Is Haynesworth gone after next week?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: Is Haynesworth gone after next week?

I think when Big Al negotiated his 2011 salary down to just over 1 mil it was because both sides clearly understood that he was in no shape to play. He'll be a half season just getting his legs under him. If he comes around the second half that's exactly when we need.

I do agree with those who feel his is clogging up the middle and I saw him clearly being held several times. He simply gave up in Washington and really has played little in almost 2 years. Work in progress.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbmedia. Show dbmedia's posts

With Haynesworth and Wilfork in there, it is like having twelve men on the field without a penalty flag.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

He stays. Guys like Albert do not put a many stats, I thought he had a good game. Look at Wilforks numbers over the first 4 games and he had 7 tackles and 1/2 sack. The NT type players do not rack up stats, they take up blockers for the LB. Never look at stats for the NT type players. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Al will get his, remember he didn't play for the Skins what was it the last 4 games of last season?  Then no off season and short camp, IMO he's just trying to get back into his playing shape.  He's saying all the right things, not a distraction and if he can stay healthy for the rest of the season he'll get better each week. 

Also, he and other rushers need better play from the secondary.  WRs are getting open too quickly, QBs are taking advantage of CBs trailing or out of position.  Better secondary play, which I think they will once everyone is healthy and Al will get the sacks.  Up to now as a run stuffer he's doing a good job.

I do like Deaderick, if Wright can't come back I think Dea... takes his roster spot.  Brace is just a run stuffer, not better than Al so I'm not sure how he'll fit.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Let's stop blaming the defensive tackles for the scheme, should we cut Wilfork because he only has half a sack on the season? 

From what I see the only way that 2/4/5 alignment works is with Albert or Gerrard and Vince out there.  Anyone less than 330 pounds gets blown off the ball with the double team and the Jests ran it down our throats.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

its way early...we ar in good shape...but we still need to sharpen things up and play better... chung wasnt even close to the rookie in the endzone and ihedibo's deep coverage on holmes td was absent... he got caught watching but hes young and both those guys ar hitters..

hanesworth...  stop that nonsense

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dfitzp. Show dfitzp's posts

I rewatched the game, paying attention to Haynesworth. He generated push on many occasions, he forced runs to change direction on a few occasions. I know he didn't show up on the stat sheet but he didn't get pushed back on many plays. And on most plays he pushed the pile into the backfield. He needs to get in the weight room, and on the stationary bike. If he gets in better shape he can be dominant again.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Is Haynesworth gone after next week?:
    I dont know about you guys, but I am thinking Ochocinco was an overrated receiver, in Cincinnati.
    Posted by bobbysu

I don't know about me either, but Ocho did a nice toe-dance on a key first down in the first half.

No . . .   he's not Megatron, but if you've got him on your fantasy team, that's your fault, not Ocho's.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I guess Haynesworth is a little dinged up, if he can get healed up and get his game conditioning up through the regular season he just might be a beast in the playoffs.  He hasn't caused any problems as a Pat so the low risk high reward is still there.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Chad and Hanesworth arn't going anywhere. There here on the cheap. Chads false start was the only thing he did wrong and he's improving. Gronkowski had more drops then Chad did.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Chad isn't going anywhere and neither is big Al.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Ocho's only problem is that he still doesn't know the play book. He had 3 mishaps yesterday, a false start and that route where he didn't come back to the ball and Brady had to chew him out. Yet almost every catch he has made for us this year has been a timely 1st down....I'm happy with Chad so far but wish he would remove head from rectum.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dyslexic. Show dyslexic's posts

What a lot of Patriot fans forget is that most times Wilfork is the one who is being double teamed. The Jets were fortunate that Mangold returned who is a rare breed and can handle Vince one on one. Not many linemen in the NFL can. This allowed the Jets to focus on Haynesworth. Not every team is going to be able to do this. It's just a matter of time this defensive line is going to have a monster day.

Sections
Shortcuts