Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach?

In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : Come on dude, you used to bash BB here earlier in the season until Brady said that he was the best coach in the league. This thread is intended to make it appear that those of us who would like to see a more balanced offense are bashing BB, and that when anyone points out a mistake that Brady makes is ripping BB.  No saine Patriot fan would honestly say that BB isn't a great coach. Even most of the jealous haters will bring up the spygate myth before saying that. 
    Posted by sporter81[/QUOTE]

Certain persons constantly deride the way BB coaches the team. They try to disguise it by naming Brady or OB, because they don't dare point at BB lest they be seen for what they are actually doing; Bashing BB the coach..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : this was a sarcastic thread made by babe to make a futile effort to prove his point...like i said, he comes off as a tool for doing this
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

The only complaint about this question comes from a handful of fools that are clueless, such as yourself.

BB is coaching the team the best way possible and any criticism by some deluded buffoons around here about how exactly he is going wrong is a joke.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : Come on dude, you used to bash BB here earlier in the season until Brady said that he was the best coach in the league. This thread is intended to make it appear that those of us who would like to see a more balanced offense are bashing BB, and that when anyone points out a mistake that Brady makes is ripping BB.  No sane Patriot fan would honestly say that BB isn't a great coach. Even most of the jealous haters will bring up the spygate myth before saying that. 

BS. I have always said BB was a terrific coach.

This thread is intended to show you clowns who question BB's coaching as the dum basses you really are.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : The only complaint about this question comes from a handful of fools that are clueless, such as yourself. BB is coaching the team the best way possible and any criticism by some deluded buffoons around here about how exactly he is going wrong is a joke.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

nobody here has said BB isnt doing a great job......i said this thread is pointless because you are starting a whole new argument.....if any blame was put out by us it has been on B.O.B, not BB.....in fact we have been more appreciative of BB than you have.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : BS. I have always said BB was a terrific coach. This thread is intended to show you clowns who question BB's coaching as the dum basses you really are.

He is doing a great job and you are right, he can't help it if Brady makes a bad decision and throws up a wounded duck that gets picked off or if a guy misses a tackle. The team can be prepared in the best way possible but the players have to execute to win. I agree with that. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : 1. You're clueless if you don't think NE's drafting from 2009-2011 hasn't been good or very good overall. 2. No way we win a SB with our supposed best player (Brady) playing like he has in his recent postseasons. Agreed. Thank god people like you, Babe, Felger, Tony Mazz, etc, aren't running the show in Foxborough.  Funny how Brady has been far WORSE in the postsesson since the induction of the McDaniels spread, and fans like you ignore that fact. We ain't winning jack squat unless Tom Brady wakes up to manage a game correctly in the postseason and that includes allowing for of a run game instead of asking or adubiling to a pass 40+ times.
    Posted by RustyGriswold[/QUOTE]

i cant blame it all on brady though....the playcalling really dictated the game and he got little to no help from the running game because of it.....the play action wasnt as effective because they werent scared of them running it. they couldnt seem to find a good mix of passing and running, since when do they line up in the power formation with a fullback? sorry, but they arent fooling anyone with that formation out there.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : Certain persons constantly deride the way BB coaches the team. They try to disguise it by naming Brady or OB, because they don't dare point at BB lest they be seen for what they are actually doing; Bashing BB the coach..

So have you ever complained about the defense? If so how dare you bash BB the coach.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]Brady has a heavy hand in gameplanning and audibiling, obviously, so his idea to look to past a run game isn't dimissed from Brady himself. It would explain both 1st down pass plays in back to back games with the INTs. Regardless, the ideology is way off.  Score and score fast is detrimental to the team.  FACT

i dont think anything can explain the two heave int's by brady other than two mental lapses or him trying to be a hero....i guess i have less of a problem with the pass against baltimore since it was really an incredible int and was really more of him trying to put the nail in the coffin, still no excuse for it though. the int in the super bowl was incredibly stupid however, throwing it deep on 1st down near mid field to a guy playing on one ankle? i really dont get that, they had a chance to run more clock and get a field goal at least and TB just throws it away like that....he made a heck of a move to evade the pass rush, only to crap on what he had just done

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : see i dont get that, i mean their regular season record means nothing now, but dont you think if they played with that chip on their shoulder all year they could make it easier on themselves? i mean it sure as hell made for an entertaining ride for them and their fans, but it would be easier to have a bye and two home games, no?

The Giants had injury issues throughout the season, until getting healthy in December. They also had a brutal schedule to deal with. The G-men were 5-2 going into week 9, when they had to run the following gauntlet:

1. @ New England; (13-3)
    2. @ San Francisco;(13-3)
    3. Philadelphia;      (8-8)
    4. @ New Orleans;  (13-3)
    5. Green Bay;        (15-1)
    6. @ Dallas;          (8-8)
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyg/new-york-giants

After beating the Pats, the Giants lost four straight, before barely edging the  Cowboys. After the Dallas win, they were (7-6).  

Got to give credit where credit is due. The Giants persevered, and punched their ticket to the play-offs by winning their division. They then beat two very good teams, which had beaten them during the regular season, on the road....before, unfortunately, making the plays that they needed to make to beat the Pats in the SB.

That's not luck. The Giants earned their championship this season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : So have you ever complained about the defense? If so how dare you bash BB the coach.

I've never complained about the way the D is coached. Is it troublesome for you to be wrong so much?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Brady has a heavy hand in gameplanning and audibiling, obviously, so his idea to look to past a run game isn't dimissed from Brady himself. It would explain both 1st down pass plays in back to back games with the INTs. Regardless, the ideology is way off.  Score and score fast is detrimental to the team.  FACT

If BB didn't like what the offense was doing he would do something about it. FACT

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : I've never complained about the way the D is coached. Is it troublesome for you to be wrong so much?

Lol, not troubled by anything or any name calling from someone behind a keyboard such as yourself. I have my opinion and you have your opinion. You say that i'm wrong, maybe one day when I am 80 years old I will be as wise as you are. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? :      The Giants had injury issues throughout the season, until getting healthy in December. They also had a brutal schedule to deal with. The G-men were 5-2 going into week 9, when they had to run the following gauntlet: 1. @ New England; (13-3) 2. @ San Francisco;(13-3) 3. Philadelphia;      (8-8) 4. @ New Orleans;  (13-3) 5. Green Bay;        (15-1) 6. @ Dallas;          (8-8) http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyg/new-york-giants      After beating the Pats, the Giants lost four straight, before barely edging the  Cowboys. After the Dallas win, they were (7-6).        Got to give credit where credit is due. The Giants persevered, and punched their ticket to the play-offs by winning their division. They then beat two very good teams, which had beaten them during the regular season, on the road....before, unfortunately, making the plays that they needed to make to beat the Pats in the SB.      That's not luck. The Giants earned their championship this season.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

i never said it was luck, maybe you misinterpreted what i wrote

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : i never said it was luck, maybe you misinterpreted what i wrote

No...you didn't. But others here have...and still are. 

Enough whining already! The Pats had a great season, and I'm proud of them. In the SB, they played pretty well. But, they couldn't overcome the loss of Gronk, and a very good Giants' team.

Instead of trying to blame BB, Brady, Welker, and the young "D", credit the  Giants for making the plays that they needed to make to win. They were the better team on February 6th. 

Time to move on to free agency, and the draft. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : Lol, not troubled by anything or any name calling from someone behind a keyboard such as yourself. I have my opinion and you have your opinion. You say that i'm wrong, maybe one day when I am 80 years old I will be as wise as you are. 

Maybe one day you will be as wise as I. Keep working at it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

How can anyone say Coach BB is not getting the job done ..we had statistcally the worst ( alright 31 , GB 32)  defense ... yards !!!!  But we got to the SB  ( both teams had breaks ..so lets not go there ) with this defense and that was by giving up less points than our opponents. The game has changed with the 5 yd contact rule. BB knows this ..thats why we pass! Passing yards were at the highest ever through out the league. BB knows that you keep the play in front of you and prevent the big play TD .. i think we were OK there. The red zone is different , the end line is a 12th  defender, play selection is limited and if I am not mistaken I think we were better than average in red Zones TDs ( maybe one of the best).

As far as BB the GM.. do you think he gets a bonus based on $ below the cap????  Hence we get serviceable , affordable players  that he knows the coach ( BB) can get performance out of?

All I know is there is no organization in the NFL right now that has had 5 SBs in the last 11 years.  I will concede that Pioli was GM for the first 3 SBs but we all know that BB was not without input.

I have been a Pats fan since their inception  and believe me these last 11 years have been great.. I have almost forgotten Ben Dreith.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]Yes saying we don't run the ball enough is surely suggesting BB should be fired. Your not trolling.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

In no way is he saying that BB should be fired. It's just an observation which a lot of fans also support. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Can I answer this question with a question? (I haven't read a single post on here, so excuse me if I write something already written.)

Can anyone name another coach who could have brought this team to this superbowl, especially with that D?  I say heck no. 

Do I wish he would spend some money on the D?  Absolutely.  Jonathan Joseph last year, Nnamdi(even though he played mediocre), Babin... ONE of them could have helped.  Mankins money seems a stretch, why not allocate on the other side.  Pats are drafting crazy well at OL right now. 

Draft some D, or make my wish and go get Finnegan. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Can I answer this question with a question? (I haven't read a single post on here, so excuse me if I write something already written.) Can anyone name another coach who could have brought this team to this superbowl, especially with that D?  I say heck no.  Do I wish he would spend some money on the D?  Absolutely.  Jonathan Joseph last year, Nnamdi(even though he played mediocre), Babin... ONE of them could have helped.  Mankins money seems a stretch, why not allocate on the other side.  Pats are drafting crazy well at OL right now.  Draft some D, or make my wish and go get Finnegan. 
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

The Ocho money could have been better spent, eh?

But that is another discussion. BB the GM and BB the HC are really different subjects.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts