Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach?

Brady ran a different offense back in 2001.

Maybe he just needs to go back to basics when it comes to hitting the open man vs. forcing it to his "favorite" receiver.

This actually goes the same for offensive play calling too. Mix it up, keep on using what is working at that moment in time. When the other team adjusts, the Patriots change up. Yes, easier said than done.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach?:
    [QUOTE]Brady ran a different offense back in 2001. Maybe he just needs to go back to basics when it comes to hitting the open man vs. forcing it to his "favorite" receiver. This actually goes the same for offensive play calling too. Mix it up, keep on using what is working at that moment in time. When the other team adjusts, the Patriots change up. Yes, easier said than done.
    Posted by anonymis[/QUOTE]

Who do you think he should throw it to less, his all-world TE or his all-world slot receiver? And who should he throw it to instead, the has been Branch or the has been Ocho?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : Thank you for this nice, rational statement. It's a rarity here.  Much appreciated.
    Posted by RustyGriswold[/QUOTE]

How rational, throw to the chumps more and avoid the great receivers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

It is one thing to argue about how much NE throws the ball.  I don't understand how you can argue about who TB throws to on the heels of a 5k yard, 39 TD season where only 2% of his passes were INTS (his career average is 2.2% which is 3rd all time where 2nd all time is Neil O'Donnell who never threw the ball and 1st is Rodgers who only has 4 full seasons to his name). 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

^ I don't mind who he is throwing it to.  Our regular season numbers are very impressive. We regularly blow bad teams out and have an all world passing offense.

Its just went we get to the post season that we have a problem with this offense. We have no balance and therefore become predictable to opposing DC's. This has led to 10 interecpetions in our last 8 playoff games.

our offensive talent is some of the best we have ever had, probably 2nd to 07 but its close. Our problem is guiding that talent to victory.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : Champ.  Neither of us is making excuses for the offense.  We both agree the offense needs to play better.  We just have a difference of opinion on the reasons for the offense not being diverse.  You think the talent allows for more diversity but the game planning is off.  I think the talent doesn't allow for a more diverse game plan.  It's really a matter of which comes first--game plan or talent.  I say talent, you say game plan.  Really, we're quite close on many of our observations, except for a fundamental disagreement about root cause.  I'm not quite sure where you are on the defense.  I think they're a problem and fixing the defense is even more important than fixing the offense.  You may prefer to fix the offense first.  Fine . . . but please don't tell me you think the defense is okay as it is! You don't mean that, do you?
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

I think the defense needs to get better, although I think until this year we were on the right path. We have been top 10 in ppg allowed almost every year till now. I would argue that the back end of the defense is the root of the problem, and mostly due to the releases of BM,Sanders and Bodden with no viable replacement. Though I hope we draft a big stud DT asap in the draft.

Now as with every year I assumed this BB coached D would get better toward the end of the year despite a lack of personnel, and I was correct. Going into the Super Bowl I was more worried about our offense's ability to get 1st downs and wear down a Giants defense that was near last against the run. I was worried about their ability to score points. This turned out to be a valid concern as we did little of either.

Now in reference to my last post, please explain how you have not made excuses for the offense. That was unclear.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I don't see how saying that the offense doesn't have enough good talent in enough skill positions is an excuse.  It's more an explanation.  I know you disagree with that assessment, but I think there's more to assessing a team's talent than looking at the individuals.  You also have to look at the combinations of individuals you can put on the field.  Having five or six great TEs and no running backs or wideouts won't necessarily make you a great team.  Now it's not that extreme on the Pats, but it's tending toward that type of imbalance.  

Up above you said that the offense is good in the regular season but fails in the postseason.  Honestly, I think that's the result of the fact that the teams it's faced in the postseason have, on average, better defenses than the teams it faces in the regular season.  In 2010, this team did struggle with the Jets in week two and the Ravens later in the season.  It lost the first of those games and won the second in OT.  This past year, the offense really stalled against a good Steelers defense. Good coverage LBs and safeties really cause problems for this offense because they can neutralize all our weapons.  If the team can get a good pass rush too it's a real nightmare. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBSHBT1969. Show TBSHBT1969's posts

In Response to Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach?:
    [QUOTE]I see innumerable posts complaining about the Pats not running enough and using certain formations too much. So, is BB doing a good job as Head Coach if these great flaws exist? I think he's the best coach in the game and I have no complaints with his coaching.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

While I do agree that belicheat is a good coach I also don't think it's a mere coincidence that he hasn't won since Weis, Crennel and Pioli left.

I just think he should stick to coaching and leave being the GM to someone else.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]I don't see how saying that the offense doesn't have enough good talent in enough skill positions is an excuse.  It's more an explanation.  I know you disagree with that assessment, but I think there's more to assessing a team's talent than looking at the individuals.  You also have to look at the combinations of individuals you can put on the field.  Having five or six great TEs and no running backs or wideouts won't necessarily make you a great team.  Now it's not that extreme on the Pats, but it's tending toward that type of inbalance.   Up above you said that the offense is good in the regular season but fails in the postseason.  Honestly, I think that's the result of the fact that the teams it's faced in the postseason have, on average, better defenses than the teams it faces in the regular season.  In 2010, this team did struggle with the Jets in week two and the Ravens later in the season.  It lost the first of those games and won the second in OT.  This past year, the offense really stalled against a good Steelers defense. Good coverage LBs and safeties really cause problems for this offense because they can neutralize all our weapons.  If the team can get a good pass rush too it's a real nightmare. 

The lack of talent in some skill positions on offense is definitely a handicap against good defenses. They possess the resources to emphasize negating the strengths and letting their lesser assets deal effectively with the aspects of our offense that are lacking.

Every team is trying to do the same thing against our O. That is to limit Gronk, Welker and Hernandez, and put pressure on Brady. They are happy to let us try to beat them with the likes of Branch or BJGE,

Having Gronk hurt for the SB exasperated this malady many times over. That's what the members of the idiot's club don't get. An already tenuous circumstance was greatly worsened. In light of these things, Brady had an exceptional performance.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : While I do agree that belicheat is a good coach I also don't think it's a mere coincidence that he hasn't won since Weis, Crennel and Pioli left. I just think he should stick to coaching and leave being the GM to someone else.
    Posted by TBSHBT1969[/QUOTE]

I'm tired of the idiotic Belicheat nonsense. Ignored.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : I'm tired of the idiotic Belicheat nonsense. Ignored.

Its just another NY troll who is so jealous of our great team that the only way he feels better is to post bs like that. Patriots Rule!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : The lack of talent in some skill positions on offense is definitely a handicap against good defenses. They possess the resources to emphasize negating the strengths and letting their lesser assets deal effectively with the aspects of our offense that are lacking. Every team is trying to do the same thing against our O. That is to limit Gronk, Welker and Hernandez, and put pressure on Brady. They are happy to let us try to beat them with the likes of Branch or BJGE, Having Gronk hurt for the SB exasperated this malady many times over. That's what the members of the idiot's club don't get. An already tenuous circumstance was greatly worsened. In light of these things, Brady had an exceptional performance.

Gronk was responsible for 20% of the yards gained and 30% of the touchdowns scored by the Pats this year . . . that's unbelievable.  Losing him is easily like losing a quarter of your offense.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : LOL...yeah, you're right. I'm completely jealous of the team that my team just spanked again. Get a clue.

No way man, your team didn't win, they finished 8-8 and will be lucky to stay out of last place next year. If you were a giants fan you wouldn't feel the need to come over here and vent. The last time the Patriots got "spanked" was in the playoffs a few years ago against the Ravens. Get a clue, a quarterback, and about 10 other guys because you guys are not going anywhere for a while. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : LOL...yeah, you're right. I'm completely jealous of the team that my team just spanked again. Get a clue.

Oh yeah,, ignore... can't see what you say now... damm!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : Gronk was responsible for 20% of the yards gained and 30% of the touchdowns scored by the Pats this year . . . that's unbelievable.  Losing him is easily like losing a quarter of your offense.  

Absolutely.

The jokers around here with the agenda do not factor Gronk being hobbled at all into their assessment of the offense in that game. Rather they exploit it so they can chant their asinine mantra about running more or that the crappy D is actually good. The fact virtually no expert anywhere is calling this D good or demanding we run more doesn't faze them one iota. They know more than any of them, including BB.

They know nothing about the game beyond their clichés.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : Oh yeah,, ignore... can't see what you say now... damm!
    Posted by sporter81[/QUOTE]

It's pretty funny what some clowns consider a spanking. If we had pulled that one out I would have just been grateful rather than beating my chest.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : Absolutely. The jokers around here with the agenda do not factor Gronk being hobbled at all into their assessment of the offense in that game. Rather they exploit it so they can chant their asinine mantra about running more or that the crappy D is actually good. The fact virtually no expert anywhere is calling this D good or demanding we run more doesn't faze them one iota. They know more than any of them, including BB. They know nothing about the game beyond their clichés.

It's also a heck of a lot easier for a defense when there are only two guys to double team and not three.  It changes the whole dynamic of the game.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : It's pretty funny what some clowns consider a spanking. If we had pulled that one out I would have just been grateful rather than beating my chest.

Yup, thats where he blew his cover and exposed himself as being a Jets fan. It's got to be a drag after all of that talk earlier in the year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

IWsn Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : LOL....I'm a die hard Giants fan. Not venting at all. Why would I need to vent when my team won, AGAIN!

Wasn't 1969 the last time the jest won the SB?  Coincidence, I think not!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : The lack of talent in some skill positions on offense is definitely a handicap against good defenses. They possess the resources to emphasize negating the strengths and letting their lesser assets deal effectively with the aspects of our offense that are lacking. Every team is trying to do the same thing against our O. That is to limit Gronk, Welker and Hernandez, and put pressure on Brady. They are happy to let us try to beat them with the likes of Branch or BJGE, Having Gronk hurt for the SB exasperated this malady many times over. That's what the members of the idiot's club don't get. An already tenuous circumstance was greatly worsened. In light of these things, Brady had an exceptional performance.

Here's some Gronk highlights for those who want to see exactly what the O was missing.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4718033/revisiting-some-top-gronk-highlights

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : Yup, thats where he blew his cover and exposed himself as being a Jets fan. It's got to be a drag after all of that talk earlier in the year.
    Posted by sporter81[/QUOTE]

It's a miserable existence, being a jets fan.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : Here's some Gronk highlights for those who want to see exactly what the O was missing. http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4718033/revisiting-some-top-gronk-highlights
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

Imagine this. Gronk, Welker and Moss (the 2007 version). Unbelievable dilemma for any D. That right there might be the best trio of receivers of all-time.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : Imagine this. Gronk, Welker and Moss (the 2007 version). Unbelievable dilemma for any D. That right there might be the best trio of receivers of all-time.

Put Wallace in there or another Moss type this year and watch them go.
    Never mind, scrap that.  Too many people crying about not running the ball enough as it is. My bad!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : Put Wallace in there or another Moss type this year and watch them go. Never mind, scrap that.  Too many people crying about not running the ball enough as it is. My bad!
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

You should know better! Future Hall of Famers BJGE must get his touches!