Is Denver done?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Is Denver done?

Denver is starting to show weakness and the euphoria of having a new (good but still young) coach is starting to show up. where do you see them finishing?

I say Wild Card with San Diego wining the West.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Is Denver done?

In Response to Is Denver done?:
    Denver is starting to show weakness and the euphoria of having a new (good but still young) coach is starting to show up. where do you see them finishing? I say Wild Card with San Diego wining the West.
    Posted by DaBlade

I was just commenting on that this morning. They are definitely on a hangover from that high they were riding early on. They could lose 3 or 4 more by the end of the season if they don't bounce back pretty quick. If I were a Broncos fan I'd be worried.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

I'm getting sick of seeing Josh running up the sidelines like a 12 year old.

New York, San Dieigo, Indy and Phili all could be potential L's.
    That would be 10 - 6 battling for a wild card.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Denver has played some pretty good football, but you can see that teams are starting to figure them out.

Something I noticed about yesterday, specifically the 2nd half is that despite the 2 Pitt turnovers, the Steelers were moving the ball with ease. 

On the opening drive they took the ball up the field and I believe would have eventually scored if not for the strip on Big Ben. 

They also moved the ball down the field with ease before the pick in the endzone.

Other than those two turnovers they completely dominated this Denver Defense. 

If Washington wasnt so horrific on the offense side of the ball, I would say they lose to them as well.  Washington has one of the best Defenses in the league but they pose absolutely no threat on the offense.

They still have to play SD again, Indy, Philly and the Giants.  Even though the Giants seem to be on a slide right now, the AFC West is no NFC East. 

So my prediction is 10-6.  Possible wildcard spot, but thats if Baltimore doesnt end up 10-6 because Balt should hold that tie breaker.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Is Denver done?:
    Denver is starting to show weakness and the euphoria of having a new (good but still young) coach is starting to show up. where do you see them finishing? I say Wild Card with San Diego wining the West.
    Posted by DaBlade

They've only got 2 losses, so, I'm not sure that they should be panicking. On the other hand, the Giants have lost 4 in a row......so, who's really in worse shape at this point?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

DaBlade I so hope you're wrong only because if you're right that means jbolt will be right as well and that is something this entire board hates to deal with.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I can see Denver going 4-4, perhaps 5-3 the rest of the way and finding themselves on the outside looking in. I fully expected a Bitchburgh win last night. What I did not expect was to see the Broncos thoroughly manhandled the way they were. But that said, this team is still light years ahead of where I thought it would be this season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Denver is a fake.  I have them as a 9-7 team over the rest of the season, actually only 8.7 victories out of 16.  Fortunately for them they're in the bunny patch, playing incompetent teams such as Oakland (1.8 victories out of 16), Washington (4.5) and Kansas City (2.2).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Kyle Orton and the Broncos are who we thought they were, and they will NOT be let off the hook.
    Take away that gift from Big Ben and Denver has 10 points the past 2 weeks. Did you see Champ quit on the Hines Ward touchdown at the end? This team still has alot of players that have meltdown etched in their brains and it will bite them eventually. Next week, after they beat WAS the broncos will say "everything's OK, see". Problem is, it's not. The Bolts Defense has improved vastly and they have an offense that can score with anybody. 
    This is not about the Broncos, it's the about the San Diego Chargers. The Chargers picked up 2 1/2 games in 17 days and they can't pickup a game in 8 weeks?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

In Response to Re: Is Denver done?:
    Kyle Orton and the Broncos are who we thought they were, and they will NOT be let off the hook. Take away that gift from Big Ben and Denver has 10 points the past 2 weeks. Did you see Champ quit on the Hines Ward touchdown at the end? This team still has alot of players that have meltdown etched in their brains and it will bite them eventually. Next week, after they beat WAS the broncos will say "everything's OK, see". Problem is, it's not. The Bolts Defense has improved vastly and they have an offense that can score with anybody.  This is not about the Broncos, it's the about San Diego Chargers. The Chargers picked up 2 1/2 games in 17 days and they can't pickup a game in 8 weeks?
    Posted by jbolted

Here's the difference. The Broncos have performed above expectations while the Chargers always perform below expectations. Sure you beat the Giants but that isn't much to go on these days. You beat the Raiders twice and the Chiefs once which is like beating high school teams. Just like the Pats your biggest tests are coming in the second half of the season. When and if you beat Denver, Philly, Cinci and Dallas come back and brag but until then you haven't much to crow about.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

I'm getting sick of seeing Josh running up the sidelines like a 12 year old. New York, San Dieigo, Indy and Phili all could be potential L's. That would be 10 - 6 battling for a wild card.
    Posted by K-max

You do realize that 8-8 won this division last season?  I wouldn't be so sure that 10-6 is battling for a wildcard when you play in either one of the putrid West divisions.  Also a bit unsure as to why there's a guy going into way too much detail about the Chargers...It's a Patriots message board dude, we don't really care too much about the Chargers.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

i dont think denver is done due to their hot start. They are 6-2 AND san diego has to play them @ Denver. San diego has no running game at all, so I still like DEnver's chances to win the division.

But, the past two weeks the Denver offense has been exploited, biltz Orton early and often. The pats didnt bring much of a blitz against orton and we lost that game, The ravens and steelers blitzed throughout the game! and shut down the Broncos.

Look for this to continue..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

HA! San Deigo is overrated, they can't run the ball and they can't stop the run or pass. When Sheli Manning posts a 115.3 QB rating against your team you should know that you have problems. Josh McD is a great offensive mind, he will find a way to make Kyle Orton look like John Elway again and get them to the playoffs.

The Bolts SUK! 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

When Denvers D plays well they win and when their D doesnt play up to snuff they lose but they still have a good shot at winnign their Div. And when they sweep the Chargers that will be the div title right there.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

The Broncos are far from done. They are 6-2, and have the Skins, Raiders, and Chiefs twice on the schedule. That practically hands them a 10-6 record right there. I'm also not sold on the Chargers. So far they have beaten up on weaker teams, and when December rolls around it's a lot harder to win through the air. We'll see how they do when they go to Denver. Their defense is nowhere near the caliber of either the Ravens or Steelers. Orton got a bit careless last night. I expect Josh will be working with him to stress the importance of not turning the ball over. Unless they have a major meltdown like last season I expect to see the Broncos in the postseason. Then they better hope they don't get the Colts, as Indy seems to have their number in January, despite their problems with most other teams. I don't think they are really legit as far as the SB is concerned, though, they are still a relatively young team. Plying the Skins next week should be a confidence builder to go into the SD game. That game will be the key. If they can sweep SD, I see them winning the division. If not, they will be fighting for a WC.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Chargers are overated and have been for years.

Denver's Offense is similar to NE (JM)...except for the most valuable piece....TB12

Remember last year when NE played Pitt and they put a beating on the Pats @ home....

Who was the QB?  

Cassel.

Similar situation in Denver....I guess you can say that Cassel and Orton are equal...idk...but they played in the same system.

Put pressure on JM qb and they will have trouble moving the ball effectively.

As far as the Broncos D...well like I mentioned earlier, they hung in the game but when Pitt got the ball in the second half they completely dominated the broncos.

They saw something in their defense and completely exposed it.

Yes Denver got two turnovers, but on those same two drives they were already moving the ball effectively on that defense.

So do I think they are done?

No!

They play in the AFC West, but what I believe we saw yesterday was a average team vs. a really solid team.  A defending SB team with a lot of pride. 

The reason NE lost to Denver is because Denver was better than them in week 4.  Its possible that Pittsburgh would have lost to Denver in week 4. 

Remember Pittsburgh started off slow this season as well. 

So that tells me that teams like NE and Pitt are starting to play the type of FB that they are known for.

Non-Believers beware.....The AFC is still very much alive.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

"When Denvers D plays well they win and when their D doesnt play up to snuff they lose"

Their defense was outstanding for the first half last night.  The offense couldn't generate anything and the d just got completely worn down in the 2nd half.  That counter play Pittsburgh was running netted about 50 yds on 3 attempts!  Denver is a good team but no defense can continue to play well if they're on the field every 3 minutes (especially in the thin Denver air!!!).  This team goes nowhere in the playoffs if they can't figure out how to get the ball downfield or at least show some consistency on offense and control the clock more.  When was the last time you saw a Broncos team get stuffed so bad on the ground?!  ZERO rushing first downs....ZERO!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

"When Denvers D plays well they win and when their D doesnt play up to snuff they lose" Their defense was outstanding for the first half last night.  The offense couldn't generate anything and the d just got completely worn down in the 2nd half.  That counter play Pittsburgh was running netted about 50 yds on 3 attempts!  Denver is a good team but no defense can continue to play well if they're on the field every 3 minutes (especially in the thin Denver air!!!).  This team goes nowhere in the playoffs if they can't figure out how to get the ball downfield or at least show some consistency on offense and control the clock more.  When was the last time you saw a Broncos team get stuffed so bad on the ground?!  ZERO rushing first downs....ZERO!!!
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33

Denver dominated the TOP in the 1st half, so whats the difference?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

I said 2nd half....they punted like 7 times in a row.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

The bottom line is they can sweep the Chargers and if they do that the div is theirs.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wtfmaroney. Show wtfmaroney's posts

hA broncos s|_|ck dic...tionaries lmao why r we talkin like dey good in any way theve always tanked since elway left nd josh shudve never left that y we kep kickin field goals

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

The bottom line is they can sweep the Chargers and if they do that the div is theirs.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

Aint happening. I love this thread, no respect for SD at all. I hope NE actually makes the playoffs this year so we can all find out.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

they are what we/i thought they were! not great or the best but should be competitive esp against the mid and lower level teams. they should easily win next week for example. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

"Aint happening. I love this thread, no respect for SD at all. I hope NE actually makes the playoffs this year so we can all find out."

Did you seriously just say that?!?!  Oh, sorry the Patriots had a record that was 3 games better than SD's last season but they didn't get to go to the playoffs because of the despicable AFC West stealing a playoff spot.  I don't care if you beat Indianapolis or not, an 8-8 team has absolutely no business in the playoffs when someone else is 11-5...by the way, how do you even finish 8-8 when you play in the same division as Oakland and Kansas City?!  To the Steeler fan that commended jbolted for showing up even after losses...never forget, once a troll, always a troll.  Go Broncos!

Sections
Shortcuts