Is Gronk the best TE in the NFL?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Is Gronk the best TE in the NFL?

Ask yourself, would you trade him STRAIGHT UP for any tight end in the league? I wouldn't.  Dominant blocker, beast as a receiver.  I still can't believe the Patriots have a dominant tight end, and we're not even talking about Aaron Hernandez.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: Is Gronk the best TE in the NFL?

He is to me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oh-my-beard. Show oh-my-beard's posts

I said no. As long as Gonzalez is playing... Gronk is the second best in my book. That being said, his youth is certainly an asset and I certainly wouldn't trade him for Gonzalez, but let's get real the old man is still a beast.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

I think he is definately up there if we are talking all around TE's blocking & receiving. Clark, Witten, Gronk. If you bring up the likes of jimmy graham, jermichael finley then i'd put Hernandez up there as aaron would put up those #'s too if gronk wasnt here, and i think gronk would put up close to those #'s if aaron wasnt here. But talking about a dual threat like gronk, he should definately be mentioned as a top 3!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I'm with the OP.  I wouldn't trade this kid for any other TE in the league.  Gronk is a huge mismatch and problem for opposing defenses.  He does it all.  He has size, speed, great hands and can block very well.  What more could you want out of your TE?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Oh, and having Hernandez is just icing on the cake.  And did I mention that they're both young studs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

The knock I see is his youth.  Hasn't put in the time yet.  When it's done though he will be the best bar none.  He's an exceptional blocker and presents a huge mismatch going down field.  There are no answers to the guy. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Yes, plus we have the best TE tandem in the NFL with Hernandez.

Gonzales hasn't been a force in years

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

I'll say no right now but top 5. I do think the tandem between Gronk/Hernandez is the best in football though.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I wouldn't trade him for any other TE in the league. Not even Gonzales.  While Gonzales is a true legend, Hall of Famer, currently at this stage of careers certainly take Gronk over him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Yes

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

not yet but he is on track to be the best, he's top 5 at least for now. finley is the best recieving tight end but not as good a blocker. gronk does it all, very good hands, blocking, and can get open. if he can stay healthy he could be the best in a year or two. there is no better combination of tight ends in the league than hernandez and gronkowski.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Gates when healthy, he'll be back soon

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Blocking for tight ends is underrated.  Gronk helps his team to win more than any other tight end.  Ask Oakland and New York, both of whom got their defensive front paved.  Ask Dallas, which had the NFL's #1 defense against the run before last week and New England still ran on them sometimes.

I just saw him draw interest as the offensive player of the year.  No other tight end drew interest.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

He's the youngest of the best anyway, it'd be nice to see how Gates and Witten would do without double teams. They're double teamin Gronk now he might be the best time will tell. Gonz is still great not best in the league material though in my opinion anymore!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

Most complete?  Probably, up there with Witten.  Not sure if he's the best, but I don't think it's absurd to put him up there.  Whale of a player in his 2nd year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I thought about this as objectively as possible and I would rather have Gronk then any TE in the league. He is a very sound blocker, underrated imo. His real threat is in the passing game where I hope we see Gronk running some deep patterns like Brees and Graham are doing in N.O..

1. A healthy Gates
    2. Gronk
    3. Witten
    4. Graham
    5. Finley is a freak.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

I probably wouldn't trade him, but if I did, it would be for Finley and no one else.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

If he isn't Hernandez is.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

In Response to Re: Is Gronk the best TE in the NFL?:
    I'll say no right now but top 5. I do think the tandem between Gronk/Hernandez is the best in football though.
    Posted by Wizardsjag

So what 4 TE's are better ???

Gronk had 10 TD's last year, tied for 1st with 2 others (Gates, Marcedes Lewis)
        *Witten/9, Hernandez/6, Gonzales/6

He leads the league so far this year with 5 (Gonzales/5  Hernandez/3)

His stats would likely be even a bit higher if Brady didn't ALSO have Hernandez

The guy literally carries guys down the field with him. He IS a beast and I'm blown away almost every time he makes a play due to his BRUTE strength. I was surprised to see that he fumbled once last year. I don't remember that.

I hope they lock both the TE's up for LONG term deals. Obviously Welker is first, but the TE's are surely outplaying their contracts and if they compensate them better, sooner rather than later, they'll probably get a better deal in the long run

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Gonzalez WAS the best tight end in the league.  For years

Now he's a rich man's Todd Heap

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

In Response to Re: Is Gronk the best TE in the NFL?:
    I think he is definately up there if we are talking all around TE's blocking & receiving. Clark, Witten, Gronk. If you bring up the likes of jimmy graham, jermichael finley then i'd put Hernandez up there as aaron would put up those #'s too if gronk wasnt here, and i think gronk would put up close to those #'s if aaron wasnt here. But talking about a dual threat like gronk, he should definately be mentioned as a top 3!
    Posted by Coolguy55220

Dallas Clark? lol. Seriously?

Have you ever seen this guy block? Or rather not block since firstly he's almost never asked to block and secondly he gets pancaked when he tries to block.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Gronk-only drawback so far is penalties....needs to get that under control.
    Hernandez-only drawback is he puts the ball on the ground too much.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Overall I think Gronk is the best. But, if you break down individual parts of the TE game he's not the best blocker in the league and he's not the best receiving TE in the league. At least not yet

Sections
Shortcuts