Is Dobson on the bubble?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Is Dobson on the bubble?

Playing in the 4th Qtr of the last preseason game can't be a good sign.  I read great things all camp about him yet he showed nothing durning any of the games.  If he and Sims were in competition tonight I'd say Sims won by a Knock out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Is Dobson on the bubble?

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Playing in the 4th Qtr of the last preseason game can't be a good sign.  I read great things all camp about him yet he showed nothing durning any of the games.  If he and Sims were in competition tonight I'd say Sims won by a Knock out.

Good post.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

Nah, just getting some more work in. You don't cut a 2nd round pick in his rookie year regardless of his preseason performance. Even Taylor Price got a couple years before he got the boot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Dobson is not going anywhere 
    Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Not even close.              

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I don't think he is on the bubble.  I think he makes the team, just getting some much needed experience before the season begins.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

He's a rookie, the young WRs have all had ups and downs.

Tonight was not the first time the Sims kid has caught my attention however.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Good post.

LOL

This is where you're good. Sarcasm for morons.   Try sticking to isolating trolls, morons, etc.

How dumb does someone have to be to ask the question of a rookie WR who has a nice preseason, to be on the bubble?

Do you enjoy what you have enabled, True Champ?

These trolls will look for any reason to bash BB. WAKE UP

It's a discussion question.  Does the act ever end? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

simsShims will not get to the PS
    Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I don't think Dobson is on the bubble. That said, I wish the pats could find a way to keep sims. I like his game. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Good post.

I do not agree with either your post or the post you site as good.

Dobson looked good this preseason. He was not spectacular but is are you just a fantasy football fan? THis preseason the guy caught passes downfield. He caught passes over the middle. He got the coaches and TBs attention. He was wowing people in practicies. 

He is a rookie. Thompkins has outplayed him. But Thompkins looks like he is special. Now Dobson's upside looks even better but it is unusual for a rookie WR --- or a veteran --- to come in and shine right away. Wes and Randy did. Most others have just walked in and shined. Amendola shined. I think we have three impressive rookie WRs. 

Dobson could be a key deep pass and red zone receiver for this team by the last 4-6 games of the season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Good post.

Good post? I nominate this for most ridiculous post of the month! Cmon Tcal and Truechamp you both are much better than this!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Easy. Cut Slater, keep Sims.

So, you lose a few special teams tackles to keep a promising receiver.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I don't think he's on the bubble at all.  At the same time, I haven't been overly impressed with his performances in the games.  Some good stuff, some bad stuff.  For those who question BB's drafting, I think the interesting thing will be to watch how Cordarelle Patterson does in Minnesota.  We could have had him, but traded that pick and ended up getting four guys instead:

• Jamie Collins
    • Logan Ryan
    • Josh Boyce
    • Lagarette Blount (with Jeff Demps thrown in along with the pick).
    On the surface, that seems like a really good deal to me, especially if Collins, Ryan, and Boyce all live up to their potential.  But the trade did mean we passed on a receiver who many think will be a very good one and had to "settle" for Dobson and Boyce.  Judging the success of this trade, I think, will require seeing whether our glaring receiver need is met by Dobson and Boyce better than it would have been with Patterson, as well as looking at how the four guys we got for the Patterson pick turn out.    

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

I don't think he's on the bubble at all.  At the same time, I haven't been overly impressed with his performances in the games.  Some good stuff, some bad stuff.  For those who question BB's drafting, I think the interesting thing will be to watch how Cordarelle Patterson does in Minnesota.  We could have had him, but traded that pick and ended up getting four guys instead:

• Jamie Collins
    • Logan Ryan
    • Josh Boyce
    • Lagarette Blount (with Jeff Demps thrown in along with the pick).

On the surface, that seems like a really good deal to me, especially if Collins, Ryan, and Boyce all live up to their potential.  But the trade did mean we passed on a receiver who many think will be a very good one and had to "settle" for Dobson and Boyce.  Judging the success of this trade, I think, will require seeing whether our glaring receiver need is met by Dobson and Boyce better than it would have been with Patterson, as well as looking at how the four guys we got for the Patterson pick turn out.    

+1

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

He's not on the bubble, but I think I'd put Boyce, Sudfeld, Thompkins and Amendola ahead of him in terms of what they've showed/played. And that's not good enough - let's hope this guy isn't the way he is starting to look on the field right now. The guy ran a 4.4, but man he doesn't look like the type of receiver we usually go for around here (quick twitch, run after the catch types). We will learn a lot more as the season goes on. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

no. not this year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

He is worse than Ochocinco.  At least Ochocinco had a TD in preseason.  It would be awesome if he got cut. That way it would prove once again how horrible a GM we have.  The chances of Dobson making the HOF are pretty slim, so we should just cut bait now.  I expect every player BB drafts to make the HOF, or at the very least, 10 Pro Bowls. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

he is not going anywhere yet  he is a rookie they have their ups and downs 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

He hasn't done much to earn a whole lot of playing time, but no, he's not "on the bubble". He's a first year player and second round pick, obviously they are going to give him a little bit of time to improve.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:

He hasn't done much to earn a whole lot of playing time, but no, he's not "on the bubble". He's a first year player and second round pick, obviously they are going to give him a little bit of time to improve.

it'll be 3 years before we know if he's another 2nd round bust. I think he will be fine.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

I don't think Dobson is on the bubble. That said, I wish the pats could find a way to keep sims. I like his game. 

Simple. Cut Tebow and keep Sims.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

Good post.

Good post? I nominate this for most ridiculous post of the month! Cmon Tcal and Truechamp you both are much better than this!

It's simply a discussion topic.  I'm not saying he's on the bubble or he's even in danger of being cut.  I based the question on his lackluster play and the fact he played the entire game last night.  Not to mention Sims made some sweet catches last night. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Really with this?  Have people been drinking the Randy Moss redux coolaid?  Is he a failure already because he's not Randy Moss even though he's 6'3", fast, played basketball and went to Marshall?  The guy is a 2nd round pick and has shown more good than bad during the preseason.  Good downfield blocker, good hands, can run good routes but clearly needs to work on some things in his game.  The bubble?  Wow...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The body of evidence for a rookie receiver has to be more than one preseason.  Plus, who was the QB for him, both terrible backups?

Sections
Shortcuts