is BRANCH a TRAITOR?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Re: is BRANCH a TRAITOR?

Who cares, he will not help them

tedy might, if espn asked him too

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Our coaches know what Branch knows in the old playbook, it could be a double edged sword for the Colt.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Yeah. He's now on my shyt list.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

No. If the Pats wanted him he would be with them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

He should have to give back the SB MVP that rightfully belongs to Rodney Harrison anyway

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Always was, always will be.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:

sorry... but no patriot hof 4 him, win or lose! no way no how is faulk, tedy or troy doing dat.

bush move. week 5, no prob..

who cares? the patriots didnt want him and the man should be able to work if he wants to.  its not like he gave secrets to the soviet union in the cold war.. he doesnt know this offense.. he could tell them about the double tight end package from last year i guess. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

NO

Is this a stupid question?

YES

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

So Branch sits at home while the Pats sign Collie 3 times and he's a traitor?  He's a player hoping to play and got a call.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to carawaydj's comment:

So Branch sits at home while the Pats sign Collie 3 times and he's a traitor?  He's a player hoping to play and got a call.

Fine! I'll wash the gasoline off my jersey. I was gonna bury the ashes next to the old Clemens, Boggs, Damon, Adam, and Welker jerseys...Yell

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

And your point is?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

And your point is?

If you couldn't see my point then there is little hope you would comprehend my explanation either.  Maybe you won't comprehend this.  Hmmm....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Wow.  I guess you folks don't realize that athletes are simply mercenaries.  It's their job.  When one decides to go pro, the assumption that switching uniforms goes with it.  

Branch, or any former Patriot who went to other teams, is not some "citizen" of a "nation."  He catches footballs and gets paid for it.   Why he needs the money or the chance to do what he loves is his business.  

Is BB a "traitor" for releasing Vrabel and Seymour? BB's job - what he gets PAID to do - is to field the best team possible in his Xs and Os and personnel.   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In response to Sobchack's comment:

Wow.  I guess you folks don't realize that athletes are simply mercenaries.  It's their job.  When one decides to go pro, the assumption that switching uniforms goes with it.  

Branch, or any former Patriot who went to other teams, is not some "citizen" of a "nation."  He catches footballs and gets paid for it.   Why he needs the money or the chance to do what he loves is his business.  

Is BB a "traitor" for releasing Vrabel and Seymour? BB's job - what he gets PAID to do - is to field the best team possible in his Xs and Os and personnel.   

Yeah, I don't know why anyone would expect a player to show loyalty.  Sure, maybe some do, but no team nor fan base deserves it.  Anyone that pays even a little attention to the NFL knows that players can and will get cut in a heartbeat.  Anyone that hangs out on this and other forums knows that fans will turn on you in a heartbeat.  BB is especially "all business" and can be downright cold (ask Tiguan Underwood).  I don't expect any player not under contract to show loyalty.  It's a business.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

The Pats signed Collie long before this game. They signed him because they honestly needed him due to injuries. The Colts won't be using Branch for anything but knowledge and he is all too happy to give it too them. He made  50+ MILLION in his career, so I don't think he is hurting for cash. He doesn't hang out at Hime Depot looking for landscaping work. This ONE game will pay him a few grand ($25) which is next to nothing for a 50+ MILLION dollar player.

He won't know the Pats playbook, but he knows how Brady thinks, how BB thinks, what there tendencies are, what they might do in certain situations and why, how to get under Bradys' skin, how to burn him etc etc

His info is valuable or they wouldn't sign him... and that makes him dirt

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

No, the Colts aren't our rivals anymore. The rivalary has always been with Seyton Manning, not the Colts.

Branch to the Colts is not big deal, I'm sure Brady had a laugh with him over it. I never forgave him for 2006 anyway, so i have no stake in the race.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to hang3xc's comment:

The Pats signed Collie long before this game. They signed him because they honestly needed him due to injuries. The Colts won't be using Branch for anything but knowledge and he is all too happy to give it too them. He made  50+ MILLION in his career, so I don't think he is hurting for cash. He doesn't hang out at Hime Depot looking for landscaping work. This ONE game will pay him a few grand ($25) which is next to nothing for a 50+ MILLION dollar player.

He won't know the Pats playbook, but he knows how Brady thinks, how BB thinks, what there tendencies are, what they might do in certain situations and why, how to get under Bradys' skin, how to burn him etc etc

I think the argument is that the Pats needed a WR and continuiously went to Collie when Branch was sitting at home. Not like they're different players, neither guy can get open or play anywhere but the slot.

If the Patriots want to talk about lotalty, why not reaign Branch instead of Collie the Colt?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

I think the argument is that the Pats needed a WR and continuiously went to Collie when Branch was sitting at home. Not like they're different players, neither guy can get open or play anywhere but the slot.

If the Patriots want to talk about lotalty, why not reaign Branch instead of Collie the Colt?

You mean Patriot fans... I haven't read anything where the Patriot orginization said anything in regards to Branch"s "loyalty as it pertains to him signing with the Colts.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

You mean Patriot fans... I haven't read anything where the Patriot orginization said anything in regards to Branch"s "loyalty as it pertains to him signing with the Colts.

Hey, i don't care one way. Branch sucks.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

If the guy can nab a few bucks who cares?  If BB thought he could help the Pats he would have signed him.  Whatever insider knowledge he may deliver to the Colts is dated and of little if any use. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I just don't understand some fans. It would be one thing if he was only a Patriot for his entire career and they paid and over paid on some contracts to keep him. Or if the Pats offered him the same amount to come back and play and he decided he'd rather the Colts. Then I can understand the disgust towards him but that's not the case. Lets face it the Pats treated him like a business trading him when he earned a new contract. And they certainly weren't knocking on his door this season and decided to go with Collie. He also won't be giving the Colts any insight considering Edelman is the only returning receiver for the Pats and both Ridley and Vereen have further to improved. There is nothing that Branch can give them then maybe tendecies of players, but if they were knowingly working on them in practice after a year wouldn't any knowledge be moot?

Listen DHB is out for the upcoming game so they needed a depth WR. Branch is a vet who can step in and isn't going to go deer in headlights because it's the playoffs. Also, for Branch it's an extra easy payday (I don't care how much you made in your career extra money is extra money) and another chance to prove you can still play in hopes of getting a camp call next year. It's that simple.

Why people expect players who get cut, who the teams hold out paying them, and who get traded because they earned their way off the team to remain loyal to laundry when the teams don't remain loyal to them is beyond me.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

ROFLMFAO!!!!!

What kind of stupid dumbazzed question is this???? IF he had the actual playing "worth" that would mandate him getting one, I'm sure BB would have him back under contract. He doesn't, BB didn't, and he sat out this season. Now the Dolts sign him for 1 game. Good for him! All he wants is, as ALL older professional athletes do, one more chance to show he's still got "it". I doubt if he needs the minute paycheck he'll draw for this week and the duration of the playofs, IF he stays on the squad. It's not like, over the years, that BB NEVER signed a player recently cut from an opposing team. But, I guess that's OK, as liong as it's BB doing it, right?

Let's take a trip down Memory Lane to the 1973 World Series. Mets sign an aging Willie Mays. "Great PR move!" "I can still play this game!" Anyone besides me recall teh embarrassing moments the WORLD witnessed when he played? Should never have done it. But, he wanted a biote f teh big money his generation of players never realized. I doubt if Branch is this financially hard up.

Finally, my own "You're a bunch of fools!" moment........ I know many of your memories are limited to what happened within the prior 24 hours, and this proves it. Raise yoru right hand high and keep it up there if you can remember when he BICHED his way out of New England for the Seahawks. The pain! The acrimony! The angst! Shirts were torched! The SB MVP trophy was tarnished! Memories of him were blotted out of Patriot lore! That's right..... less than a dozen of you have faint memories. Alright, keep your hands up.... the Pats reaquire him during the 2010 season. Recall the boards when that happened? All was practically forgiven. No angst. Then, after three seasons of "production" (avg less than 520 yds and 4 TD's per season), he was cut loose. Last season was steller at 145 yds and ZERO TD's. God bless the Dolts, or ANY NFL team for taking a flyer on him. At least BB saw the need to not shell out money for this kind of production! IF he had any practical and reasonable "game" left, I'm sure the Dolts (after Wayne's season ending injury), or any other team losing a WR this season, would have snapped him and his 145 yds/no TD 2012 performance right up.

If you honestly and truly believe that teh Dolts signed Branch for actual playing potential, put down you Legos and go back to those alphabet blocks. You're dumber than those blocks and need to stop proving it. They signed him ONLY to get into the Pats heads. God knows it worked on some of you! But, that's like taking candy away from a baby! If Branch didn't play himself out of NE, and stayed here his whole career, I'd say he's in the Patriot HOF. He gave that up when he neded to go to Seattle for the money. His money grubbing butt lost any credentials to be in the Pats HOF. Just because they brught him back in 2010 doesn't mean anything. After all, as correctly identified earlier, Collie has been in/out of Foxborough more times than a Greyhound bus. 

Good grief!  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

No, the Colts aren't our rivals anymore. The rivalary has always been with Seyton Manning, not the Colts.

Branch to the Colts is not big deal, I'm sure Brady had a laugh with him over it. I never forgave him for 2006 anyway, so i have no stake in the race.

Why have I not seen "Seyton" before your post as PM's aka? Perfect.

Sections
Shortcuts