1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: is BRANCH a TRAITOR?

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This thread title goes directly to the definition of typical pats fan.  Sure every team's got a few, but the number of people who actually think this is unbelievable.  Really????!!!

When Belichick shafts a player on a contract its just business.  When a player who has been shunned by the Patriots signs elsewhere he is a traitor.  A psychologist could make good money in Boston, no doubt. 

[/QUOTE]

How wexactly do you 'shaft a player on a contract'? Does he put a gun to their head or take their families hostage to force them to sign a below market value contract?

By 'shaft' ypou must mean signing a player for a longer or more expensive contract based on performance from years back?

And that is why Indy has 1 SB win.

By the way what would you call throwing games in order to get Luck in the draft? That your version of honesty. I'd call that shafting the ticket holders

[/QUOTE]

and id say fans of other teams who actually believe the threw games have reality issues.

[/QUOTE]

It's obvious they sucked for Luck, liar.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to agill1970's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Are the Patriots traitors for not signing Branch this year?  Even with all the widereceiver issues we had?  No???  Then how can you call Branch a traitor? 

[/QUOTE]

The Pats, unlike him, honored the contracts they signed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Branch is a traitor - he is helping a playoff opponent of his former team.  He sold out for money.  It's just a game and that might be part of his job, but there's no reason why I should continue to think anything special about a guy who chose money over my team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

How many times did BB cut him?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to AZPAT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

QUESTION:  Would you welcome Asante "Pay Me The Money!" Samuel back with open arms? He of the multiple team rosters since he, too, played himself out of success?

[/QUOTE]

Asante never held out. He honored the contract he signed. His unforgivable sins were on the field.

[/QUOTE]

Not saying he "held out". He just didn't "play out". Is that more or less forgivable than holding out? Hold outs pull no punches: no pay/new contract, no play. Samuel didn't bother to play UP TO his existing contract, leaving his busting their butts teammates in the lurch. 

Now, answer the question, which you failed to do.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to themightypatriots's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Branch is a traitor - he is helping a playoff opponent of his former team.  He sold out for money.  It's just a game and that might be part of his job, but there's no reason why I should continue to think anything special about a guy who chose money over my team.

[/QUOTE]

LMFAO!!!

OK, let's look at this as a business, like what we work for and do for a living. You have a contract job, contract runs out. You leave for another job and return 5 yrs later. After 3 more years you are let go again, after producing next to nothing, and your work skills have diminished beyond a "backslide". You are gainfully unemployed for most of a year when a competitor calls you up and gives you a contract (probably short term, but you know this going into the deal).  You feel like you can still contribute something to your profession, so you sign up.  

Oh, BTW, you have a family or a lifestyle to support, and you're too far away from collecting on your pension and SSI. It's known that your previous employer had the obvious need for your talents, yet didn't extend an offer, or at least a KNOWN offer that was acceptable to you.  Do you sign up?? Would you give the ex-employer the benefit of the doubt and NOT sign to work elsewhere? Are they entitled to this consideration from you?

IT'S A BUSINESS!!!!!! Nit a traitor, but a FREE AGENT. Pats owe him nothing, he owes the Pats nothing. Persona non grata.... Adios, and I won't look back. He made his bed after the '05 season.  Looks like he gets into no one's HOF, but that's HIS choice. If he had any reasonable worth, BB would have offered a contract and he would have signd.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Hey peoples, if we end up playing the Chargers in the championship then how many Danny Woodhead is a traitor threads are we going to have here?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Free-UB. Show Free-UB's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey peoples, if we end up playing the Chargers in the championship then how many Danny Woodhead is a traitor threads are we going to have here?

[/QUOTE]

its different. woody left mutually, same with welk frankly.. mo beef with bb than wes on that. its the timing I'm mad about. y now? no beeef if its san fran or even denver.. helping them beat san diego and incidentally playing us is different. branch wiil never b welcomed in this town again esp if we lose.. period!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to Free-UB's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

its different. woody left mutually, same with welk frankly.. mo beef with bb than wes on that. its the timing I'm mad about. y now? no beeef if its san fran or even denver.. helping them beat san diego and incidentally playing us is different. branch wiil never b welcomed in this town again esp if we lose.. period!

[/QUOTE]

Do you mean belichick wanted branch to stay but branch said no?  Do you have some proof of this?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

The issue is not that Branch is going to Indy to actually play football, like Woody or Wes or any other player that left.

the issue is that Branch is going to Indy to show them the Pats tendencies, likes and dislikes in certain situations, as well as strengths and weaknesses. He is selling out his old team for a few bucks. 

Its a free country and money is green, but it reeks that he is stabbing his ex team mates in the back. 

That being said, it is truly a move by the Colts out of BB's play book

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The issue is not that Branch is going to Indy to actually play football, like Woody or Wes or any other player that left.

the issue is that Branch is going to Indy to show them the Pats tendencies, likes and dislikes in certain situations, as well as strengths and weaknesses. He is selling out his old team for a few bucks. 

Its a free country and money is green, but it reeks that he is stabbing his ex team mates in the back. 

[/QUOTE]

You could have a point.  I'll conditionally amend my prior comments.  If I were an unemployed athlete that was being called upon to play for another team I'd jump at it.  If a team called me simply to have me spill my guts and give them intel I'd pass.....unless I was broke.  However, it's not clear that this is the case.  They do have a legitmate need to add depth at WR.  Branch does reside locally.  I don't think it's cut and dry that he is only there to provide intel.  He could be though.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

How does he learn that offense in 5 days? He is going there as the teacher, not the student.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Im not buying in to that.  We hear it all the time, that is what people think happens, its not the case.  You are having thoughts of a team bringing in a player, put him under the hot lamp and grill him for info.  LMFAO!! It just doesn't happen.  They may ask a few questions here and there but that is the extent of it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Im not buying in to that.  We hear it all the time, that is what people think happens, its not the case.  You are having thoughts of a team bringing in a player, put him under the hot lamp and grill him for info.  LMFAO!! It just doesn't happen.  They may ask a few questions here and there but that is the extent of it.

[/QUOTE]

I bet he is in the film room all week with Indys defense and never sees the practice field

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

[QUOTE]

I bet he is in the film room all week with Indys defense and never sees the practice field

[/QUOTE]

Wrong.  He was on the practice field today. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I doubt there will be many, if any. Woohead wasn't a traitor like Branch is. Haven't seen you in a while UR.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This theory is swiss cheese..... a LOT has changed with the Pats "tendancies" after Brach got his last/final cut. No Gronk, no Hernandez, no Lloyd, no Branch ..... If the Dolts need his "insight" over the film they have on this year's Pats, then I profess they are in a whole lot of trouble. Their signing Branch is a PR move, pure and simple, in an effort to get under the Pats  skins. You know, like the alleged "distraction" the Ingognito and Cry Baby Thomas deal in South Beach. Some "distraction".... the team darn near made the playoffs, if they hadn't started their off season two weeks too soon.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Woodhead's a traitor.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

For once the media pundits are right. The Colts offered Branch 26 grand to practice with the team for a few days and maybe be on the field for a half dozen snaps. Since the average time a play takes is around 6 seconds he'll get 26 grand for playing for less than 1 minute.

But I suppose all those whining here would turn that down

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So I gather you work for free because you love your 'team' ( job ) so much?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to MoreRings's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Who cares, he will not help them

tedy might, if espn asked him too

[/QUOTE]

thinking about is again last night. I think he WILL be able to help a little by telling the WRs on the team about our defense that has been the same for years and Deion has practiced against it for years. He could tutor up the guys on where the holes are in our D and also the tendencies of BBs and his cover 2 disguise format. I mean im sure they can watch film but having a player who knows our D so much cant hurt bu they still have to execute so I dont see it helping THAT much. Its still football. May the best team win.  The only question is wether Dieon will give them anything significant or will he stay true and give them some garbage info.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

thinking about is again last night. I think he WILL be able to help a little by telling the WRs on the team about our defense that has been the same for years and Deion has practiced against it for years. He could tutor up the guys on where the holes are in our D and also the tendencies of BBs and his cover 2 disguise format. I mean im sure they can watch film but having a player who knows our D so much cant hurt bu they still have to execute so I dont see it helping THAT much. Its still football. May the best team win.  The only question is wether Dieon will give them anything significant or will he stay true and give them some garbage info.

[/QUOTE]

And of course the Indy coaching staff couldn't learn that from watching film?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/team-report-england-patriots-194317849--nfl.html

Wide receiver Deion Branch signed with the Colts on Monday. The veteran last played in the NFL with the Patriots in 2012, the team he won a Super Bowl MVP with earlier in his career. Some fans have been critical of Branch's supposed lack of loyalty by joining the enemy this week, but not his former quarterback.

"It's nice to see a guys get an opportunity, especially one of your great friends," Tom Brady said.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ok, Im really starting to question your existence here. We all know you are rusty in disguise and to disprove this you could actually single yourself out by showing your football acumen but what are doing?? Following me around like a little dog questioning everything I post with no merit. I know you dont like me for all the times I called you out for having no clue but please stop this. You look foolish. I mentioned them watching film and said I dont see it helping much. Do you have a reading comprehension problem too?? Of course,. Duh, you ARE rusty so just because you change your name doesnt mean you can change your poor comprehension. Goodnight Alice, Please stop following and harassing me before I report you.

Floors are Dirty

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ok, Im really starting to question your existence here. We all know you are rusty in disguise and to disprove this you could actually single yourself out by showing your football acumen but what are doing?? Following me around like a little dog questioning everything I post with no merit. I know you dont like me for all the times I called you out for having no clue but please stop this. You look foolish. I mentioned them watching film and said I dont see it helping much. Do you have a reading comprehension problem too?? Of course,. Duh, you ARE rusty so just because you change your name doesnt mean you can change your poor comprehension. Goodnight Alice, Please stop following and harassing me before I report you.

Floors are Dirty

[/QUOTE]

Grow up baby. Your no clue claim has never been backed by anything real. I just have to read this whining insult laden post to know that. And now like Babe you add the idiotic BS that I'm someone else. Especially funny since I've used the same name for years.

You're just another pathetic internet tough guy flexing your virtual machismo from behind your keyboard. The same as sticking your tongue out at the big kids while hiding behind mommy.

As for 'all the times' you supposedly 'called me out' ....you're full of crap. Another example of the internet tough guy act.