Is Edelman on the Bubble?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

Re: Is Edelman on the Bubble?

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

In response to DanishPastry's comment:

I'm not saying he is a HoF-receiver, but less is needed to make the roster. Edelman is a 30-40 catches pr. season kind of guy, and thats fine! Plus he is a good PR, averaging more than 13 yards pr. PR over his career, with 3 TDs to boost.

If he doesn't make the team, then who does in his place? As of now it could be Aiken or Jenkins, but why? Do they bring something special to the table either as a receiver or in the return game?

Supra societatem nemo

It might be another TE or running back, too, that beats him out. Or even a defensive player.  All depends on how important Edelman's punt return skills are (does anyone beat him out there?) and how critical they see him as a back-up to Amendola.

Could be a TE or a RB beats him, I just don't see it happening.
    With so much uncertainty around the wide receivers, I think they will carry 6 - with Slater being a WR only on paper.

Plus, I actually like Edelman. He is not big, and from time to time his hands are questionable, but he is good in the slot, has Bradys' trust, is a hard worker, and has shown he understands the offense - which by all accounts is higly complex compared to other teams.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

I don't think he makes the team.  Every day I'm reading about the rooks and nothing on Edelman.  To be honest I thought he would have been cut last year had Demps not hurt himself.

I think it depends on Joshy and how he feels. Josh was the one who wanted to use him in place of Wesley. It had mixed results obviously. I still go back and forth. On one hand, he is replacable but on the other he is the only returning WR who knows the system. It depends on how comfy Brady feels by end of camp. I know him and DA will be fine barring injury, but if the rooks dont show good in preseason, I thnk you have to keep Eds and maybe IR one of the younger WR's.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

What about Tebow?  He plays no position well and most of you have him on your depth chart.

Comment of the year!!!! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Edelman really is a Welker type clone and as for his catching - I am pretty sure he had a MUCH lower drop % than Welker last year. IF he stays healthy and if he is used in the Welker role with Amendola playing more split, he could be a significant factor in the offense - he was utilized a lot in only 5 games last year - first 3 and games 7 & 8 before he went down - in those games he had 17 receptions - project the usage out to 16 games and he is in the 50-60 reception range. 

He gets injured, Amendola has a history of injury - having both on the team is insurance against the other and they could be quite productive together.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

I don't think he makes the team.  Every day I'm reading about the rooks and nothing on Edelman.  To be honest I thought he would have been cut last year had Demps not hurt himself.

Edelman makes the team. He is one of, if not the most versatile player on the team. BB loves his versatility. He is also an excellent kick returner. If he can remain healthy there is no way he is cut, especially with the depth and comfort he brings to Tom in the slot.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Watch this 1 on 1 drill with Pats receivers vs Eagles DB's and it looks like Edelman has some very tough competition.  Not sure he sees as much time as many of us thought he would.  Edelman might be the 5or 6th best WR of the group, imo.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/multimedia/videos/DBs-Square-Off-vs-Patriots-WRs/6e5f12fd-810b-4c9a-85a4-464acd5a46b9

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

Easily best post of the month.  Thanks for sharing... do we have a jersey numbers break down?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

thanks for posting that video TFB. Good stuff.

it doesn't look like Edelman is getting much separation, and he looks a bit slower than years past. Honestly, I think he is still working his way back into football shape. I say he makes it.

I agree and have been saying this all along.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

[QUOTE]

Watch this 1 on 1 drill with Pats receivers vs Eagles DB's and it looks like Edelman has some very tough competition.  Not sure he sees as much time as many of us thought he would.  Edelman might be the 5or 6th best WR of the group, imo.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/multimedia/videos/DBs-Square-Off-vs-Patriots-WRs/6e5f12fd-810b-4c9a-85a4-464acd5a46b9

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

Easily best post of the month.  Thanks for sharing... do we have a jersey numbers break down?

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Dude!  Check out the other thread titled Pats vs Eagles 1 on 1 drills to see the DB's in action.

Here is the roster for jersey numbers

http://www.patriots.com/team/roster.html