is brady,s knee effecting him mentally?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: is brady,s knee effecting him mentally?

In Response to Re: is brady,s knee effecting him mentally?:
    [QUOTE] And I've never heard of a blitz where a sack is inevitable.
    Posted by themightypatriots[/QUOTE]

If you figure one out, you should get into coaching VERY quickly.

;-)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

The organized chaos isn't an actual play. It is just a term used to describe the blitzing by teams like Philly, who employ many blitz packages.

They send so many people to the line of scrimmage, that it is difficult to detect who is the real "Dog" and who is the "Decoy." Of course the "Dogs" are coming, and the "Decoys" will peel off and drop into Zone.

And of course, they could send em all.

You don't know. It looks like chaos at the line.

But AFAIK there is no single play called "Organized Chaos." It is more of a fan term.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

In that case, I don't remember any organized chaos in the Giants' superbowl.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

The play where Plax Burress scored was the kind of "kitchen-sink" blitz that some might call organized chaos.

So I guess it isn't inevitable.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Plus I remember some exoti blitzes. But most of it, IIRC, was simply sending an OLB at one of the gaps.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Some exotic Patz blitzes?  I need to rewatch the game.  I think in the second half we stopped them once, then they scored a TD, then they went 3 and out after Eli overshot Plax.  In the first half they had that ridiculously long opening FG drive and the unlucky interception, and then the two would be fumbles ... need to rewatch it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

No. Some exotic Giants' blitzes. They threw some wrinkles NE's way.

There are usually a few exotic blitzes in the Pats' scheme. Although I don't think of them as a blitzing team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

What do you make of our troubles on third down that game (defensively)?  There was that blatant uncalled push-off by Toomer against Gay on their first third down, then they converted a long (9 or 10 yard) 3rd down, and I think another before we finally forced a field goal.  And of course in their winning drive we gave up 9 yards on 3rd and 10, setting up Jacobs' 1st down run, the miracle on 3rd and 5, and then the pick on Merriweather on the next 3rd and 10.  What gives?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

I'm pretty sure we ranked high in 3rd down defense that year too, don't understand how we were so bad in the super bowl against frigginn Eli. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]The organized chaos isn't an actual play. It is just a term used to describe the blitzing by teams like Philly, who employ many blitz packages. They send so many people to the line of scrimmage, that it is difficult to detect who is the real "Dog" and who is the "Decoy." Of course the "Dogs" are coming, and the "Decoys" will peel off and drop into Zone. And of course, they could send em all. You don't know. It looks like chaos at the line. But AFAIK there is no single play called "Organized Chaos." It is more of a fan term.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

I couldn't explain it any better if i tried. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Simple. Like I said that season. The Pats "O" masked defensive issues for most of that season. Mostly at CB and Safety and MLB. They were slow then too. But when you play with the lead, it is much, much easier. Predictable offense is a killer.

I actually give em' cedit, because they played well for most of that game. Not that the Giants had a world-beating offense, but they played well.

If that game didn't remind you of last season, then I don't know what does. When you play with a cushion on every play, you are going to give up yardage. And it isn't even that simple. It is also speed of the MLB, who is responsible for inside routes. The Bruschi and Harrison who Qb's feared over the middle in the early/mid 2000's were not the same twitch athletes. NE has trouble protecting those soft spots.

Hopefully, Guyton and Mayo, with another year, can step it up. Specifically Guyton.

I would add that in short yardage, the Giants are one of the very few teams that can have a little success against NE's front. Their line plus Jacobs can get you a yard for sure.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: is brady,s knee effecting him mentally? : Can you please explain further?  Seems to me lots of teams blitz with players coming from different angles and usually try to make it hard to know which players will come on the rush.  And I've never heard of a blitz where a sack is inevitable.
    Posted by themightypatriots[/QUOTE]

It's really hard to explain. The Defense is constanly moving around in Organized Choas. It is usually headed by a smart defensive player like Lewis in Baltimore, Dawkins in Philly, Strahan in NY. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: is brady,s knee effecting him mentally? : Yes, but he wouldn't be cleared to play if it were a compound knee injury like that. And we know he had no meniscus problems. If there were problems, he would still be out rehabbing at least. As far as complications, you are correct. But once again, if he were having trouble planting because of stiffness they would be able to see it in practice, and he wouldn't go. A stiff tendon is more likely to tear again because it wasn't healed correctly. That is why many people have to get the operation several times before finally being healed. The difference with an athlete is that he wouldn't play in the interim. Willis McGahee is the best example. He had a worst case scenario. His knee was totally blown up. Evry ligament, tendon, fraying of the cartilege. Torn up. It took him quite a while, but he is back, because, again, theoretically, it is like having three new tendons. I wouldn't worry about any QB coming back from this. I would be more worried if there were bursar or mensicus issues, because those do come back. But if a ACL tears again, and it was done properly the first time, it is just bad luck.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Z - I agree with you.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]Hey Underdogg did you go on the PUP list with your knee surgeries?.....get it dogg, PUP list.....ok that was bad 
    Posted by Harleyroadking111[/QUOTE]

Harley - They didn't put me on any list.  I got shoved into the dogghouse.  Was that worse?Undecided

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

I don't think it was worse, it was bad but worse. I would imagine you really "dogged" it during your recovery.....BADDA DA BOOM!...thank you thank very much....someone stop me pleaseTongue out

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

its probably a little of both,rust,and the mental part of his leg.after he got hit a couple of times,his throws were not on target.