Is Gronkowski a top 5 TE?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prob2236. Show prob2236's posts

Is Gronkowski a top 5 TE?

I think this guy is an absolute stud.  He may not be the equivilent of a Gates or Vernon Davis but I think hes every bit as good as a Jason Witten anyone else agree?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Is Gronkowski a top 5 TE?

He's a Witten type, for sure. He's definitely better than Dustin Keller. lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

It wouldn't matter, Killa.

I started a thread about the Brayd doc and it was invited by jealous turds.  It had nothing to do with the Jets.

Please stop defending obnoxious trolls.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Like I said, that's not true. Their goal is to ruin our discussions as Pats fans. It's irrelevant if the word "Jets" is mentioned.

I just said that referencing the Brady doc on ESPN thread.

You enabling them isn't a good idea. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

You defend them constantly.

They bring nothing to the table here except spam and disruption to Pats fans conversations.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Maybe not top 5 now, but could easily be top 5 in the near future. When you have McCourty becoming a top corner, Hernandez stretching the field and a full season of Spikes the 2010 Pats draft just looks better and better.  The one caveat is that they all have to stay healthy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Can you name 5 better at this point?  Witten, Gates, and then everything else can pretty much be argued.  So an all-a-around TE that looks to only get better with TB throwing him the ball, and hopefully blocking the way for Ingram ;).... I'd say yes.  Top 5. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

The kid has elite potential, could develop into the top TE in the NFL due his upside to impact in both the run/pass game. 

I have the same feeling about Kyle Rudolph in this class, hence I'm one of the few that thinks he makes a ton of sense for them at 28 or 33 regardless of their current roster.

Just imagine trying to defend an offensive set that includes Gronk/Rudolph/Hernandez, talk about match up nightmares all over the field.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I think Gronk outplayed Witten last year.

Olsen in Chicago is very good as is Jermichael Finley in GB.

Dallas Clark is more of an H Back, but for discussion sake, he's a TE and one of the best.

People always drop the Heath Millers, Dustin Kellers, the Todd Heaps of the world, but none of those names are dominant.  Maybe a Kevin Boss. Solid TEs, but they have never shown the beastly blocking and receiving skills Gronk possesses.

Mercedes Lewis has improved every year. Zach Miller is very good as is Owen Daniels in Houston.

Celek in Philly has ascended.   

But, yeah, it's really Gates, an aging Gonzalez, Witten and maybe Dallas Clark who are the preemiment TEs.

I'd say after one year, Gronk may be in that mix after next season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

Rusty, why would you even put keller in the discussion?

Last years top 5 TE in the league

Gates
    Gronk
    Lewis from the jags
    Witten in dallas
    Davis from the 49s

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Gronk had a great rookie season last year without a doubt....he looks to have all the tools to be a truly great one....lets see how he does this year before we put him at or near the top...I'm more impressed with consistancy in the role required durring the play called than anything & I must admit he was VERY consistant at fulfilling that role when called upon....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

He's an example of a solid TE who is overrated.  Gronk is above that pack of names I listed (in my opinion).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

That TD catch he made against the Bears with Urlacher(pro-bowler) all over him was one of the more impressive plays any 2010 rookie made last year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

Hes def top 5 talent right now.

Remember that Td catch where a defender had him by the leg and he DRAGGED the guy across the goal line?

Gronk had so many awesome plays last year, more so then alot of other tightends.

Gronk is essentially a highlight reel waiting to happen on every play.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

not top five... but he has the #1 QB, that helps his game.  Hes a beast, but i listen to his interviews and he just seems like hes a complete moron.  great red zone threat

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Yeah killa, I disagree. He's definitely a top 5 talent with his speed, size, and strength. I think he's going to have a great year in 2011. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

For me it's all about how Brady and Co. utilize their weapons. Gronk is a legit endzone threat. Hernandez can line-up at WR and pose match-up problems and Crumpler can crush LBs and pass protect or run block on sweeps. Everyone has a specific role to play or job to do.

Killa, the problem with the Cleveland game is that nobody played their roles or did their jobs well.....including Brady...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jontarbox. Show jontarbox's posts

Vernon Davis
    Marcedes Lewis
    Antonio Gates
    Jermichael Finley
    Dallas Clark
    Jason Witten
    Gronk
                   Depending on how Finley and Clark come back from their injuries maybe Gronk is a top 5... nice call...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Gronk is a top 5 blocking tight end AND a top 10 pass-catching tight end.

A tight end who only catches passes is called a slot wide receiver.  A tight end who only blocks is called an extra offensive tackle. 

Gronk already has 10 touchdowns in 2010.  No tight end had 11 touchdowns in 2010.  

As the weather gets cold, defenses dominate. There were a number of reasons that the Patriots went hog-wild on offense as the weather got colder last year, and Gronkowski's learning curve was one reason.  Over the last 8 games of the regular season the Patriots scored 39, 31, 45, 45, 36, 31, 34 and 38 points.  Part of their success was a great running game despite having an undrafted running back (BJGE) and some other team's castoff running back (Woodhead).  Never underestimate the value of a great tight end.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Who cares?  They all disappeared in the biggest game of the year, last year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

He's an all world type of talent...a complete TE. Give him another year to fine tune his offensive game, add in the fact that Brady passes him the ball and we are looking at a top 5 guy for sure.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Is Gronkowski a top 5 TE?:
    In Response to Re: Is Gronkowski a top 5 TE? : You are such a freakin pansy, that everyone here should be embarrased that you are patsie fan.  You are so concerned with this whole "overrated" thing.  However, you can never back up your claim as to what rating system you are talking about and who is doing the rating.  Add to that, you have already commisioned statues for Gronk and pothead, after their rookie seasons where they joined an already solid offense run by one of the better dink & dunk QBs around.  Still can't figure out what your problem is with Keller.  His production matches up with the better TEs in the NFL and he sure has had his way with NE...oh, that's your problem.  You cannot possibly admit a player is good when they have great games against NE.  That's just sad. Plenty to be excited about with Gronk and dope fiend, but let's see if Gronk's back can handle the riggors of the NFL and his type of game and if the other one can stay off the hashish. 
    Posted by PhatRex

Now you are over here invading this thread and ruining it? Really, troll tool?

Calling Hernandez a "pothead" as you claim to drive in a van around the greater Denver area telling us you "have the kindest of kind"?

Please.

We weren't born last night, dork.  You aren't scoring points here trying to play Mr. cool stoner and mix in.  Dork.

You're such a phony fraud.

I also love how you call me a pansy, yet I'd probably throttle you into a little flimsy pancake.

Geek.

So, you can tell us you smoke weed in a van, but not what your profession is?

Only certain info is to be unveiled, eh, Phatty Boy?  lol

EXPOSED

My issue with Keller is he is overrated. We saw thousands of Jets dork fans claiming he is Pro Bowl material on draft day because NY panicked and traded up for him.

Well, how is Keller better than Gronkowski?

He isn't.

Hence, he's overrated. HIGHLY overrated, in my opinion. Believe it or not, Hitler, Pats fans can have opinions on a Pats board.  Keller is a solid everyday TE and not Pro Bowl material.

Maybe Keller will back up Gronkowski and Hernandez someday. lol

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Yea Tcal pretty much just summed it all up. Also Rex why you got to hate on Hernandez, so he smoked some weed in college, what is the big deal? We were talking shop about weed on Friday so again who cares.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

Because he is a tool as a troll ruining our discussions here.  Do not engage the tool.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

In Response to Re: Is Gronkowski a top 5 TE? : Because he is a tool as a troll ruining our discussions here.  Do not engage the tool.
    Posted by BBReigns

your only allowed to engage fools if you are Rusty, and sometimes your allowed to throw the first shots.

Sections
Shortcuts