Is BelIcheck's EGO hindering the Patriots???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from flip781. Show flip781's posts

Is BelIcheck's EGO hindering the Patriots???

Just read about Charlie Weiss going to K.C....Can't imagine Charlie going to any other club if he was offered a Coordinators job with the Patriots.....Here's betting
    B.B never offered him the position.....After his failure at Notre Dame you would think he would want to be with a perrenial top tier team where he could get all the exposure he would need to keep his name fresh with the Colleges and other pro clubs.....Why go to K.C, where at best they are a rebuilding second tier club that will get almost no national media coverage !!  I hope i'm wrong but it looks like B.B wants to keep running his coaching seminars at the expense of the Patriots....
    Looks like we get another year of Obrien and predictability!! Brady's already hurt, and playing  very ordinary, Welkers out....may never be the same... Things are steadily going downhill since our last Super Bowl victory when we had Weiss and Crenell as Coordinators.....You know those EXPERIENCED coordinators that contributed THEIR OPINION into the play on the field.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

Re: Is BelIcheck's EGO hindering the Patriots???

you are absolutely right

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Hopefully without totally baiting the trollish post I will say this.     

How do you know that Charlie Weis, although friendly with BB, wanted to be under the same shadow and chance getting a stigma that he is only good in BB's type of system.  Being successful on more than one team while working with a variety of coachs lets your abilities show if your trying to move up to the next level.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

It has nothing to do with ego. Competing to hire Weis is the type of distraction that BB is very disciplined in avoiding. Many on these boards may have thrown the towel. Not him. He's still focused on trying to win.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I say we get rid of the bum!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Weis has too much of an ego to go back under BB shadow.  Too many people would question his "greatness" if they had another great run together.  My guess is that he wanted to do it from the ground up so he can eventually get a HC position.

As far as Pees, he is not going anywhere.  He is a Steve Belichick (BB's dad) diciple.  BB will not get rid of this guy.  They had a chance to keep a very good DC in Dom Capers and they did not, so that should answer that question.  I also dont see them getting rid of Obrien unless someone else offers him a better job, which will probaly never happen if he keeps calling game like this.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Belichick has an ego! Holy cow! Can we survive?
    This is like criticizing Michael Moore because he's "biased".
    I seem to recall that we've had several head coaches who qualified as cadavers.
    Is this another case of...give me this instead of that?
    Go Pats!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

I wouldnt want any other coach,but yes there are times that i wonder if its ego,or maybe over confidence that gets in the way of some decisions.there is nothing wrong with haveing confidence in some of the play calling,or players abilities,but you still have to be smart,or safe on some of them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from msniii. Show msniii's posts

don't root for the pats anymore then!  4 superbowls with 3 rings in 10 years. i'll take his 'ego' as you call it, any day of the week. even though i don't always like his decisions, how do we as fans have any right to bash his leadership.
    as patriots fans, we've been spoiled these past 10 years, heck since kraft bought the team we've enjoyed plenty of winning season. so enjoy it, cause one day BB may just not be here and   us as fans will be thinking baseball in januarary instead of playoff football!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Great point guys^^^^....Robert Kraft and Bill Belichick have given NE fans alot to be proud of over the past 10yrs.  Most of us seem to be very spoiled with the success of 3 championships.  It was just yesterday Fred Taylor was talking about how hard it is to just get to the playoffs.  NE may not win every year, but at least we as fans can be confident that this team will make the playoffs and have a potential run.  Its not guarenteed, but it has become a standard for this organization.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Bellichick is preparing for the playoffs. How's it going to look if he's out hiring a new OC. We all want Charlie and Romeo back but let's face it, that was pretty much a pipe dream.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

I know we'd liked to have Weis come back and things to be fixed overnight. It wasn’t to be though. We all miss the dink and dunk methodical drives. They left in 06'. Moss and the deep ball took over in 07' and we have mostly subtracted talent ever since. Fast forward to 09’ and what became the Brady, Moss and Welker show. Welker was the dink but we have no dunk. Edleman broke his arm and missed a big part of the adjustment period throughout the year. Tate was worked in then lost to injury. Galloway, Lewis, and Smith didn’t pan out. That’s a lot of people to work through a system in one year. Also we have 2 RB’s that didn’t stay heathly for the whole year. That’s just what happens with 30 plus backs. Maroney just don’t see the light in the NFL. His backfield dancing early on wasn’t his fault alone (some or most is). But he’s had to make the first guy miss in the backfield plenty of times or just run into the guy that never made a hole. Not to mention that when he comes in we all know it’s a handoff. Now when he gets to the second level and the make a guy miss could work he just runs into him. We let our FB Evans leave and didn’t replace him. He was another back we had relied on for carries as well as lead block. Add to that the Oline has its shortcomings and injury’s.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I don't know where the ego thing comes from.  Ditka, Shula, Rex these guys seem like they have a big ego.  BB seems humble, he always says his opponnents are great and never argues or insults them.  Maybe he didn't want to fire his OC because he takes responsibility for the problems.  Maybe Weiss wanted to make his name somewhere else.  There would have been a huge circus if the Pats hired a new OC while the current OC is coaching in the playoffs.  Then what if the Pats go to the SB do you still fire the OC after getting you there.  If they make any coaching moves it will be after thier season is over.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

koft,

WHAT A TOOL! Did you use both eyes last week watching Welker get hurt, or just the Force? He was hurt when he made the cut on that turf NOT as a result of anyone hitting him. So, yes; he could have gotten just as hurt in this week's coming game via the same manner, or in practice. Or, ar you saying that such injuries can never happen without someone getting hit in a game?

Personally, I would have sat down ALL my starters. The game didn't matter much, and there was not going to be a first round bye. But, there is something to maintaining momentum going into the playoffs. It cracks me up that posters wsill accuse the COlts of a "conspiracy" of "lay down" when they sat everyone in teh 2nd half vs the JESTS! But, no one, after the fact, feels that Welker and the Pats starters should have played last week. Hmmmmm. My conclusion is this: It's OK to sit 'em out when you're NOT playing for an undefeated season.

LEt me know when you leave Pats Nation. No whiners need apply. I hear there's plenty of room on the Raid-uhs, Redskins, Broncos, Chiefs, Browns, and Rams bandwagons. Why, I'll bet they could even squeeze you in in Jacksonville, Detroit, and Seattle. Need the quarter for the call?

QUITCHERBICHIN AND JUST GET OUTTA HERE!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

flip,

ANd I miss penny candy, 10 oz Cokes, and The Three Stooges every afternoon. How much thought did you put into this?

Let's take a good look at what was happening when BB and the Gang came to Ne. Let's see...... they weren't coming off a SB win, a playoff season, nor a divisional win. The Patriot Bus had been slowly driven downhill and off the cliff by the genius Pete C, after The Tuna bailed after the SB loss to the Packers in '96. Kraft saw enough in BB and trusted him to bring in the right folks to run this elevator riding franchise around. So, Charlie and Romeo came into a poor winning record situation and helped turn this franchise to the Glory Road. Now, you're not saying that Charlie's capable enough to do the same thing in Kansas City. Why's that? If that's what you're saying, then there is NO WAY I want a less than capable OC working with my team.

I also miss Ted Williams, Bobby Orr, and Bill Russell.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Flip 781= another brainless bandwagon fan who has no clue about football and doesn't know what it was like before BB came here because he only decided to become a Pats fan after a few Super Bowl wins.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Welker...too bad kid..your coaches ego gat your knee blown out

Leon's an alley-cat, some say-a dirty rat, but on his side He has his Gat, See he's all a' that; Spittin' out blank shots-ohh you'd better bet'cha, Postin' flops-Troll's comin' to get'cha.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

LMFAO!

THE ONLY REASON NE PAYS TO HAVE GUYS LIKE MOSS,WELKER AND BRADY IS TO WIN GAMES-THAT-MATTER...  And tell us, just WHAT are the games that matter? Gaem #9 when you're 7-1 with a 4 game divisional lead? Game #15 AFTER you clinched a playoff spot? Game #16 after clinchign the division AND your tpo WR goes down with a turf related injury? What is your "game that matters"? Are yiou telling us that Welker was going to play the entire game? Think maybe he would have been pulled when Brady was? Or, do you have a crystal ball that told you before it happened that Welker was going to have the turf tear up his knee, and that BB did yet disregarded it? Seems to me you should have been screaming about that when you knew it.

Like your crystal ball, your 20/20 hindsight needs a better window cleaner.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

koft,

you must be a colts fan cause they rest their starters after they clinch and then go NOWHERES in the playoffs. Look at their record. They rest their starters and they lose. They play their starters and they win the Superbowl as a Wildcard team. The Pats play their starters and win. That is what the Pats do.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

I thought you meant the abbreviation EGO....Experience, Gamesmanship and Organizational skills. 

Obviously not.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

koft,

Well, there you have it. When no less an expert like you can actually turn to your friend(s) and utter such brilliance, well, what can I say besides "I hope your Mickey Mouse hat/ears still fits you." You can keep your 1 SB winning Dolts. Just ADMIT you're not a Pats fan.

BTW, I was there at: BU stadium, BC Alumni Field, Fenway Park, Harvard Stadium, Schaeffer Stadium, and still take two trips every year (1 to Foxborough and 1 on teh road) to see the Pats play. You know less about me than you do about teh game.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I didn't think it was BB's EGO that made him have FAITH in his players to execute plays!  I didn't think it was BB's ego that made him go for it on 4th and 2.  I didn't think it was BB's ego that made him start the first string in the game against Houston.  If, as you say, BB's ego is the end all and be all to how the Pats perform, they'd have won the SB every year this decade!  BB's ego is NOT on the field, it is the players and he has confidence in THEM!! It is not his ego!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from k-maxx. Show k-maxx's posts

posted at 1/8/2010 1:19 AM EST
    First: 7/25/2009
    Last: 1/8/2010
    You know the trouble with stating your opinion on these forums is that you feel there will be men who will respond to your statements with intelligent rebuttal..
    Unfortunately it also attracts little girls that resort to name calling cause they feel safe hiding behind a computer.....LITTLE GIRS LIKE EVIL 2009  I can't tell you
    how much that moniker and image you got of yourself really terrorizes everybody on this site .....That alone,  tells everyone on the site you won't go nite nite without your little doll !!!

How about when the juvenile minds attack you with words they don't even know the meaning of like calling critical comments - pessimistic (sad yet funny).

The problem with forums flip is you can't see or chose people to have a discussion with.  If you or I were to walk into a room filled with all the posters on BDC we would probably associate with 5% of them.  That leaves a lot of people out there you wouldn't even look at in real life, let alone have a conversation with.

Unfortunately it is what it is. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Oh flip I'm so insulted by you I'm just in tears. What are you 5 years old. If you weren't some bandwagon know it all twerp you'd  know where my name and picture come from. But the very fact that you choose to cry about them rather than post an intelligent response adressing why head coaches don't need huge egos to be winners. I've been posting here for years while pathetic little whiners like you come and go.