Is Brady missing a lot of passes this year?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Is Brady missing a lot of passes this year?

Very objectively, I am beginning to wonder whether TB is missing a lot of passes this year.  Is it him?  Are so many of those near misses passes he used to hit, before the bog injury?  I'm juts not seeing the big pasting hits to Moss; the perfect passes to anyone, except Welker (who catches everything).  If this is the best TB can do from here on, I would offer thsat the Pats consider other QB options, rather than over-invest in a QB who appears to be more interested in headline fodder (e.g. girlfriend) these days.

It used to be the opposing teams were afraid to hand the ball over to TB, fearing that he would control the clock; end the game.  Now, the Pats are afraid to keep the ball and twice as afraid to have their defense keep many mediocre teams from  finishing them off in the last quarter/half/game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Re: Is Brady missing a lot of passes this year?

Yes, but he's only human.

I'd pinpoint the lack of a pass rush as a bigger problem for this team right now.  They can't get after the quarterback regardless of how many rushers they send.  They can't win one-on-one matchups.

It's costing the secondary, which is barely good enough to hold coverage for more than 3-4 seconds on a regular basis.  If the QB is in the pocket for 5 seconds, the defense needs to make them pay.

If you look at the Chargers, Colts, Bengals, Broncos, Eagles, Vikings, Saints - they're all teams against whom QB's know that they have to get rid of the ball after 4 seconds.

Against the Patriots, QBs can bust out a Snicker's bar and dehungerize because it's going to be a while until the pass rush gets near them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Most if not all of the teams noted above have a premier pass rusher or two who can beat the man in front of him without extra help or schemes.

Vikings - Jared Allen, Pat Williams, Kevin Williams
    Broncos - Elvis Dumervil, Trevor Pryce
    Colts - Dwight Freeney, Robert Mathis
    Saints - Will Smith
    Chargers - Shaun Phillips, Shawne Merriman

The Bengals had Antwan Odom until he tore his Achilles.  The Eagles have the late Jim Johnson's exotic blitz playbook.

The Pats have Tully Banta-Cain and Derrick Burgess.  'nuff said.

Credit K-Max for inspiring this post

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

There is a stat that will tell you this.  Completion percentage

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

Is it possible that this coaching staff doesnt know how to utilize the players that we do have?  Adalius Thomas was very good in Baltimor.  Derick Burgess led the NFL in sacks only  a few years ago.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

In Response to Re: Is Brady missing a lot of passes this year?:
    [QUOTE]There is a stat that will tell you this.  Completion percentage
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

FYI: I was pointing at the near misses...at crucial times.  Completion percentage can be watered down a bit for evaluating this general stat.

In my opinion, Brady has been missing the long throws more than he appears to be hitting them.  Aside from the fact that teams worry about Moss (e.g. double coverage), he cannot not be effective if TB cannot hit him with a catchable pass.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

In Response to Re: Is Brady missing a lot of passes this year?:
    [QUOTE]Yes, but he's only human. I'd pinpoint the lack of a pass rush as a bigger problem for this team right now.  They can't get after the quarterback regardless of how many rushers they send.  They can't win one-on-one matchups. It's costing the secondary, which is barely good enough to hold coverage for more than 3-4 seconds on a regular basis.  If the QB is in the pocket for 5 seconds, the defense needs to make them pay. If you look at the Chargers, Colts, Bengals, Broncos, Eagles, Vikings, Saints - they're all teams against whom QB's know that they have to get rid of the ball after 4 seconds. Against the Patriots, QBs can bust out a Snicker's bar and dehungerize because it's going to be a while until the pass rush gets near them.
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]

+1