Is Gronkowski a top 5 TE?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Is Gronkowski a top 5 TE?

In Response to Re: Is Gronkowski a top 5 TE?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Gronkowski a top 5 TE? : Yes, I have brought my army of minions and I am invading this thread that you own.  now, do what you do best and run away.  Oh, wait, aren't you the one that mentioned Keller?  What an idiot you are. So, going after players you want is panicking?  Trading up for Revis, panicking?  Trading up for Greene, panicking?  I suppose the other option is to draft 50 players in 5 years and hope you can get as many starters as the Jets got out of 25.  Quick math...................................half the picks, more starters.  Edge, Jets.
    Posted by PhatRex[/QUOTE]

I mentioned Keller in a group of other solid, starting TEs in the league. It was a reference point.

Your insecurity with that speaks volumes, dork.

Yes, trading up for Greene is a panic move.  He doesn't even start.

Your math blows, like your Rex Ryan doll.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Gronkowski a top 5 TE? : your only allowed to engage fools if you are Rusty, and sometimes your allowed to throw the first shots.
    Posted by ChasaB[/QUOTE]

Nah, I am talking about Killa acting like Phat Tool is not a troll here. He's a certified troll.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Daniel Graham was joining a SB winning team.  A important upgrade to blocking, and then winning two more rings is absolutely worth using assets to move up.

You call me an idiot and then wonder why Antowain Smith looked better in NE than he did in Buffalo.

Two words:

Dan Graham

I'll watch my SB 38 and 39 tapes and laugh at you, thanks very much.

Let us know when Keller even learns how to block. lol!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]I wonder why the Jets didn't trade up to draft Daniel Graham?  He was awesome!  he was definitely worth the 3 picks BB gave up to get him.  Of course Big Dan in his entire career never did as well as Keller has done in any of his three years.  Another panic move by BB?

As for this ridiculous comment, NY traded up for an RB who does not start.  I'd say that was a mistake.

700 yards rushing, behind a #1 rushing offense?

Wow!

Stop the presses!   Great return!

Wouldn't it be easier to not trade up if you need the picks?  Funny how one recipe works, the other doesn't, yet you praise the other one that doesn't work.

Keep in mind, Maroney was pretty good here until losing his job. He also STARTED in a SB and started on a perennial juggernaut team for 4 years, through the bulk of his cheap rookie deal. 

Maroney was far from "bad". Pretending BB would have a "bad" player starting here is a joke and shows your desperation as a Jets loser homer.

I am pretty sure NY did not need to trade up for a run of the mill, complementary RB.    But, again, they're the Jets. That's what they do. 

They trade up and then spend all this time and money trying to convince themselves and everyone else how great their moves are.

Wasn't Kerry Rhodes All Pro?  Is he or isn't he?  lol

How are you enjoying Conner?  Who drafts a FB when they are years away from a SB team with so many free agents on the current roster?

lol!!

A FB. Priceless.

How is MIke Nugent doing these days? Didn't the Pats sign Shayne Graham last year to kick, and MIke Nugent ended up in Cincy? 

What a small world. 

Cincy, the Bengals, takes your 3rd rd pick for a kicker and BB borrows the one who is cut from Cincy because NE's ALL Pro kicker got hurt. Absolutely priceless.

You just can't make this up. You just can't.

Keep in mind, I've witnessed my team in 6 SBs in the last 25 years.  You have witnessed ZERO, because you and your organization are ZEROS.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]You make me laugh man, so I am supposed to treat people the way you want me to treat them because you say so? When Rex says something over the top I call him on it and when he doesn't I shoot the sh*t with the guy. Sometimes he acts like a troll and other times he does not IMO of course. I dont know why you have this need for everyone to think the same way you do or whatever. You always try and call me out for not acting the way you want me to and its just weird man. You cant dictate how people treat each other and the fact that I don't get balls deep into every single troll the way you do doesn't make me any less of a fan.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

I am not saying you need to think the way I do whatsoever.  99.9% of Phat Rex's comments are Jets homerism/anti-NE directed material.

This is the equivalent of you going to the NY Post section of the Jets board and looking for attention, daily.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Wouldn't the pass first McDaniels offense mean that he wouldn't get as many carries like a Shonn Greene would in a run first offense in NY?  Umm, I think it does!

I mean, could you walk into more walls than you do here. My good god.

Time to take those dummy meds, Phatty.

If you're good enough to earn a starting role and be solid/good, and your team goes to a SB or plays in AFC title games, yes, that means you are good enough.

I am pretty sure if Maroney was not at least serviecable in that role, he wouldn't have been used by Belichick.

A disappointment, yes.  But, don't pretend he wasn't productive at times.

Your desperation and deflection tactics are absolutely terrible.   So transparent.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

All you have to do is look at NE's approach to drafting and NY's and it's night and day.

NE just took TWO TEs, each with varying skill sets. They traded up for Gronkowski.

He is a beast as a blocker and more gifted than Keller with receiving. Hence, absolutely worth the move to trade up. Keller can't block. 

You can't sit there and lie and tell us Keller looked better in his rookie year than Gronkowski.

Gronkowski had a borderline All Pro year as a rookie.  10 TDs, 42 receptions and 540 yards.

And this doesn't even count Hernandez as more of an explosive H Back.

BB gets two TEs for less money and more of a value in a draft.

Note how all I did was mention Keller in a group of solid/good TEs and this is all it takes for you to become insane with jealousy of what NE just scored to yet again show up the feeble Jets team building approach.

lol

Christ, Gronkowksi had 10 TDs. It took Keller 3 years to get 10 TDs as a main target for greasebucket Sancheese.

I might even argue Hernandez is as good as Keller.  Neither can block and Hernandez is as good as Keller.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Trading up for Revis was obviously wise. 

That's when it's ok. When you have a special, All Pro kind of player.  

In Graham's case, I'd say unloading a 3rd rounder and a throwaway 7th rounder to make Antowain Smith and an aging Corey Dillon look good/great, and helping deliver 2 SB rings is worth it.

You are basically saying that 3rd rd pick, on a team that was loaded for SB runs, wasn't worth it for Dan Graham who made NE's run offense look a lot better than what it would have been without him.

The 2 rings prove this, especially when it was a run first offense under Weis.

The reality is, NE needed an upgrade at TE and go it with Graham. Even if he was just a great blocker, it filled a top prioirty and it certainly didn't affect the overall 2002 draft.

The Jets pretty much trade up almos tevry year in ROund 1. lol

How dumb are you defending the stupitidy and failed approach of that?

They hit on Revis and you act like it's a slam dunk formula.

The jury is out on Sancheese and the Jets tossed awawy what could have been a valuable pick when they moved on Keller, who very likely could have still be there at 36 or whatever it was.

lol

If NY was a few draft picks away from a SB run instead of years away, really needing to bolster a team with picks, instead of tossing them, then that move would make sense.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

He's too stupid to see the logic.   He thinks every context is the same.

And I bet he feels this way about any discussion topic about anything.

Low IQ.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Who moves up and gives up nothing? WHat a piece of work.

You just can't make it up. This guy brainwashes himself into believing stuff that is made up.

Phat Rex lives in make-believe-land.

http://www.jetsinsider.com/news.php?storyid=2296&pf=1

Getting Gronk and Hernandez was a stroke of genius.

Gronk and Hernandez = 16 TDs last year.

Keller = 5

lol!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Dear Phat Turd,

I thought you said you had me on ignore? Just who is stupid?

Sanchez did have it easy with a top 5 run offense. Matt Ryan lost his and he had a sophmore slump.

He got it back and improved.

Get it, dumbo lips?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Gronkowski a top 5 TE? : I never said a word about Keller because quite frankly I don't care. If he was the right guy for NY when they moved up to get him then fine, I don't have a problem with it.
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]

Note how all I did was reference Keller in a mid-tier group of starting TEs and he's so insecure, he starts lashing out.

Gronk/Hernandez as rookies with a rookie offensive coordinator:  16 TDs

Keller: 5

Keller just got his 10th TD this year.

lol

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Gronkowski a top 5 TE? : Soon, loser, soon.  I just had to point out a few more times what a complete f'intool you are.   Yet Maroney, the superstar, had it hard on the top offense?  You can't make this stuff up.  you just can't.

Where did I say Maroney had it hard? The only thing that's hard is your boyfriend's wee-wee when you come home from your shift at 7-11.

I said he got less carries/less opps than a traditional run first offense.  Most NFL teams aren't running spread offenses like NE does.

Better make it faster than soon, stupid.  Make it really soon.

Nothing like some balding, middle aged angry dork from the NJ area calling me a loser.

I'd bet money you haven't even been to a Jets game in years, if ever.

Dork.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I said "BB does everything".

When did I say this?  Care to post that?  lol

Good luck finding that, liar.

You are a pathological liar.

I bashed O'Brien on here.  He finally got the title, but he clearly was feeling his way through 2009 and into 2010.   So, yes, rookie coordinator.  He didn't even have full control in 2009 as he was learning on the job.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

This is the part where Phatty tries to use my terms (backpedal) as a way to pretend he's smart. lol

Next he'll use another word that he picked up from me and try to pretend he somehow gained leverage in this debate.

FACT:

Every single NFL fan would take NE's choices investing at that position over what the Jets did.

Or, you're dumb or completely clueless when comparing the Gron/Hernandez skill set and rookie production compared to Keller.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Phat Rex done:

"The Jets pulled off a trade with Green Bay to move up six spots from #36 to #30 to select Purdue tight end Dustin Keller.

The Jets gave up one of their two 4th round picks (#113) to Green Bay for moving up and when the trade was announced there was buzz that the team may either select a wide receiver such as California's DeSean Jackson or a quarterback such as Louisville's Brian Brohm. Most were surprised when Keller's name was read.

Keller (6'2" - 242 Lbs) is a senior from Lafayette, IN. Last year, he hauled in 68 receptions for 881 yards (13.0 average) and seven touchdowns in 13 games (all starts). His receptions per game (5.2) and receiving yards per game (67.8) ranked fourth and fifth, respectively, among the country's tight ends in 2007. Keller missed one game in 2005 because of an ankle injury. A great pass catcher with speed over the middle, his scouting report mentions that he is a bit undersized and will never be a dominant drive blocker. What he lacks in blocking skills, he makes up by being a playmaking threat with the hands, athletic ability and versatility to develop into a quality contributor.

With the Keller pick, the Jets are now off the board until tomorrow when they select in the 4th round (Pick # 102).

IN DEPTH: Keller's a TE in the Dallas Clark/Antonio Gates mold."

LOL!! This last sentence has me in tears.

SOURCE:  http://www.jetsinsider.com/news.php?storyid=2296&pf=1

That draft was brutal for the Jets. Gholston and then a drunken Erik Ainge.  lol!!!

Keller was the highlight.

What a draft for Tanneboob!  All the way to building a SB team!

Good thing they traded up!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

So, you are saying GB got nothing for NY jumping over them?  Yes!  The only NFL team to allow a team to jump over them in the draft, for nothing!

It doesn't change the fact they unloaded a 4th rd pick. It doesn't matter if they reacquired the pick or not. They still had to give something away to get that.

NY traded with GB to move up.  FACT

lol

What do you think your IQ is down to today? 

We also are still laughing at the return you got on Brett Favre. Tears!

A 3rd pick for a one year rental loser, aging prima donna QB. GOod work Tannenboob!

You're close to a SB title!  lol

I love how he calls me a "moron" and he doesn't see that Tannenboob's trading around does nothing but move chairs around on the Titanic.

Who cares who recaqired what pick, it's that you actually traded up for a guy who isn't even a definitve addition to a supposed SB team.

When does this SB actually come to NY, Phatty?

lol

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

No, they used him as a blocker almost exclusively. How is blowing holes open for a strong running attack during a dynasty run "pathetic"?

They could have had Doug Jolley or Clinton Portis!!  Or Josh Reed or Randle-El!!Wow!

That damn BB!!!  How did he miss those talents!??

Has Randle-El even caught a pass in this league yet? Lol

Go look at the 2008 draft and tell me who Tannenboob could have had other than Gholston.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

"No answer"?

My answer is you are severely lacking basic intelligence levels to be able to rationally discuss concepts such as ROI.

Dan Graham is a big piece to a very good running game, helping run the ball, control the clock, and winning SBs, etc, and you see this is an issue.

lol!!

Do we need any more evidence to your Forrest Gump level IQ?

The Jets completely botched the 2008 draft.  Don't say the "gave up nothing".

They knee jerked themselves all over that draft. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPatsFan12. Show NYPatsFan12's posts

phat rex fight me

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

Rusty.. you know your not making any friends by completely torching this thread right?  Any new guys like myself that came in and had you on a clean slate, now think you suck.  You said something about Keller.. thats fine, you can say what you want about whoever you want..

Im torching you because of the comment you made after REX came back at you.  You completely took the bait and in the process changed the subject of the thread and made it about you2.

How old are you guys?  You know as soon as you came back at REX he was going to tear this thread up but you did it anyway.  Because your selfish.. and you have some complex that makes you think you need to convice everyone in the world how much of a troll ReX is. 

News Flash!!!

We know he's a tool.. he's a Jets fan that Trolls on a Patriots fan forum.  You dont have to prove it to anyone...WE KNOW.  The guy stays around because of you.  If he can get you torching our threads he's winning.. not you.  You just look like a doucher.  Stop using our forum and our threads to have your stupid little "you suck war."

Keller was an Elite TE last year for the first like 3 games.  He hit a wall somewhere around game 4 or 5 and did nothing the rest of the season.  Problem?  Santonio Holmes, only so many balls to go around.  Keller is solid.. not elite.  He's more like a secuirity blanket for Sancho Sanchez.

Gronk.. first off he's a rookie with 10 TD's.  That being said your insane if you say he's a top 5 TE.  You cant be a Top 5 anything coming out of your rookie year.  Example.. Matt Forte RB Chicago.  One of the leading rushers rookie year, Tanked in his second.  You have to be consistent.  Gronk has the ceiling to be one of the greats though.    Rusty.. keep it on subject and stop letting this Troll control you.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I hear your point and agree to some extent, but why is it this troll is allowed to even be here with this behavior?

The second he posts and follows me around is the second the thread gets derailed.

I am a Pats fan. He is not.  There is a clear difference here.

I think it's more tiring allowing him to tapdance around here either being enabled by Pats fans or allowed to post here by the mods.

Ban him once and for all.   He's shown he cannot follow the rules.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]You 2 are still going at it???? Jezus there's not enough dynamite in the world to blow this thread to he11 where it belongs.
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]

Notice how when he loses or looks pathetic as a Jets fan, he is the one that derails the threads, following me around. 

He just cannot stand it that NE has his Jets at every turn and the idea that NE is trending up and NY just missed their window.

It's not good enough that Dan Graham helped win TWO Super Bowls, yet he thinks trading up for Keller and Graham is an equivalent or Keller is better value.

lol

Yes, us Pats fans hate the fact we saw a dynasty here with a methodical, run first offense used a strategy to take time off the clock and setting records for most consecutive wins in conjunction with great defense and Special Teams.

Shame on Dan Graham!  Damn BB for drafting a high end need solidifying the edge for Pats RBs! Afterall, Brady had all word WRs here!  They should have been passing more instead!  Yay Phat Rex logic!

Keller has done nothing to propel the Jets into a SB or put them over the top on offense.

It's a great running team due to Mangold and Damien Woody's blocking skills, with Keller having NOTHING to do with that and his reception production is average.

Phat Rex hates facts.

Meanwhile, the more recent TE draft picks like Gronk and Hernandez helped make Brady an MVP, as they combined for 16 TDs as rookies.

Only in Phat Rex world is his binky (Keller) somehow this mysterious top rate TE in the NFL. lol

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Gronkowski a top 5 TE? : Notice how when he loses or looks pathetic as a Jets fan, he is the one that derails the threads, following me around.  He just cannot stand it that NE has his Jets at every turn and the idea that NE is trending up and NY just missed their window. It's not good enough that Dan Graham helped win TWO Super Bowls, yet he thinks trading up for Keller and Graham is an equivalent or Keller is better value. lol Yes, us Pats fans hate the fact we saw a dynasty here with a methodical, run first offense used a strategy to take time off the clock and setting records for most consecutive wins in conjunction with great defense and Special Teams. Shame on Dan Graham!  Damn BB for drafting a high end need solidifying the edge for Pats RBs! Afterall, Brady had all word WRs here!  They should have been passing more instead!  Yay Phat Rex logic! Keller has done nothing to propel the Jets into a SB or put them over the top on offense. It's a great running team due to Mangold and Damien Woody's blocking skills, with Keller having NOTHING to do with that and his reception production is average. Phat Rex hates facts. Meanwhile, the more recent TE draft picks like Gronk and Hernandez helped make Brady an MVP, as they combined for 16 TDs as rookies. Only in Phat Rex world is his binky (Keller) somehow this mysterious top rate TE in the NFL. lol
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

Let me give you just one more piece of advice.  This entire post.. Its like your trying to prove your point to him.  Its not going to happen.. havnt you ever met that certain guy that no matter what you say he's going to have his opinion?  No matter how many facts you put in front of him he will die with his own twisted look on reality.  EXample.. every Jets fan in the world lol. 

So knowing he's "that guy"  just let him live in his alternate reality and let him be.  Who's he going to argue with if no one responds to him?  We know he's a troll.. and we know theres no reasoning with him.. so talk as much crap on Jets players/fans as possible, but when he gets on and says.. "OH YEA.. TOM BRADY IS HALF THE QB THAT SANCHO SANCHEZ IS... "  We just chuckle to ourselves and continue on with the topic of the thread and not get sucked  into whatever crap is coming off his keyboard at the moment.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

I was thinking about #33 last night and how a team like Arizona or Washington would love to move up and secure the best QB available.  Since Cam Newton and Blaine Gabbert will either be taken by the time they pick in the first round (or not really wanted that high).

Either way, there will be many teams looking to trade up and select Locker, Mallet, Ponder, or Dalton.  The best trade BB could hope for is a 2011 2nd rounder and 2012 1st.  If that 2nd rounder ends up being #35-42, why not use that on the #1 TE Kyle Rudolph?

Rudolph should be still available at that time and he is the best player at his position.  Remember what Gronkowski did as a rookie being a TE who can block and catch, just imagine what two TE's could do for Brady, BJGE, and his offense.  I think we could use another TE since Crumpler is on his way out.