Is Bill Belichick in need of HELP? This is Crazy!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BloodnGutz. Show BloodnGutz's posts

Is Bill Belichick in need of HELP? This is Crazy!

OK, before anyone goes Bombs Away insane lets just look at some facts here ok?

1) 5 running backs, (2 on pre injury watch, 1 a 3rd downer, 1 inept dancer, and 1 hopeful)...................isnt it time to just get 2 real running backs for Gawd sakes?

2) NO rushing linebackers......enough said about that.

3) Receivers- finally stacked.

4) Secondary is a constant question in progress.

Once again the so called Genius of Defense cant seem to put a decent defense together.  Sorry folks, you can hate on me all you want but these are just simple truths.        No Im not saying take the Kool-Aid, Im just saying  this seems rather ridiculous for a guy that lives and breaths DEFENSE!

I still think BB takes on too much and it now shows more than ever. You have to have other input in order to reach a common goal. Yes thank Gawd we still have Brady, and now a great looking offense, but hwo far will that go with a defense that is in question every week?

All Im saying is for a guy hailed as a Genius, he seems to be having some very big problems. I hope for the best but facts are facts and once again, this defense is going to be a year long project in motion.  Too many games are going to come down to who has the ball at the last 2 minute drill.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: Is Bill Belichick in need of HELP? This is Crazy!

In Response to Is Bill Belichick in need of HELP? This is Crazy!:
    [QUOTE]OK, before anyone goes Bombs Away insane lets just look at some facts here ok? 1) 5 running backs, (2 on pre injury watch, 1 a 3rd downer, 1 inept dancer, and 1 hopeful)...................isnt it time to just get 2 real running backs for Gawd sakes?

LOL, great descriptions

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Please refrain from being a dumb@ss troll until AFTER week 1 at least.

And right after you said "let's look at some facts", I got excited but later, I realize you brought zero facts to the table; just mindless drivel coming from a jealous troll fan.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Gutz- What should they do about the running game? Trade picks away to pick up mediocore running back?

After this season the running game is going to go through a complete overhaul.  Taylor and Morris will probably retire.  Maroney will not be resigned.  Faulk may retire also.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Is Bill Belichick in need of HELP? This is Crazy!:
    [QUOTE] After this season the running game is going to go through a complete overhaul. Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

I would hope so, get some fresh yong strong bulls

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

While some of BB's move seem questionable right now, you must remember that there still could be a few more moves to be made.  Lot's of moving parts today and it would shock me if the Pats didn't sign a few cuts.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

You're hating on my Koolaid rants? Dude I never said anything as bold as this!! HA, your gonna get hit hard for this one...Real hard:(

Truth is no one can be surprised by anything Belichick does, this day of cuts being one of them. Really the people he let go are not very good (unlike their banner years). Unfortunately there also is players still on the squad that are not very good either, but you have a coach that can cover up for their lack of talent. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Relax Koolaiders. Take a deep breath and a big sip...Now enjoy. Once it hits your lips it just so gooood!! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Do we have multiple personalities going on?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

......... what s*cks is someone is going to use the misused T word.. dare i say it. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Guys, guys, guys...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

BloodnGutz, hope your wearing your hard helmet.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZachRudy. Show ZachRudy's posts

Running game should be all right.  Grunk and Crump + a pulling Connolly looked pretty good in preseason game 1 and 2.  Not to mention Grunk, Crump and Hernandez can catch, allowing for bubble screens and play action.  We can also spread it wide with little to no substitution = making it hard for opposing defenses to maintain the correct personnel. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

the OP has described every Patriot team since BB got here

1)Old injury prone RBs and Kevin Faulk? Check
     2)No Rushing linebackers? Check 
     3)WR position stacked? (That depends on the year)
     4)  Secondary is a constant question in progress? Check 

Tell me one year when we havn't had at least 3 out of the four issues mentioned by the OP 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

They cut 3 of their 2010 picks today. 

One thing I can say that has annoyed me the last few years:  stockpiling 5th, 6th round picks by constantly trading down.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]  the OP has described every Patriot team since BB got here    1)Old injury prone RBs and Kevin Faulk? Check  2)No Rushing linebackers? Check   3)WR position stacked? (That depends on the year)  4)  Secondary is a constant question in progress? Check   Tell me one year when we havn't had at least 3 out of the four issues mentioned by the OP 
    Posted by Mungomunro[/QUOTE]

The OP and you also forgot to mention that since BB has been here we've also had 3 parades. You, as well as Leon aka BloodyGutz, are both clowns. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The running back crew is a great bunch as long as they're on the field. 
    Fred Taylor is 34
    Kevin Faulk is 34
    Sammy Morris is 33
    Laurence Maroney is only 25 but he runs upright, so he'll get injured.
    That leaves Benny the Law Firm as the only truly healthy running back.  Hey Benny, bring me a six-pack while you're up.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The second rushing linebacker is Cunningham.  He was on the first team in practice.  He injured his ankle so that no one around the NFL has seen him rush.  Now he's at least stretching with the active players and should be on the field for Cincinnati.  That will be the very first time anyone has seen him in action at the NFL level.

Reports have it that Cunningham has an explosive first step.  He has his swim and rip moves down.  He's at 260 pounds so he can bull rush too.  He has extra long arms so that he can keep would-be tacklers off of his body and shed them.

So the answer is, a completely unknown guy is going to show up and he's apparently going to impress.  Almost no NFL-level tape on the guy!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]OK, before anyone goes Bombs Away insane lets just look at some facts here ok? 1) 5 running backs, (2 on pre injury watch, 1 a 3rd downer, 1 inept dancer, and 1 hopeful)...................isnt it time to just get 2 real running backs for Gawd sakes? 2) NO rushing linebackers......enough said about that. 3) Receivers- finally stacked. 4) Secondary is a constant question in progress. Once again the so called Genius of Defense cant seem to put a decent defense together.  Sorry folks, you can hate on me all you want but these are just simple truths.        No Im not saying take the Kool-Aid, Im just saying  this seems rather ridiculous for a guy that lives and breaths DEFENSE! I still think BB takes on too much and it now shows more than ever. You have to have other input in order to reach a common goal. Yes thank Gawd we still have Brady, and now a great looking offense, but hwo far will that go with a defense that is in question every week? All Im saying is for a guy hailed as a Genius, he seems to be having some very big problems. I hope for the best but facts are facts and once again, this defense is going to be a year long project in motion.  Too many games are going to come down to who has the ball at the last 2 minute drill.
    Posted by BloodnGutz[/QUOTE]

The defense is a question every week yet they haven't played ONE meaningful game yet?  Year after year you types come and go, gloom & doom... yet somehow every season BB just keeps on piling up AFC East titles and gets a legit shot at a Super Bowl ring.

Why don't the jello knee'd nancies go root for the Colts... Our defense looks nice considering this and last season were a rebuilding year and our offense will be tops in the NFL provided O'Brian calls a well balanced game.  Every year we're in the hunt for hardware, this season will be no different. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

[QUOTE]OK, before anyone goes Bombs Away insane lets just look at some facts here ok? 1) 5 running backs, (2 on pre injury watch, 1 a 3rd downer, 1 inept dancer, and 1 hopeful)...................isnt it time to just get 2 real running backs for Gawd sakes? 2) NO rushing linebackers......enough said about that. 3) Receivers- finally stacked. 4) Secondary is a constant question in progress. Once again the so called Genius of Defense cant seem to put a decent defense together.  Sorry folks, you can hate on me all you want but these are just simple truths.        No Im not saying take the Kool-Aid, Im just saying  this seems rather ridiculous for a guy that lives and breaths DEFENSE! I still think BB takes on too much and it now shows more than ever. You have to have other input in order to reach a common goal. Yes thank Gawd we still have Brady, and now a great looking offense, but hwo far will that go with a defense that is in question every week? All Im saying is for a guy hailed as a Genius, he seems to be having some very big problems. I hope for the best but facts are facts and once again, this defense is going to be a year long project in motion.  Too many games are going to come down to who has the ball at the last 2 minute drill.
    Posted by BloodnGutz[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

View Image

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

I question us keeping only 4 OLB's but nothing else.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan1033. Show Patsfan1033's posts

I have to admit I was a little surprised by some of the cuts (Burgess in particular) but, after thinking about it they seem to make sense...and remember you have to cut/waive some of the younger guys prior to getting them back for the practice squad (Ohrnberger, Larsen, Welch, Bussey, Meyers and etc.).

As far as Burgess, Aiken, Alexander and Woods, by sticking with and playing younger guys at their positions are you really losing anything? Did you watch any of the pre-season games, these older guys were terrible and you can only stay with them for so long. If a guy is equal in talent and etc., always go with youth and speed, sometimes depending on the position experience is overrated. Burgess was horrendous vs. the Giants, looked like he was just going through the motions!

I do question keeping Slater over Jenkins (who will probably be brought back if not claimed) and the only reason Sanders (horrible in pass coverage, zone/man it doesn't matter, he's way too slow) is still on the team is because McGowan's hurt, although Sergio Brown would have been nice to keep and I'm sure he gets brought back to the practice squad if not claimed by another team.

Also, as far as keeping only 4 OLB's, they moved Guyton around and I bet they use him to come off the edge in certain situations (he'll be the 5th if they don't trade for someone else), he's big and fast and will be a good pass rusher!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Blood----I agree....It is the end of the Patriots season as we know it......

Time to jump off the badwagon!  Pledge alligence to another franchise! 

You could write a letter to Robert Kraft expressing your displeasure with the team the past few years.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BloodnGutz. Show BloodnGutz's posts

[QUOTE]I have to admit I was a little surprised by some of the cuts (Burgess in particular) but, after thinking about it they seem to make sense...and remember you have to cut/waive some of the younger guys prior to getting them back for the practice squad (Ohrnberger, Larsen, Welch, Bussey, Meyers and etc.). As far as Burgess, Aiken, Alexander and Woods, by sticking with and playing younger guys at their positions are you really losing anything? Did you watch any of the pre-season games, these older guys were terrible and you can only stay with them for so long. If a guy is equal in talent and etc., always go with youth and speed, sometimes depending on the position experience is overrated. Burgess was horrendous vs. the Giants, looked like he was just going through the motions! I do question keeping Slater over Jenkins (who will probably be brought back if not claimed) and the only reason Sanders (horrible in pass coverage, zone/man it doesn't matter, he's way too slow) is still on the team is because McGowan's hurt, although Sergio Brown would have been nice to keep and I'm sure he gets brought back to the practice squad if not claimed by another team. Also, as far as keeping only 4 OLB's, they moved Guyton around and I bet they use him to come of the edge in certain situations, he big and fast and will probably be a good pass rusher!
    Posted by Patsfan1033[/QUOTE]
    I agree with you that many of the ones let go should have been, in fact they should never have been taken. My point her eis that without the right people surrounding BillB as in the past, he is showing very poor signs at drafting and bringing players to the Patriot team.  after 3 years Maroney should hav ebeen gone, period. All he has done is dig a deeper hole with these late round picks and its showing. Yes the Patriots have 3 Super Bowl wins, thats the past......Lets talk about this weeks team and stop the ...oh but BB knows what he's doing. It doesnt seem that way sorry!

Sections
Shortcuts