Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach?

In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach?:
    In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? :   it's a shame his best player couldn't seal the deal TWICE in the last qtr . He left the field 3 times with the lead, once with 3:30 left, one with 2:30, one with 1:30...to me that equals "sealing the deal"...guess Brady has to play defense too for him to win when it counts
    Posted by JintsFan

he left the field with the same score that they had in the beginning of the 3rd quarter....i understand what you are saying, but the offense could have done a lot more to help the defense

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : The Ocho money could have been better spent, eh? But that is another discussion. BB the GM and BB the HC are really different subjects.
    Posted by BabeParilli

Hey man, I saw at least 70 catches outa that dude....

BB should definitley spend some money on the D though... sorta like that 07' overhaul on offense but on the D this time....

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

As a Head Coach yeah, as a GM, NO!

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

In Response to Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach?:
    I see innumerable posts complaining about the Pats not running enough and using certain formations too much. So, is BB doing a good job as Head Coach if these great flaws exist? I think he's the best coach in the game and I have no complaints with his coaching.
    Posted by BabeParilli

I'm not sure how much credit BB can take on offense since there's some pretty talented players there. I know on defense year after year he's depending on value pick vets past their primes. I'd like to see him develop some homegrown pass rush solutions and also develop some CBs and WRs. He didn't want to run the defense we saw at the end of the year but he had no choice either because this team couldn't execute man defense. When the Pats lost in the SB it was absolutely no surprise to me. They look more like the run and gun Indy Colts than the 2003 Mt Washington defensive juggernaught. Why is it the good FAs don't want to come to NE anymore? Is it because its not fun to play in NE or they're cheap? It seems FAs avoid NE now and I wonder why. I like Chung and Mayo but who else is a legit defensive impact players he's brought in and developed? I love the Pats and I hate to be critical but this constant value syndrome just ensures you come up 4 points short all the time in the playoffs just like Indy used to every year. How about they actually draft high, spend some money in FA and win another SB before Brady starts with the neck surgeries?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Umm, I go by patterns and consistency. If O'Brien took a dump on BB's headset, BB would defend O'Brien publicly. Has nothing to do with clairvoyancy, it has to do with knowing how BB operates as a coach and leader. Period.
    Posted by RustyGriswold

Dude you've got to be kidding me with this crap? Are you insinuating that Belichick doesn't have control over what the offense ultimately does? You think a head coach with Belichick's pedigree is going to allow some no name coordinator to do whatever the hell he wants? Why do you think Kraft pays Belichick 7 million per year? To just stand there and let O'Brien run the show? Hahahahaha! OMG!

I understand the fact that Belichick won't throw a guy under the bus to the media, but if you think for one second that Belichick doesn't have his finger strongly on the pulse of every aspect of this team you're crazy.

We pass so much because we have to. It's because the personnel is not there to run it consistently.  

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts