Is Brady vs Manning the greatest sports rivalry ever?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Is Brady vs Manning the greatest sports rivalry ever?

First off, this is not to discuss who is better, anyone caught discussing which player is better will be severely beaten.

The question is whether the Pats Colts and Brady Manning rivalry is the greatest sports rivalry of all time.  I saw a link a while back breaking down greatest NFL rivalries and making the case that while most of the great rivalries like Young/ Aikman, Marino/Montana, Starr/Unitas, rarely met on the field Manning and Brady meet every year and what tend to be epic games with SB implications. 

Here is the article:  http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/patriots/kerry-byrne/2009/11/10/brady-and-manning-are-world-apart?page=0,0

Furthermore I think it compares to the other sports great rivalries.  Frazier/Ali, Williams/Dimmagio, Bird/Magic.

My second point is that we are pretty lucky to be Pats (or Colts) fans during this era and get to watch such an epic rivalry.  I always imagined it would have been great to be around during the Ali/ Frazier and other great rivalries but I wasn't.  I was a little too young to really see the Bird/Magic rivalry in it's prime.  By the time I was old enough to really understand and appreciate what was going on the players were ending thier careers.  I would imagine being a Celtics and Lakers fan during that time would have been incredible.  People talk about those games 20 years later and you can say "I was there, or I saw that live it was really incredible."

Anyway, what's the best sports rivalry?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Is Brady vs Manning the greatest sports rivalry ever?

Between Bird and Johnson there are 8 rings. 

Between Peyton and Tom there are only 4. And Tom has most of them. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I'd go with Bird and Magic for my Money. Their Rivalry started in college in the NCAA tournament and carried on for a decade in the Pros. I also don't feel the animosity between Brady and Manning like Bird/Magic or Russell/Chamberlain had.Ali Frazier would probably be #2 out of the above mentioned. Frazier still seems to hate Ali or at least he did. I remember when Ali lit the torch in the 1996 Olympics Frazier said, "If I had the chance, I would have pushed him in.”(To the fire)
    That's a good healthy rivalry.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

I have to go with Bird/Magic. Football is my favorite sport, the Pats my team and Brady my favorite QB, BUT that Celts Lakers rivalry was just special on some other level.

Also a factor, Brady and Manning never meet on the field other than to shake hands, Larry and Magic actually PLAYED against each other.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

Brady and Manning do not play against each other, so it has to be someone else. I go with Bird and Magic.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Is Brady vs Manning the greatest sports rivalry ever?:
    First off, this is not to discuss who is better, anyone caught discussing which player is better will be severely beaten. The question is whether the Pats Colts and Brady Manning rivalry is the greatest sports rivalry of all time.  I saw a link a while back breaking down greatest NFL rivalries and making the case that while most of the great rivalries like Young/ Aikman, Marino/Montana, Starr/Unitas, rarely met on the field Manning and Brady meet every year and what tend to be epic games with SB implications.  Here is the article:  http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/patriots/kerry-byrne/2009/11/10/brady-and-manning-are-world-apart?page=0 ,0 Furthermore I think it compares to the other sports great rivalries.  Frazier/Ali, Williams/Dimmagio, Bird/Magic. My second point is that we are pretty lucky to be Pats (or Colts) fans during this era and get to watch such an epic rivalry.  I always imagined it would have been great to be around during the Ali/ Frazier and other great rivalries but I wasn't.  I was a little too young to really see the Bird/Magic rivalry in it's prime.  By the time I was old enough to really understand and appreciate what was going on the players were ending thier careers.  I would imagine being a Celtics and Lakers fan during that time would have been incredible.  People talk about those games 20 years later and you can say "I was there, or I saw that live it was really incredible." Anyway, what's the best sports rivalry?
    Posted by shenanigan

No Question Larry B vs Magic

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Probably Bird vs. Magic. Brady vs. manning a close second 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

I'll go with Bird/Magic because of the college background, the fact that they played head to head so many times and that all those games were meaningful, lots of them being NBA championship games.

Ali/Frazier was probably a more intense rivalry as it was only those three fights.

I did see them all and I'll never forget Frazier's determination, the way he just kept wading in on Ali, even after having been pummelled bloody all night by a dancing Ali. 

There was also a grudge factor there, although Frazier was too much of a gentleman to really bring it out in public. Frazier was very hurt and felt betrayed at the way that Ali constantly baited him, dissed him and made jokes about his plodding "gorilla" manner, after Frazier was one of the few in sports that stuck up for Ali when he was having his draft-dodging troubles, even giving him money when he was broke.

We're not likely to see another Joe Frazier in our lifetime.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from breezer827. Show breezer827's posts

What about Sidney Crosby and Alex Ovechkin? I love it when the Pens play the capitals. The atmospheres at these games make you think that they are playing for the stanley cup. Nothing is better in hockey then a Canadian and Russian playing it out. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

For individual rivalry, nothing supercedes Ali v. Frazier. For those of you not old enough to remember when being the heavyweight champion actually meant something (and there was only one), it's hard to describe. Unclealfie is right. The animosity between these men was palbable. I've often felt that much of Ali's condescension to Frazier -- belittling him as stupid and a "gorilla" -- was pure showmanship, but Frazier hated Ali and I honestly think he was trying to kill him in their third fight.

In team sports, I would have to give the nod, like most of us, to Bird v. Magic. That rivalry defined the NBA for most of a generation (and, sadly, was also its dying breath, in my opinion). Brady v. Manning isn't really a rivalry at all, as they both play offense, and if we turn this into a Pats v. Colts discussion, we may risk a severe beating at the hands of shenanigan (or at the very least, a visit from underdoggggg, which might be worse).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: Is Brady vs Manning the greatest sports rivalry ever?:
    For individual rivalry, nothing supercedes Ali v. Frazier. For those of you not old enough to remember when being the heavyweight champion actually meant something (and there was only one), it's hard to describe. Unclealfie is right. The animosity between these men was palbable. I've often felt that much of Ali's condescension to Frazier -- belittling him as stupid and a "gorilla" -- was pure showmanship, but Frazier hated Ali and I honestly think he was trying to kill him in their third fight. In team sports, I would have to give the nod, like most of us, to Bird v. Magic. That rivalry defined the NBA for most of a generation (and, sadly, was also its dying breath, in my opinion). Brady v. Manning isn't really a rivalry at all, as they both play offense, and if we turn this into a Pats v. Colts discussion, we may risk a severe beating at the hands of shenanigan (or at the very least, a visit from underdoggggg, which might be worse).
    Posted by p-mike

We can talk Pats Vs Colts, what I don't want is another thread saying Brady is better than Manning because he has more rings...well Manning has better numbers...but if Brady had Mannings recievers than...well if Manning had Brady's defense than..etc., etc. ad nauseam.

The reason I didn't go with the Colts Vs Pats angle is that:
    1.  It is nowhere near the best team rivalry of all time.  Celtics Lakers have been going at at for 50 years up to and including this year.
    2.  It is relatively easy to determine who had the better team when.  No doubt the Pats were the better team in 01, 03, and 04.  Which player is better is less tangible and makes for a better discussion, which rivalry is better is about the players and somehow the human element is just more interesting.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Before I opened the thread my thought was Ali-Frazier. There is a lot to be said for the rivalries mentioned above, but these are team sports. Other players, some great in their own right, some less so were involved to help make those rivalries special.
     Don't get me wrong, I love to watch team sports but nothing compares to Ali-Frazier. Two of the best ever meeting not just once but three times, man to man, literally fighting each other for arguably, at the time, the most coveted prize in all of sports. Each meeting was an epic battle with both men giving everything they had.
     Also keep in mind that baseball, basketball and football championships for many years were uniquely American events. It is only recently that they have gained global attention. When those two men faced each other, the whole world was watching.
     For me there is no rivalry in any sport to equal the one between those two great champions.

Edit: I didn't read any posts before adding my own. Many excellent points.
           Bird and Magic became friends. Frazier eventually forgave and made 
           peace with Ali. Would also like to add Russell-Chamberlain.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

I think it's still a rivalry though, because just as Bird/Magic hated one another, they also truly respected the other and considered one another the barometer. I think Egghead and Brady have this same thing. They are the 2 best QBs of the 00s, and still pretty much are now witH Brees moving on the action, just as, say, a Jordan in the late 80s/early 90s was. And no, I am not saying Brees is Jordan level.
    Posted by russgriswold

One of the MOST hated, most feared Rivalry treats that NO one is mentioning, THe Boston Bruins Team against Ken Dryden (goaltender for the Montreal Canadians) How many times did this man beat and destroy the Bruins? YEAR AFTER YEAR!  Yes Ali vs Smokin JoeYell was good, but only happened 4 times, Bird and Magic yes brought out the best in basketball, but no matter who was hot for the Bruins, no matter who was in net, Ken Dryden was a giant that just kicked you right square in the pants and dropped you like an egg!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Looks like Bird Vs Magic is the runaway hit but let me play devils advocate.

1.  Bird and Magic headlined the sport but when it came to actual footage of meaningful games it was sparse.  The reality is the only meaningful games they ever played where they squared off against one another were those 3 Championships.  The NBA's regular season games are not that meaningful or memorable, they only had to win their conferences.  Truly, 3 "battle royale's" in their long careers just doesn't live up to the legend.  IMO had they been in the same conference it would have made a better rivalry with them having to beat one another every year for the Championship.

2.  I realize Manning and Brady don't defend each others passes but it's still a rivalry.  Bird wasn't always defending Johnson's shot.  Brady and Manning lead their team to score points, whoever scores the most wins.  I guess you could say a true football rivalry would be Brady vs Revis, but who would really frame it that way.

3.  Since the rivalry started in 2001 Brady or Peyton have been in every SB except 3.  6 Super Bowls in 9 years, an amazing number in the NFL where unlike the NBA teams don't 3peat and roll of 6 or 8 championships in a decade.

4.  Manning and Brady not only play in the most popular sport in America but their games are meaningful and people remember even the regular season Matchups.

2001- Brady makes his first start against the 2-0 Colts and wins.

2003- regular season, goal line stand game.

2004- Monday night football, a last minute drive by Manning left the Colts ready to win by a short fieldgoal.  But on the next play Manning gets chased back by Mcginist for a sack making it a 48 yard field goal.  Vandrjagt misses the long kick and the Colts lose.

2004- Divisional playoffs.  Manning breaks Marino's long standing TD record and the Colts look like an unstoppable offensive machine.  The Pats pummel the Colts and the "unstoppable offense" only has 3 points.  Controversy from the Colts who say the refs kept the flags in thier pockets on holding and lobby for a rule emphasis.

2006- AFC championship, the Pats jump out to an early lead but Manning leads one of the biggest fourth quarter comebacks ever to finally beat the team that seemed to stand between him and a ring.  The Colts go on to win the SB agains the NFC's sacrificial lamb of 2006.  More controversy after the refs get a little trigger happy with the flags and have to apologize.

2007-  (Super Bowl 41 1/2) One of the most anticipated games ever (last I heard the closest undefeated matchup with a combined 15 games without losses) Brady is on pace to break what is now Manning's TD record and the Pats are slaying opponents at a historic rate.   The Pats go to the dome again to what has now become a rivalry dominated by Indy.  The defending SB champion Colts are getting dismissed despite being undefeated (7-0, Pats 8-0).  The game is close and as usual a late drive (by Brady) gets the come from behind win. 

2009-  A close game, a comeback.  4th and 2.

2010- ?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Frazier / Ali
      Only because Ali was the greatest .

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Washington Generals defeated the Harlem Globetrotters once, a couple of years ago.  One victory didn't exactly make them rivals.  Neither does one ring make Indy a good rival for the Patriots. 

It would also help if they were in the Patriots' AFC East division.  The Jets, Dolphins and Buffalo can at least be called division rivals, even if they haven't won too many division titles lately.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Wow, I am surprised. Bird vs magic was great and surely one of the best rivalries most of us can remember seeing. However.....

Bill Russel won 11 NBA championships. He accomplished this in a time when Wilt the Stilt Chamberlain was the greatest basketball player( and possibly athlete) to ever play competitive sports. Wilt was dominate. He destroyed everybody he played against. Everybody that is except Bill Russel.

Bill and Wilt played each other...are you ready for this...142 times aside from exhibition games in the 10 years they played against each other.

I am biased towards Russel, however Wilt averaged OMG 28.7 points and 28.7 rebounds against Russel. Bill averaged 14.5 points 23.7 rebounds.

Russel won 85 times to Wilts 57. You can argue Russel played on the better teams but Wilt played on some darn good teams as well. As shown below.

A trump card for Russel is that during the 10 year highly competitive battle Bill won NINE CHAMPIONSHIPS to Wilts ONE.

Now in comparison to much of the above mentioned rivalries these two gentlemen guarded each other every time they play on the same court. Unlike Brady vs Manning and even Bird vs Magic.

A quote from an article below sums up the monstrous rivalry between the 2 best men in the sport.

"Russell would never go there. He had, and has, nothing but the utmost respect for Wilt Chamberlain, who impressed him from the get-go.

"After I played him for the first time," Russell says, "I said, 'Let's see. He's four or five inches taller. He's 40 or 50 pounds heavier. His vertical leap is at least as good as mine. He can get up and down the floor as well as I can. And he's smart. The real problem with all this is that I have to show up!"

His appreciation grew with each passing year. By 1962, the third year of their rivalry, their teams would meet for the Eastern Conference championship. Wilt was pluperfectly monstrous that season, averaging a record 50.4 points per game. The series went seven games, with Russell and friends able to keep the Big Dipper under some kind of control. (In 12 playoff games that year, Wilt averaged 35 points and 27 rebounds.) A Sam Jones jumper with two seconds remaining won the seventh game by a 109-107 score, and Russell (19 points and 26 rebounds a game) immediately requested to be left alone for awhile.

"I haven't had any sleep all week," he said. "Every time I went out on the court, that guy seemed to grow a little taller."

Also just to defend Russel this quote below shows the fact that both players had tremendous players on the teams they played for. Yet still Russel won NINE championships to this monsters 1

"here always was a larger context in the Russell-Wilt rivalry. They did not play in a vacuum. Russell once played on a team with seven future Hall of Famers, not including himself. Wilt, at various times, played with Nate Thurmond, Paul Arizin, Billy Cunningham, Tom Gola, Hal Greer, Jerry West and Elgin Baylor, who are all in the Hall of Fame, not to mention Chet Walker and Guy Rodgers, who could be."

IMO this is the greatest rivalry in all of sports.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

(1) - Bird / Magic, for all the reasons you all mentioned.  It started in college and continued in the NBA.  They also won a lot of championships.  The best part, though, was the respect they had for each other.  If Brady got AIDS, Manning would probably just make fun of him at an SNL rehearsal before lacking the gonads to say it on camera (the whole "that's not the only thing he's got two more of" bit).  Bird cried.  Look up Bird's speech at Magic Johnson's Hall of Fame induction - it summarizes 15+ years of sports greatness.

(2) - Ali / Frazier.  Not only was Ali the greatest, but Frazier wasn't half-bad himself.  They traded venom, with the added aspect of the political ramifications of Ali's connection to Malcolm X, Islam, and Black Power.  On an aside, it's too bad that the government screwed Ali out of the prime of his career.  You didn't see any other major sports figures getting drafted for Vietnam (and it would have gotten a lot more publicity), adding credibility to the idea that the draft was racist.  It seems like it was more about taking a Black Power advocate out of the spotlight.  I digress.

(3) - Russell / Chamberlain.  This was mostly one-sided, but Chamberlain learned to be more clutch as he aged.  And don't tell me that the size of the NBA mattered because that meant each team was loaded.  A great rivalry, if you could call it that.

(4) - Brady / Manning.  There aren't as many championships and both are so painfully politically "correct" with everything they say and do in front of the media.  I'd love to hear their honest thoughts about each other.  I'm sure there's mutual respect, but I doubt it's as wonderful as the media wants it to be.  Either way, Colts-Patriots is must-see TV.

Ovechkin / Crosby isn't even close.  While I hate Sidney Crosby because he apparently can't fight his own fights so teammates fight on his behalf, I don't think it'll be a rivalry until the Capitals don't choke in the first round of the playoffs as the top seed, and until Ovechkin wins a championship.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Magic/Bird for sure.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Ali was the greatest for the same reason the Stones are the greatest rock and roll band of all time.  Because they kept telling us they were. 

I'm not a huge Ali fan, it seems he was his era's media sensation, speaking out against everything unpopular at the time.  But his Nation of Islam black supremacy stuff really belongs in a time capsule because it's just considered nonsense nowadays.  However, that may be the best rivalry of all time.  I can't say if Ali actually is the greatest (Others have more impressive records), but that is probably the greatest rivalry of all time.  I can remember the Tyson vs Holyfield hype and that was at a time when boxing was winding down.  I would imagine that hype times 100 plus Ali playing the shameless self promoter at a time when boxing actually meant something.

I just don't know about Russel vs Chamberlain.  That is a time when the NBA had 9 teams, and it was kind of a fringe sport.  The NBA was so raw at that time it's hard for me to give credit to a rivalry like that.  They were giants playing in a league of high school caliber players in empty gymnasiums.  Those 9 teams weren't stacked with talent IMO, it was just too small too attract the great athletes of it's era, and so a handful of guys could dominate.  The same thing with the 40's and 50's NFL stuff.

My list

Ali vs Frazier
    Bird vs Magic
    Brady vs Manning
    Williams vs Dimmagio
    Russel vs Chamberlain

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Ali was the greatest for the same reason the Stones are the greatest rock and roll band of all time.  Because they kept telling us they were. 

I'm not a huge Ali fan, it seems he was his era's media sensation, speaking out against everything unpopular at the time.  But his Nation of Islam black supremacy stuff really belongs in a time capsule because it's just considered nonsense nowadays.  However, that may be the best rivalry of all time.  I can't say if Ali actually is the greatest (Others have more impressive records), but that is probably the greatest rivalry of all time.  I can remember the Tyson vs Holyfield hype and that was at a time when boxing was winding down.  I would imagine that hype times 100 plus Ali playing the shameless self promoter at a time when boxing actually meant something.

I just don't know about Russel vs Chamberlain.  That is a time when the NBA had 9 teams, and it was kind of a fringe sport.  The NBA was so raw at that time it's hard for me to give credit to a rivalry like that.  They were giants playing in a league of high school caliber players in empty gymnasiums.  Those 9 teams weren't stacked with talent IMO, it was just too small too attract the great athletes of it's era, and so a handful of guys could dominate.  The same thing with the 40's and 50's NFL stuff.

My list

Ali vs Frazier
    Bird vs Magic
    Brady vs Manning
    Williams vs Dimmagio
    Russel vs Chamberlain

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Ali was the greatest for the same reason the Stones are the greatest rock and roll band of all time.  Because they kept telling us they were.  I'm not a huge Ali fan, it seems he was his era's media sensation, speaking out against everything unpopular at the time.  But his Nation of Islam black supremacy stuff really belongs in a time capsule because it's just considered nonsense nowadays.  However, that may be the best rivalry of all time.  I can't say if Ali actually is the greatest (Others have more impressive records), but that is probably the greatest rivalry of all time.  I can remember the Tyson vs Holyfield hype and that was at a time when boxing was winding down.  I would imagine that hype times 100 plus Ali playing the shameless self promoter at a time when boxing actually meant something. I just don't know about Russel vs Chamberlain.  That is a time when the NBA had 9 teams, and it was kind of a fringe sport.  The NBA was so raw at that time it's hard for me to give credit to a rivalry like that.  They were giants playing in a league of high school caliber players in empty gymnasiums.  Those 9 teams weren't stacked with talent IMO, it was just too small too attract the great athletes of it's era, and so a handful of guys could dominate.  The same thing with the 40's and 50's NFL stuff. My list Ali vs Frazier Bird vs Magic Brady vs Manning Williams vs Dimmagio Russel vs Chamberlain
    Posted by shenanigan

I think you forgot that Ali had the prime of his career taken away by the powers that be after he spoke up.  He still had one of the best records of any fighter, even after staying in the sport for two years too long.  He was unbelievably fast for someone that size and I'd still take Ali in his prime over just about anyone.

I also think that you give too much credit to an NBA that features the Bobcats, the Clippers, the Knicks, the Nets, and a host of other teams whose players are barely worth mentioning.  Meanwhile, the 1960 Lakers featured Elgin Baylor AND Jerry West.  The 1960 Celtics featured Russell, Sam Jones, K.C. Jones, Bob Cousy, and Bill Sharman.  If you watched any footage you'd realize that Bob Cousy would have been one of the five best point guards regardless of what era he played in - he was at least 20-30 years ahead of his time with his moves.  Bill Sharman would have been a decent player in any era.  Kobe apparently modeled some of his moves off of Baylor

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Ali was the greatest for the same reason the Stones are the greatest rock and roll band of all time.  Because they kept telling us they were.  I'm not a huge Ali fan, it seems he was his era's media sensation, speaking out against everything unpopular at the time.  But his Nation of Islam black supremacy stuff really belongs in a time capsule because it's just considered nonsense nowadays.  However, that may be the best rivalry of all time.  I can't say if Ali actually is the greatest (Others have more impressive records), but that is probably the greatest rivalry of all time.  I can remember the Tyson vs Holyfield hype and that was at a time when boxing was winding down.  I would imagine that hype times 100 plus Ali playing the shameless self promoter at a time when boxing actually meant something. I just don't know about Russel vs Chamberlain.  That is a time when the NBA had 9 teams, and it was kind of a fringe sport.  The NBA was so raw at that time it's hard for me to give credit to a rivalry like that.  They were giants playing in a league of high school caliber players in empty gymnasiums.  Those 9 teams weren't stacked with talent IMO, it was just too small too attract the great athletes of it's era, and so a handful of guys could dominate.  The same thing with the 40's and 50's NFL stuff. My list Ali vs Frazier Bird vs Magic Brady vs Manning Williams vs Dimmagio Russel vs Chamberlain
    Posted by shenanigan

I'd take The Who over the Stones any day. Keith Moon was one of the greatest drummers of all time, John Entwistle was IMO the best Rock and roll Basist I've ever heard and nobody could belt it out like Daltry in his prime. Pete Townsend was Highly over rated as a guitarist but he put on a decent show.
    The Stones are good but I could put at least a half dozen groups ahead of them on my list.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Is Brady vs Manning the greatest sports rivalry ever? : I'd take The Who over the Stones any day. Keith Moon was one of the greatest drummers of all time, John Entwistle was IMO the best Rock and roll Basist I've ever heard and nobody could belt it out like Daltry in his prime. Pete Townsend was Highly over rated as a guitarist but he put on a decent show. The Stones are good but I could put at least a half dozen groups ahead of them on my list.
    Posted by ewhite1065

Led Zeppelin, anyone?  There will perhaps never be a greater gathering of talent at each instrument.  John Bonham, John Paul Jones, and Jimmy Page are all top-10 at their respective instruments.  Robert Plant was a decent front man and a good song writer.

Also, the Jimi Hendrix Experience, and not just for Jimi Hendrix - Mitch Mitchell was one of the best drummers of all time, too.

Oh, and it turns out those Beatles guys were excellent songwriters, too.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Is Brady vs Manning the greatest sports rivalry ever? : Led Zeppelin, anyone?  There will perhaps never be a greater gathering of talent at each instrument.  John Bonham, John Paul Jones, and Jimmy Page are all top-10 at their respective instruments.  Robert Plant was a decent front man and a good song writer. Also, the Jimi Hendrix Experience, and not just for Jimi Hendrix - Mitch Mitchell was one of the best drummers of all time, too. Oh, and it turns out those Beatles guys were excellent songwriters, too.
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188

Zeppelin would be on my list.
    I was a huge Hendrix fan as a guitar player.
    A lot of it is taste and preference but.
    Skynyrd, Deep Purple, Clapton( All Bands).
    I could actually go through a few more before I hit the Stones.
    Deep Purple was the best rock concert I've ever seen followed closely by Skynyrd, The Who, Clapton. The list goes on. There are an awful lot of people that would argue the Beatles as #1 I'm sure. I have a lot of Stones CD's but they wouldn't be my first pull off the rack.

Sections
Shortcuts