Is Big Ben better than Brady

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from akoko. Show akoko's posts

Is Big Ben better than Brady

Normally I won't post this but I can't take this anymore. Merril Hodge said that Big Ben is better than Brady i can understand Aaron Rogers argument but saying that Ben Rothersberger is better than Tom Brady even Anthonio Pierce of SB winning team for NY Giants said that your have to be kidding me. Normally I ignore stuff like this but I can't take it anymore from Merril Hodge remember when TB won the MVP in 2007 he was the same guy that said he won't vote TB for MVP I thought he is been a hater as a matter of fact he has said many things about the PATS which I ignore I just can't take this anymore is this guy a hater or just dumb or naive your thoughts.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Is Big Ben better than Brady

well this is a what have you done for me lately league, and big ben rapelisberger outplayed brady BY FAR on sunday...on sunday he was the better qb, but overall he is nowhere near brady, nobody in the nfl is right now...rodgers may be up there with montana, brady, marino, etc.. at the end of his career....but big ben will be remembered for winning superbowls because of historic defenses...plus new englands secondary is like wet toilet paper, we havent shut down one qb all year so big bens performance isnt all that impressive considering they had the ball for 2/3 of the time

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Yesterday he was but career wise he isn't and he never will be.  I mean really, the guy is a rapist.

Tom Brady is certainly the best of the past decade and he maybe the best to ever throw a football in the NFL.  Go back over the record fro Christ's sake.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Ben played better then Brady yesterday because he faced a far inferior defense.

Really, Brady did not play bad, he had a good completion percentage, did not throw any picks, and took them down and scored at the end. For all you guys may cry about wanting to run the ball, face it, they got stuffed every time they tried, setting up bad spots for the offense, where the Steelers could bring heat on Brady. The penalties on the O-Line early on killed them too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Ben is better at cornering an innocent girl in a sleazy bar bathroom.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from HaverhillBob. Show HaverhillBob's posts

Not a chance.  Although he does seem to be able to take a hit and still play at a high level.  Brady, not so much.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

AJ Feeley outplayed Drew Brees yesterday. Therefore, Feeley must be better than Brees.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from HaverhillBob. Show HaverhillBob's posts

In Response to Re: Is Big Ben better than Brady:
    [QUOTE]Ben played better then Brady yesterday because he faced a far inferior defense. Really, Brady did not play bad, he had a good completion percentage, did not throw any picks, and took them down and scored at the end. For all you guys may cry about wanting to run the ball, face it, they got stuffed every time they tried, setting up bad spots for the offense, where the Steelers could bring heat on Brady. The penalties on the O-Line early on killed them too.
    Posted by FishTaco64[/QUOTE]

I agree.  Brady played just fine.  It wasn't his best game, but he didn't turn the ball over and when the receivers were open, he hit them. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

ah.. no

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]AJ Feeley outplayed Drew Brees yesterday. Therefore, Feeley must be better than Brees.
    Posted by kevin13130[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

I hate Rapistberger but you can't deny that he is a very good QB and has a knack for finding ways to win games.  To say he is better than Brady is ridiculous.

And for the record, you can't really go by stats when comparing QB's now a days against guys from 10+ years ago because the league is so much more of a pass friendly league.  Eli Manning has put up 4,000 yds twice and is on his way to a third, Joe Montana never did.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

Hoge was talking about who is playing the best right now.  Ben IS playing better than Brady right now.....Brady hasn't been effective lately, but he also doesn't have the defense on the other side of the ball to help him out.  Looking at the larger body of work - Brady is better...but who cares?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

[QUOTE]These guys have memories that go back a week.  Next month somebody else is the best.  It's all BS, this week this guy was better than Brady, the next week another guy.  Joe Montana wasn't the best QB every week of every season.  It's idiot logic.  Ben's a great QB, if he retires today nobody with a lick of sense will put him above Brady. 
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE

Amen!  I think this is where ESPN is toxic.  We've built up these legends of the past as if they never had 2-3 bad games in a row.  Today's players are scrutinized by 15 different tv shows, asked whats wrong if they dont produce great numbers in fantasy football and each week a new "best" player or "best" team is crowned.  I mean, are our attention spans/memories really this short?  The posts on todays Pats boards are making me think so.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In Response to Is Big Ben better than Brady:
    [QUOTE]Normally I won't post this but I can't take this anymore. Merril Hodge said that Big Ben is better than Brady i can understand Aaron Rogers argument but saying that Ben Rothersberger is better than Tom Brady even Anthonio Pierce of SB winning team for NY Giants said that your have to be kidding me. Normally I ignore stuff like this but I can't take it anymore from Merril Hodge remember when TB won the MVP in 2007 he was the same guy that said he won't vote TB for MVP I thought he is been a hater as a matter of fact he has said many things about the PATS which I ignore I just can't take this anymore is this guy a hater or just dumb or naive your thoughts.
    Posted by akoko[/QUOTE]

Hodge said this a long time ago, he placed him above ALL other QB s including Manning and Brady and Rodgers. Hodge was hired to counsel Rothersberger while he was on his game suspension, so I think that colors his opinion.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

These guys have memories that go back a week.  Next month somebody else is the best.  It's all BS, this week this guy was better than Brady, the next week another guy.  Joe Montana wasn't the best QB every week of every season.  It's idiot logic. 

Ben's a great QB, if he retires today nobody with a lick of sense will put him above Brady. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

[QUOTE]Ben is better at cornering an innocent girl in a sleazy bar bathroom.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Agreed, did you hear that Ben wants to coach high school ball once his career is over?  Who in their right mind would let this guy anywhere near a high school football team with cheerleaders running around?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

LOL, NO

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from akoko. Show akoko's posts

[QUOTE]Hoge was talking about who is playing the best right now.  Ben IS playing better than Brady right now.....Brady hasn't been effective lately, but he also doesn't have the defense on the other side of the ball to help him out.  Looking at the larger body of work - Brady is better...but who cares?
    Posted by jeffab[/QUOTE]

Even though right now he is not playing better than Brady overall QBR, completion, even yard per game he is not so better to Merrill Hodge argument it is not even close sorry sir he is not better just check the season stas even touch down Brady has more

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Big Ben better than Brady : I agree.  Brady played just fine.  It wasn't his best game, but he didn't turn the ball over and when the receivers were open, he hit them. 
    Posted by HaverhillBob[/QUOTE]
    Didn't he fumble on their last series?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Truthfully Ben is a darn good QB, but he's no Brady...few will ever be.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from chen12. Show chen12's posts

roethlisberger is a good QB, his "backyard" playing style is working only because he has the physical tools, but until he can read defenses, making good decisions quickly, he's not even close to brady. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Phillipston. Show Phillipston's posts

Since 2001:

Brady and/or Bledsoe
    Brady and/or Warner
    Brady and/or Manning
    Brady and/or McNabb
    Brady and/or Rivers
    Brady and/or Brees
    Brady and/or Sanchez
    Brady and/or Rogers

Now its Brady and/or Ben, again.  What is the common denominator?  I dare any true fan of the game to try and substitute Ben for Brady for any of the opposing QB's best years against Brady's career.  How do you think the Pats would have finished in each of those years?  Is there a common denominator for Big Ben that's identical to Brady's?  I don't think there is.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Seriously???  Off of a one game defeat of the Pats...!!!  Hoge is a Steelers homer, plain and simple!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Is Big Ben better than Brady:
    [QUOTE]Normally I won't post this but I can't take this anymore. Merril Hodge said that Big Ben is better than Brady i can understand Aaron Rogers argument but saying that Ben Rothersberger is better than Tom Brady even Anthonio Pierce of SB winning team for NY Giants said that your have to be kidding me. Normally I ignore stuff like this but I can't take it anymore from Merril Hodge remember when TB won the MVP in 2007 he was the same guy that said he won't vote TB for MVP I thought he is been a hater as a matter of fact he has said many things about the PATS which I ignore I just can't take this anymore is this guy a hater or just dumb or naive your thoughts.
    Posted by akoko[/QUOTE]

Hey, at the end of the year they give the winning team a trophy.  It's the Lombardi.  All the other stuff, whatver.  They will put you on a pedestal, then rip you off, then put you back on again endlessly.  I can remember up until 04 Brady was a "game manager"  (supposed to be an insult) who couldn't throw over 20 yards.  Whatever.  The only thing that matters is the Lombardi.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Is Big Ben better than Brady : Hey, at the end of the year they give the winning team a trophy.  It's the Lombardi.  All the other stuff, whatver.  They will put you on a pedestal, then rip you off, then put you back on again endlessly.  I can remember up until 04 Brady was a "game manager"  (supposed to be an insult) who couldn't throw over 20 yards.  Whatever.  The only thing that matters is the Lombardi.  
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]
    and Brady has THREE SB rings to his credit.. regardless of how the next few years go..  a VERY select few can say that!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

Brady is like 6-2 Vs PIT, right? Is this a serious quesstion?? Yes Ben was better then Brady on THIS Sunday, Thats it. Come on people. This is a dumb Question. Its like me asking if Sanchez is better then Brady after the Jets beat the Pats. Come on guys. Really?? Wow.