is EDELMAN the BEST free agent signing of the year? think about it...

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Re: is EDELMAN the BEST free agent signing of the year? think about it...

The best free agent signing this year in the NFL was Woodhead by the Chargers!  The Edelman signing maybe the best by the Patriots!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to tenace4life's comment:

The best free agent signing this year in the NFL was Woodhead by the Chargers!  The Edelman signing maybe the best by the Patriots!

+1

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:

emen only had a token interview with the g-men who offered vets minimum at best. pats guaranteed 750k with 250k in incentives to make it 1m.. he's on path with 2 more games played to get all the incentives. based on production/salary value, who else even comes close. no way no how are we where we are with out him. talking .500 team. he was the one reliable outside of tb.

emen  had the ras-i porcelain thing going, now he's beeen available for every game. the best punt returner in the game (heck, in the history of the game in terms of average and positive yards), been the best slotslut.. better than welkie and amen and even mr. salsa.. he's in the 3 year 16million range this off-season.

The Jints are probly kicking themselves now,  losers could have snagged the multi -talented slot/return guy away from the Patriots... 

Anyone who didn't see his value to the team last year is blind.  He just got injured so the stock goes down.   When healthy ,  the guy changes games...  as a return guy and a possession type receiver with major YAC.

If you doubt his value look at what happens when you let a punt bounce.  Never has he looked better.  Knocking on wood,... stay healthy ,buddy.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

at the end of the year...damn...you may be right. Edelman has been very good though. Now if buster amendola could do something We would be on to something. He's been hurt or dreadful-save 2 games. Pathetic.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Fletcherbrook's comment:

at the end of the year...damn...you may be right. Edelman has been very good though. Now if buster amendola could do something We would be on to something. He's been hurt or dreadful-save 2 games. Pathetic.

My concern with Amendola is will he be able to stay on the field and maintain Brady's confidence? We see TB looking for Gronk, Vereen, Edelman and one of Dobson/Thompkins more so than DA. Is he not open or has Brady lost confidence in him? 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

My concern with Amendola is will he be able to stay on the field and maintain Brady's confidence? We see TB looking for Gronk, Vereen, Edelman and one of Dobson/Thompkins more so than DA. Is he not open or has Brady lost confidence in him? 

That's a very good and valid question. I don't know the answer... but either answer is not good. Still hurt?? He has been a non factor. He is our marquee free agent and thus far the return is abysmal.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

It's not confidence, it's contiunity of chemistry.  Amendola is trending up, as is the offense.

Amendola had a great game against Pitt and a good one against Carolina (6, 45 in 7 targets).  

Now, address our bet once and for all.

I did. You lost. Same as you did in March. Results don't change because you continue to lie about it every day

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

It's not confidence, it's contiunity of chemistry.  Amendola is trending up, as is the offense.

Amendola had a great game against Pitt and a good one against Carolina (6, 45 in 7 targets).  

Now, address our bet once and for all.

Trending up? Not strong with numbers in addition to letters as well? Trending up is a ambiguous at best. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

It's tough to tell who was the best.  Typically, teams don't include their own FAs in this type of discussion.  In this case, Belichick sign so many busted FAs this past off season that I don't think there is a single one left other than those already on the team.  So yeah, Edelman.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:

It's tough to tell who was the best.  Typically, teams don't include their own FAs in this type of discussion.  In this case, Belichick sign so many busted FAs this past off season that I don't think there is a single one left other than those already on the team.  So yeah, Edelman.

Bustchise can't let it go...two in a row BEDBUG, two in a row....why continue the charade...LMAO @ U

Another brilliant post from the great protector of rusty.  Never ever seen a post related to football from you.  Are you rusty's gramma?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Bustchise can't let it go...two in a row BEDBUG, two in a row....why continue the charade...LMAO @ U

Another brilliant post from the great protector of rusty.  Never ever seen a post related to football from you.  Are you rusty's gramma?

Nope...I just love to torment you BEDBUG...lmao...

Oh yeah, here's an answer to the posted question...

THE BEST FREE AGENT SIGNING THIS YEAR WAS THE JETS SIGNING OF ED REED...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

On a board full of idiots, you think being a bigger idiot is somehow tormenting to me?  yep, you just proved my point.  ID10T.  

In reality, the guy who ran all of the Pats when the rebuilding Jets smoked them was their best FA signing.  Although I thought that his 100 yards was good, at first, the fact that Moreno ran for 220+ yards showed just how awful that Pats run D really is.  100 yards is no big thing against them.   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:

emen only had a token interview with the g-men who offered vets minimum at best. pats guaranteed 750k with 250k in incentives to make it 1m.. he's on path with 2 more games played to get all the incentives. based on production/salary value, who else even comes close. no way no how are we where we are with out him. talking .500 team. he was the one reliable outside of tb.

emen  had the ras-i porcelain thing going, now he's beeen available for every game. the best punt returner in the game (heck, in the history of the game in terms of average and positive yards), been the best slotslut.. better than welkie and amen and even mr. salsa.. he's in the 3 year 16million range this off-season.

Excellent Topic Heading and I can agree with this premise.  Now only if I could read what you wrote.  Why are you using this writing style?  It is horrible.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Good lord these threads are getting out of hand ridiculous!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I like Edelman....a lot. I felt pretty strongly the Pats needed to resign him last offseason. That being said, he is a complimentary piece, not a #1 or a #2 guy. If a D game plans for him, they are usually able to take him out of the game as we saw a few games ago. When the D has so many weapons to worry about on the pats offense, EDelman can be a play maker. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

Just before he got hurt last year he was returning punts like I have never seen anyone before. Really unbelievable. Not as much this year but he's been consistent and he's the Pats top receiver.

Came up big against the Donks too. 9 catches out of 11 targets for 110 yards and he scored 2 of the TDs plus on one if I remember correctly he flew into the end zone from like the 3-4 yard line.

He's the amazing nobody that has been the glue holding this team together this season. Brady is obviously the biggest piece but he's not a nobody. Everyone knows Brady.  Denver fans must have been scratching their heads - hey who is #11 tearing apart our secondary?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

TB has confidence in all the receivers

Ja was open a few times but on times TB was under pressure

Lets not get concerned with indupvidual stats TB is once again throwing to his favorite receiver -the open man

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

yeah....I'm just glad edelam still in the team and didn't sign with the g-men.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Tim Tebow. He took some of the attention away from the Hernandez (who??) circus.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think this is actually a positive because I watched him in camp (and the first game of the season) look at no one else but Amendola. Too me it was actually nice to see Brady NOT look his way too often Sunday night - and the announcers were saying Amendola was getting open, but Brady just didn't look for him. During the first half I thought he was as pathetically average as any player could possibly be (that play where he fell down comming out of his break and the play before where he was all alone with one guy on him, but couldn't lose the guy were bad plays too me).

I don't want to see Amendola getting fed right now, if he's done anything in his career it's prove that if he gets fed, he gets injuerd. Period. The same holds true for Edelman....he will get hurt. We need both of these guys upright heading into the playoffs - come to think of it we can't have another injury anywhere on this team from here on out. Imagine if Vereen goes down again? And he's another guy that hasn't been able to stay healthy for more than a month - we need him out on that field - he opens up a whole other dimension to this offense.

Sections
Shortcuts