is espn being double standard?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

is espn being double standard?

espn isnt reporting the case on big ben for whatever reason.I thought news was news.now you can beleive if it was brady,or another big name on the pats team.espn would be all over it,trying to tear down the pats some more.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/21/espn-ignores-big-ben-story-so-far/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Re: is espn being double standard?

They had Kobe Bryant's sexual assualt case on all the time as well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

It seems the shooting case with Marvin Harrison was really played down too.I haven't heard anything about that for a while.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

How can any of you guys still watch ESPN? I mean its clearly a tabloid station and we all openly hate it so why do you continue to watch it? I mean seriously how can any Pats fan watch that channel.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

In Response to Re: is espn being double standard?:
    [QUOTE]How can any of you guys still watch ESPN? I mean its clearly a tabloid station and we all openly hate it so why do you continue to watch it? I mean seriously how can any Pats fan watch that channel.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

I don't anymore. Started to slowly decrease my watching of ESPN in 2005. The whole Spygate incident and turning their backs on opinions and expressions that said that the whole video taping didn't result in any competitive advantage was the last straw for me. To me ESPN has become the National Enquirer of the sportsworld.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Yep, they ran every single story that made the Pats look bad during spygate but at the end when guys like Goodel came out and said e never cheated and that Walsh had no such super bowl tape or anything like that ESPN didnt run any of it! ESPN is a joke and I dont watch it and I really dont understand how any Pats fans can watch that c rap.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from theplaintruth. Show theplaintruth's posts

Double standard is putting it mild.  My disdain for their reporting goes back to the Bret Favre drug scandal.  A reporter from ESPN actually called his agent and gave him the opportunity to come clean before he reported the story. He knew he was safe from anyone at the hospital saying anything about his "seizures" due to confidientiality. They ran Spygate into the dirt.  Kobe into the dirt.  The even reported on Marvin Harrison when the story first broke (and continued with updates).  They through Moss under the bus.  Ray Lewis is another. It's unfortunate that they selectively report (like Fox News) the actual sports news. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

ESPN is the Fox News of the Sports World, thats a good way to put it Plaintruth.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

First off, ESPN and by extension Disney, is probably using their entire legal staff on chasing down the culprit involved in the Erin Andrews video and suing the hell out of anyone that posts it on-line. And they have to seriously consider what exactly to say about Big Ben and potential ramifications therein. But yeah both the Harrison gun use and Big Ben's alleged rape are being or have been woefully underreported. Any news organization can report what it wants. I am not an editor, but I'd want to make damn sure about the facts before this story got exposure. If the case gets dropped two weeks later, Ben can have his lawyer come up with an defamation suit against the chick and anyone who published errorneous information.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I am not even sure if I know who this Erin Andrews women is but there is no way they can keep that tape from hitting teh internet no way at all. Thats teh world we live in, she got taped naked and it will be on the internet.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]I am not even sure if I know who this Erin Andrews women is but there is no way they can keep that tape from hitting teh internet no way at all. Thats teh world we live in, she got taped naked and it will be on the internet.
    By close of business today, I say.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]First off, ESPN and by extension Disney, is probably using their entire legal staff on chasing down the culprit involved in the Erin Andrews video and suing the hell out of anyone that posts it on-line. And they have to seriously consider what exactly to say about Big Ben and potential ramifications therein. But yeah both the Harrison gun use and Big Ben's alleged rape are being or have been woefully underreported. Any news organization can report what it wants. I am not an editor, but I'd want to make damn sure about the facts before this story got exposure. If the case gets dropped two weeks later, Ben can have his lawyer come up with an defamation suit against the chick and anyone who published errorneous information.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE]

They can report the basic facts - that she filed a civil lawsuit against him for sexual assault (at least that is what I got off the radio). They don't have to go any further than that. It is a story after all.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

ESPN = The Fox News of the sports world. They only report what they want to report.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]Double standard is putting it mild.  My disdain for their reporting goes back to the Bret Favre drug scandal.  A reporter from ESPN actually called his agent and gave him the opportunity to come clean before he reported the story. He knew he was safe from anyone at the hospital saying anything about his "seizures" due to confidientiality. They ran Spygate into the dirt.  Kobe into the dirt.  The even reported on Marvin Harrison when the story first broke (and continued with updates).  They through Moss under the bus.  Ray Lewis is another. It's unfortunate that they selectively report (like Fox News) the actual sports news. 
    Posted by theplaintruth[/QUOTE] they want to preserve there freindship.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/21/is-espn-trying-to-preserve-its-relationship-with-roethlisberger/

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

I stopped watching ESPN a long time ago. Occasionally, it's unavoidable if I want to watch whenever the Pats are on. Also have to tune in if I want to watch certain golf tournaments. But there's always the mute button.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Could it be they are trying to exercise some journalistic integrity and checking out the woman's story to see if it is legit?  Oops, I accidentally drank the wrong kool-aid!!  It's going to be the next E-60 story now!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agent56. Show agent56's posts

I used to watch espn back in the day before that idiot mark shclereth and  the rest of the moron's over there blew the whole spygate !@!# out of purportion. I havent been back there since and dont plan on ever watching those idiots ever again.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toedipus. Show toedipus's posts

I live in Pittsburgh and the story is big on the front page of the Post Gazette. I'm not much for conspiracy theories but it is odd that ESPN wouldn't even mention the allegation when every other outlet is. They mentioned it on the local ESPN radio station.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

[QUOTE]How can any of you guys still watch ESPN? I mean its clearly a tabloid station and we all openly hate it so why do you continue to watch it? I mean seriously how can any Pats fan watch that channel.

Agreed MVP. I have not watched it since 2007...haven't missed it either. Of course my other half still tunes in and I give him plenty of grief about it. lol

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

[QUOTE]Double standard is putting it mild.  My disdain for their reporting goes back to the Bret Favre drug scandal.  A reporter from ESPN actually called his agent and gave him the opportunity to come clean before he reported the story. He knew he was safe from anyone at the hospital saying anything about his "seizures" due to confidientiality. They ran Spygate into the dirt.  Kobe into the dirt.  The even reported on Marvin Harrison when the story first broke (and continued with updates).  They through Moss under the bus.  Ray Lewis is another. It's unfortunate that they selectively report (like Fox News) the actual sports news. 
    Posted by theplaintruth[/QUOTE]

Excellent comparision (Fox News). Talk about a laughable network. They don't even TRY to be 'fair and balanced'. Did you hear about dolt Brian Kilmeade's diatribe about marrying 'different species, races...unpure...'? OMG. I caught it on The Soup with Joel McHale and was as dumbfounded as Joel was. lmao

Yup, Fox and ESPN should just merge with TMZ and get it over with. lol

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from theplaintruth. Show theplaintruth's posts

Fox News, ESPN, and TMZ that was great!! Rupert will have it available at your local IMAX by next Friday LOL...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

hahahah merge with TMZ I like it!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from theplaintruth. Show theplaintruth's posts

This article provides ESPN's so called explanation regarding their lack of reporting the Big Ben Story.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/22/espn-non-report-of-roethlisberger-story-embarrassing/

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I've noticed that ESPN isn't reporting another story that came out today.The Man who accused Marvin Harrison of shooting him last year,was shot 7 times last night.He claimed to the police on the scene that he thought Harrison had paid for a hit on him.

Sections
Shortcuts