Is Galloway finally benched?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J109. Show J109's posts

Is Galloway finally benched?

Is anyone else happy to see bad hands Joey benched until he learns how to catch?

Maybe Galloway has been a practice wonder, but both Julian and Aiken seem to produce at a much higher level during the game.

The loss to Jets could easily be blamed in part on Galloway's Drops

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sammykd. Show Sammykd's posts

Re: Is Galloway finally benched?

Looks like it.  Aiken looked good on a couple of long yardage catches.

Make room for Seau.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J109. Show J109's posts

Does anyone think the pats will cut him?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I think he was told to learn the playbook.

It's not as though he can't catch or isnt fast enough anymore as much as him always being in the wrong place to make a play.  Maybe as a vet he took it for granted how easy the playbook was going to be to learn and just hadnt invested the time to learn it, either way Edelman seemed to pick it up faster than him and it pissed Tommy off.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I would still like to see what effect(if any) Galloway could have in a 5 wr set. Moss Galloway split wide with the Welker brothers inside and Watson or Faulk running in the middle of the field or wherever! I still think with Galloway taking a safety deep(like an Ed Reed) How could any team stop the other 4 guys? You have to commit a safety even though its Galloway considering the accuracy of our QB. Aside from that point I don't see Aiken as a better option at receiver then Galloway, seems he drops just as many balls in single coverage as Joey does. I would hate to see us cut him without getting another chance with the entire offense in tact and Brady improving! Although I wouldn't be surprised.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J109. Show J109's posts

In Response to Re: Is Galloway finally benched?:
    [QUOTE]I would still like to see what effect(if any) Galloway could have in a 5 wr set. Moss Galloway split wide with the Welker brothers inside and Watson or Faulk running in the middle of the field or wherever! I still think with Galloway taking a safety deep(like an Ed Reed) How could any team stop the other 4 guys? You have to commit a safety even though its Galloway considering the accuracy of our QB. Aside from that point I don't see Aiken as a better option at receiver then Galloway, seems he drops just as many balls in single coverage as Joey does. I would hate to see us cut him without getting another chance with the entire offense in tact and Brady improving! Although I wouldn't be surprised.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

I guess the question when will Galloway get rid of the dropsies

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

So it turns out you can't teach an old dog new tricks?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]I think he was told to learn the playbook.   It's not as though he can't catch or isnt fast enough anymore as much as him always being in the wrong place to make a play.  Maybe as a vet he took it for granted how easy the playbook was going to be to learn and just hadnt invested the time to learn it, either way Edelman seemed to pick it up faster than him and it pissed Tommy off.
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

It turns out he really can't catch. How many drops has he had so far.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Galloway finally benched? : It turns out he really can't catch. How many drops has he had so far.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

689 catches over his career for 10,777 yards, 77 touchdowns with an impressive 15.6 yards per catch average; 151 of those catches were for 20+ yards, 50 were over 40+ yard bombs. 

A 4 time pro bowler I don't think he has anything left to prove except maybe that he can learn the PAT's playbook and fit into our system.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J109. Show J109's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Galloway finally benched? : 689 catches over his career for 10,777 yards, 77 touchdowns with an impressive 15.6 yards per catch average; 151 of those catches were for 20+ yards, 50 were over 40+ yard bombs.  A 4 time pro bowler I don't think he has anything left to prove except maybe that he can learn the PAT's playbook and fit into our system.
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

I think you are missing the point. It isn't just him not getting open often. I and others think he is benched because he kept dropping balls.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Galloway finally benched? : I think you are missing the point. It isn't just him not getting open often. I and others think he is benched because he kept dropping balls.
    Posted by J109[/QUOTE]

He dropped a few but so did Moss, Aiken, Watson and Edelman; he pissed off Tommy because he was running wrong routes, didn't know the play was coming to him or not breaking off routes when plays broke down.  Do you really think Tom was over/under throwing Galloway all those times in the first couple games or was Brady throwing it right to where he was supposed to be? 

Aiken dropped a bunch in his first action against the Ravens, if he is Joey's replacement tell me how we're better off?  At least he knows the playbook, that's how...  A coach won't eat your lunch because you drop a few, but if you're not where you're supposed to be... look out. 

Remember Reche Caldwell spent an entire season dropping easy catches as a starter without getting cut, I think they'll give Galloway another look unless they think he just isn't going to learn the playbook.  You don't make 4 Pro Bowls with a reputation of having the "dropsies."

He is considered a deep threat and was being used as a possesion receiver early with Welker out, this was outside his comfort zone and he probably didn't study the slot routes as intensely as the deep routes... not making excuses for him because he has played poorly but he is still arguably a hall of fame receiver.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from _008_. Show _008_'s posts

Aiken dropped a few, I think it's gonna take some time for him to get on the same page as Brady.  He hasn't been running routes in a game so I'm sure it's gonna take some time.  I like his elusiveness, seems like he can get some yards after the catch.  Edelman has been great but he is more of a slot guy, not someone who can stretch the field.  I think Nunn should get a chance!  He has good size and speed, and shown to have better hands than others making acrobatic catches during the preseason.  I'd also like to see more passes thrown to Chris Baker.  I'm sure Galloway can contribute somehow but he can't be relied on as a full-time third receiver. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

A season veteran gets as many chances as he needs. After this game (Broncos) the Patriots have alot of weak games until the face Saytan Manning and his Colts. Those will be the games where Brady finds his stride with Galloway. The Patriots aren't a better team with Galloway out (Maroney: yes), they don't have a replacement for him in the foreseeable future. Unless Brandon Tate knows the playbook like Brady knows the back of Gisele's head (Ha!), I can't honestly say he will be the answer either. 

On a subject completly different from the story, if you were Tom Brady, and you had a choice of marrying either Gisele Bundchen or Adriana Lima, who would you pick? (Adriana for me personally) 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]On a subject completly different from the story, if you were Tom Brady, and you had a choice of marrying either Gisele Bundchen or Adriana Lima, who would you pick? (Adriana for me personally) 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Adriana... sorry Tom, Gisele never really did it for me.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Galloway finally benched? : 689 catches over his career for 10,777 yards, 77 touchdowns with an impressive 15.6 yards per catch average; 151 of those catches were for 20+ yards, 50 were over 40+ yard bombs.  A 4 time pro bowler I don't think he has anything left to prove except maybe that he can learn the PAT's playbook and fit into our system.
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

He has to actually catch the ball. Who cares what he caught before? If he can't catch, he doesn't play.

Old stats don't win games.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

Hey, I'm an old guy, so I had to go to the web to see who A. Lima is.  She's actually very cute, very nice, very....  What was the question again?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Galloway/Brace inactive because Bill B.didn't know how far Welker/Wilfork could go and he might need backups; i.e. Edleman/Sands. No?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

In Response to Is Galloway finally benched?:
    [QUOTE]Is anyone else happy to see bad hands Joey benched until he learns how to catch? Maybe Galloway has been a practice wonder, but both Julian and Aiken seem to produce at a much higher level during the game . The loss to Jets could easily be blamed in part on Galloway's Drops
    Posted by J109[/QUOTE]

FINALITY??

Sections
Shortcuts