Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach?

I love the way Rusty keeps saying the defense gave up just 13 points.  As if ignoring the last touchdown would make it go away!  Talk about delusional. 

I explain in a post above exactly why the defense did not play well for anyone who is interested in facts, not just Rusty's blather.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? :   When was the last time our team and this offense beat a good or great defense? I guess it was Balitmore, but why did that happen? A Spikes INT and a great play by Sterling Moore? 
    Posted by RustyGriswold[/QUOTE]

Actually it was when the Ravens missed a chip shot FG after the D yet again tried like hell to give the endgame away.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : Right, just like he used and started Faulk in Pitt with that dumb decision.  He learned from that one. Faulk was done.  What you'll find with me is genuine and objective opinion, not some fraud hypocrite crap that you specialize in. The same reason why we (my friends and family) used to chuckle at Gomer Manning and the finesse Colts offense is why I HATE our offense now. I cannot even believe this has happened.  Cannot believe it.

If it makes me a fraud and a hypocrite to say I'll believe BB knows better how to run the team on the field than you, then call me that.

I think the world at large would agree with BB though. Give the ball to the HOF QB rather than the scrub RBs.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : So, you start a thread that is entitled "is BB getting the job done as head coach" after arguably his best coaching job of his career, and now you are saying you know BB knows how to run a team better than the fans? lol So, which part of the words hypocrite and fraud are you struggling with, you troll? You're the same moron who stands there and tells us BB is an "average GM" and refuses to tell us who has been the better GM in the cap era. You don't tell us that because it would hurt your little troll act here.

I have repeatedly stated I think BB is a terrific coach from day one. I don't question how he coaches the team on the field, you do. I voted yes, he is getting the job done.

I posted the thread because posters like YOU all season long have bashed the way he runs the team on the field. I wanted it to be seen for what it is. You didn't disappoint in that regard.

You constantly bash Brady, you constantly bash BB's coaching. Then you attack those who defend them. That's textbook troll around these parts.

As far as GM, BB has been average. That's a very popular view of it these days. BB will go to the HOF as a coach.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Dude, BB was coach of the year again in the NFL short of Harbaugh in SF. He's basically coach of the year every year. I don't care ifi it's 2008, 2010 or this year. He's been outstanding.  No one is close year in and year out. His defensive gameplan in the SB was also very good.  Very good.  13 points allowed would have been the lowest in the SB since the 2000 Ravens who allowed only a TD to the Giants. Yet, you're on here trying to scour to find ways to pretend the elephant (Brady and the finesse offense's failures for 5+ seasons), isn't in the room. You're a joke. You're a creepy old man who has lust for Tom Brady. PS You still haven't told us who has been a better GM in the cap era over BB.  You haven't told us this because there hasn't been a better GM in the cap era.

Typical. Tom Brady is an awesome QB and the best that's ever been. I have no problem singing his praises and am grateful he fell in our lap and brought this team to heights we never saw before.

Your childish ploy of saying I have lust for him is the ranting of a troll. Do you think BB is a creepy old man too, because we are about the same age?

I truly think garbage like that is beneath you Russ.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : Dude, what happened to you?  Allowing 13 points in a SB while watching our HOF QB toss mindless INTs or our HOF WR drop 3rd and 11 passes, wide open, is why the D played "worse" than they did the whole season?  That makes absolutely no sense. If you had told me the D would allow 13 points in 55 minutes before the game started, I would have signed up for that, and called Vegas prediciting a NE win.  Guess what? Our offense didn't show up when it mattered. The D was worse in Denver, in Washington, and at some other points during the season, albeit not at 100%, but not in the SB. No way. "Worse"? Please. They were outstanding against a trendy, hot Denver team, good against Balt and good against NYGs.  Was it 1985 Bears? No.  But, it was actually better than the SB 38 D, and to some degree better than the SB 39 D. The SB 39 D allowed a TD late and needed the offense to work the clock.   The SB 39 D also allowed Terrell Owens on one foot to get 130 yards receiving.  Remember that? I do. Did you complain then or did you just laugh when McNabb was puking and unable to mount a 2:00 offense? Hmmm? But, the D battled in this SB like they did all year when maligned and undermanned.  Now, when Gronk isn't healthy, we see excuses for the offense. Isn't that interesting.  Yep.    They even battled in Pittsburgh this year, rebounding from a bad 1st half.   And what did our offense do in that game to answer the bell?  Not much.  Not much.  They fiddled around so much, they ended up missing a 40 yard FG on another stalled finesse drive and fiddled at the 1 yard line on 1st and goal, wasting 1:30 in time for no reason other than to run another shotgun spread play for BRady's stats, apparently. Who kidnapped Tom Brady? That's what I want to know. Reminded me of the SB that Pitt game except the D plyed better in the first half of the SB than they did in Pitt, obviously.   The D, in the Pitt game or the SB, where some acted like the D was so horrendous across 4 qtrs, `was BETTER and did more to turn the tide of the game than the offense did. Absolute fact. When your D is constantly setting up your supposed great offense over and over to at least put up a FG, that means the D was doing something to help.  If they aren't allowing TDs and keeping the big 3 WRs in front of them, not allowing the RBs to dictate in NY's gameplan, this is success. Is it perfection? No. Now, we see people complaining that the D didn't generate their usual 2 INTS per game?  I mean, really?  How dumb is that?  Let's line up the entire D up against the wall and bring in a firing squad because they didn't get the bounces on some fumbles.  How dare they not get two INTS!  How dare they!  lol Ellis Hobbs picked Eli Manning in SB 42, but what did that do?  See the pattern here?

Russ,
    Nothing happened to me, I'm just trying to remain objective.
    While I do agree some of the blame lies with the O for all the reasons previously mentioned, it's just that weighing things equally, I just feel The D hurt more in this case.
    The int, safety, dropped passes and lack of running all hurt. but.....
    The D's inability to stop drives throughout the whole game, IMO, hurt more.
    If you look at results for the whole game and not just a few drives, how can it not?
    For 8 possessions, the D:
    Failed to get a turn over.
    Failed to get even one 3 & out.
    Failed to stop the G's before the 50 yrd line.
    Allowed 21 first downs
    Allowed Eli a 75% completion
    Allowed 134 yrds rushing
    Allowed a minimum of 8 plays /possession
    Allowed a 4 minute & 45 sec time of possession per drive which is double the average.
    Allowed them to score on half their possessions.
    The only thing they did do was limit the G's to 21pts, but that was at the expense of everything else because all those things limited the O's opportunities to score.  They just did.  How could they not?

None of this makes anyone right or wrong, because what it ultimately boils down to is a team loss and there's no disputing that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : Again, you ignore what you don't like and embrace what suits you. Yes, the D allowed about their seasonal average in points. Yes, the O did not score their seasonal average. Obviously when you have Gronk negated you can't replace that kind of performer. But more than that; the D got zero turnovers. The average NFL team gets 1.5 a game. We got just over 2 a game this year. Like it or not that affects the O's production too. As far as the one turnover by the O, that was the norm for the team this year, and that is lower than the league average. So what was the anamoly in this game? No Gronk and no turnovers gained by the D.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Actually all I have done in my previous post is state the facts. What you are doing is offering your opinions. You are also dealing with what if scenarios like "if" BJGE doesn't have a 17 yard run then he would be average. And no the D did not allow their season average they exceeded it by about a FG.

Prolate I admire you taking the time to address my post and offer your opinions as well, a far cry from Babe and his cheap 1 liners.

However read your post again and all you have done is make excuses as to why our offense has under performed in every game. I guess you really like Obrien and you think we have lost nothing in the talent pool of the coaching staff over the years?

I am suggesting that incorporating a run more would be beneficial to this offense and help keep the defense off the field. You seem to agree with that but think that we need a Corey Dillion type back to achieve that. In all you have excused the offense on multiple occasions and basically said the reason they have come up short is due to lack of talent. An offense that averages 34ppg has a talent deficiency?

Excuses. I don't excuse the fact the defense is not what it used to be, but when I see them out perform their norm in post season play(especially with less then spectacular talent) I realize this is in fact a BB coached defense. When I see the offense consistently perform under their capabilities I realize this a poorly coached offense. The talent is good, the game plan to go pass heavy and be one dimensional is bad.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Who has been the better GM in the cap era? I love how you start a thread to deflect away from the painful failures of Tom Brady in the postseason since 2005 in the McDaniels base, and refuse to answer this question within the thread that intends to bash BB. Absolutely priceless. You can't win.  You've been caught at every turn.

This thread isn't here to bash BB. What don't you understand about my saying he is a great coach? You're the one who bashes his coaching constantly.

The GM conversation is another subject.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : 134 yards rushing isn't that offensive as combined yards. NE's D held lead backs to under 80 yards all year except for 2 RBs and only one rushed for over 100 as a lead back (Helu, Skins).  It would have been better to see a better run D in the first half, but NE adjusted on that in the second half, to where their run game didn't do much. Also, Eli threw for under 300 yards.  If you had told me NE's D would hold Jacobs and Bradshaw to a combined 130 and Eli under 300, I would have been thrilled and pointed to a win just by looking at those stats on a statsheet if I was in a coma and missed the SB. I told everyone here BB would aply the SB 25 gameplan to the Giants this time, ironically, which is what he did.  He told his all world veteran SB 25 D that they would allow Thurman Thomas to rush for 100 yards but it would be because they will have executed the gameplan which was to take out Buffalo's aerial attack. Do you know this story?  Guess what? NE's D did this in SB 46.  They did.  They took Cruz out, minimized Manningham and Ballard's production and only Nicks really hurt them. After the first half with a 10-9 lead, NY's run game also vanished. This is like saying NE allowed 130 yards receiving to Terrell Owens, got lucky McNabb was dehydrated and yakking in the huddle, so that stat line is why NE's D played poorly allowing 17 points to Philly in SB 39.  They didn't play poorly at all.  Corey Dillon ran the ball, rested our D and we saw a QB be careful with the ball and be strategic. Do you know what happened to that #12? I'd like to know. It's really irrelevant what Owens's stat line was in that SB because the greater goal (TDs allowed) succeeded. He's what your issue is and what every Brady obsessor's problem is: They can't admit Brady wasn't the better QB.  This is the same thing when your goalie is outplayed by another goalie in hockey or your pitcher underachieves in baseball. Flacco was better than Brady in the AFC Title game. Fact. Truth. Yes, I don't think Flacco is better than Brady, but he was that day.  Nice job by Spikes to give Brady a shot at sealing the deal, but whoops, Brady had no interest in being smart with the ball. He'd rather throw another bad ball, deep.   Also, you've taken the ESPN bait.  You have.  You are Chris Gasper, Mazz, Felger.  They either don't watch the rest of the NFL or leave out facts and contexts to pump an agenda, in their case, the agenda is to attack BB, their mortal enemy, because he doesn't smile at them and give them long quotes to fill their pages.   SF allowed 37 TOP minutes to the Giants in the NFC title game.  All we heard al year long is how fantastic the SF 49er D was and now when NE's D performs similarly or even better than SF's D against the same team, no one says a word.  They actually look to scapegoat the BB-led D because the media has programmed them to do so. Yep. Alex Smith actually outplayed both Eli Manning in that game and Brady in the SB. Truth. I hate to type this stuff, but it's the absolute truth. Alex Smith was a better QB than Tom Brady. I also said give BJGE approx 20 carries, if not more and we beat the GIants. Whoops. Edit: I just re-read your post. You should, too. You sound like a person in need of help.  You just wrote "allowed them to score on half their possessions" and then pretend that somehow means more than only allowing a TD in the first half and two FGS in the second half, before running out of gas due to the bad offense? Really, dude? Please don't insult people's intelligence. You're better than that.

You are insane if you think Alex Smith was better in the NFCG than Brady in the SB or that NE's D outplayed SF's.  If NE's O had performed in the SB like SF's (they went 3 and out on almost 50% of their drives and outside of 2 long pass plays to Vernon Davis did absolutely nothing) you would would have been furious with their performance.  SF's D got laid out to dry by their offense a hell of a lot more than NE's did and they absolutely dominated the Giants who averaged a paltry 3.9 yards per play.  You are insulting the intelligence of anyone who watched both of those games by making these kind of suggestions.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]Umm, SF's D played a bit better in a home game, sure.  But, the points allowed by each team and TOP allowed by each D were essentially the same. Also, the gameplans of each D were different.  Get off the stats.  Use your eyes.

Irony.

In all seriouness though I did use me eyes and I don't think NE's D was anywhere near as dominant as SF's.  If you are going to argue about the safety and INT then you need to also consider that if not for their idiot punt returner SF gives up 7 points.  You can't talk about context in one game and then ignore it in the other.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : Russ, Nothing happened to me, I'm just trying to remain objective. While I do agree some of the blame lies with the O for all the reasons previously mentioned, it's just that weighing things equally, I just feel The D hurt more in this case. The int, safety, dropped passes and lack of running all hurt. but..... The D's inability to stop drives throughout the whole game, IMO, hurt more. If you look at results for the whole game and not just a few drives, how can it not? For 8 possessions, the D: Failed to get a turn over. Failed to get even one 3 & out. Failed to stop the G's before the 50 yrd line. Allowed 21 first downs Allowed Eli a 75% completion Allowed 134 yrds rushing Allowed a minimum of 8 plays /possession Allowed a 4 minute & 45 sec time of possession per drive which is double the average. Allowed them to score on half their possessions. The only thing they did do was limit the G's to 21pts, but that was at the expense of everything else because all those things limited the O's opportunities to score.  They just did.  How could they not? None of this makes anyone right or wrong, because what it ultimately boils down to is a team loss and there's no disputing that.
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

Pezz, not just objective . . . sane and sensible too. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : Actually all I have done in my previous post is state the facts. What you are doing is offering your opinions. You are also dealing with what if scenarios like "if" BJGE doesn't have a 17 yard run then he would be average. And no the D did not allow their season average they exceeded it by about a FG. Prolate I admire you taking the time to address my post and offer your opinions as well, a far cry from Babe and his cheap 1 liners. However read your post again and all you have done is make excuses as to why our offense has under performed in every game. I guess you really like Obrien and you think we have lost nothing in the talent pool of the coaching staff over the years? I am suggesting that incorporating a run more would be beneficial to this offense and help keep the defense off the field. You seem to agree with that but think that we need a Corey Dillion type back to achieve that. In all you have excused the offense on multiple occasions and basically said the reason they have come up short is due to lack of talent. An offense that averages 34ppg has a talent deficiency? Excuses. I don't excuse the fact the defense is not what it used to be, but when I see them out perform their norm in post season play(especially with less then spectacular talent) I realize this is in fact a BB coached defense. When I see the offense consistently perform under their capabilities I realize this a poorly coached offense. The talent is good, the game plan to go pass heavy and be one dimensional is bad.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

Champ.  Neither of us is making excuses for the offense.  We both agree the offense needs to play better.  We just have a difference of opinion on the reasons for the offense not being diverse.  You think the talent allows for more diversity but the game planning is off.  I think the talent doesn't allow for a more diverse game plan.  It's really a matter of which comes first--game plan or talent.  I say talent, you say game plan.  Really, we're quite close on many of our observations, except for a fundamental disagreement about root cause. 

I'm not quite sure where you are on the defense.  I think they're a problem and fixing the defense is even more important than fixing the offense.  You may prefer to fix the offense first.  Fine . . . but please don't tell me you think the defense is okay as it is! You don't mean that, do you?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Russ
    I have no problem saying Eli out performed Brady.
    4 sacks, 6 pass defended, 2 turn overs, and 7 dropped balls all contributed to his 56% completion.
    On the converse,  The 2 passes defended (Moores), 3 sacks and zero TO's, didn't do much to hurt Eli's 75% completion.
    Oh, I don't read Felger or Mazz or any one with an agenda.  They just pizz me off.
    Btw the 49's also lost in Top by almost the same amount.  They also lost the game too.  Maybe there's something to that TOP thing.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Don't try to wiggle out with your last question to TrueChamp.  The D has been rebuilt and ascending. It just needs a few add ons like a moonroof and an airfoil. Don't be coy. The offense was LOADED and the underperformed even with a less than healthy Gronk.  Ochocinco and Edelman weren't even implemented, nor was BJGE.

"Less then healthy Gronk"? You're kidding right? He was rendered by his ankle as if he didn't exist. Fate takes away the best season a TE has ever had from that offense and you give them no mercy for that loss.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB getting the job done as Head Coach? : "Less then healthy Gronk"? You're kidding right? He was rendered by his ankle as if he didn't exist. Fate takes away the best season a TE has ever had from that offense and you give them no mercy for that loss.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

No, no . . . he really likes the way Edelman dominated in the Ravens game.  We didn't even utilize him in the Super Bowl . . . 

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.