is espn being double standard?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from theplaintruth. Show theplaintruth's posts

Re: is espn being double standard?

In Response to Re: is espn being double standard?:
    [QUOTE]I've noticed that ESPN isn't reporting another story that came out today.The Man who accused Marvin Harrison of shooting him last year,was shot 7 times last night.He claimed to the police on the scene that he thought Harrison had paid for a hit on him.
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]
    You really don't like Marvin do you?  Just kidding!  Keep up the fight.  ESPN is really something.  Their most egregious affront in this regard is their front as Lance Armstrong's public relations firm.  IMHO he is the world's worst sports role model and present him as the Christ.  He's only slightly ahead of Paul Hamm.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

[QUOTE]Fox is one of the only sources that will not openly worship Obama.  They kick CNN, MSNBC and CNBC as*s because they will report both sides.  If you want one sided, try NBC's Chris Matthews  - he claims he gets 'tingly feelings down his leg at the mention of Obama". As for ESPN, they have their good and bad.  For real football, NFL Network is far better.
    Posted by Encinitas[/QUOTE]

OMG Encitis, or whatever your name is. Are you serious? I've watched Fox News since 2001 and they are no more 'balanced' than humpty dumpty was on the wall. Good grief.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

[QUOTE]hahahah merge with TMZ I like it!
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

Hee hee, well it's true. Fox and ESPN might have more credibility if they joined forces with TMZ. lol And how sad is that?!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]I've noticed that ESPN isn't reporting another story that came out today.The Man who accused Marvin Harrison of shooting him last year,was shot 7 times last night.He claimed to the police on the scene that he thought Harrison had paid for a hit on him.
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

Mojo - I believe this guy's got a rap sheet as long as Ruplestiltskin's hair.  The fact that it was reported at all surprises me.  Apparently this guy could get shot by John Dillenger and it would not be surprising.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: is espn being double standard? : You really don't like Marvin do you?  Just kidding!  Keep up the fight.  ESPN is really something.  Their most egregious affront in this regard is their front as Lance Armstrong's public relations firm.  IMHO he is the world's worst sports role model and present him as the Christ.  He's only slightly ahead of Paul Hamm.
    Posted by theplaintruth[/QUOTE]

Truth - I am interested in your deeper thoughts about these two guys (armstrong and hamm).  Why don't you like them?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: is espn being double standard? : OMG Encitis, or whatever your name is. Are you serious? I've watched Fox News since 2001 and they are no more 'balanced' than humpty dumpty was on the wall. Good grief.
    Posted by CTLadyluvsPats[/QUOTE]

Fox is definitely slanted to the right, but you're kidding yourself if you say it's more slanted than MSNBC or NBC is to the left.  The same goes for just about all network and cable news - all liberal biased.  If you don't see it, that's probably because you are to the left and therefore consider network coverage to be "reasonable".

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OOLLYY. Show OOLLYY's posts

Sports media has followed general media.  Days of Walter Cronkite reporting the news unbiasly and without sensationalizing are looooooooooong gone.

Another thing fueling the fenomina of sensationizing sports reporting is as Howard Cosell used to say,... "Jockracy" is killing sports reporting.  All these ex-jocks interjecting thier personall opinions and wearing their disdain for ex-opponants outwardly on thier sleeves is disgusting.

It is clear in my mind that ESPN hates the Pat's, some say because they did not move to Conn. a decade or so ago.  It's clear in my mind that they have thier personall favorite players/teams ie. Big Cheeseburger, Payton Manning, Marvin Harrison, etc.

I personally have boycotted watching ESPN, the whole spygate thing was way, way, way over blown in my opinion.  Furthermore, they swept under the rug interviews with ex-coaches like Jimmy Johnson, saying they used to do it all the time.....  It was all conveiniant to tear down the Pats and created sensationalistic media coverage....!!!

Blah,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from theplaintruth. Show theplaintruth's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: is espn being double standard? : Truth - I am interested in your deeper thoughts about these two guys (armstrong and hamm).  Why don't you like them?
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

Dogg,
    I spent too much time in San Antonio.  It's Armstrong country.  I know too many things about him to like him.  His PR firm ESPN & Associates has ignored or chose to overlook his serious character flaws and significant amount of evidence that he's a cheat who has used PED's.  Personally I find his being upheld as a role model completely disgusting.  He's the last person I'd want my children to emulate.  He cheated on his wife for years (kept residences in his training areas and France for his women to live in).  When he was stricken with cancer, it was his wife (they'd been separated) who returned to his side to nurse him back to health.  At his request she agreed to bear his children (in case he didn't recover), so the LA name would live on.  After she did this and while she was taking care of his kids, he began other trysts.  The most commonly known being Sheryl Crow.  He eventually left his wife to be with Crow.  Then he began cheating on Crow and upon learning she had developed cancer, abandoned her.  He didn't feel the same compassion or decency his ex-wife displayed when he needed someone.  Finally, with all the drug scandals in professional sports, few question this professional athlete.  People say that athletes in other sports can't perform as well as natural maturation takes place.  For LA, he's just a supreme specimen.  This guy is riding in the TDF mere months after a major injury and no one questions how (and he's in 2nd place).  He's gained more endorsements over the years producing a financial empire.  Before any jumps down my throat for not mentioning his very PUBLIC philanthropy via the LAF, give me a break.  Most pro athletes do the same if not more via their foundations.
    Paul Hamm is a loser.  He's should've been a silver medalist and received all the trimmings that go along with it.  Instead he was awarded the GOLD medal due to a scoring error and kept it.  Everyone (including himself) knew he was defeated in competition, yet because of some technicality (which has been corrected), he was allowed to keep it.  Poor sportsmanship, poor role model, and a cry baby.  Then he went on a victory tour acting as if he'd actually WON.  He also, is someone I'd never want my kids to emulate.  Amateur athletics are supposed to be about competition, sportsmanship, and integrity.  Paul Hamm showed the entire world that as an amateur athlette representing the USA, he has no integrity or class.  Check out this story.  This is an example of what should've taken place.

http://sportsjamaica.com/read_article.php?id=14706

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Who would have guessed Truth had so much hate in him? LOL not me

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from theplaintruth. Show theplaintruth's posts

Killa,

I just moved into a rival school district.  The Brady to Moss II "wonder twins" are coming for you!! LOL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from theplaintruth. Show theplaintruth's posts

These guys are a complete joke.  Now that the "ticking time bomb" needs a mouthpiece, ESPN decides to post his response:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4350996

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Bring um on truth! lol I love coaching defense and I am all abotu getting after the QB so your Brady 2 better be ready to get hit in his mouth lol

Yea ESPN only reported this because they were getting slammed by the national media for not reporting it. They litterally waited till other sports media started calling them out for what they did in spygate and how they are not reporting on Big Ben and once they started getting called out and couldnt ignore the story any longer they finally reported on it. And teh first chance they got to try and make ben look liek teh victim they took it. BSPN= Fox news of the sporting world.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: is espn being double standard? : Mojo - I believe this guy's got a rap sheet as long as Ruplestiltskin's hair.  The fact that it was reported at all surprises me.  Apparently this guy could get shot by John Dillenger and it would not be surprising.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

Rapuznel had the hair.

Rumplestiltskin just thought nobody knew his name.

I guess they didn't teach that at Vandy.Cool