Is Browner good or are we all expecting too much?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Is Browner good or are we all expecting too much?

In response to carawaydj's comment:

In response to ewhite1065's comment:

My expectations are that he is an upgrade at corner. Between Browner, Revis and Dennard we now have 3 guys that can cover. I don't think I've seen anybody compare Browner to Revis or any of the other great cornerbacks in the league but This guy is twice the player Arrington is and a great addition to the secondary.

I'll throw in Logan Ryan as a wildcard.  If they don't move him to safety I think he might eventually be our 2nd best CB.  I can't offer a shred of evidence apart from a gut feeling.

This is what being level-headed sounds like.

I Can't argue with Ryan and I think that Bringing in Revis and Browner might rub off a little  on the guys that were here last year. I have high hopes for this defense this year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:

Fool of myself? LOL

I've been the lone voice of reason on this entire thread, articulating how dumb it is to focus in on why Browner isn't Brent Grimes as a dwarf nickel and doesn't need to be.

You're quite comical, Cupcake.

As far as being an a$z, you've got that market cornered.  You've been mocking BB for years in here and had no idea there was a lockout with BB needing to what he had to do.

How is Seymour doing? Did he get his pilot's license yet? lol

He checked out YEARS ago and you still wanted him here in 2010. 

Rusty, what are you mad about? Nobody is giving Browner grief for not being a nickel CB.

I think we all agree that Browner is going to be a big nickel/physical out CB kind of role. But since someone points out just a weakness, just a mention of it, you need to go all defend mode? Why?

Everyone is excited to see what BB can do with this secondary of Revis, Browner, Dennard, Ryan and Arrington 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

In response to ATJ's comment:

Apparently he is simply a big, very physical corner.

Isn't that the dictionary definition of a strong safety?

Did you just invite me to dance - again?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I still believe Dennard plays over Browner for most of the year, and Browner will have a lot to prove to get on the field. He had 1 good year and a solid 12 game season after that, but slipped last year. A move to a hard hitting safety seems logical as he is 30 and had trouble staying with fast receivers last year. Plus imo we have 4 very good corners in Revis, Dennard, Ryan and Kyle in the slot.

[object HTMLDivElement]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

He is good.  Of course we are expecting too much.  It's the offseason.

Good summary!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

This moron has been all over the internet playing these games for years.

He used to do it on espn too.  You are so naive.

Why would a jets fan come to three separate boards and act as an actual Patriots fan racking up 10,000 + posts?

I could see if he was giving the PAtriots crap and acting as a jets fan but he does not.

You've just become so paranoid that everyone is bustchise and its ridiculous. This guy isn't bustchise and if he is, WHO FREAKING CARES

Let it go.  Accept that there are some things you can not change.  This happens to be one of them.  You'll be a happier person for it.  I used to try to get into Babe's head, as well.  It's a dark place, let me tell you.  I decided to stay in the light.  It makes for a much more pleasant existance.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

This moron has been all over the internet playing these games for years.

He used to do it on espn too.  You are so naive.

Why would a jets fan come to three separate boards and act as an actual Patriots fan racking up 10,000 + posts?

I could see if he was giving the PAtriots crap and acting as a jets fan but he does not.

You've just become so paranoid that everyone is bustchise and its ridiculous. This guy isn't bustchise and if he is, WHO FREAKING CARES

Let it go.  Accept that there are some things you can not change.  This happens to be one of them.  You'll be a happier person for it.  I used to try to get into Babe's head, as well.  It's a dark place, let me tell you.  I decided to stay in the light.  It makes for a much more pleasant existance.

No doubt.  Posting here while maintaining an even keel entails recognizing that certain personalities are going to post what they post how they post it and nothing will change that.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

In response to ATJ's comment:

In response to garytx's comment:

It's funny that some say he never played safety but I know I've read SS somewhere.  That's where I thought he would be used when the Pats signed him.  I doubt if he could beat out Dennard or Ryan.  Perhaps the second Dennard slip up has raised some concerns.

I've done an extensive search and could find no reference anywhere to him playing either safety position.  Apparently he is simply a big, very physical corner.

Take the position designation away from Browner.  He is much more of a large, physical DB than just some cover CB.

He's Talib but hopefully healthier.  If Browner was here last year, Talib would be on the lead WR and not on Graham and TEs like that, it would have been Browner.

This is a dream for a coordinator and people are seriously whining about why he's not a Superhero to be able to shrink his body down, quicken his feet and open his hips a bit to cover Edelman better.

LMAO

My god. 

I've been watching you make a fool of yourself on this thread and thought I should chime in to help you out. Here it goes...you are NOT saying Browner is basically Talib (because to say that would only add to your rather large collection of dumb things you've said over the years). What you are saying is that Browner will act as a interchangeable part that will be able to play like a safety when needed and a large corner on the outside when needed. That's what you are saying, and you didn't say Browner and Wilson are the same body type either, because that would be a little dumb as well.

You're welcome! See we can be friends (of course you'd have to stop your Vicodin use and quit being such a hole surround by a$z).

Fool of myself? LOL

I've been the lone voice of reason on this entire thread, articulating how dumb it is to focus in on why Browner isn't Brent Grimes as a dwarf nickel and doesn't need to be.

You're quite comical, Cupcake.

As far as being an a$z, you've got that market cornered.  You've been mocking BB for years in here and had no idea there was a lockout with BB needing to what he had to do.

How is Seymour doing? Did he get his pilot's license yet? lol

He checked out YEARS ago and you still wanted him here in 2010. 

Seymour got his pilot's license? I think you have him confused for Bruce Dickinson - who probably would make a better safety than Chung - but who's counting?

Sections
Shortcuts