Is Edelman Done?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Re: Is Edelman Done?

That Herald bit is ominous.  When is a Pats' coach ever so candid?

Lot of rational, good opinions here. Obviously, his is not a cut-and-dry issue. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

The thing that is really dissapointing about Edelman is not his production on the field (although that is bad), it's that he gets injured a lot and if he ever werre a regular contributer  you wonder how much time he'd miss. He's clearly not a polished wideout or guy that you can depend on. I was listening to David Givens on the radio and he said it's a possibility that he's not putting in the effort during the week to get chances on the field.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

they need to get him more touches during the game so he can get in rhythmn, surprised they haven't used him for an end around pass play?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCeagles01. Show BCeagles01's posts

In Response to Re: Is Edelman Done?:
    I hate to say it but he hasn't taken advantage of his opportunities and I think he is done. 
    Posted by Macrawn

I think your right.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Is Edelman Done?:
    I think its time we put this Blanco Trifecta to bed once and for all.  It just looks bad and its not really accurate to boot.
    Posted by LatenightOwl

what the FK? why you got to go there? and bring the race thing into it? stoopid

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanadianPat. Show CanadianPat's posts

I think Edelman is done as a WR, but not as a Pat.  He can stick around as a special team player/3rd string QB

He has the makings of a very good punter returner. Maybe he can add gunner to his roles? And play on Kickoffs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Give the kid a break. He's insurance for Welker.
    He's had a few good games filling in for Wes.
    If Welker gets hurt (God forbid), you'll be glad he's here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jason4444444. Show Jason4444444's posts

I don't think that he is going to be released but I feel that hopefully (as in we have lots of other talent) he has a hard time making this team next year. I would be interested to hear what TB has to say about him. I know that it would be cryptic and he would barely say anything but I wonder if he is losing confidence in him. 

I also feel that he needs to get the ball in his hand in the open field. Give him a few screen passes in the next two weeks to give him some confidence and some needed experience. I would also really like to see him run a punt back as he was pretty excited when he did it a few weeks ago before the phantom call. 

I am a fan of Edelman and I hope that this is only his sophomore slump and that he will turn it around. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

This years Patriots are a very tight team. I'm sure most everyone on the team is pulling for Edelman. He had a nice rookie season and a big preformance against the Rvens in last years playoff game. He's capable of being a good punt returner and has a chance to develope into a slot reciever. He's a hard working guy and a second year player experiencing a little bit of a sophmore slump. He is injury prone! That could be his downside. He's also one of Belichick's guys! So even if we give up on the guy I don't think Belichick will until next year's 53 man roster.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

It is the oligatory once a week or every other week thread to see who is to be called a bust and needed to be traded or dump. These would soon be a more frequent occurance than your wife or girlfriend thinking aloud that YOU should be dumped.

Edelman was filling in admirably for the injured Welker last year, and then he suffered a broken arm. I thought he played some games while he was nursing the broken arm. He played with heart. He might still be recovering from the arm injury now. Let not forget he is still showing some flashes of decent ability on punt and kickoff returns. What kind of fickle fans are you? Do you stay supportive of the team or players for more than a quarter at a time?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Agree nomadfan. Again the production has changed considerably. Edelman's role has changed, but I still consider him a productive player. I hate it when some chimp says some guy is done when he's injured and is still under the age of 30. It's idiotic to evaluate players that are hurt. It's obvious that he subed in admirably (better than Stuckey or Crotchery). Anyone that has ever played football knows that any offense is a function of timing and talent. He hasn't alot of snaps (see timing) and again Brady is very comfortable with the players he's throwing to right now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from itllnevahapn. Show itllnevahapn's posts

with hernandez playing like a WR and leading all TE's in yac, and gronk catching td's where do you put him when you have tate, branch,welker,hernandez and grok playing 5 wide, he isnt better than any of them cept tate

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

some bad luck for JE

I think TB has thrown some tuff passes to him  that were borderline catchable

Lots of potentail  still maybe injured???

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjaycee. Show jjaycee's posts

If his popularity with fans(this is page 4)  regard his potential future-- needless
    to say- "he's loved", and his status is not exactly #1 of importance now-- MO- he'll be here in 2011 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

his not done by any means, he just  lower int he depth chart and cant move up atm, he has shown what he can do returing punts 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

. What kind of fickle fans are you? Do you stay supportive of the team or players for more than a quarter at a time?

Alex, just give that man a vowel. no need to buy one.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

i dont think hes going anywhere...he has upside as a receiver, hes just limited in reps bc we have good receivers ahead of him on the depth chart..also, he has the potential to be a very good returner..we have seen glimpses already. he just needs to learn and grow..third seasons the charm.

Sections
Shortcuts