Is Bob Sanders Done?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Is Bob Sanders Done?

There are reports that the rehab on Bob Sanders' shoulder and biceps is going very slow...and that his football career may be coming to an end: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/19/report-bob-sanders-might-never-be-able-to-play-football-again/ 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Re: Is Bob Sanders Done?

In Response to Is Bob Sanders Done?:
         There are reports that the rehab on Bob Sanders' shoulder and biceps is going very slow...and that his football career may be coming to an end: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/19/report-bob-sanders-might-never-be-able-to-play-football-again/  
    Posted by TexasPat3

Too bad for sanders, good on us. As I remember, we b*tch slap the colts whenever sanders was absent from their defensive backfield. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

In Response to Is Bob Sanders Done?:
    Posted by TexasPat3

Well, considering the Colts got worked in the SB by a much better team, I'd say they have alot of work to do. 31 points in the SB is alot and considering their sorry QB only managed to lead his team to 17 points in the biggest game of his life, this spells trouble. Bob Saunders was a great player. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Its a valid question.  Certainly there was expectation that Sanders would return from his torn biceps muscle, but it is Bob Sanders we are talking about. 

As for busts, I don't know how a dpoy could be considered a bust by nearly any measure, then I realized it was Rusty saying this. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Bob Sanders is a very good player, who makes their entire D play better "when" he is on the field.  He is definitely injury prone though.  I take a hard line position that injury prone players aren't worth it, no matter how good they are when they are on the field.  You simply can't count on them being in any particular game.  They are a roll of the dice.  No player can make a single tackle, run a single yard, catch a single pass, or throw a single pass when they are on the sideline injured.

The Pats have had their own fair share of injury prone players too.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Is Bob Sanders Done?:
    In Response to Is Bob Sanders Done? : Well, considering the Colts got worked in the SB by a much better team, I'd say they have alot of work to do. 31 points in the SB is alot and considering their sorry QB only managed to lead his team to 17 points in the biggest game of his life, this spells trouble. Bob Saunders was a great player. 
    Posted by jbolted

yeah that's how we saw/see it. if only coltsbabe and her dogggg would believe it too

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

too bad...never wish to see an injury end a guy's career...good luck bob in your future ventures

too bad crusty still acts like a jilted lover when talking about any non-pats player

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

If they are a thug or a punk, yes, I may not like a non-Pats player for that reason, yes. In this case Sanders is not a punk, but I would be really disappointed if I was a Colts fan. This guy has been paid millions for barely playing. Have a problem with facts and comprehension today, too, JimmyJackHimOff?
    Posted by russgriswold

wow, you wouldnt know class if it stuck its boot in your as.s

by all indication...bob sanders was a good football player who played great in a playoff season and then had injuries that prevented him from ever really playing again...its not like the guy had a hang nail and decided to take a couple of weeks off

you truly are a pathetic excuse for a human being

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Says the guy who is a Dolphins fan constantly posting junk on this board as a resident troll. 
    Posted by russgriswold

and yet you seem to be the only one really up by this...i guess being polite and civil do have their advantages

but polite and civil are things that small children dont grasp very well

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Hes played what 10 games in the last 3 years?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Sanders? Not bad for a midget on the JUICE...which is probably why he's getting hurt so much and can't heal properly.......Colt cheating, Colt Cheating...lmao
    Posted by jfaust1954

You can certainly speculate, unlike Roidney HGHarrison where we all just know for sure.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

The guy's great when he plays.  You have to be to earn DPOY, but even I have had concerns and have said so on this board. 

The good news is that he took a pay cut which I did not know.  I don't blame Polian because he paid him 1 week before he was named DPOY.  I'd imagine the pats would have done the same.  Its obvious that he has not lived up to the contract. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Russ...typically i support what your saying, but being hurt and being a good player don't go hand in hand. There were plenty of good , bad and mediocre players who were hurt over their career. Just because Sanders only played 50% of the snaps over the last 3-4 years, doesn't mean he isn't good. When he is healthy, I think he is one of the top 5-7 safeties in the league. can't control being hurt and unable to play..just ask Crable.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

The Colts, and Sanders' agent, Tom Condon, deny that Sanders has any new injury issues...or that his contract was renegotiated. Obviously, someone is lying here. Notice how the Colts have responded that "nothing has changed since June", while Condon's response was that there are "no new injury issues". While both are technically correct...Sanders has no no knew injury issues, and nothing has changed since June. Neither comments directly address Mike Lombardi's claim that Sanders isn't responding well to treatment, for his old injuries.

Sounds like an answer that Underdogggg would give! If Sanders was 100% healthy, why not simply come out and say that? http://www.indystar.com/article/20100719/SPORTS03/100719029/1004/SPORTS/Bob-Sanders-agent-Contract-not-renegotiated

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

In Response to Re: Is Bob Sanders Done? : HGH is sold in stores and not deemed anywhere near an anabolic steroid by the FDA. Nice try, though.
    Posted by russgriswold

And people say I will defend the colts to no end.  Wow.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

I don't know about you guys, but I'd imagine most colts fans have viewed Sanders return with a bit of a "show me" attitude.  I know I have.  We always hope for the best, but are thankful to have Bullitt ready to go.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Ok Tas so what you are saying is that we should incriminate Sanders for something none of us know and give Harrison a pass because he copped to actually doing it?  

Makes sense to Rusty. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Harrison already payed the penalty for what he did so he hasn't got a free pass and has been ripped plenty in the media for doing it... If I was Sanders I'd be doing everything I could fit in my body as long as I wasn't going to get caught. He's going to need it to take down Brady now that he's MMA Training. I'd like to see Brady hitting the juice too. He's been getting beat up the last couple of years and that could keep him healthy a little longer.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

good point e. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rabbrandy. Show rabbrandy's posts

He was great when he could play but he has had so many different types of injuries that it's doubtfull that he would ever be durable to play an entire season. with age players only get more fraile.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

good point e. 
    Posted by underdoggggg

You have to keep up some how. It would be pretty Naive to think that 40-50 % of the NFL wasn't taking something. Especially on defense. I don't hold it against any of them but they should be smart enough at this point to do the stuff that can't be detected so they don't hurt their team.. Everybody likes watching guys like Ray Lewis make hits. I'm actually surprised you didn't bring up Welker's speedy return as being suspect.Maybe he'll be beefed up like Superfly Snuka by the time camp comes around.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Sure he is, at least the midget on Roids got Napolians money first.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Sure he is, at least the midget on Roids got Napolians money first.
    Posted by Tcal2

LOL, great post

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1023us. Show m1023us's posts

The guy was good when he was on the field....this would be a huge blow to Indy....

now they have Wayne holding out......LOL!