Is Geno Smith a bust?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Is Geno Smith a bust?

After 10 games he has 8 TDs and 16 picks. Looks like another jets disaster pick so far. Butt-Fumble 2?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Is Geno Smith a bust?

Most QBs that are that bad at protecting the ball don't get better.  He has 20 turnovers through 10 games.  Not even Sanchez was that bad at protecting the football.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

I don't think you can be considered a bust when every reasonable football fan knew he'd stink. He's a reach not a bust.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Really? 2nd rd draft choice starting. Poor skill position assets. If Geno is a bust, what is fellow 2nd rd choice Collins?

Lets give it some time

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Really? 2nd rd draft choice starting. Poor skill position assets. If Geno is a bust, what is fellow 2nd rd choice Collins?

Lets give it some time

If the Patriots LB corps were as bad as the QB situation in New Jersey then Collins would start here.  Obviously Geno is going to get more time, but I imagine history hasn't been kind to QBs that turn it over at the rate Geno has when they come into the league.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

After 10 games he has 8 TDs and 16 picks. Looks like another jets disaster pick so far. Butt-Fumble 2?

hes terrible. one of if not the worst qb in the league

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In a word...YES!! Before he's done, Jets fans will be yearning for the good ole days of Richard Todd, Al Woodall, and Mark Sanchez....LOL!!!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to HeygangLH's comment:

he beat you guys?!

can't be that bad.

So did Sanchez.  I'm sure you just love him.  LMAO @ U.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Lets give it some time

I say give him all the time he wants. I hope he stays there a long, long time.... just another average to below average QB on a mediocre team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

He's not a bust he's the perfect replacement for Sanchez.  Another 5 years of loserdoom in NJ. 

* tears well in JZ'S eyes *

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

RETURN OF THE BUTTFUMBLE

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

GIF via GIFD Sports (@gifdsports)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

Thanks for the slideshow mel. Do you have  the clip from Monday nights game? the last play. You know the one where Brady grossly underthrew gronk in the endzone and it ended up as an INT in the endzone to end the game. That one.

Thanks

I don't know that you want to start comparing any recent Jets quarterbacks with Tom Brady.  How many have there been since Brady became the Patriots' quarterback?  Besides the ball was not underthrown.  As every unbiased observer knows, the Panthers cheated--Gronkowski was mugged and prevented from being able to make a play on the ball. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:

What does Sanchez have to do with anything this year? he's hurt. bring in the next guy. The next guy ended up beating you earlier this year. Should have beat you both times. No arguing that one either.

How much did they lose that game by?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I simply do not understand how anyone makes a decision on a rookie after a handful of games? He has had a few pretty good games, and a similar amount of horrible games. I am not ready to say he is a star, but a bust? Seems premature. We gave fellow second round draft choices RasI, TWilson and JCollins more than 10 games before declaring them busts. Regardless of Geno wearing green or not, seems to me any rookie deserves some time....let's see how it unfolds. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

For Christ's sake ,  he is a rookie 2nd round pick!  He has absolutely THE WORST supporting cast in the NFL.  The Jets have absolutely nobody at WR, RB, TE.  You guys compare him to Sanchez?  Was Sanchez really that bad?  He played well in the playoffs and won 4 playoff games, including shocking Brady and Pats in 2010 in Foxboroguh.

Sanchez also had a terrible supporting cast the past 2 years.  When he had a decent one, he definitely was a decent QB.  Sanchez went to playoffs in his first two years, was 8 and 8 in his third, and 6-10 in his 4th season.

I'd like to know how that is so terrible? He never had a competent offensive coach to groom him. He has not had pro-bowl WR's in his years.  

You think Stafford is so much better? What about Gabbert?  Now Gabbert is a bust, hasn't shown absolutely anything.  Sanchez has accomplished more with less. What has Stafford done?  Sure it's easy to have good stats when you got an all time great WR in Megatron.  Megatron is so good, he even put up good years with Dan Orlovsky throwing to him. Stafford also has better 2nd and 3rd options to throw to.  

Sections
Shortcuts