Is Brady really only the 9th best QB right NOW as ESPN says?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

Is Brady really only the 9th best QB right NOW as ESPN says?

saw NFL Countdown on Tueday evening where some guy was rattling off the BEST qbs based strictly on performance at this time! believe it was the immortal trent dilfer. from memory, he had kyle orton at #5, peyton at #1, Eli at #4, flacco at #8, palmer was #10, aaron rodgers was #6, drew brees was #3, Favre was
    #2.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Re: Is Brady really only the 9th best QB right NOW as ESPN says?

Think of your source bubbakilla, Then ask yourself, "WHY am I even looking at sports-related topics found on the worst sports-related web-page/network, EdiorsScr#wPatriotNation...?"  If it's because your internet's in some way broken, OR because you want today's anti-patriot fodder for fuel because yours and ours Patriots just dismantled an NFL franchise in last week's Titan's Game and so there's nothing really critical to find about N.E. that's trully "newsworthy", well...that's one thing, and so I therefore can understand your angst...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from flip781. Show flip781's posts

In Response to Is Brady really only the 9th best QB right NOW as ESPN says?:
    saw NFL Countdown on Tueday evening where some guy was rattling off the BEST qbs based strictly on performance at this time! believe it was the immortal trent dilfer. from memory, he had kyle orton at #5, peyton at #1, Eli at #4, flacco at #8, palmer was #10, aaron rodgers was #6, drew brees was #3, Favre was #2.
    Posted by bubbakilla
    ASK ANY OF THOSE MORONS IF THEY WOULDN'T TRADE ANY ONE OF THOSE "BETTER PERFORMING QUARTERBACKS" FOR BRADY ???? HALF THOSE FOOLS NEED ADULT SUPERVISION WHEN THEY'RE MAKING THEIR COMMENTS SO I DON'T EVEN PAY ATTENTION TO THEM !!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sebasatwork. Show sebasatwork's posts

And why would anyone care?!?!? The journalists are using Brady (and Pats) for headlines in any way possible…rusted, inaccurate, brilliant, running up the score.

“Let’s just do our job and move on to the next play” - BB

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

Who the hell care about what those momos  @ ESPN think!??!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Someone is still watching ESPEON? Don't the leaves need raking?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

ESPN? does that still exist? I thought they pulled a MTV and dropped sports to make soap ophra's and reality shows

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maz. Show Maz's posts

I wonder if the rest of the country feels the way we do about ESPN?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: Is Brady really only the 9th best QB right NOW as ESPN says?:
    I wonder if the rest of the country feels the way we do about ESPN?
    Posted by Maz

Maz and ALL:

I was over there on The Patriot's Messageboard for awhile before just finally losing it one day and heading back here...Pat's Messageboard is still the most popular and populated board, But the sheer amount of Trolls on that board is roughly equal to Pat's Fans, The Head Troll calls himself "Bostongirl", alas and whom We found out is a Mod, has something like 200,000 Posts or something obscene-"It" just spams the Board all day long, making like she/he/it is a...well, special-ed, intellectually-impaired, whatever the pc term is, -Patriot's Fan...  

Good times for awhile, but like any second-rate amusement park midway, You should leave after you've only thrown 10 dollars in quarters on those glass cups laden with Crisco, and before you get to the crooked water-spraying gun game (sorry, that's the best metaphor I have @ 9 a.m.)... 

of note:  I hear there are people who write articles and things of that nature over there, but I never really saw what could constitue as "journalism" or even "non-journalism, but decent writing", So I just took it as some sort of age of yesteryear gone by...or a fable altogether (like France...or Tarzan).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Laz I'm with you. I use to post here on a regular basis till a couple years back I switched to ESPN. The amount of trolls that infested those boards would make even Leon what to stop being one.

Yes Bostongirl was the worst and yes they were a MoD but I still get a laugh that a MoD had enough free time to make such a char and then make multiple accounts to agree with themselves. I had it with ESPN boards when any post that even dared mention certian trolls names were instantly deleted from the forums no matter what the actual subject matter was

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: Is Brady really only the 9th best QB right NOW as ESPN says?:
    Laz I'm with you. I use to post here on a regular basis till a couple years back I switched to ESPN. The amount of trolls that infested those boards would make even Leon what to stop being one. Yes Bostongirl was the worst and yes they were a MoD but I still get a laugh that a MoD had enough free time to make such a char and then make multiple accounts to agree with themselves. I had it with ESPN boards when any post that even dared mention certian trolls names were instantly deleted from the forums no matter what the actual subject matter was
    Posted by PatsEng

LOL at the "making accounts just to agree with yourself part."  Yea, I kinda miss the carnival and the carnies after posting here for a bit-In the sense after BDC's ANY non-straightforward non-completely football topic gets digressed in 1 single sentence then gets banished to the "Off-the Field Fodder" Dungeon for an eternity (or Neverland altogether)...BUT ya always miss the glittery neon of the fun-house even 2 minutes after you walked out, failing inextrably to recall that ya paid 5 bucks to get in again just to realize the wax made Marilyn Monroe look like she had 27 chins (and ya know, they coulda used it proportionally better on some of her other body parts)...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

I was in a waiting room recently. The TV was playing ESPN. Two other people were having a football conversation based on what was being shown on the TV. They talked as if what they were watching was authoritative. It was the typical talk that I've come to expect in such places like waiting rooms, locker rooms, sports bars ( I haven't been in one in years ), and the living rooms of those who still watch ESPN..."Uhh...our team isn't so good. 
    Whatshisname...they just traded whatshisname...you know...that guy...him...uhh...whatshisname...yeah...him...they traded him. And the coach...whatshisname...you know...that's him...standing there...whatshisname...he's doing a lousy job. We shudda never fired whatshisname...uhh...that other guy. The one we had last year...him...whatshisname." 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rickster6662000. Show Rickster6662000's posts

I don't think he is 9th but do any of you honestly care if anyone rates him the worst QB in the league? As long as he does what is supposed to, I really don't and I suspect neither do Brady and Beliichick

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

I wish tey would have rated him 20th.
    All great motivation for Brady and the team.  Remember, the team was at its best when no one thought they would win it all.  I like it when everyone jumps off the bandwaggon.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Actually I'm glad they rated him #9. That chip on his shoulder was starting to get mighty small the last couple of years, he needed something to get him upset and fired up

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Go back in history....was Starr the higest rated in stats???? far from it.....Bradshaw...far from it.....even Montana....he was solid but there was always some guy who never won anything...during those times whose numbers were thru the roof.  Charley Johnson Sonny Jurgenson in the 60's....Jim Hart Archie Manning Fran Tarkenton in the 70's Fouts in the 80's. 

it's about team first, then about clutch performance.  I'll take Brady right now until proven otherwise.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

You should have had a third choice.....

Who cares what ESPN thinks.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

Brady is no Mark Sanchez.  I mean his 99 passer rating, 12 TDs, 2 Ints and two AFC player of the week selections are nothing next to a guy with a gaudy 57.9 passer rating, plus it's almost impossible to throw 5 Ints in one game but somehow Sanchise finds a way to pull off that miracle.  Move over Brady, you are clearly outclassed here.     

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

Brady is better than Palmer and Rodgers AND better than Orton (although not playing as consistently - YET).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

I find Dilfer to be very knowledgeable and one of the better analysts at ESPN. He isn't into hyperbole and he doesn't seem to be biased. He generally gives his impression of things in a pretty fair manner.

I look at this question as who has performed better through the season. Face it. Brady hasn't performed at a top level in several games and based strictly on this season, he has fallen in those rankings. I don't see Eli as being #4 ever even with his performance against weak team, but that is his opinion.

You should know that when he ranked the QBs at the beginning of the season where their entire careers were part of the analysis, he had Brady and Manning as elite, Brees and Rivers as superstars, Ben, McNabb, Eli, Kurt and Hasselbeck as stars.

I am not really sure why you are getting so bent over his opinion or why you want to misinterpret it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

I was in a waiting room recently. The TV was playing ESPN. Two other people were having a football conversation based on what was being shown on the TV. They talked as if what they were watching was authoritative. It was the typical talk that I've come to expect in such places like waiting rooms, locker rooms, sports bars ( I haven't been in one in years ), and the living rooms of those who still watch ESPN..."Uhh...our team isn't so good.  Whatshisname...they just traded whatshisname...you know...that guy...him...uhh...whatshisname...yeah...him...they traded him. And the coach...whatshisname...you know...that's him...standing there...whatshisname...he's doing a lousy job. We shudda never fired whatshisname...uhh...that other guy. The one we had last year...him...whatshisname." 
    Posted by Yapple

Oh, yeah. Him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

saw NFL Countdown on Tueday evening where some guy was rattling off the BEST qbs based strictly on performance at this time! believe it was the immortal trent dilfer. from memory, he had kyle orton at #5, peyton at #1, Eli at #4, flacco at #8, palmer was #10, aaron rodgers was #6, drew brees was #3, Favre was #2.
    Posted by bubbakilla

"If we just stop jawing out there and do our jobs" BB

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

I find Dilfer to be very knowledgeable and one of the better analysts at ESPN. He isn't into hyperbole and he doesn't seem to be biased. He generally gives his impression of things in a pretty fair manner. I look at this question as who has performed better through the season. Face it. Brady hasn't performed at a top level in several games and based strictly on this season, he has fallen in those rankings. I don't see Eli as being #4 ever even with his performance against weak team, but that is his opinion. You should know that when he ranked the QBs at the beginning of the season where their entire careers were part of the analysis, he had Brady and Manning as elite, Brees and Rivers as superstars, Ben, McNabb, Eli, Kurt and Hasselbeck as stars. I am not really sure why you are getting so bent over his opinion or why you want to misinterpret it.
    Posted by EnochRoot

Is that the same Dilfer that did a piece on roughing the QB and kept calling Wilfork someone else when the whole time you could clearly read his name on his jersey?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

BSPN is unwatchable, the end.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]saw NFL Countdown on Tueday evening where some guy was rattling off the BEST qbs based strictly on performance at this time! believe it was the immortal trent dilfer. from memory, he had kyle orton at #5, peyton at #1, Eli at #4, flacco at #8, palmer was #10, aaron rodgers was #6, drew brees was #3, Favre was #2.
    Posted by bubbakilla[/QU
     ESPN has hated the Patriots since they became successful. Like all the other bleeding hearts in this country, everyone hates a winner. I'm only surprised they didn't have Matt Cassell in front of him too.

Sections
Shortcuts