Some of the older coaches don't want to use the computers, they prefer the "old school method", as that is how they learned. Some still feel it is a valuable tool, others don't.
    Regardless of what method they use, in the end, it's about the players on the field.
    Now, regarding those players on the field, please explain to me why some coaches are allowed to "cheat" by faking injuries every game, after they've been warned not to?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

i thought" HOLY SH!T! 350 POSTS!"

Should've assumed a lot of it was back and forth nonsense that is decidedly off-topic.

As for Spygate.....ohhhh my head. Many teams do MANY different things to try and gain an advantage, and many end  up spending time, man hours, and resources dedicated to things that don't make a lick of difference. Doing something doesn't mean they were reaping big rewards for it. I can't believe some people out there STILL think this is such a big deal. Pretty much every single ex-coach at the time commented that it was no big deal, and everyone pretty much does it, or did it. A few, very few, coaches did dispute this, but when people like: Jimmy Johnson, Barry Switzer, Mike Ditka and so many others make no big deal out of it, hearing the few ESPN cronies (fisher, edwards, etc) take BB and the Pats to task means very little.

And if it did make such a big difference, explain rattling off 18 straights wins IMMEDIATELY after that comes to light. That flies in the face of all the detractors, if it meant THAT MUCH, you would've seen a step back until they could adjust. It meant nothing.

The only reason Goodell punished them so severely was because they JUST sent out a letter to warn teams against this, and BB's defense was very weak. Goodell, I think, was genuinely p!ssed, felt his intelligence was mocked, and acted accordingly. He's establishing pack order. I, for one, have no problem with that. I think I'm one of the few Goodell supporters around here.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

"Wrong again!!! I don't know any Rusty but reading his comments leads me to the conclusion that he is one of the few that have a clue around here."

Yep, just like I thought. Its Rusty!...lol

Dont assume everyone is as shallow and immature as you are.

This is pretty obvious.

How do you praise a guy after supposedly just joining the board??  and then make up something like, "I had to join just to read this thread"  lmao!

And now both are gone after Ban # 8....lol

Still havent caught on huh?

Maybe you can find something else to do now. I mean it is the offseason...Take some time OFF!

Sections
Shortcuts