Is Belichick setting up the staff to take over for him

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsGnome. Show PatsGnome's posts

Is Belichick setting up the staff to take over for him

Belichick has used up his extra first round draft pick.  He brought back Josh McDaniels as OC and made Matt Patricia the DC.  

Does bringing back Brian Daboll signal that Bill is tired of being the Patriot's head coach / GM?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Is Belichick setting up the staff to take over for him

Yes

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Nope.  Just a bunch of guys who didn't burn any bridges when they left.  BB is going to be around for a while.  Sleep well.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsGnome. Show PatsGnome's posts

McDaniels would supposedly be made head coach and Daboll would be the new OC.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

BB loves football and coaching. Every interview I have seen with any real info makes it clear he loves every element as much as ever. He will go until either his brain or body fails him. At age 60 he is nowhere close to that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

**SCREAMING** NO!!!!! Why start a thread like this the week before the AFC Championship game? JM is NOT taking over for BB when he ultimately leaves. Daboll will NEVER be the OC here (have you seen the stats from his O's when he was a coordinator?) Gary hit the nil on the head, just a few guys who didn't burn bridges when they left (even though Daboll left with Satan)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

BB is my age. He is looking old and tired. He's a multimillionaire. At this stage 16 hour days get pretty unattractive. The travel takes a toll. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he went into a strictly GM or Prez. kind of mode in the very near future.

He likes McDaniels a lot judging by the great praise he heaped on him when he left and his willingness to hire him. I wouldn't be shocked to see McD inherit the HC job. We all know it won't be Mangini.

If we win another SB any time soon the chances of seeing this scenario unfold go up exponentially I believe.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

I'm going to preface this by saying...I have no idea what BB is thinking.  But I believe from all that I've read about him...he really likes teaching football and building the team each year.  I think a lot of folks don't realize how much he loves drafting.

Could that mean he'd be open to moving upstairs in a GM only capacity?  I'm not sure...

Either way...no one knows and nor will we until he makes a decision one way or the other.  It's just honest conjecture on our parts what will happen.  No harm in that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I too have no idea what's on BB's mind but I'd be shocked if he's setting anything up for him to turn away from coaching.  He truly loves what he does.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

I'd guess its more that he thinks McDaniels may leave after next year and is looking to set up some continuity if that happens. Daboll gets a full year working directly with McDaniels and Brady.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

With Brian Daboll the centerpiece of his collection is now in place.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

With Brian Daboll the centerpiece of his collection is now in place.

[/QUOTE]

Ha ha. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

**SCREAMING** NO!!!!! Why start a thread like this the week before the AFC Championship game? JM is NOT taking over for BB when he ultimately leaves. Daboll will NEVER be the OC here (have you seen the stats from his O's when he was a coordinator?) Gary hit the nil on the head, just a few guys who didn't burn bridges when they left (even though Daboll left with Satan)

[/QUOTE]

^ All day!