Is Bryan Westbrook an upgrade over Kevin Faulk?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOOLAID-SPIKER. Show KOOLAID-SPIKER's posts

Is Bryan Westbrook an upgrade over Kevin Faulk?

Hey, I love me some Kevin faulk but I think Bryan Westbrrok could be an upgrade at the third down back position. they are both around the same size and age. westbrook wears thin when overplayed and has been a prime star in this league. he still possesses the skills that once made him an all-pro and pro bowler. I would still try to resign Faulk but if Westbrook becomes available and is interested in coming over for about the same money, would be tough to resist. Westbrook would be a deadly and more explosive situational or third down only back. You can't get rid of Sammy Morris for he is also a fullback and short yardage machine which neither Westbrook or Faulk is. Its kind of an either/or situation. Can see Faulk quickly gobbled up by Denver, KC or Cleveland. I would quickly have Faulk Day in Foxboro but would take the overall upgrade in Westbrook. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

Re: Is Bryan Westbrook an upgrade over Kevin Faulk?

Why do people consistently post a thread that is redundant of thread 7 posts down. READ THE FREAKING THREADS!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

u mean concussion boy in philly?  a no.  He might retire after this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

This whole thread is about Westbrook and not particular to Maroney.

Read.

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9690Discussion%3aaf961305-b1ef-4dbd-ab68-31c66e0ff6b6

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Regardless, it is not an upgrade that the team needs. He did fine in tha playoff game. The starting RB role needs an upgrade. Deal with that first.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I think Westbrook is a better PLAYER, but Faulk's leadership might be more important for this team because it's trying to maintain the same winning culture while turning over the roster to younger players who haven't discovered the way to the promised land yet.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

Koolaid,

So you'd want to Westbrook, Brian Westbrook type money (cause he isn't playing for 1 mil a year) to use him situationally? Doesn't make financial sense, especially considering he's injury prone to a fault. Faulk did very well as a #1 or #2 back, granted out of the shotgun.

Westbrook wouldn't be an upgrade and isn't worth the risk. Maybe 5 years ago I'd take him in a NY minute, but Westbrook now is going to go the way of Shaun Alexander. His best years are way behind him.

Sections
Shortcuts