Is Brady really only the 9th best QB right NOW as ESPN says?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Re: Is Brady really only the 9th best QB right NOW as ESPN says?

In Response to Re: Is Brady really only the 9th best QB right NOW as ESPN says?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady really only the 9th best QB right NOW as ESPN says? : Is that the same Dilfer that did a piece on roughing the QB and kept calling Wilfork someone else when the whole time you could clearly read his name on his jersey?
    Posted by Evil2009[/QUOTE]

I didn't see that segment, but if you are saying he made a mistake and looked dumb doing it then you can pretty well write off everyone who is on TV for a considerable amount of time. It happens.

Try and expand your judgment to include a body of work rather than a specific incident. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Thanks Root, I could have never said such a thing without enormous piling on. 

This has everything to do with Brady working his way back into the game and stumbling a bit.  No sin there.  Last week was a masterpiece even if there was no pass rush on him.  With a slick field and substandard conditions he hit his marks time and again.  Now all he has to do is do it again, and it doesn't even need to be as impressive as last week.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

How many other active QBs are playing with 3 superbowl rings? That's all that matters

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Is Brady really only the 9th best QB right NOW as ESPN says?:
    [QUOTE]How many other active QBs are playing with 3 superbowl rings? That's all that matters
    Posted by magicalhobo[/QUOTE]

What is the difficulty - he is obviously not talking about careers - he is talking about the current state.

Who is playing better right now - Chad Henne or Sonny Jurgenson?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady really only the 9th best QB right NOW as ESPN says? : What is the difficulty - he is obviously not talking about careers - he is talking about the current state. Who is playing better right now - Chad Henne or Sonny Jurgenson?
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

Do you just come on here to rip everyone and try to sound intelligent? No cr@p he's talking about the current state. I just pointed out that Brady has three rings, and no other QB in the league can say they have that. That's what we, as Patriots fans, should care about.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

football is not a game of stats. that's baseball. football is a game of situations and how players deal with those situations. espn is dumb. they love a feel-good story like kyle orton, aaron rodgers, etc.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

[QUOTE]football is not a game of stats. that's baseball. football is a game of situations and how players deal with those situations. espn is dumb. they love a feel-good story like kyle orton, aaron rodgers, etc.
    Posted by FOWLER8196[/QUOTE]

Or Bret Favre...

Really though, that is true to a point. However, they do love their stats. I don't know how many times i've watched ESPN and heard the most useless stats spouted off like they meant something. With the rise of fantasy sports stats are watched even closer than ever.

But they do love their feel good storys. Or tearing players apart a la T.O.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady really only the 9th best QB right NOW as ESPN says? : Do you just come on here to rip everyone and try to sound intelligent? No cr@p he's talking about the current state. I just pointed out that Brady has three rings, and no other QB in the league can say they have that. That's what we, as Patriots fans, should care about.
    Posted by magicalhobo[/QUOTE]

~It sounded brash, but trust me, that is NOT the way Enochroot usually rolls (E-root usually rolls like a homie, and always "keeps his toast closer than most fools keep their own shadow, and he straps for his foes like a saddle,"...but he's usually never rude...

And I see where he's coming from in a way regarding being at the "current state", but root, #9!??  I think in this sense, one (and the author should have) has to weigh-in ALL, or at least more factors, even IF one wants to use this "current state...(THIS year)" thing as the trump-card, People's past, Injury situation (here, Brady, and how he's progressing), and even teammates (no 3rd wideout anybody?), S.O.S...and others...even as smaller factors, Because and/OR After 6 games, roughly 1/3 of 1 single season, This "non-news-article-that's trying to Become-Itself-News" should just anoint Kyle Orton and Eli Manning the 2 Greatest QBs EVER... 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

A.  What's Brady's potential when at the top of his game?  16-0, that's what!

B.  Didn't he just set at least one all-time NFL record last Sunday?  And that was against a team that was the #1 seed in the AFC last January?  How many more NFL records does Brady need?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Only Stat we need to care about is winning!

I believe that any team picking a roster for a team of winners, (If they could pick from any QB in the league, would pick either Manning or Brady. With Brady having a slight edge)

All this ranking is bull - stuff from past QB's who where never in the top 1/2 of the league when they played, means squat

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

Great thread... key words are "right now". dilfer is fair, he was emphasizg right now not the past or overall.. he was kind of just trying to be a bit provocative and call it as it is right now. i am sure in 3 weeks or so, he will realign his views based on facts at that time!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Those same ESPN people used to say he couldn't throw the long ball, either.  And dumb stuff like "as long as the Pats have Bill Bellichick and Tom Brady, they will be contenders".  As far as the rating, who cares?  Only one thing matters.  Win.  Win the division, win the conference, win the Superbowl.  If 07 taught me anything, it is that stats, accolades and behind kissing dont mean anything, if someone elses team is hoisting the Lombardi.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]Those same ESPN people used to say he couldn't throw the long ball, either.  And dumb stuff like "as long as the Pats have Bill Bellichick and Tom Brady, they will be contenders".  As far as the rating, who cares?  Only one thing matters.  Win.  Win the division, win the conference, win the Superbowl.  If 07 taught me anything, it is that stats, accolades and behind kissing dont mean anything, if someone elses team is hoisting the Lombardi.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

VERY well taken point... And with that, I change my mind, WhoTheHe!! cares... Your right, I hope Pats do stay under-the-radar, underappreciated...and subsequently hungry and p#ssed off.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady really only the 9th best QB right NOW as ESPN says? : Jorgensen?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

Christian Adolph "Sonny" Jurgenson

Played QB for the Eagles and the Redskins in the 50's, 60's and 70's

Hall of Fame Inductee

Considered by some to be the purest passer in the game. Considered by Vince Lombardi to be the best he had ever seen.

He probably wouldn't be very good today though.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady really only the 9th best QB right NOW as ESPN says? : ~It sounded brash, but trust me, that is NOT the way Enochroot usually rolls (E-root usually rolls like a homie, and always " keeps his toast closer than most fools keep their own shadow, and he straps for his foes like a saddle ,"...but he's usually never rude... And I see where he's coming from in a way regarding being at the " current state ", but root , #9 !??  I think in this sense, one (and the author should have) has to weigh-in ALL, or at least more  factors, even IF one wants to use this "current state...(THIS year)" thing as the trump-card, People's past, Injury situation (here, Brady, and how he's progressing), and even teammates (no 3rd wideout anybody?), S.O.S...and others...even as smaller factors, Because and/OR After 6 games, roughly 1/3  of 1 single season, This "non-news-article-that's trying to Become- Itself -News" should just anoint Kyle Orton and Eli Manning the 2 Greatest QBs EVER... 
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

Orton actually is playing better than Brady right now (or at least until last week). He has led his team to 6 wins and no losses and has done far more than manage. It was also done against decent opposition - the Pats of course being one of the teams they beat.

I will always have trouble with Eli and can't understand why folks see him as more than he is. Maybe I see him as less than he is? In all honesty, this year his team has been great against teams that have less than 1 win. And he has great stats, but they are hollow. I haven't seen a long drive for a TD so far. It seems that anytime he starts on his side of the field, he can only lead the Jints to a FG. And, he was horrible against the only team they faced with a winning record. 

Also, his stats are propped up by a statistical anomaly. He actually got a perfect passer rating in a game where he went 8-10 for 170 yards. Without that, his passer rating drops into the 90s which, when his competition is considered, is not great.

Oh, and if you want to defend his perfect passer rating, gnaw on this - David Carr, Eli's backup, also had a perfect passer rating. When? Against the Saints when they pulled Manning (Read: Quit). Carr went 4-5 for 72 yds and 1 td. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

like it or not, espn is the only real show around.. atleast nationally! what they say matters! when they praise us, we obviously celebrate it! if they say brady is #1 next week, i'm sure it would b mentioned here... we cant have it both ways!